[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I might be too dumb for this cartoon. Someone explain the ending.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Batman-The_Killing_Joke_(film).jpg (45KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-The_Killing_Joke_(film).jpg
45KB, 250x375px
I might be too dumb for this cartoon. Someone explain the ending.
>>
>>80222811

Batman kills the Joker lol not really faggot
>>
>>80222811
the ending was that there is no ending.
>>
>>80222811
You are not dumb its just shit.
>>
>>80222843
but he does though
>>
>>80222811
>hey Batman ur just like me
>no I'm not
>yeah just start laffing
>no
>joker i can fix you
>no u can't
>ur right i can't
Then Batman starts laffing. And doesnt stop. And kills the joker
>>
>>80222811

Intentionally ambiguous you can either think he kills the Joker or he gives the Joker what he wants to try and stop the continual escalation Joker does.
>>
File: TKJ-finalpanels.jpg (235KB, 598x312px) Image search: [Google]
TKJ-finalpanels.jpg
235KB, 598x312px
>>80222811
its open ending and it have many theories

comics name is
>The Killing Joke
joker tell the joke batman kill him

but also batman have no killing rule and this was not meant to be the final batman joker confrontation also in the original script Alan Moore never mention that batman in any way try to harm or kill the joker
>"they are now bout helpless with laughter and have collapsed forward onto each other, both ragged and bloody, each holding up the other up as they stand there clinging together in the rain"

Also the comics start with the same panel of the rain as the end one so basically nothing have changed
>>
>>80223249
also DC wont even approve to release the comics where Alan Moore kills one of the most iconic villains
>>
>>80222811
Joker necks hisself
>>
>>80223249
You're struggling to type in full sentences, the ending isn't open at all; the joker is locked up at the end just like Jim requested. The story was made canon and Barbara was crippled after that.
>>
>>80223249

You type like a slav.
>>
>>80223360
so its likely that Alan Moore wanted to kill the joker but DC shit on him so he had to make it ambiguous.
>>
>>80223426
Its kinda open. And some people think he killed him WRONG

It pretty clearly shows Batman grasping the Joker's shoulder. Batman is leaning forward laughing with the Joker at a joke, and holding himself up with a hand on the Joker's shoulder. It's a pose implying these two arch enemies are sharing this single moment of clarity together, admitting the absurdity of their relationship and the fact that they're both crazy in different ways. The two men in the joke represent Batman and the Joker, and the punchline is that neither can trust the other in any attempt to find a mutual understanding to end their status as trapped together in an endless insane battle.
>>
File: batman-joke.png (2MB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
batman-joke.png
2MB, 1334x1000px
>>80222811
Here you go faggots from Alan Moore
>my intentions at the end of that book to have the two characters simply experiencing a brief moment of lucidity
>in they ongoing very weird and probably fatal relationship with each other, reaching a moment where they bout perceive the hell that they are in and can only laugh at their preposterous situation.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.