[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

totally jumped the shark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 34

File: charlie and the waitress.jpg (135KB, 1273x709px) Image search: [Google]
charlie and the waitress.jpg
135KB, 1273x709px
totally jumped the shark
>>
>>80222302
Thought that was dee haha
>>
>>80222302
Did they fug

Also she's not aging well
>>
>>80222451
She was never pretty to begin with.
>>
File: season 1.png (160KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
season 1.png
160KB, 512x384px
Eh she looked better when she had red hair in the earlier seasons.
>>
>>80222548
Literally a 3/10 maybe a 4/10 depending on her personality or whatever
>>
>>80222548
>she looked better when she was in her mid 20's and not some pushing 40 year old hag

you don't say? Wow, it was almost like she used to be in her prime or something haha
>>
>>80222617
eh I thought she was kind of cute in earlier seasons
wouldnt mind a roll in the hay
>>
>>80222302
Why did this happen?
>>
>>80222834
Money
>>
>>80222548

I prefer when she had longer hair and had just gone blonde. Her new haircut is gross
>>
>ywn
>>
>>80222302
She looks like she enjoyed it and Charlie was dissapointed and filled with shame.
>>
>>80222451
>Lying in bed naked
>Did they fug
>>
>>80222302
The episode was pretty gud desu. Best of the season, although that's not saying much.
>>
>>80223934
ptsdee was the most sunny-like episode this season
and also the best
>>
>>80222302
It was like 5 minutes of an episode, they could have easily made 2 episodes off the title of "Charlie bangs the waitress", that would be jumping the shark
>>
File: 0.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
So happy I dropped this show. Haven't watched a second on the new season and it looks like Im better off already
>>
>>80223988
I dunno, the first scene of this episode made me laugh the way I used to laugh back in seasons 1-4.
>>
>>80224041
the part where they all piled into dee's apartment and telling her to make breakfast was pretty funny
>>
>>80224085
Yeah there are a few moments in this episode that reminds me of the good old days. Even the ending was pretty decent.
>>
>>80224085
>dee picks up the kid and says she's gonna smash it

I was amused.
>>
>>80224143
>if you're going to smash anything, smash an egg into a pan for frank
lost it tbqh
>>
>>80224173
>franks decent proposal
>>
>>80224220
>if the broad comes order me an egg
>>
>>80224041
>omitting season 5

S5 might be the goat tho
>>
>>80222617
Faggot
>>
>>80222302
I just realized she's a huge SJW feminazi. It's literally in their face and genes.
>>
>>80222548
>>80222738
>>80226174
She was never particularly striking in her 20s, not ugly but nothing special. Kinda depressing how old she started look just a few years into the show though...she's technically not even in her late 30s yet
>>
Man this show lost everything it had going on.

I'm glad Dennis is leaving and that they are no sure if there's gonna be another season.
>>
>>80226394

>implying Denis is kill

No
>>
>>80226437
The actor wants to leave
DeVito probably wants too, he seems bored with the show now
>>
>>80226470
year and a half break which will be long enough for a flick or two and the writers can come up with some decent material, he'll be back by the end of the first episode of the next season
>>
>there are people still watching this show
I don't get it. The last season was absolute trash, why would you be watching THIS season?

I loved the show, which is why I stuck with it up until then, but this is just too far. They're out of ideas, and the cheap writers they've brought in are just awful.
>>
>>80223988
nah, it just felt like an imitation of Sunny

still enjoyed the episode but it didn't feel genuine
>>
Does anyone else feel like the waitress sleeping with Charlie is a bomb that should never be dropped?
>>
>>80226516
Hence, OP's post.
>>
>>80226516
Pretty much
>>
It jumped the shark a while ago

IASIP is the type of show that starts small and continually, sustainable grows It's fanbase.

That type of show is extraordinarily successful when It gets to later seasons and vast majority of the fans will say that the latest season was the best and that "it keeps getting better". I'm not entirely sure why this happens, maybe It's because Its fanbase is so loyal after watching for years that they can't recognise that It's been declining in quality for years and their love of the show was actually built on the earlier show and they love it so much yet they don't actually know what it is they loved about it so they take any new material as being great.
>>
>>80226512
>>80226556
This season had some great episodes
>>
>>80226568
I agree, as easy as It is to say that just because It's not It's good that It's trash (like lots of people on /tv/ do), there were some still good episodes this season

But I can't help but feel like I have to bash the show whenever I see people talking about it online because everyone just rips their dicks off about how amazing it is and that just isn't what I'm seeing

Really a matter of equal and opposite reactions.

