[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dennis/Glenn to possibly leave Always Sunny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19

File: 1481102250754.png (635KB, 519x537px) Image search: [Google]
1481102250754.png
635KB, 519x537px
http://www.avclub.com/article/glenn-howerton-might-be-done-its-always-sunny-phil-251753

lol always sunny without dennis? literally just fucking end it. Like seriously? just fucking end it.

Any other character would have been tolerable. But without Glenn? Just stop it. You are shooting the car's tires with that
>>
The only time I've ever given a shit about a celebrity quitting a show
>>
If he leaves just end it already. Show had a good run anyway.
>>
>>80250203
At this point it's sunk to such depths that they'll probably recast Dennis. They need to end the show with some dignity. They could all do other projects too. It's had a great run but it's time to end whether he quits or not.
>>
File: 1483586777467.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483586777467.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>already renewed into season 14
>>
>>80251670
How much longer does devito have on this earth?
>>
it0s ok if he misses half of next season for whatever reasons imo, but the show can't go on without him
>>
If Glenn can't return because he dies a sitcom that's gonna tank in 10 episodes or less, I'll be pretty pissed off. It's not like it would ever be a hit series by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>80251670
>never won any awards, but is the longest running sitcom of all time anyways.
>>
>>80251920

Glenn is too tied to Dennis to be taken seriously in any other role. It's Always Sunny will have to be long gone and forgotten for him to play any role and him be taken seriously.
>>
>>80252585
>what's Fargo
>>
>>80253055
he was awful in fargo lol

and this is coming from someone who loves dennis
>>
>>80253055
I'm not gonna lie, it took me a couple of episodes to realize it was him
>>
>>80250203
Just slowly replace every cast member with a old, slightly irrelevant actor.

By Season 14, have a new cast comprised of old men and old woman.
>>
>>80250203
From what it seems like (and I'm assuming from this last season finale) if Dennis leaves he will almost certainly return after not that long.
Also, you freaks act like Dennis is the only good thing about the show? Literally all, ALL the other actors are talented and hilarious. I would miss Dennis, but I would absolutely keep watching
Then again, I'm actually a true Sunny fan so idk
>>
File: LEEEEE.png (230KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
LEEEEE.png
230KB, 720x400px
F
>>
>>80250203
The only Sunny thing to do is not support this new tv series so he has to come back next season.
>>
Just replace Dennis with rickety cricket. Done.
>>
Charlie banged the waitress finally. Nobody is talking about that. While they take a year off from the show they can decide if they want to write Dennis back in or just bring in more side characters. The likely solution would be to promote the waitress to a more mainstay character (which would suck) just given the latest episodes arc. Would much prefer more cricket. Or Dennis back. Or for the show to die with dignity
>>
>>80250203
wow he was not fat before
>>
season 10 was the last good season. 11 feels so completely out of place like they had totally new writers or something, or they just thought let's do something completely fucking different. the only memorable episode was when mac and dennis move to the suburbs, and being frank for how flat it falls (although the scenes with pondy were pretty funny).

i feel like they get really uncomfortable and out of their element when they try to take the gang away from the bar/their petty scheming and place them in bigger situations but maybe that's just me
>>
I stopped watching after like season 4 so I don't give a shit, anyway good luck dennis
>>
They're just going to have a little hiatus before they make the next season. He'll be back whenever they do return. If Charlie can do his shit movies, one pilot that will be cancelled in short order won't be enough of a reason for Glenn to actually leave.

They're just trying to change things up and go into a more serial format, like South Park. I don't think it's a good idea, but I don't exactly blame them for finally resolving bits they've had going for ten years. Matt coming out and Charlie banging the waitress weren't the worst parts of this season.

