[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better than Django?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Better than Django?
>>
>>80224290

Better use of Walton Goggins, so yeah

also JJL was supercute
>>
fuck no this movie was laughably bad.
>>
>>80224290
yes.

it was my favourite recent tarantino movie, but thats probably because The Thing is one of my favourite movies of all time.

still not as good as Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown though
>>
Better than his recent outings.
>>
>>80224334
kill yourself. Jackie Brown is the worst movie he ever did.

Goat opening sequence though.
>>
>>80224493
>Jackie Brown
>worse than Basterds or Django

What!?
>>
>>80224290
I have genuinely enjoyed every QT flick, with Django being meh but still fun, but H8 was just straight up bad. Boring, overly long, weak script. He's losing it.
>>
>>80224290
No I didn't think so anyway. But it's just a very different movie so it's hard to compare.

Django would've been a better film to shoot in 70mm though

>>80224493
>QT's worst
>Not being Death Proof

Very rarely are there movies you can start watching halfway through and miss nothing of relevance then leave the room returning for the last 10 minutes and not miss anything of interest.
>>
>>80224290
by all accounts yes
>>
Hateful Eight is total shit. Django better in every way. Neither is good.
>>
>>80224290
Pretty close but I'd say no.

>A nigguh!?! with a letter from Abraham Lincon!?
>>
It's his best movie and Django was trash, so yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 700x394px
Why is it not on Netflix by now?
>>
>>80228378
Do you think people who post this are baiting for (you)'s? Take mine
>>
>>80228712
It's true. How is it not?
>>
>>80228712
Django turns to complete shit after the handshake is refused.
>>
>referring to Tarantino's abortion as "Django"
Stop being faggots
>>
>>80229217
>a bunch of people get shot and django escapes the niggacaves to shoot the rest and blow up the remains, all super awkwardly paced
Yeah fuck that noise, that whole part should've been rewritten
>>
>>80229376
Don't forget horse tricks!
>>
>>80224583
>boring, overly long

This. Couldn't get past the first hour and 15 minutes.
>>
It depends. Certainly for most people as it takes a turn from the complex and intellectual work of Tarantino into a more standard adventure alley.

It can be appreciated by both die hard fans and casuals, even though the length may be a downside to the latter.

I personally prefer Django because of how much it makes the audience think instead of just spoonfeeding the plot. But that's just me.
>>
>>80229520
>muh adhd
>muh brain damage
Okay.
>>
>>80229539
It was boring. End of story.
>>
>>80229553
>muh adhd
>muh brain damage
Okay.
>>
>>80229217
Yeah, I wish there was a special edition that's actually shorter than the original length
>>
>>80224290
Am I the only one who sees Darth Vaders lightsaber on this poster?

Every fuckin time
>>
I think Django is a better movie but H8 isn't bad. Django is just way more entertaining mainly because Tarantino's whole "DUDE VIOLENCE LMAO" thing at the end of the movie jumped the shark with H8
>>
>>80224290
Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, and The Hateful Eight all kind of blur together for me. I like all of them and it's kind of hard to pick one over the other.
>>
File: dominicdecoco.jpg (33KB, 470x503px) Image search: [Google]
dominicdecoco.jpg
33KB, 470x503px
Too much Waltz, man.
He was awesome in Basterds, but that doesn't mean he should be in every Tarantino movie.
>>
>>80224290

It's easily one of his best

It's literally a theatre setpiece with a camera, the dialogue carries
>>
>>80224290
Yes.
>>
>>80224290
I still havent seen it. I think this movie wasTarantino's wet dream and no one else should have ever watched that shit.
>>
>>80224290
Nah, The Hateful Eight falls apart in the last hour. Channing Tatum's character could have killed everyone much earlier in the movie.
>>
That movie is pure shit.
Better than Django? Hell no
>>
>>80224290
Django isn't exactly great but I think it benefits greatly from a rewatch. It at least turns into mindless fun whereas The Hateful Eight is an unnecessarily long, boring slog. You could tell he was trying so hard to build tension in that cabin and it just never got there.

Either way, I think it's pretty clear by now that Sally Menke was Tarantino's ace in the hole and he's complete shit without her.
>>
>>80229553
You have the attention span of a girl. End of story.
>>
This is miles better than Django.
>>
>>80229325
There are around 30 movies called Django, all without any connection to the original.
>>
Never watched it, but it's worse than jango
>>
>>80224493

QT worst movie is Death Proof
>>
>>80224334
>thats probably because The Thing is one of my favourite movies of all time.

same desu

the soundtrack elevated hateful eight very much
>>
>>80233140
I think it's one of his better movies honestly
>>
>>80234649
Why?
>>
File: 1423610584285.png (607KB, 739x728px) Image search: [Google]
1423610584285.png
607KB, 739x728px
>>80224493
How much of a pleb can one person possibly be?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.