[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Our boat... the Sunseeker." What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 29

File: image.jpg (48KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 590x350px
>"Our boat... the Sunseeker."

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: logan-hugh-jackman-700x300.jpg (63KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
logan-hugh-jackman-700x300.jpg
63KB, 700x300px
>there's water...and...uh...
>there's water...and...uh...

>>
>>80258172

>"It wasn't me, Charles. It wasn't me!"

feels
>>
>>80258852
I thought he was trying to say that's water under the bridge but couldn't due to the fact he couldn't let it go.
>>
>>80258871
>>80258852

These two scenes were great. Honestly two of the best Wolverine moments I've seen in any movie.
>>
>>80258172
He was dreaming of the peace Logan and he had been looking forward to for so long. It also represents death and eternal rest - the boat is a metaphor for release from Xavier and Logan's terrible past, and quite literally for Logan as he was planning to kill himself once Xavier died of old age.

>>80258852
He was barely holding it together, trying to fulfill his promise to Xavier to buy a boat and take him out to the sea. The best he could do was a lake, burying him with no ceremony and no friends beyond himself and Laura. It broke his heart that the best he could do for Xavier was somewhere where "there's water."
>>
>>80258922

>;-;
>>
So is this an alternate future or what? Xavier says the first time they met he was a cage fighter, which is wrong unless an idiot wrote this movie and thinks the first X-Men film was still the first time they met. They met once in the Sixties when Wolverine told him to go fuck himself and then for an extended period in the Seventies, which Xavier couldn't have forgotten about because he still remembered "that" Wolverine decades later.

But then Wolverine has a katana in his room, which suggests his trip to Japan still happened and it's the same timeline.

You'd think a sendoff to Wolverine would at least have coherent and final placing in the timeline...
>>
>>80258852
*lauhgs*
>>
He planned to buy a boat to live on the sea until Charles dies and the blow his brain off
>>
>>80259019
How many times do you retarded little faggots need to be told?
>>
>>80259054
this
>>
>>80259019

Why do people even try to fit X-Men movies into a coherent timeline? X-Men Origins: Wolverine and First Class should have made any reasonable person give up.

Just accept Logan's premise, and you won't be plagued with questions. This is where our protagonists are currently. That's it.
>>
File: X-Men-Timelines-2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-Timelines-2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>80259019
Eventually I think Logan only remembers what happened in the Original Timeline but I think at the end of Days of Future Past Charles told him every change. But he mentioned the Liberty Statue in Logan so it wasnt THAT different from OG timeline
>>
>>80259054
I don't visit this board every day, you fucking retard. Told what?
>>
>>80259189
that fan made timeline looks terrible pham
>>
>>80259226
you're clearly the fucking retard here anon
>>
>>80259282
Go back to shitposting school, bub.
>>
>>80259189
That timeline picture is no needlessly confusing.
The timeline shit is really easy to understand, especially since I recently marathoned the entire series.
>>
File: 1299875438317.gif (3MB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1299875438317.gif
3MB, 300x347px
>>80258922
>the best he could do for Xavier was somewhere where "there's water."

god damn it
>>
>>80259328
Says the guy who can't work out x-men
>>
>daddy...no...daddy

What did she mean by this?
>>
Where were the other X-Men? Surely Charlie didn't waste all of them
>>
>>80261409
This. Anyone dare to explain?
>>
>>80261409
The Westchester Incident killed a bunch, but the rest probably died to the tainted food. They didn't have Wolverine's healing factor.
>>
>>80261409
Maybe he killed a good few of them and the rest and all other mutants stay away from him.
>>
>>80258852
The worst part was just how ignoble an end it was. He'd saved the world dozens of times, was the absolute most noble and self-sacrificing of them all. And he met his end bleeding out in a busted up truck bed half-mad with dementia with the weight of having killed the X-Men on his soul, and buried out in the middle of nowhere to be forgotten. All his and everyone else's sacrifices and all their struggles amounting to absolutely nothing.
>>
>>80258871
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>80261540

Shit like this makes me mad as fuck they got so fucking lazy

>implying the dozens of mutants at the school would be so stupid as to eat and drink poisoned food when they would easily have known about it
>mutants that can literally make water
>create and manipulate the earth around them to grow food
>can read minds, control people
>somehow expected to believe they all got wiped out by muh food and water virus

get fucked, the movie was pretty good but don't think too much on it
>>
It is official in the comics that all the mutants will eventually get wiped out in a genocide?
>>
>>80261591
all the mutants at school were killed by Charles as far as I understood, like 100+ of them(including X-men team). But the res of them around the world.. yeah, that was stupid. I guess they began to hide as the government decided enough is enough, let's make some mutant holocost guys.
>>
File: kinoconfirmed.png (416KB, 624x739px) Image search: [Google]
kinoconfirmed.png
416KB, 624x739px
>>
>>80258922
god damn this film is fucking brutal.

