[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest Kong Review: 5/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: kong-skull-island1.jpg (40KB, 780x451px) Image search: [Google]
kong-skull-island1.jpg
40KB, 780x451px
I'm sorry but this is a terrible film, easily 5/10 and easily worse than Godzilla. I don't know whats the appeal in these films and why does everyone shills on this director.

Spoilers ahead

Hiddleston is a great actor and his character was very interesting but he never gets a chance to shine, you're told he's a super badass Former SAS but he has basically no backstory and when he has to display his skills it's always in the most ridiculous of ways, like when they introduce him, he omnisciently senses a guy about to stab him in the back and fights 2 dudes without even looking at them.

Script was terrible, they tried to do comedic relief shit all the time but it just came off as awkward and not funny. One soldier character carries an AK47 instead of an M16 and when he gives his explanation for it, it makes no fucking sense, it was literally something like "Rocks are like feathers: if you step on water, I'm scared of the tigers".
Also characters are aware of events that they did not witness and they did not know which happened. Brie Larson tells John C Reilly "that's what killed your friend!" and before that point, John had not mentioned his friend got killed, much less specified what killed him. Kong is called "the king" when Samuel L jackson is NOT present, and yet during a later confrontation, he says "You're no king!". There's barely any exposition or character development, even for main characters, and the film has a huge lack of closure, we don't even see the survivors getting extracted, it's literally just "Kong kills the big bad, walks away, zoom in Kong's eye, it's over!"

Samuel L jackson is playing the same character he always plays.

Brie Larson's character is completely unidimensional and she says some extremely cringeworthy shit that got me hating her really fast. She's basically an embodiment of liberal mindset full of stereotypical liberal bullshit.

Pacing in the film was just terrible, I really feel generous giving it a 5
>>

If you're really NOT into extremely silly scenes in otherwise serious films, this one is really not for you. There's a scene where Brie Larson kills a monster that's moving at like 80 mph by throwing a lighter with pinpoint accuracy from like 20 feet into an extremely small square area. Hiddleston also grabs a katana mid air and starts spinning around slashing pterodactyls/birds in slow motion while running through toxic gas with a gas mask, only to take the mask off when he is done killing, in the middle of the fucking gas cloud

A character who was in a terrible physical shape, managed to dodge a monster that moved at like 70 mph at the last second and slashed its feet open with a 28 years old katana. Oh yeah, the monster was completely immune to 7.62 rounds but it was hurt by GRORIUS NIPPON STEEL.

The film also can't keep track of its redshirts and inexplicably multiplies them. We go from having 6-8 soldiers to having a group of 20 soldiers out of nowhere.

>>
>Brie Larson's character is the embodiment of liberal mindset

Why? What does she says?
>>
>>80257272
They're about to kill Kong and she stops them and says black lives matter
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (51KB, 349x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
51KB, 349x352px
>>80257292
>>
>>80257292
>>
>>80257272
She's a pacifist, anti-war photographer who won't pick up a gun for no reason. When she's boarding the ship and she meets Samuel L Jackson's character, the guy tells her that it's because of photographers like her that the US decided to abandon the Vietnam war, because they changed the public's opinion.

So she makes a "SHOTS FIRED!" response saying some shit like "Oh so you're saying we the guys with no guns made the big bad army lose the war? ;););)"

>Not mentioning that the US army was completely raping the vietcong in every level imaginable
>Not mentioning that it was a huge military victory but a political defeat, US decided to pull out because it just wasn't worth it to keep going.

And when shit goes down at the island, everyone, literally EVERYONE picks up a weapon, even the scientists, even some 5'3 asian biologist picks up a damn m16 with grenade launcher for herself...everyone except Brie's! because she hates guns and she is a pacifist!.

There was also no reason for her character to be in the expedition, the scientists had a lot of photography and recording equipment for collecting evidence. Why would the US gov decide to hire a random, HIPPIE, ANTI WAR journalist to go on a secret expedition?
>>
Does Brie at least get her perfect titties out?
>>
OP did the movie ever state whether people were on the naval carrier or not? If so they could have left and gotten reinforcements pretty easily.

And yeah I agree with you on M16s and 50 calibers not doing anything to Kong or the skull devils yet fucking swords and hellicopter blades being effective
>>
>>80257389
No. Not even hard nipples after being thrown into water.
>>
Thanks /tv/ now I can drop this movie from my watching list at cinemas
Fucking liberal anti war message should be avoided
>>
>>80257389

Nope, even though she was seemingly braless you don't even get to see her nipples/wet shirt.
She's also without makeup for most of the movie and looks really bad, but of course that's realistic.

>>80257451
The entire "goal" of the survivors is to reach the north of the island before 3 days to leave with the resupply team. The island was "locked" by a giant storm and they had to wait for an opening to get inside. Nobody asides the initial team went inside.
>>
>>80257272
She's not a war photographer she's an "anti war photographer" Brie acts well enough but she doesn't have much to work with
>>
>>80257503
Don't be a bitch anon, it hardly ever comes up and Sam Jackson even gives her a nice "Bitch please" later on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.