It's also clear they wrote most of this episode before they knew they were renewed. Kind of like The Gang Goes To Hell, it's another glimpse into how they thought they might have ended the series.
>>
>>80253373
>>80253342
season 7 was the last good season desu
>>
>>80253150
Dennis was the driving force behind like 80% of the shit that happens in the show. Everyone else is usually just along for the ride and find ways to mess things up/complicate things. You're right in that the other actors are all talented but I do miss Mac and his whole Roadhouse cooler shtick and Devito being a crass vulgar riot.
>>
>>80253175
this
>>
Did anyone read the link? It's going on an indefinite hiatus, it's a break from the show for everyone to do new things and come back when they want. I highly doubt they'd actually do a new seasons without Glenn, as he clearly is done with the show for the time being
>>
>>80253416
>It's also clear they wrote most of this episode before they knew they were renewed.
FX has had this show renewed 2 seasons in advance for years now
>>
This show is shit now. Mac's LITERALLY a faggot (it's not a joke anymore, here comes the gay agenda pushing).
>>
>>80253342
Not necessarily. Some did it really well.

>The Gang Gets Stranded
>The Gang Gets Trapped
>Thunder Gun Express
>>
> 10:36 on a Tuesday

DENNIS: (Walks into bar) "Hey-oh, the baby's dead."

> The Gang Goes to a Funeral
>>
>>80253439
Devito was the funniest one this season. He singlehandedly saved the finale with his decent proposal.
>>
>>80253533
literally a reddit comment
>>
>>80253520
What do you expect? Rob said they hired a bunch of new "diverse" writers for the show which i wouldnt be surprised if they were minorities and women
>>
>>80250203
>X-men go to North Dakota
>now this

Stay out of my frozen wasteland, you fucking weirdos.
>>
>>80253613
we're impregnating your women and leaving them single mothers. Pick up our scraps
>>
>>80253560
I thought the finale was fantastic, one of the funniest in years. Mac recreating the same apartment was my favorite, but "IM GONNA SMASH IT" and "Dennis is his sex slave name" were pretty great too

>>80253601
Jesus christ enough with this. The show has been going downhill for 5 years now, this is nothing new. You faggots are ignoring the past half decade of middling results with this show to push this agenda
>>
>>80253636
There's enough single-mommery to go around. Like pissing in an ocean of piss.
>>
the show blows now because they broke away from the group dynamic they had going

>dennis is the looks
>mac is the brains
>charlie is the wildcard
>frank is the muscle (and financier)
>dee is the useless chick
>>
File: 1384702896210.png (712KB, 766x706px) Image search: [Google]
1384702896210.png
712KB, 766x706px
>DENNIS system episode
>"you should see him feast, he's like a mantis"
>"yeah that's good, call me that from now on... Mantis..."
>>
>>80253266
am i the only one that hated this part of the episode? Felt so stupid. No matter what charlie says it doesn't change that he reeks, has poor hygiene and a plethora of other reasons why no sane woman would want to be with him.
>>
>>80252067
10eps a season
they have fewer episodes than "just shoot me"
>>
>>80253741
>mac is the brains

U wut m8t?
>>
>>80254317
his ideas and execution are always so hair brained and ill thought out, they make for great entertainment
>>
>>80254004
she's not sane, she's neurotic white trash
>>
I thought one of the main reasons why Mac was against being gay was because he was highly religious (Catholic, I think)? Is he not Catholic anymore? Did I miss an episode where they explained this in some hand-wavey fashion?

Are the writers really just that bad now?
>>
>>80254619
it's not a sin to be homosexual, only a sin to act on it. Hence why he's still in denial about his 'exercise bike'
>>
>>80254655
>it's not a sin to be homosexual, only a sin to act on it
The impression I get is that he would have no objections with "acting on it" if Dennis was involved.
>>
>>80254745
yeah but he expects Dennis to reject him
>>
>>80251698
He'll be fine
>>
File: 1.jpg (59KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
59KB, 500x305px
>>80253149
Replace them with Japanese comedians until we have GnT+Devito
>>
The last few seasons sucked with like 2-3 good eps per season.
That finale fuckin blew and was just shitty pandering with dumb memes
The show morphed from around season 5-6 from being about how the characters are believable and ignorant, and society bitch-slapping back at them and having reality be grounded(bar a few episodes where the scenario is out there) into just silly, goofy, over the top characters do whatever they want with no legitimate consequences. The characters lost almost all sense of realism and have lacking consistency. Dee went from at least being a voice of reason with some decent skill in acting to just being a total trashbag in regards to performace. Frank went from a responsible businessman who wanted to just get away from his wife and being a rich snob to live in squalor into someone who just spews catchphrases and does some dumb random shit. Dennis went from being a crafty narcissist who still lost from time to time into someone who openly has a god complex and just straight-up blurted his thoughts out or ran around Philly in his own dimension. Mac went from being a slightly frustrated bisexual who enjoyed fucking women and felt weird about fucking a tranny to just a full-blown homosexual, with a lack of concern for his pseudo-machoness and has some sort of submissive maid mentality, once again, from nowhere. I hope they're done with this show, because they've gone above and beyond milking a cow for an extra 6-7 years imo.
>>
File: 490yzvvo9eky[1].jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
490yzvvo9eky[1].jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>
The overall quality of the show has taken a sharp nosedive, most notably this season. Even with Glenn, Charlie, and Rob writing some episodes, those still came off pretty weak. I just think they've run out of ideas desu