But my only real gripe (and maybe it was the cinema I saw it in) was that I couldn't understand what the characters were saying sometimes. For example, this scene and the scene. I was moved by the acting but had no idea he was trying to say "there's water" or what that meant.
>>
>>80261633

Pretty sure he only killed 7. Or 70. If the incident they refer to in the movie is to be believed or if that is the mansion

Either way, great movie, wish they could have expanded on it a bit more but that probably would have dragged the movie down so I can understand it somewhat
>>
>>80258922
Good post
>>
>>80261678
your brain was in flick mode when it should had been on kino mode
>>
>>80261679
Goat X-men movie. Are they going to do any more X-men capeshit like Apocalypse? that would be fucking stupid.
>>
>>80261670
kino
>>
>>80261699
It's a problem my parents have with American films/TV and muttering so maybe I'm just becoming them. Too many of the characters muttered.
>>
>>80261670
That's the most generic thing ever, of course he'll be on his back, in blood, because he's the Wolverine, an probably with someone he loves because kino.
>>
>>80259019
If he has the Katana in his room, that must mean theyre using The Wolverine timeline, in which he got his claws chopped off. So how did he get them back?
>>
>>80259019

How many times have we been over this. I'm not explaining it again.
>>
>>80261591
The movie strongly implied that no one knew why the mutants died off outside the scientist who engineered the food. Even Logan had just written them off as God's mistake and Charles didn't contradict it.

Besides, they're not explicit in what exactly the tainted food does. With Wolverine, it seemed to just suppress his powers and let the metal poisoning from the adamantine do the rest. Mutants might just have found their powers slowly waning across the world while they started getting picked off.
>>
>>80261493
Xavier killed the last of them. The ones before would've died from different causes, battles etc. But the final 8 X-Men (none coming after due to the X gene being destroyed from the Soda and shit) were killed by Xavier. Logan had some resistance (mentioned by Caliban) and so he survived. >>80261540
>>
>>80261591
Maybe they are living in Canada since someone was speaking to the children over the radio. If I had a secret mutant society I wouldn't want to invite Charles "lucky 7" Xavier
>>
>>80261571
That bothered me too. Charles deserved better. WAY better.
>>
>>80261571
>>80262492

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhYchnDNfA
>>
>>80261571
I loved how unceremonious the whole film was desu.
>>
>>80261764
Bone claws grow back and magneto made them adamantium
>>
>>80261571

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
>>
>>80261900
I prefer to think they get to Canada and find there is no Eden

Fits with the theme of the movie better
>>
>>80263077
They never mention it though, are we just supposed to assume?
>>
>>80261571
>This was the best day in a long time
>I don't deserve it
>>
>>80262492
He died standing up to what he always believed in: saving the mutant race. Which he did, by mentally leading Laura towards Logan, then Logan saving the last mutants.
>>
What movie carries product placement for a yacht company?
>>
>>80263500
Not movie. Kino.
>>
>>80258852
>there's Martha... and... uh
Seriously, Snyder?
>>
>>80263320
They found Eden though. It was that camp outside canada. After they cross the border though they have sanctions from the government probably.
>>
>>80261571
That's life.
>>
Why Canada though. What the fug.
>>
File: _731509_1393348732.jpg (63KB, 625x498px) Image search: [Google]
_731509_1393348732.jpg
63KB, 625x498px
>>80261571
>>80262664
>>80263713
It's really jarring

Xavier's entire life was a waste and he was wrong about everything all along

And what does this mean for the civil rights metaphors about mutants?
>>
>>80263841
Really?
>>
File: 14321412414.jpg (50KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
14321412414.jpg
50KB, 428x510px
>>80263450
i'm pretty sure xavier never stood up for anything
>>
>>80263867
I highly doubt he would consider all the good he did, regardless of the final outcome, to be a waste. Not even a little bit.
>>
>>80264591
KEK
>>
>>80261747
I had the same problem in my theater Anon. I just assumed somebody fucked up the volume in the theater though since it sounded like the entire movie had lower volume than it should have in a kinoplex
>>
File: 1488294006679.png (222KB, 549x560px) Image search: [Google]
1488294006679.png
222KB, 549x560px
>>80258852
how was Loligan actually able to overpower a horde of macho chads?
it literally makes no sense
>>
>>80264880
1) he overdosed on that adrenaline serum
2) his healing factor was failing but it's still a slight edge and can get shot and not drop immediately
3) he's carrying at least 200lbs of metal inside him in his skeleton, even if he doesn't claw you, a punch from him hurts significantly and would knock any mercenary chad on their ass. where he then promptly stabs you with the sharpest things imaginable
>>
>>80264880
Having claws that slice your limbs off are hard to deal with.
>>
>>80264979
>>80265026
loligan != logan
>>
>>80264764
Maybe he wouldn't, but his life's work was still a massive failure based on the events in this movie. Xavier's naivete doomed the entire mutant species to extinction outside of a lab. Inside of a lab, they were treated as less than human. Cyclops was right?
>>
So Logan's apocalyptic future is set only six years after the utopian future at the end of Future Past?