>Show is like a 6-7
>Popular opinion is that It's a 9-10
>Therefore, I must argue that It's a 2-3 to balance it out
>>
>>80225824
season 5 and 6 are both peak seasons of the show
>>
>>80226628
what a fucking ridiculous way of thinking
>>
>>80226512
yeah i think its time to stahp

>>80226516
if it was the real ending for the show its... fine
>>
>>80226818
Everyone thinks this way, you think this way, you're just not aware of it

You think most people really hate things as much as they claim to?Unwarranted praise creates unwarranted hate.

Eventually, though, you will end up hating and despising it as you spend large amounts of time crawling over it looking for flaws until all you see is flaws
>>
I think it's impressive they've managed to make a show like this work for 12 years, considering they were all like 27-30 in the beginning.
>>
>>80227021
>make a show like this work for 12 years
it hasn't. at least half of the episodes in the last 5 years have been below bar, and thats being optimistic.
>>
>>80224030
the water park episode is really good (episode 2 i think)
>>
File: hipster-barista-template (1).jpg (27KB, 305x457px) Image search: [Google]
hipster-barista-template (1).jpg
27KB, 305x457px
>>80226556
>I liked Sunny before it was popular!
>>
>>80224015
charlie has no reason to be in episodes now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZGKI8vpcg

Fonzie is a legend.
>>
>>80222302
D R O P P E D
>>
Breakdown of GOAT eps per season:

S1
>Underage Drinking: A National Concern, The Gang Finds a Dead Guy
S2
>Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare, Mac Bangs Denni's mom, Dennis and Dee Get a New Dad
S3
>The Gang Sells Out, Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person, Mac is a Serial Killer, The Gang Dances Their Asses Off (best finale)
S4
>America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest, Mac's Banging the Waitress, Mac and Charlie Die (1 & 2), Who Pooped the Bed?, Dennis Reynolads: An Erotic Life, Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack, The Nightman Cometh
S5
>The Great Recession, The Waitress is Getting Married, Mac and Dennis Break Up, The DENNIS System
S6
>The Gang Buys a Boat, Who Got Dee Pregnant, The Gang Gets Stranded in the Woods
S7
>Frank's Pretty Woman, The Gang Gets Trapped
S8
>The Gang Recycles Their Trash, The Gang Gets Analyzed, Frank's Back in Business, The Gang Dines Out, RvR: The Cereal Defense
S9
Mac Day, The Gang Saves the Day, The Gang Gets Quarantined
S10
>The Gang Group Dates, Charlie Work, The Gang Misses the Boat
S11
>Mac and Dennis Move to the Suburbs, Charlie Catches a Leprechaun, The Gang Goes to Hell (1 & 2)
S12
>Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy, Hero or Hate Crime, Dennis's Double Life
>>
>>80222302
NO, I actually like it when a show denies fans it own tropes.
>>
>>80226556
I honestly think it happens because people aren't very attached to it. But maybe that's just my cynical brain at work. But I sure know how I function.

The more I love something and the more attached I grow to it, the more I notice the flaws. I have more reasons to complain because I feel like I know the show to heart. Whereas if I'm a casual fan of something, I'm not really all that invested so it's easier to overlook drops in quality, because I'm just there for entertainment, my understanding of the show and its workings aren't as nuanced as for something I'm really really invested in.

But I also don't know if that is the majority. But I've found that I'm more critical towards things I love.
>>
>>80227592
Every episode from season 3 is GOAT.

Way too many season 8 episodes on there

Mac Day and The Gang Saves The Day are legitimately two of the worst episodes in the shows history prior to the shitshow that was season 12.
>>
fuck i gotta keep up with this show
>>
>>80227819
I like Mac Day.. :(
>>
>>80227819
>What is "an opinion"