Instead of an "extended hiatus" like they've been planning, I think they'd be better off ending the show altogether, and maybe getting together every once in a while and do an hour long special like the Christmas episode
>>
File: dennis.jpg (23KB, 604x443px) Image search: [Google]
dennis.jpg
23KB, 604x443px
this made me sad
>>
>tfw I liked the new seasons most
>>
>>80253533
>if he quits: he was in the exploded car
>if he stays: the woman and kid were in his car

win win scenario
>>
>>80253149
That's kind of what I'm seeing, that this is just a joke on the media. I'm sure they've already done plenty of jokes before about sitcoms replacing stars and whatever, but actually having Glenn leave, announce that he -might- be leaving and then recasting him? That sounds like it could be hilarious. There's so many ways they could go with that.
>>
>>80255257
>ftw people you discuss with watch movies and tv in piss poor stream quality
kys mate
>>
>>80251698
I dont think he cares.
>>
>>80253149
Didn't they kind of to it with haley joel osmit?
>>
File: IMG_1985.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>80253814
is your riki ok?
>>
>>80253097
>>80253055

>Dennis is moving to North Dakota.
>Fargo is in North Dakota.
>Dennis is known for using aliases and pretending to be someone he's not.
>Being himself, he sees an opportunity to get rich quick.
>>
Glenn Howerton was the best part of these last five seasons which I haven't enjoyed very much, but he's such a great performer that he still makes me laugh.

Dennis was always my favorite character on the show. I'm not gonna watch season 13 if he doesn't come back, finally gonna put this show to rest, it's about fucking time anyways, it hasn't been good in so many years.
>>
>>80253150
Rob is not a talented actor.
>>
>>80255257
Dennis' line "I'll figure it out" might have been emotionally affecting if he weren't evil and they weren't going to whore the show out again in a few years.
>>
>>80257381
Honestly this, tbhfamalam

who downloads standard definition anything in 2017?
>>
>>80253150
I think Rob is the only one the show could be able to continue on without.
>>
>>80261268
Danny Devito has basically just been 'present' for most episodes, they could probably get away without him.
>>
File: hang.webm (425KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
hang.webm
425KB, 848x480px
>>80261513
Danny Devito used to be so good on the show, I think he peaked with season 5, and it's been downhill since then. It's clear he's gotten too old for the role now, the energy just isn't there anymore.
>>
>>80261923
>tfw early Frank & Mac scenes used to be GOAT
>>
>>80253266
Why did s much important shit actually happen this season. The one season I didn't actually get around to watching and actually PLOT happens, what the FUCK
>>
>>80253266
>Or for the show to die with dignity
Too late for that already.
>>
>>80250203
Found the bro. He must be unhappy with the direction their new female writers have forced the show to take. And Mac is just fucking taking it.
>>
>leaving for a comedy on NBC that won't last one season
JUST
>>
File: Erosion.png (161KB, 583x733px) Image search: [Google]
Erosion.png
161KB, 583x733px
>H-he'll be back, right guys?
>He wouldn't do this to us, would he?
>>
File: 1488432720752.jpg (20KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1488432720752.jpg
20KB, 480x451px
>Sunny still has two more seasons with FX, although it’s now extremely unclear how those might play out.

Way to fuck over your friends of 12 years.

Seriously what an asshole. And for a pilot show with Patton Oswalt nonetheless.