That shit is dumb.
>>
>>80265261
I know yo

shit's wack amirite
>>
>>80265173
Well, SOME ONE may have been right, but I don't think it was Cyc. Gosh golly, what was his name again? I think it started with an M...
>>
>>80265261
>the utopian future at the end of Future Past
How was it utopian? All we saw was Logan walkign around the mansion and everyone being alive. Just because there are no sentinels doesn't make it utopian
>>
>>80265336
I think you missed the reference...
>>
>>80265173
I'd still argue that going out the way they did would, in his mind, be the right choice to make rather than wage war with humans. A life of good deeds and self sacrifice isn't worthless at all.

Not to speculate too much, but there's always some semblance of hope. Mutants got out and at least Canada is one country that has people to protect them (Xavier pretty much made this happen by involving Logan). Evil Dr Man is dead. Maybe they'll have a future.

Just going to throw in there that dementia Xavier was pretty heartbreaking.
>>
>>80265336
Eric wasn't right about anything though
>>
>>80265412
Standing idly by while others eradicate you and your loved ones is neither noble nor good
>>
>>80265360
Probably. It's early, no coffee yet, etc...
>>
time travel, timelines and all that shit inevitably ruins the story and the entire franchise retroactively
>>
>>80265455
Oh shit you're right, I forgot the scene where they explicitly spelled out how Charles did nothing while also knowing why mutants were losing their powers or dying out.
>>
>>80265449
I think it would be hard to argue that with a mutant in this particular future. Mass genocide happened, and it happened to them by the very people that Eric said would do it.

I can sit and argue that the answer to genocide isn't genocide, and even have the moral high ground doing it. But it's not my head on the chopping block, nor is it my kid's.
>>
>>80265539
He's the most powerful telepath in the world with a computer that augments his power. Don't you think he'd see the mutant population declining and find it odd no new mutants were being born?
>>
So eh, why were most of the mutants dead exactly?

I get Xavier's dementia killed a lot, but was he plugged into Cerebro at the time?

Somebody explain please.
>>
>>80265261
>apocalyptic future
Except its not an apocalyptic setting. It's just the american southwest. It's just like that.
You're probably confused because just about every movie about the post apocalypse is filmed in those same settings.
>>
>>80265672
Food additives meant to supress and disrupt the x gene
>>
>>80265672
most good mutants were at the mansion and killed by xavier
the bad ones were probably hunted down by the government
others in hiding maybe dying of old age
no more were born due to the food etc
>>
wasn't it strange that the automated trucks didn't have any sort of programming to deal with road hazards or even non-automated traffic
>>
>>80265693
By the way, that was a pretty neat and realistic way for the government to attack its own citizens. Was that drawn from an X comic or an original idea?
>>
>>80265597
Yes, I think he'd probably spend every waking moment trying to solve it along with the rest of the X Men.

But since we don't actually know how or what happened (specifically) you're just making plots up to fit your narrative.

Maybe he had his seizure during the middle of a Cerebro session trying to track down who's poisoning the food, and Logan got him to Mexico bc as stated in the movie he was classified as a WMD. Did they ever explicitly say this was what caused the mutants to die? Are the mutants even all dead or in hiding? We know new ones aren't being born. Don't you figure this would take awhile to map back to the source, especially if it ISN'T some grand conspiracy but a fuck up by a random scientist from a pharmaceutical company? Like an "oops superbug released" scenario.
>>
>>80265751
Alex Jones was a co-writer
>>
>>80265751
Dr.Strangelove probably
>>
>>80265746
I thought the implication was the trucks "malfunctioned" (were controlled) to kill black farmer and family since they wouldn't sell their land.
>>
What were Charles' last words to Logan? I couldn't hear the line and no one has answered me so far. Did no one hear it? Was it made to be literally incomprehensible?
>>
>>80265672
Think of it this way anon: the guy who had always argued for coexistence with mutants and humans has a senior moment, kills his own pupils and injurs hundreds more. As the government, who was never super happy about mutants, this is a perfect excuse to begin a massive operation to neutralize the mutant threat forever.
Charles is damaged because the final mutant apocalypse was on HIS head, the guy who sacrificed everything to give mutants a future has their collective blood on his hands.
>>
>>80265795
>>80265822
>tfw it was just revealed the CIA could make vehicles do this
What was the film's endgame here?
>>
>>80258852

*crowd bursts into uncontrollable laughter*
>>
File: xmen12-1343605544.jpg (33KB, 584x250px) Image search: [Google]
xmen12-1343605544.jpg
33KB, 584x250px
>>80265593
Magneto's very first scheme would have looked pretty justified and borderline benevolent if the machine didn't kill the person shortly after they mutate
>>
>>80258852
I think he was trying to say he was glad Chuck got buried somewhere he'd have liked (by a lake) but couldn't get the words out to say anything else.