I've been watching since S2 aired. I find it amazing how much everyone's mileage ranges on individual episodes. I think seasons 2-5 were the best and after that we've only gotten a handful of actually great episodes per season. I'll still gladly watch every ep but the handful of really really shitty ones (Lethal Weapon 6, Frank's Brother).
>>
File: 1470965557489.jpg (23KB, 458x554px) Image search: [Google]
1470965557489.jpg
23KB, 458x554px
>>80222302
>Show intentionally hires female writers purely for diversity
>Suddenly every average person who watches the show dislikes it without knowing why
We did it ladies
>>
>tfw you discover a show like IASIP and fall in love with it and there are already 9 seasons made and ready to watch
Best marathon ever.
>>
She's cute as fuck. kys if you think otherwise you 0/10 elbows too pointy faggots
>>
>>80222548
Even here she was a 4-5/10 tops. I never got why they talked her up like she was a sleeper bom bombshell
>>
>>80227592
>no Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties
opinion discarded
>>
File: LR3g0ni.jpg (27KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
LR3g0ni.jpg
27KB, 500x331px
>>80227592
Breakdown of the GOATS.

>Season 1
Charlie Wants an Abortion, Charlie Has Cancer, Charlie Got Molested

>Season 2
Charlie Gets Crippled, The Gang Goes Jihad, Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare, Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom, The Gang Runs for Office

>Season 3
The Gang Finds A Dumpster Baby, The Gang Gets Invincible, Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead, The Gang Gets Held Hostage, The Aluminum Monster Vs. Fatty McGoo, The Gang Solves The North Korea Situation, The Gang Sells Out, Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire, Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person, Mac is a Serial Killer, Dennis Looks Like a Registered Sex Offender, The Gang Gets Whacked 1&2, Bums Making a Mess All Over The City, The Gang Dances Their Asses Off

>Season 4
Mac & Dennis Manhunters, The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis, Mac's Banging The Waitress, Mac and Charlie Die 1&2, Dennis Reynolds An Erotic Life, Nightman Cometh

>Season 5
The Gang Hits The Road, The Great Recession, The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention, The World Series Defense, Paddy's Pub Home of the Original Kitten Mittens, Mac and Dennis Break Up, The DENNIS System, A Very Sunny Christmas

>Season 6
The Gang Buys a Boat, Who Got Dee Pregnant, Charlie Kelly King of the Rats

>Season 7
The Gang Gets Trapped, The High School Reunion 1&2

>Season 8
The Gang Dines Out

>Season 9
-

>Season 10
The Gang Misses The Boat

>Season 11
-

>Season 12
-
>>
I know Glenn is supposed to be leaving the show but do you think Dennis will appear in the next seasons just not as a main character?
>>
>>80228084
The actress is Charlie Day's wife IRL.
>>
>>80228107
>not liking Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs or Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I watched Sunny a few times with my friends and I hated it, the humour was just lacking to me, watched a few episodes by myself and still didn't really find it funny, but they always act like it's the second coming or something.
>>
>>80228127
They'll just wait for him before they make Season 13.
>>
>>80228166
I like Mac and Dennis Move To the Suburbs, it's a solid 7.. It sure as fucking hell isn't one of the goats.
>>
>>80227592
>all those series 4 episodes
no
>>
>>80226394
>they are no sure if there's gonna be another season.
It's got at least two more
>>
I never knew sunny fans were so split on their opinions of what constitutes a goat sunny ep.
>>
>>80222302
No man, this show hasn't jumped the shark at all. It's THE most consistently funny show on tv. It has a consistency of quality that no comedy has ever had. Every episode is at worst, very funny, and usually epic funny. This last season has been one of the strongest (I prefer the crazier antics outside of the bar than more realistic stories within it).

However, I think Mac's story sort of paints himself into a corner when he's an out of the closet gay rather than being so in the closet that even he doesn't know and he's a self-loathing catholic.

The other stories have sort of wrapped up their arc this season too. Wouldn't surprise me if this somehow winds up being the last episode. They said they are going on "extended hiatus" and Dennis may be leaving the show. I also think their contract allows them to quit whenever they see fit, even though they've signed on 4 two more seasons, all arcs except Dee and Frank seem like they've been resolved.

I liked seeing Charlie get his crush and realize he doesn't like her. That's the best possible ending for an unrequited love situation. However, I don't really like what they've done with Dennis and Mac, though the show is still pretty funny.
>>
>>80222548
>>80226311
The waitress, like most women, doesn't look good with short hair. Women with very angular facial features always look bad with short hair, it makes them look mannish. It takes a woman with a very soft, womanly, face to pull of short hair and most can't do it.

