[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equilibrium aka The Original Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: equilibrium-poster.jpg (125KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium-poster.jpg
125KB, 1000x1500px
Were there ANY flaws?
>>
You can relax, there weren't any.
>>
Black guy immediately losing made no sense

When they were sparring a couple of scenes earlier they were obviously a close match

Suddenly nigger is hopeless
>>
>>80227141
>every actor besides Bale is atrocious
>abysmal production design, looks like a early 90s B movie (and 20 million dollars for a budget is not small)
>the "no emotion" gimmick is constantly broken by multiple characters and no one responds (the evil guy raging constantly, the black guy smiling and mocking)
>"not the dog!" cliche
>parody like sound design, csgo type sounds
>generic stock soundtrack
>obnoxious camera operating with fast zooms and cuts

Wanted to be 12 different things at once and failed completely. Only redeeming factor is Christian Bale
>>
File: playstation2.jpg (24KB, 650x280px) Image search: [Google]
playstation2.jpg
24KB, 650x280px
it looked like trash
>>
Equilibrium is unironically my favorite kino

My only complaint is the choreography. Don't get me wrong, the gun kata looked amazing but not exactly like what you see being practiced. It was more standing in one place and aimbot everyone compared to tai chi with guns.

Loved the final gun deflecting fight though
>>
>>80227428
Black guy being emotional was the point though, they were like two sides of the coin, he was the negative aspects of feeling, loathing, mockery, cruelty, etc.
>>
>>80227347
The budget ran out.
>>
>>80227428
>90s B movie
That's exactly why I liked it anon. I would add to your list, though, having that ugly woman play the chick he kind of falls for halfway through.

>>80227813
No, emotions were supposed to be completely suppressed. It was only established that the HNIC was off his meds. If anything, Black Guy was indignant toward people's emotions.
>>
I remember liking this when it came out but I watched a bit recently and it's fucking laughable

>that first scene of Bale literally standing in one spot throwing shapes with his arms and shooting about 50 people

it's like something from one of the [X] Movie spoofs
>>
>>80227141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBM8nnkyYM
>>
Was there any pairs of things in this movie?
>>
>>80227141
I got to meet Sean Pertwee a few years ago at a con. He was pretty quiet and I asked him a couple questions about Event Horizon. Dude seemed pretty chill so I asked him about Equilibrium and what it was like playing Father
He said that he did the whole thing in less than a day and it was literally just him in a small box room reading lines
>>
>>80227347
Without the pills the MC had his emotion/instincts to help fight perhaps? Gave him more of an edge
>>
>>80227347
They were matched because the main character was distracted by inner turmoil. Later, he wasn't.
>>
>>80228040
Only in this thread
>>
>>80227141
you can tell the equilibrium crew thought they were going to make the next Matrix. the movie was a massive joke, the gunkana shit was for fagmeister animelords, and every 6th word in the movie is "Cleric".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.