Then later on Logan gets buried by another lake presumably because his daughter thought this was very important to him due to it being the only thing he could get out when Chuck died when actually it had just been Logan grasping for anything to say.
>>
>>80265860
So basically Magneto's approach was right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hev2hu0LUcg
>>
>>80259189
motel where he met the nurse with the kid was called liberty something though
>>
>>80266115
Well...I think that's a bit of a jump. Just because Charles was wrong doesn't mean Eric is right. I'm still loathe to say that the answer to genocide is genocide.

There has to be another way, but sadly, in this reality no one found it.
>>
>>80265830
The last word he says is "Sunseeker" which is the name of the boat. He says something right before that though that I couldn't understand either.
>>
>>80258871
This actually made me feel bad. The thought of xavier actually thinking logan killed him and logan begging him to see he didn't.
>>
>>80266284
see >>80266025
"Turn all the world leaders into mutants" was a solid thought

Maybe somebody like Beast could've made the machine nonlethal, 95% of the legwork was done
>>
>>80266465
That...is a pretty good idea. Still raises some dubious ethical questions, but it beats the hell outta mass genocide.

"Charles...always unwilling to make sacrifices..."
>>
File: 2f7[1].jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7[1].jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>>80258871
>>
I assume that after Charles killed the key X Men team there were no good guys to stop the Government, using the event as a terrorist incident Hit Squads were authorised to hunt down the remaining mutants

Sure Magneto could probably outrun them but most mutants are a lot weaker, they can't defeat a 50 cal sniper round
>>
>>80258871
>Logan never got to hear Charles' final monologue
>>
>>80265123
this "Loligan" you speak of is fucking X-23.

Define "clone of wolverine"
The character is typified for having a particular attitude slanted in the habits of 'difficult to control' and wild, feral, animalistic tendencies. It makes him come off as a sort of savage berserker, at times even to his allies. This is why she snarled back at Logan right to his face and squared him with two jabs point-blank without fear of consequences. She is more savage than he is simply because she lacks his wisened experience, discipline and overall better-knowing of the situation. In any case, a wild person is often more difficult to control or predict than a tame one.

Define "x-factor"
Hyperactive regenerative abilities in a realistic sense would imply muscular tensile strength would be far greater than the average human due to how the ordinary human body works. Muscles require oxygen to operate and often in the detail of regenerative abilities, it's noted that the cells absorb more oxygen and work more effectively. Basically, Regenerative abilities on this scale increases strength.

Define "Adamantium"
Cut through flesh like a red-hot razor through foam. It's also the heaviest known metal aside from just being practically indestructible.
>>
>>80258172
Sunseeker is a company that makes boats. Pretty much FErarri but probably more expensive.
>>
The one thing that bugged me, how would adamantiam on a young girl work with aging? As per pelvis widens that's going to hurt like fuck
>>
This movie was fucking amazing , if you think otherwise , fucking kys

Oh and dat hotel scene, fuckingoing brilliant
>>
You now realise Logan was trying to get a boat so Charles would be away from populated areas
>>
>>80268753
Is this bait
>>
This movie was full of great character moments.
>Charles saying he was sorry after the incident in the hotel
>Logan not being able to give a big speech and just wrecking his car out of frustration
>The black dude whose family got killed by the Logan clone unloading his shotgun on him and then trying to shoot Logan but he's out of bullets
>>
File: IMG_8080.jpg (18KB, 233x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8080.jpg
18KB, 233x301px
>>80268945
>mfw Farmer Tyrone pulled the trigger

shit was heavy
>>
>>80269042
>Logan didn't even try to explain or stop him
>>
>>80268753
Only her claws are adamantium.
>>
>>80269126
>Then I'm assuming you've heard this before
>More than I'd like
>>
>>80259019
OFFICIAL TIMELINE

Origins (adamantium bullet)>>The Wolverine (katana)>> X1 (statue of liberty)>> X2 (mention no mutants being born since 2004 around when X2 took place)>> DofP (mention doctor dudes dad)>>>>>>>> LOGAN
>>
>>80268945
I thought the black guy was a mutant because how tf did he survive getting impaled?
>>
File: mfw reloading this thread.gif (813KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
mfw reloading this thread.gif
813KB, 540x270px
OP here. Made this thread before I passed out last night - just spent the last half hour reading your replies and doing Logan-related research in bed after I woke up. Thanks for clearing up the Sunseeker thing; I totally spaced on the 'going to sea' bit.

For the guys who couldn't hear Charles' last line - I couldn't either. The sound in my theatre was great, but that one particular line was soft/overpowered by the big D bass audio system. I got "Our boat... the Sunseeker" from the quotes section of IMDb.

>>80261670
holy shit

>>80264591
i lol'd irl in bed. i should probably eat breakfast soon.

>>80264880
if someone could start posting some Loligans (whether you think anon is referring to Logan or Laura), that would be great

>>80265788
underrated post

Okay I should probably put on pants and go to work now. I rate this thread an X/10 haha lmao fuck. Thanks everyone!
>>
>>80268945
One moment no one has talked about was this little scene when Logan's been lifted up in a stretcher and he realizes this and grabs the stretcher really hard. Nice little callback to Logan being really afraid of heights.
>>
This movie would have been so much better if x23 didn't really do much killing until the forest scene.