That and some women age better than others and both Dee and the Waitress seem to be in the "fast aging" camp. They both look about a decade older than they really are.
>>
People didn't like season 11?
I know season 10 was weak, but the suburbs and court episodes were excellent and among the best.
>>
>>80222548
>>80222302
It's ridiculous how much better Charlie looks than her.
>>
>>80228581
Charlie really has aged the best out of the gang.
>>
Link?
>>
>>80228340

yeah, head over to r/iasip for sure my man
>>
>>80228084
Only Charlie does, everyone else banged her and then ignored her.
>>
>>80228581
if he wasnt a manlet he could probably do better
>>
>>80222617
Do you start with 50 percent of women at 0/10 and go from there?
>>
>>80224030
New season was great
>>
>>80229060
Not it wasn't.
>>
Jesus Christ, every episode on this season plays out like a fanfiction script. What's going on?
>>
>>80229172
>whats going on?
Theyve lost it. The previous season had many more writers with the usual trio being only 2 writing one episode.
Now they;ve written many episodes and theyre mostly shit.
>>
>>80229172
Shut up, pregnancy episodes are a best. And to put double life on top of it is pure kino.

Anyone got any more episodes from other serirsbor movies where a guy has a double life and has a kid with another woman? Need some more fap fuel over here.
>>
>>80227819
mac day was good though. far better than season 12 and most of season 11.
>>
>>80228107
charlie catches a leprechaun is actually hilarious and I strongly recommend you go watch that episode right now
>>
File: dennis.jpg (55KB, 404x444px) Image search: [Google]
dennis.jpg
55KB, 404x444px
>Rob: "We're gonna do Sunny forever"

Good luck with that, Rob. I'm leaving with Glenn, fuck this show, it hasn't been good in 5 years, 5 fucking years. I fucking refuse to keep watching this with Glenn leaving, the fact that Rob is willing to continue doing this show forever, even when an integral cast member, writer, executive producer leaves, is just disgusting. The three of them are the core make-up of the show, they were the original 3 that started it, they had a long fucking run, know when to hang it up, Rob, you can't keep doing this forever.

This is not the same show I once loved.
>>
>>80229827
There have been plenty of great episodes over the past 5 years, don't be ridiculous.
>>
>>80229172
>every episode on this season plays out like a fanfiction script

Maybe theres something to do with the fact that they got literally tumblr fanfic writers to write the show

https://twitter.com/meganganz
>>
>>80230101
I can count on 1 hand the legitimately great ones we've had since season 8, and none of them are so good I wouldn't have just preferred it if they ended the show on a high note.
>>
>HAVING WOMEN AND MINORITES WRITE THIS SEASON DID'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!

But it did. It sucks now.
>>
>>80230801
This season was better than last season though. I enjoyed most of the episodes anyway. Waterpark episode and the one with the lawyers was pretty good.
>>
>totally jumped the shark
That's pretty impressive, considering there probably won't be another season.
>>
The Waitress goes back and forth between looking ugly and looking hot as fuck.
>>
>>80231048
Last season was the new writers starting out. It used to be written by the 3 of them and it hasn't been good since that.

>waterpark episode was good

The autistic have a weird love of water parks.

>A waterpark AND poopy jokes!? Best episode ever!!
>>
>>80231180
I'm not saying there wasn't a decline in quality, I'm just saying I enjoyed this season. Sorry if that triggered your sperg rage.
>>
>>80228380
They're both like 40, they don't look 50
>>
I'm so mad it has gotten to this point. I never wanted Sunny to turn into this. This show wasn't meant to go on this long, it should have ended before the production got big enough to afford HD cameras. It worked best with the cheaper aesthetic, nothing about Sunny says "This is going to become the longest running live action sitcom in American television history"

If you don't have the hindsight to end it before you run it into the ground, at least have the hindsight to end when a vital actor/writer/producer leaves. This show is not gonna work without Dennis. More so than any other show I can think of in existence, Sunny IS the group dynamic.

I'm glad it's going on a long hiatus, hopefully with enough time to ruminate over this I can finally let go of this fucking show. I loved the first 7 seasons so much that I stuck through all the way till now even though I've strongly disliked 9,10, 11 and 12. I'm almost gonna be disappointed in myself if I keep watching after this. It just isn't worth it.
>>
The worse part about this show is that they don't even try to be funny anymore. They just remind people of when they once was.