Fuck this guy.
>>
>>80253533
Oh my God I just burst out laughing so bad. Thanks for making my night!
>>
>>80253579
Ew you read reddit? Fucking go back autist.
>>
>>80253150
>Then again, I'm actually a true Sunny fan so idk
Are you 8?
>>
>>80262932
>Oh my God I just burst out laughing so bad. Thanks for making my night!
>>
So what he did was... Separate entirely?

He just DENNIS'd the lot of us.
>>
File: 1477008860296.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1477008860296.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>80252067
>he cares about """""awards"""""
>>
The backwards audio after the credits is Glenn alone saying "Goodbye everyone. It's been brown".
>>
>>80263388
>91 people unironically gave that comment a thumbs up

Anyone who has a reddit account should kill themselves
>>
>>80264563
epic just epic
>>
>>80250203
This show has been garbage for at least 8 seasons.
>>
>>80254619
He finally admitted it so he could get a scratch ticket. One of the stipulations was he couldn't go back on it as soon as he got it.
>>
>>80250203
Great now we're going to have zombie Always Sunny seasons with no Dennis just so Glenn can make a shitty NBC sitcom with fucking PATTTON OSWALT.

100% Guarantee it will be the most cucked shit ever put on television.

PATTON
FUCKING
OSWALT

Why couldn't he have just died instead of his wife?
Seriously, fuck that fat cuck piece of shit.
>>
>>80253342
this is what happens when you hire women to write episodes for no reason other than they are women and you need to meet (((diversity quotas))
>>
>>80264963
Eh, he plays a lovable nerd well. It's not like he'll be writing it.
>>
>>80265031
That wasn't until this season though.
>>
>>80265031
>check which episodes were written by women
>they were my least favourite of the season
hiring women really was a mistake
>>
The later seasons of Sunny are always funnier on rewatches. I'll give them some time to simmer before I watch again and judge.
>>
>>80265129
Just let them make their Broad City/Amy Schumer garbage. This is why almost all entertainment has become complete shit nowadays. People aren't being hired for their talent or merit, but rather their sex/skin color. Because GOD FORBID a white male retain creative control over something they created and made
>>
>>80264963
>grew up loving Patton Oswalt
>one of my top 5 favorite stand up comedians
>tfw watching him slowly devolve into the monster he's become

I just keep telling myself that current Patton won't spoil his old material for me but his current stuff is pathetically terrible
>>
>>80251670
>sitcom
>14 seasons
what the fuck?
>>
>>80264963
Relax, it'd be worth getting upset over if this happened 7 years ago but Sunny has been shit a long time now.

This of course doesn't help, but if anything it should give fans that final push to let go of the show.
>>
Just end it, this was the first season where the decline in quality was clear throughout, even season 11 had some really good episodes
>>
>>80266605
PTSDee was great and the waterpark one and hero or Hate Crime were pretty good.
As a whole the season was pretty weak though and if Glenn leaves the show is most definitely kill.
>>
>>80267154
>PTSDee
>great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZFci9eaNE
>>
>>80253188
i came here thinking they should cancel it without denis but im ashamed i hadnt thought about cricket. it could still be ok if they did that.
>>
File: 1457763517304.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1457763517304.gif
919KB, 170x196px
>>80257405
>dies during filming of Being Frank 2 months before the episode airs and nobody talks about it/Rob keeps it hush hush
>played like it's just part of the show
>episode ends with a 5 second "In honor of Danny DeVito" followed by theme music
>>
>>80253149
>Old Lady House becomes a real show
>>
>>80253652
The Gang Goes To Hell > Dennis's Double Life > Ass Kickers United > Gang Squashes Their Beefs
>>
>>80254004
It's been well established that she's a sub-par individual herself.

>>80261923
Nah, he's been the funniest one in the past three shitty seasons. It's the other guys phoning it in. Rob was never a good actor to start with. He's just the ideas guy.
>>
this show's been exhausted the past 5-6 seasons. Just put it down already.
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>80250203
well this is a waste of goddamn paint
>>
>>80253579
Simply writing "that is not funny" or "what a stupid comment" you simply had to say reddit.
>>
Might as well end it. It already is taking a nose dive by introducing tons of niggers.
>>
>yeah i'm coming back, definitely. this cliffhanger is just a ploy to make people stick with the show to find out what happens. oh wait i just spoiled it haha
>>
>>80271080
lel
>>
>>80253471
You are correct.