You see her kill a dozen or so soldiers without getting a scratch and it stops them being threatening.
>>
>>80269126
There was nothing to explain. The black guy knew the other dude was a clone or something similar. He also knew they were after Logan's group for some reason. Logan basically got farmer Tyrone's family killed.
>>
>>80268945
I agree.... and then the tbird act rolled around :/
>>
One more thing I want to mention that I haven't read here yet: I found it amusing how professionally edited the nurse's phone video was, and how no one cared that she's waving her camera around in a top secret illegal testing facility. She was kino within kino.
>>
File: 14845320123568.jpg (26KB, 639x328px) Image search: [Google]
14845320123568.jpg
26KB, 639x328px
>>80269273
>I rate this thread an X/10 haha lmao fuck
>>
>>80269290
Honestly, the movie is only really worth rewatching for select scenes. Pretty much like every other film in the franchise.
>>
>>80258172
What the fuck are they gonna do on a boat?
>>
>>80269459
Die
>>
>>80269459
the ocean is far away from other people, and yeah, die
>>
>>80268813
In the comics they state only her claws get the adamantium since she escapes before they can fuse her entire skeleton. They don't say anything like this in the movie but I assumed it was the case.
>>
ITT: adults discussing children's films
>>
>>80269482
Wolverine can't die, though. Wouldn't it be smarter to do a suicide pact with an adamantium bullet or something then to go die off on a boat? Who knows how long that'll take. Why did they spend years to raise $80,000 just to die? They could've used that money to fund a better suicide pact.
>>
File: 1467586908239.jpg (64KB, 845x857px) Image search: [Google]
1467586908239.jpg
64KB, 845x857px
>>80269610
>>
>>80258852
i thought he said "there's no more" because it was literally him and laura at that point and he had no idea the other mutant kids had survived
>>
>>80269661
I just thought of how living at sea would be a much nicer end of life care plan for Charles since he wouldn't be at risk for hurting anyone else with his uncontrollable psychic outbursts.

It really was terrible keeping him in that water tower, Logan could handle the psychic shit better than pretty much anyone. So them being together at sea makes sense to me.

Logan could probably just drown himself too.
>>
>>80270103
Well yeah, his metal skeleton probably makes it easy for him to sink
>>
>>80270103
also Charles wouldn't need the meds that were making him have dementia so it really would have been a better life for them both
>>
>"That was my favorite mug."

Being Caliban was suffering.
>>
>>80270124
He drowned and came back to life in DoFP, but I think now that his healing factor is shot it would actually kill him.

>>80270222
That's a good point, I didn't think of that.
>>
>"So this is what it feels like..."
>"Daddy....no...daddy!"
>that Shane eulogy
I don't give a shit, I teared up right there in the theater.
>>
>>80270241
>>80270241
>>80270241
>>
>>80265788
I think the movie makes it clear that neither Logan nor Xavier knew that the food and water was causing the issues. The "evil" Dr. is very specific about his part and how they did it - it was no accident considering his relationship to other known mutant experimenters. Xavier's naivete doomed his species and the only people who know the truth are now all dead meaning the conspiracy will continue unabated. Could it be possible that neither Xavier or Magneto are right - that one should work for peace, but expect and prepare for war? Both were proven fools.
>>
>>80258172
Plz don't get annoyed with me /tv/.

I haven't seen an X-Men movie since X3: Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

How is Professor X still alive when he died in X3? And I know it says in the movie that Professor X accidently killed several mutants, and the villain's team hunted down others, but really, all of them are dead? How? Everyone from the end of X3 (Storm, Iceman, Rogue, etc) are all dead?
>>
>>80271634
Don't know he just appeared in Days of future past
>>
>>80271634
You missed the post credits in X3 where Xavier transferred his mind to the bandaged patient with Moira that had no brain function. And the post credits of The Wolverine where Xavier and Magneto met Logan at an airport that was the scene leading to DoFP.
>>
>>80269553
>>80268753
You meant to respond here

>>80268813
Oh shit I didn't even think of that. I thought of it as being away from possible persecution.
>>
>>80269423
Lmao. I thought the same. I wanted to lean over to my girl friend (hopefully girlfriend soon) and joke about it, but I didn't know hos to joke about it in such few words and I was already making a lot of jokes as it was.
>>
>>80271995
How *
>>
>>80271849
I just looked it up. Wow you're right, I never did see that.
>>
>>80258922
Fuckin hell....
>>
How do none of you people get this?

>Sunseeker
>Son Seeker
>Logan was seeking a son but found a daughter instead
>>
>>80262492

Maybe.

But this is what we all get in the end. Now one gets happy ending or death they deserve. Now one.
>>
>Try the new Taco Bell chalupa

>>
>>80272617
kek
>>
File: punisher.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>No matter how the mutants change the past, the humans still hunt them to extinction

Feels bad man. Magneto was right
>>
>>80271995

What were some of these jokes you were making?
>>
>tfw they're going to fuck it all up and recast Wolverine for Lelpool 2
>>
>>80263374
>They never mention it though, are we just supposed to assume?