Like the dancing at the ending, wtf was that? Its not funny, just annoying.
>>
>>80229827
this 2bh
>>
File: cryingbitch.jpg (78KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
cryingbitch.jpg
78KB, 300x338px
>Post yfw you realized Dennis was leaving to do some shitty sitcom on NBC that will fail miserably.
>>
>>80222302
>totally jumped the shark
you guys have been trying to find something to complain about this whole season
you faggots just like to bitch
this season is good
fight me
>>
>>80231831
Name ONE great episode from this season
>>
>>80231859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t61VUYK0DWU

This was fucking great. Only thing from last season that came close was the suburbs episode.
>>
File: 1260118425301.jpg (9KB, 326x301px) Image search: [Google]
1260118425301.jpg
9KB, 326x301px
>>80231859
WHAT ARE THE RULES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80231602
They were doing throwbacks to all of their go to dance moves. Charlie hikes up his pants, Dee dances like a tube man, Frank goes for it, Mac does shitty karate.
>>
>>80231828
If this is true Dennis is fucking up. He should try to do some serious stuff, or a dark comedy

Also wtf did charlie really bang the waitress?
>>
>>80231924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZFci9eaNE
>>
>>80228084
Nobody talked her up but Charlie.
>>
>>80231948
I know, but it felt forced.
Sunny used to be original, thats what was so good about them.
>>
I'm kind of bothered that the episode ended without addressing the fact that Charlie nutted in the waitress.
What's going to happen? I'm assuming the Waitress' real life actor is probably getting pregnant, like Dee was. Does this mean that Charlie is going to be a dad on the show for at least another two seasons? Is he going to raise his kid with Dennis' kid and they start the gang jr or some shit? Dear fucking christ.
>>
>>80222451
>Also she's not aging well

True, but they intentionally made her look rough for this.
>>
>>80231831
you wouldn't happen to be this literal fan fiction tier writer who they accidentally hired to write for the show would you?
>>80230124
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 761x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 761x1024px
>>80228084
>not getting how crushes work
Pure autism
>>
File: 1682014954287.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1682014954287.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>80232033
>I have never seen Arrested Development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0
>>
>>80231789
I can already tell how depressing it's gonna get. Glenn won't return, Rob is gonna keep the show going for possibly 3-4 more years, Devito will probably bow out after season 14, for the finale - whenever that happens - they're both coming back.

Plot will be something like Frank having died and them having to get in contact with Dennis, but they have to actually travel there because of the new identity and having little idea of how to find him. They're gonna find out he's a completely changed man, but soon that facade is gonna come crackling down when the gang comes back, they bring him back to Philly and the bar only to find out Frank had faked his death all along for some scam he's running.

Dennis will get infuriated and go on another one of his le classic rants and as he's doing it, he's realizing how much he missed it, he'll accept that he belongs at the bar and decides to move back. Show will end with all of them seating themselves at the bar while having another drink, then they're somehow gonna find a way to work in a reference to the very first dialogue heard in the pilot.

Screen cap this
>>
File: 1457763517304.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1457763517304.gif
919KB, 170x196px
>>80232307
>mfw
>>
>>80232307
You're a nird. Dennis will not leave.

It's called having two jobs, retard.
>>
>>80232307
It's gonna end at season 14. They're only still going because they are all under contract to give FXX two more seasons. Realistically, I think that DeVito would have dropped out after last season or even earlier if it weren't for being under contract. I have a feeling he enjoys the work with the cast, but he doesn't like where the show is going.
>>
how did charlie end up being the most successful film actor?
>>
>>80232417
DeVito is an old man and he's taking it easy and of the rest of the characters, Charlie Day is easily the best actor and delivers comedy the best. The others are good, but Day stands out.
>>
>>80232414
Have you not paid attention at all to what Rob has been saying for the past.. 3 years? He legitimately plans to keep Sunny going forever, and no, I'm not exaggerating. He believes - and wants - sunny to live forever, just look at the tweets he made last night.

The ONLY way Sunny ends at season 14 is if FX decides to cancel them, because Rob's not gonna end it.
>>
>>80232307
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with Frank actually dying. Remember that being frank episode when he was in the hospital? I bet we'll finally find out Charlie really is his son right before it happens. Also I want to see Cricket lose a hand.
>>
I hate it when characters leave a show, it's always shittier after no matter what.

