[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arrival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

How can one possibly argue that it's morally excusable, that it's not disgustingly selfish and depraved, to bring a child into this world knowing beyond a doubt that you're dooming this child to a very short life of unspeakable suffering?

Are women actually this fucked up?
>>
>>80231531
everyone's going to die anyway + you'd be killing the girl by preventing her from ever having existed
>>
>>80232165
You can't kill someone who never existed, moron. You killing people every time you jack off?
>>
>you are now aware you were brought into existence against your will because your parent's couldn't put on a condom or take a pill. or even worse, they wanted it to happen. to bring some other conscious being into this meat nightmare and make them go through the same struggles and short existence
>>
They don't have free will, dummy. The whole of time is fixed and exists simultaneously like a flat circle.
>>
>>80231531
>its an autist still can't comprehend determinism episode
Boring.
>>
>have kid even though you know it will die
>despite knowing it'll ruin your marriage, leaving you alone for the rest of your life

it was almost like she didn't actually think it through
>>
>>80232350
>>80231531

The movie obviously focused on the daughter's death but there were many years spent with her. She looked into the future and saw all that good stuff and how much she loved her daughter. The choice was to give that up and erase it from history or go through with it and enjoy the good times and realize that life ends. It would be almost insulting to give up that kind of love because you're scared of the outcome.
>>
>>80232505
I think there were plenty of times when that kid was lying in bed, suffering horrifically, that she wished she'd never been born and wondered why her mother had done such a cruel thing to her. Ultimately the mother did it for her own satisfaction, just so she could experience love, not giving a fuck about anyone or anything else.

>>80232346
>its an autist still can't comprehend antinatalism episode
>>
>>80231531
>to bring a child into this world knowing beyond a doubt that you're dooming this child to a very short life of unspeakable suffering?
She really has no choice in the matter, it already had happened when she decided. She exists outside of linear time and lives her whole life simultaneously.
>>
>>80231531
because she also gave her daughter a very happy and loving existence for the short time she was alive

you can't handle this fact because you've wasted your life being a miserable fuck so you can't imagine why anyone would choose ~18 years of life with suffering at the end over complete nonexistence
>>
>>80232505
>It would be almost insulting to give up that kind of love because you're scared of the outcome.
That's entirely selfish. The only insult is that people like you truly believe in this.

If they want children so bad, fucking adopt. There's literally millions of children without a loving home, and both she and her husband make enough to provide comfortable life for a handful of foster kids.
>>
>>80232654
Actually I think my life is pretty cool.

It's just that I'm a doctor in training and I've seen how ugly and horrible a death like this can be. She didn't just suffer for the split second we saw onscreen. She likely suffered for years.
>>
>>80232239
it's established that time isn't linear and that the future has already "happened", so by altering events you would be killing her
>>
You people are fucking idiots.
Except for >>80232294, >>80232346 and >>80232589
>>
>>80232776
well then, it's a pointless thread. nothing to discuss if the events that took place cannot be changed.
>>
>>80232831
Exactly.
>>
>>80232688

It's pretty easy to tell who's young and just doesn't fucking get it. When you get older, you will.
>>
>>80232269
this at least somewhat justifies my kissless pathetic existence
>>
>>80232887
Ok, if I don't get it, explain it to me faggot.
>>
>>80232269
life is a gift. if you make something out of it, the experience was worth the struggles. if you're brought into this world to only feel pain, hopelessness, it was a bad decision.

>multiple kids born to a single mother
>no money
>the struggle from day 1 to age 18 is real
>if you don't earn a degree, start rapping, learn a trade, play ball, or do something that will get you going in life, doomed to spend the next 40-50 years suffering even more
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.