Yes.

And you shouldn't worry about "the bigger picture".

The point of this film wasn't to fit into a bigger universe and timeline, it was a standalone movie to say goodbye to 2 characters the audience loves.

The past of this timeline isn't important, what's important is the 2 characters we know and what is happening to them
>>
>>80261540
>>80261493
>>80261409

Wolverine says when he sees the comic that it's "bullshit" and that "in the real world people die", implying many of the mutants actually died on these missions, and the comic books just make it seem all happy and friendly.

They say to Calliban that he was on their side and helped them round up and kill the remaining mutants, so there was obviously a huge campaign from them to take the mutants out for many years.

The chemicals in the water/food made sure new mutants weren't born, so the population wasn't replenished as people died.

The last few were killed by Charles' seizure at his mansion
>>
>>80258172
So for some reason I came into the theater thinking this movie was going to incorporate some elements of the Legacy Virus storyline. I just assumed that was what wiped out the mutants in this world. And that that was why Logan's healing factor is weakened. I did not expect the evil doctor to randomly go into a rant about how he is the one who wiped out the mutants, but I still assumed it just meant he created the Legacy virus. Where are you guys getting this tainted food stuff from?
>>
>>80269126
You missed the point.

The farmer knew that wasn't Logan who killed them. He blamed Logan for bringing this destruction and death upon his family, and hated him for it. He wanted to kill him too
>>
>>80272857
Wolverine has that talk in the crop field with the farmer, saying how they put chemicals in water to make people feel happy and shit. Then the Doctor mentions something about it when he talks about stopping random mutants being born.

Originally it was going to be Mister Sinister, but Jackman vetoed that because he didn't want it becoming a superhero movie with a supervillain
>>
>>80272678
She's a memer, too. So when Professor X put on his new clothes, I leaned over and said "*tips fedora*" and at the beginning of the movie when he was getting robbed I said "See? This is why I hate spics". Stupid shit like that.

I'm half Mexican though. We just make racist jokes and shit together lol.
>>
>>80273121

I need more. Give me everything you've got big guy.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (32KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
32KB, 312x312px
>>80273121
>>
>>80261571
Welcome to life mate! this is what happens in the real world and it made the moment all the more poignant. All that good work he did forgotten for all time, it was the best ending imaginable for that movie.
>>
>>80273082
That makes sense. I distinctly remember not being able to hear well during that part and just thinking "wtf is this guy saying about corn?"
>>
>>80273312
Agreed, we didn't need a 30 foot stone statue of Professor X and mutant children laughing and playing in a field around it. This was the grim ending it needed
>>
>>80273173
Whatcha mean?

We banepost to each other too, coincidentally. She made me laugh out loud in the gym when she brought out her Bane impression for the first time.
>>80273267
Lol. I never claimed to be funny.
>>
>>80261679
7 died, two dozen or so were injured. That incident took place a year before the movie.
>>
I totally forgot Calliban was in X-men: Apocalypse

He must be old as shit in this movie? Has he got regeneration abilities too? Merchant was good though
>>
>the last 2 Fox superhero hits have been passion projects on low budgets pushed through by Reynolds and Jackman
>the rest have been trash flops (FF/apocalypse )

Just make Hugh and Ryan the guys in charge
>>
>>80273121
Yeah we all believe you too. Women love neckbeard memers that's why we all hang out here whilst are girls blow us under the computer desk.
>>
>>80263867
Maybe it was a metaphor about Trump winning and about how they will have to flee to Canada?
>>
>>80273481
Nice bait
>>
i haven't seen anyone else mention it yet but x-24's hair cut is very reminiscent of sabertooth's hair style from wolverine origins.

A nice little blip of detail.
>>
>>80273662
I believe it. There's weirder stuff in the world come on now.
>>
>>80273714
I'm being dead serious, m8. I don't bait. Never found the appeal of it.

She knows Moonman and we joke about killing jews and baneposting, etc.

It's not only guys who can meme, ya know.
>>
>>80272744
I'm pretty sure Reynolds won't do it if Jackman isn't Wolvie.

Everyone involved knows it wouldn't be the same with a new actor, especially when Logan retired the character so well.
>>
>>80273662
Just because I'm on spring break and don't have a full schedule today doesn't mean I make shit up. Lol.

I'm also not a neckbeard.

>Computer desk

Mobile here. "pleb". Does that make things any more believeable?
>>
>>80269610
>rated R
>>
>>80274296
>17
>adult
>>
>>80273621
It makes the prospect of a Deadpool/Wolverine R-rated buddy cop movie all the more kino.

But Jackman has been firm in his acknowledgement that Logan is his last time playing the character and rightly so considering he ended his 17 years as the character on a depressing high-note.
>>
why didn't the search the trucks for green stuff to revive him REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
So Where does the story go from now?