Now we gotta wait a year and a half to see if Dennis comes back
>>
Always sunny got it's greatness from the fact that it completely exposed the american dream for what it was, a bleak free for all where dreams get crushed and ambitions destroyed. All the business episodes, entrepreneurship, ventures and other selling/currency related stuff, the power plays and paying tribute/etiquette, all the law stuff, the institutions and politics is what made the show great.1

>--When has voting ever helped? Who am I supposed to vote for? The Democrat who is going to blast me in the ass? Or the Republican who's blasting my ass?
>--You see, politics is just one big ass blast
>--You're going to get your ass blasted
>--It's coast-to-coast, nationwide, ass blasting.

The more the show ages, the less of that stuff we get. They're playing it so fucking safe.
>>
>>80232553
He wants to keep it going but I have a feeling other cast members want out. FX can't renew the show if the cast walks out. The cast signs a contract with FX to do the show. They aren't Robs slaves.
>>
>>80228105

"Don't diddle kids, it's no good diddling kids", you know, something like that.
>>
>>80222548
>red hair
You're fucking blind, anon.
>>
>>80232699
It's a reflection of the society we live in now. It's less of a free for all today than it was back in '05. The Internet isn't the wild west, people are more privy to scams, the NSA watches everything all of us do, and we all communicate more online than in real life, person to person.
We don't get those American dream style episodes because we don't live in that world anymore. It's no longer controversial to say things like assblasting politics because we all know that it's one big assblast. It'd just be a sad reminder instead of a funny insight.
>>
>>80232699
>I say we strap on some gloves and do a little assblasting of our own.
>... Not gay sex.
>>
>>80232699
>>80232923
You guys act as though assblasting politics talk hasn't happened in other shows. Sunny has ALWAYS covered topics other shows have done as well as a lot of original shit too. From episode 1 it was always about a group of people being horrible, nothing more.
>>
>>80232477
Glenn is the best.
>>
>>80233123
>Glenn is the best.
Yep. Don't know how anyone could dispute this.
>>
>>80233123
He's a good actor, but his style of acting doesn't really lend well to most other comedies. He'd probably do well in a serious role, but Charlies acting extends well across other kinds of roles. He can be a kooky scientist, a teacher, a drunk apartment dweller, a dentists assistant etc. It just works.

Glenn can't be anything in a comedy but the arrogant maybe a rapist guy.
>>
>>80233061
I was just saying that always sunny seems a bit tame in later seasons.

Charlie banging the waitress is tonally off. He's not supposed to get it ever
>>
>>80222617
I hope you're rich because that is what most of us have to settle for if we're lucky
>>
>>80233239
i know how you would think this since he's played an arrogant rapist for the past decade, but he deserves more credit.
>>
>>80222302
Holy shit i just got done watching it. I actually didn't believe this was the final episode of the season with now average this whole season is. They're gonna go the south park route and try and make a connecting story. HUGE misstep.
>>
>>80233464
I mean even in the show he doesn't switch it up. All the other characters have switched up at least a little bit. I don't think he can. Plus he doesn't really show anything much different in the little other works he has. It's like the only thing he can play comedy wise.

He'd be better suited as a serious actor because it's not there with comedy unless he's doing the arrogant rapist routine.
>>
>>80233330
Why? Is there some unwritten rule they broke which stipulates Charlie can't bang the waitress? Charlie has demonstrated his value on numerous occasions, or are you not familiar with what step he's on the D.E.N.N.I.S. System?
>>
>>80227819
Mac Day was a good episode. Country Mac was a character I actually wouldn't mind having a reoccurring role.
>>
So what's the story here? Charlie banged her and feels disappointed after? Waitress going for Charlie with him being uninterested could be a good gag.
>>
File: trees.jpg (60KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
60KB, 500x564px
5>7>9>8>4>6>3>2>12>11>1>10

I know you contrarians will disagree with me, because you all circle jerk on the idea that IASIP has declined since the early seasons, when the mid seasons are some of the shows best. I've rewatched the early seasons enough for them to become somewhat stale I guess, so it does kinda influence my rankings.

Also, despite ranking 10 last it still has one of my favorite episodes, The Gang Spies like U.S. I also still love each and every season of IASIP. None of them are truly bad, it's more like ranking something from 10/10 being the highest to ~7/10 being the lowest. I still rewatch every single episode at least 3-4 times every year and continue to love it.

No other show can be watched over and over and over again without EVER getting old. I've practically memorized all the dialogue for every episode.