Glenn is done. He is not coming back, but he just softened it a bit for his fans with a "never say never" kind of thing.

Rob may want to continue, but I think the show will tank.

Just because it was renewed doesn't mean it HAS to come back. Networks don't like to lock things in . The renewal is an option, not an unbreakable contract, most likely.

An extended hiatus is a bad sign for ANY show. It won't be back.
>>
File: young-pope-cig.jpg (236KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
young-pope-cig.jpg
236KB, 670x377px
>>80272546
>An extended hiatus is a bad sign for ANY show. It won't be back.
W-what about the Young Pope ;_;
>>
it's about time desu. The latest season was objectively garbage and they're clearly all tired of the show.
Still one of the greatest/funniest sitcoms of all time, let it go now before it starts getting really pathetic
>>
>>80253055
>>80258956
So IASIP and Fargo are the same universe?

I can dig it
>>
>>80255179
What would /tv/ like to see in a 80 minutes finale movie?

Besides Cricket getting a limb chopped off, because that's a given
>>
File: 1488484115999.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488484115999.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>tfw no implications
>>
>>80251698
well, only thing i know is he's gonna go real weird with it
>>
File: 1487103196655.jpg (218KB, 634x629px) Image search: [Google]
1487103196655.jpg
218KB, 634x629px
>>80272546
Glenn should have left years ago. I wonder how it feels to be passed over for Star Lord AND Jurassic World. Brutal. Glenn's a great actor and I hope he absolutely kills it outside of Sunny. The show has been shit for 5 years now, yet it gets more acclaim and watchers than ever. Kill me.
>>
>>80274371
>Breaking Bad
>Game of Thrones
>now Sunny

Why do good shows only become popular once they turn to shit?
>>
>>80274530
Agree with Every. Single. One.

Not the biggest fan of Rick & Morty, but the first season was really goood, the second was dogshit.
>>
>>80250203
>Implying any iteration of Sunny would be good without Charlie

kill yourself my man
>>
>>80250203
Guess that explains the last episode

$100 this is just a marketing stunt
>>
>>80265034
>Eh, he plays a lovable nerd well.
Spence is awful
>>
It was my favourite show. I still have 8 seasons on HDD but damn it fell from grace. And we still have at least 2 new seasons. It's just sad now.
>>
Charlie is objectively the greatest asset of the show, every single one of their stand-out ratings is a charlie-centric episode.
>>
>>80274371
I get so fucking sick of seeing new fans of the show claim that "It keeps getting better" circlejerking over how its the most consistent sitcom in history.

No it fucking isn't, it's been on a steady decline since season 5 and for quite a few years now it's turned into a complete shell of its former self.
>>
>>80275790
I see this everywhere with sunny fans.

>Wow, I think this is the best season yet
>That's in my top 3 episodes
>It just keeps getting better and better

infuriating
>>
>>80257502
that's nice, love the Dee pose you chose
>>
why didn't dee try to bang charlie
>>
>>80276854
Because she's a bird.
>>
Did a new Season air yet?
>>
What if the twist is that the kid is not Dennis but a McPoyle? Revenge payback scheme for Liam's eye.
Then quick flash back to McPoyle vow to taint the blood of others and allow the McPoyles to take over the world!
>>
>>80258956
B
R
A
VINCE
O
>>
i love iasip but i wish this was the last season. waterpark was good but its like they have ran out of good ideas and it's just shitty callbacks all the time now.
>>
>>80279650
Waterpark was mediocre. And the rest was absolute shit
>>
>>80272546
They can't leave us without a proper series finale
>>
>>80262932
DUDE DEAD BABY LMAO
>>
>>80279650

>The gang goes to the dump, digs up it's trash and in the process Charlieness ensues before they recycle it.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (36KB, 297x58px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
36KB, 297x58px
>>80280846
Anon watch the last season. They don't care anymore. The show was their life during first 5 seasons. They were still good friends making something together. Now it's an old hated work.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.