Will lolverine get her own movie of the new mutants rebuilding?
>>
>>80274879
anyone got an answer? this tickles me
>>
>>80258172
can anyone tell me what was xavier mumbling about at the beginning when logan arrives with his medicine? he was mumbling and wheeling his chair around
>>
>>80258172

I didn't understand this plot point. How the fuck would a boat solve all their problems? I assume it'd be a decent boat/yacht or whatever but you still need to get food and have money for shit like fuel. What the fuck were they going to do, sail to some deserted island and live like savages? What the fuck was the END GAME Logan?
>>
>>80261571
and so goes life.
>>
>>80275054
as mentioned by several anons earlier, his end game was to end
>>
>>80274998
i've asked this several times and no answers.

it was a good way to end it but i really wanted wolverine to be the canadian jungle professor x for the kids, even if we never saw him again.
>>
>>80273568

I have no idea and it weirded me out too because he'd have to be around as old as Xavier. I don't know much about his mutant powers so maybe he just ages slowly?
>>
>>80274879
>>80274998

He had nothing else to live for.

Yes, his daughter, but he was tired.

If you lived through 2 centuries worth of seeing everyone you love die, I would accept death with a smile like he did.
>>
>>80275283
I heard someone say the Caliban casting between the two movies was a pure coincidence; Logan (film) just needed a character who could track mutants for that plot device. Hence the different actors, accents, and mannerisms of Caliban.
>>
>>80275440
the kids didn't know or couldn't understand that, especially laura.

i know that he wants to die and the movie executed both his desires and the emotional impact of this well, the problem is that not one of the dozen+ kids realized there must have been green stuff in the trucks.
>>
>>80275440
That answer doesn't quite track to his question though. Yes, Logan himself was tired etc., but he's asking why didn't the kids try to revive him. I'm -

>>80275514
ah shit your reply loaded right in the middle of typing of mine^. yeah was basically gonna say this.
>>
Anyone have camrip links please??
>>
>>80275164
>>80275054
As soon as Prof. X croaks, he was gonna blow his brains out with the adamantium bullet.

He just wanted a boat in order to prevent Charles from having a seizure in a populated area again as well as giving Charles some sense of peace in his twilight years.

It's why the lake and burial scene is all the more sad and poignant.

>T-there's water...and...uhm...
>>
anyone got a gif or webm of the black kid running? i know your audience lol'd out loud don't lie.
>>
>>80274980
i hope so
>>
File: 1470864391225.jpg (45KB, 315x308px) Image search: [Google]
1470864391225.jpg
45KB, 315x308px
>>80258852
>>
>>80276028
have you seen the Shadbase pic
>>
>>80263867
Would have been nice to see Magneto one last time.
>>
>>80268592
That part got me the most. I was crying more about that than Charles actually dying.
>>
>>80261703
they will, and the taste of shit that people will have after watching those new movies after Logan will be Singer's downfall
>>
>>80272744
It should just be Hugh jackman who is massively confused when Deadpool rocks up and starts calling him Wolverine.
>>
>>80269126
Charles had just died, I'm guessing Logan wasn't averse to meeting his own end at that moment because of that. He just had that "get it over with, end me" vibe to him at that moment.
>>
>>80273082
The whole time, I was waiting for the Doctor to be Mr. Sinister. I was really surprised when he didn't at least work for Essex Corp.
>>
File: caliban.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
caliban.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
>>80273568
>>80275454
Ohhh, CALIBAN. I thought we were getting a Venture Bros. crossover, there.
>>
>>80275454
Makes sense, he was totally different in Logan
>>
>>80277212
After all the bitching over the Mandarin i'm kinda glad they didn't do that
>>
>>80269432
What? You thought OP wasn't a faggot?
>>
>>80278780
that's dangerous thinking
>>
>>80278177
>>80278177
>>
>>80259189
"These timelines are so confusing..."
>>
File: rain.gif (315KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
rain.gif
315KB, 500x275px
>>80270433
When she tipped the cross over to make an "X" I was REALLY close to losing my composure.
>>
File: Thewayofthefuture.jpg (39KB, 1916x816px) Image search: [Google]
Thewayofthefuture.jpg
39KB, 1916x816px
>>80258852
"The way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future"
>>
File: 1654326.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1654326.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
>>80259189
>Liberty Statue
English isn't your first language, is it?
>>
>>80274206
So she's fat. Doesn't count nigger
>>
I hate the kid's foreign accent and the parts where she shrieks in spanish. It was really gross to hear I wish it wasn't in the movie
>>
>>80261678
next time get a cc device
>>
>>80261540
>>80261409
>>80261808
why didn't Caliban die in that incident or from the modified corn?
>>
The GMO stuff felt tacked on and I don't know why you would end your movie with a line from another. A minor issue how did the stupid nurse edit all the footage she had into one video with a voice over and cuts?
>>
>>80282408
>tediously editing a movie via mobile app

i laughed
>>
File: 1438032743788.jpg (151KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
1438032743788.jpg
151KB, 1152x768px
>>80261670
That's the good shit
>>
whatever happened to Magneto?
>>
What was impressive to me is how they made Laura's action scenes not awful.. They could've been so fucking cheesy and ruined the whole movie
>>
Magneto probably died from old age.
>>
I quite enjoyed how Logan shot the evil scientist in the face mid-monologue.
>>
It's like BVS but with a leftist message. I think it's an OK movie
>>
>>80282500
I thought she was well-casted. Also liked that she didn't talk for half the movie. Her screams were terrifying.
>>
>>80282484

They probably finally just straight up killed him instead of putting him in prison. Mutants were being hunted down by transigen presumably once they were weakened by the gene therapy
>>
>>80272744
This definitely will never happen, Ryan Reynolds is pretty much in charge of the Deadpool franchise and he would never allow it
>>
>>80258172
Was there an implication that Charles accidentally killed all the mutants at his school during one of his first seizures and only wolverine survived the attack because of his regeneration?

That's the vibe I got and it makes me sad as fuck. Charles just wanted the school to start over again and helped these kids organize themselves and escape to try and make up for his greatest mistake.
>>
>>80282880
P much. We know tgat faggot cyclops went down like a bitch and probably storm. Maybe kitty pride escaped for a lil while but yeah. The implication was that prof killed thwm all
>>
>>80269449
>his dick is the center of the universe

>>
>>80282880
The general consensus in this thread is yes, he at least killed a good chunk of the main X-Men team at his Westchester school (7 mains I iirc). Most other mutants were probably hunted down by people like the Reavers. And no more were born due to the Dr. Evil food poisoning backstory or whatever.

>>80282948
There's a theory that someone Logan knows personally, possibly a former X-Man, wrote all those comics. That's why he has such disdain towards them. And that the coordinates in the comic were on purpose and do actually lead to a real sanctuary. He said it might be Cyclops, but didn't he get vaporized by Jean in X3? Not like we're keeping timeline scores here anyways.
>>
>>80282880
Yes, he killed the last remaining x-men. He remembered what he'd done just before he died, before that he could only assume Logan killed them
>>
File: logan-poster.jpg?itok=j7nsynlB.jpg (219KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
logan-poster.jpg?itok=j7nsynlB.jpg
219KB, 825x464px
>>80259019
Mangold himself he doesn't give a shit about timelines and referenced events he liked and ignored ones he didn't. This is Mangold himself saying it, it's the correct answer.
>>
>>80263841
I have no idea. It's not like the Reavers would suddenly stop chasing people once they go into Manitoba. I mean it is Manitoba, no one wants to go there, but I think the Reavers could hack it.
>>
File: C6fVOafVQAQZG6U.jpg (41KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
C6fVOafVQAQZG6U.jpg
41KB, 480x370px
POETRY
>>
>>80283729
It really doesn't matter too much either because this is probably the only movie we're getting in the new timeline that takes place after when the first X-Men would have happened. There's nothing stopping anyone from picking and choosing what did and didn't happen in the new timeline
>>
>>80264880
Super strength and agility. Yeah I know their powers are healing factor and boneclaws, but Wolverine and her both do feats of superhuman athletics in multiple films.
>>
>>80261571
That's life
>>
>>80268753
>As per pelvis widens that's going to hurt like fuck
No, it just wouldn't widen, growth won't try to force itself out.
>>
>>80269126
Which is one of the moments that best illustrated how much better Logan is than other capeshit, a lesser film would have had him try and explain himself.
>>
>>80283901
A lesser film would have also had the whole family survive. Fuck me I love Logan.
>>
>you now realize that Wolverine remembers everything from both timelines
>he witnessed Charles dying twice
>witnessed all the Xmen dying twice
>no matter what they did it made no differnce and the mutants where always wiped out
>his waifu always died
>his life is always filled with pain, suffering, and loss
>he is always the last one standing
>>
>>80273568
He would only be in his 70s, not that old.
>>
>>80258172
>films that made you want to get your shit together so you can have a family but then you realize you had that reaction to a marvel movie and go home and order a large pizza with ranch
>>
>>80273621
Honestly between Deadpool, Logan, and Legion Fox has completely blown away Disney and WB. Mid-budget R-rated capekino is clearly the future.
>>
>>80273744
No one mentioned it because it was so freeking obvious lmao
>>
>>80282484
Nigga, he's even older than Charles and Charles was fucking 90. He probably died of old age or something before shit hit the fan desu.
>>
>>80261571
The whole movie is the conclusion of the x men story of mutants/x-men. It was good because it was bitter sweet, and makes sense within the tone of the first movies. Yeah they tried to do good, and it didn't amount to much of anything but they tried and there is some hope that the new mutants might live peacefully but Logan in this universe and to some extent Xavier find some peace at the end of their era
>>
>>80258172
>The Sunseeker
>Charles subtlely telling Caliban to fuck off for who knows how many years
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.