Top 10 episodes:

1) The Gang Hits the Road
2) The Gang Gets Trapped
3) The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis
4) The D.E.N.N.I.S System
5) The Gang Buys a Boat
6) The Gang Dines Out
7) The Gang Spies like U.S
8) Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare
9) Mac and Charlie Write a Movie
10) The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award

I really hope they come back and do another season, even if it's without Glenn. I NEED more IASIP, I'm not ready to let go yet...
>>
>>80233713
I thought other Mac died in that episode?
>>
>>80233735
Charlie basically used the logic that the Waitress had a choice, either sleep with Charlie and make a child, or die alone and old (because she was clearly headed down that path). She agrees with Charlie's logic, they sleep together and she wants to make a lot of changes to his life, like fixing up his shithole apartment, which obviously Charlie didn't realize was going to happen because he's stupid / gullible. Now he regrets having what he wanted for years.
>>
>>80233757
>3 that low
lmaoing @ you
>>
>>80233684
The unwritten rule of plot advancement for sitcoms. Changing the status quo in a serious way like that impacts the future of the show permanently. We can't just ignore the fact that Charlie fucked and possibly impregnated the waitress moving forward. This is a very serious change for one of the main characters.
People gave the same complaints when it was confirmed that Mac was gay instead of keeping him in the closet. It closes the book on some of the go to jokes, and nobody's sure if they will make gold with what they have to work with now. Change is scary.
>>
It's all going to end up having been a dream or something. That's how they got the grenade and Charlie fucked the waitress and Dennis had a family etc. It will probably have to do with the VR goggles from earlier in the season.
>>
>>80233824
Sounds realistic to me.
>>
File: IMG_0669.jpg (9KB, 185x104px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
9KB, 185x104px
Glenn has bought into the character of Dennis. Much in the way we all let the opinions of 4chan sink into us slowly, the more we lurk, the more we change. You may not realise it, but 4chan has influenced you, and probably for the worst. The same has happened with Glenn and the character of Dennis. He is Dennis, and the SJW, culturally diverse Rob has caused him to leave. Secretly Glenn has a power level, but is hiding it. He has not reached Dennis levels of insane and thus hasn't had an outbreak, and doesn't want to reveal the power level. He has left for the sake of his career.
>>
>>80233757
>contrarians

Don't try to use words you don't understand the meaning of, you fucking dunce. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a contrarian. Also The Gang Gets Trapped is weak as fuck and Mac and Charlie Write A Movie is a worse episode than even The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell, but at least you put The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award in your top ten so I won't teleport behind you and skewer you with my superior Nippon steel.
>>
>>80233834
But they have constantly changed throughout the show. Look at the first season. Like, really look at it and then compare it to each and every subsequent season. Huge tonal shifts and changes to group dynamics. Hell, Franks descent and Crickets radical transformation over the course of the show is proof change can be a good thing. They just gotta make it work.
>>
File: 1488937589680.jpg (135KB, 502x461px) Image search: [Google]
1488937589680.jpg
135KB, 502x461px
>>80233966
This post is satire
>>
>>80229017
If he had waited longer to get married he could do better. They got married when he was still completely unknown. Nowadays all he has to do is walk into some club in LA and say "what's up, I'm rich and I was in that movie with Ice Cube", and like half a dozen 8/10 whores would be on his manlet ass in an instant.
>>
>>80233985
Mac and Charlie Write a movie and The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell are good epsidoes. Why are you always trying to perpetuate this lie they aren't every time there is a Sunny thread?
>>
File: He NOSE the truth.jpg (89KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
He NOSE the truth.jpg
89KB, 1024x576px
>>80233985
>Mac and Charlie write a movie is bad
>Worse than the liberty bell episode

By the way, The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell isn't even bad, everyone just circle jerks around that episode, same with Frank's Brother, despite both of them being solid.
>>
File: 1379059394251.jpg (41KB, 629x472px) Image search: [Google]
1379059394251.jpg
41KB, 629x472px
>tfw no QT loyal non bitch North Dakota baby momma
>>
File: Consistency.jpg (65KB, 1889x573px) Image search: [Google]
Consistency.jpg
65KB, 1889x573px
Find me another tv show that has such consistent quality.
>>
>>80234075
>>80234084

All three of those episodes are garbage and I've been watching the show since the second episode aired and have rewatched them many times. I watched Frank's Brother just yesterday as a matter of fact. Terrible compared to the others.
>>
>>80231831
>you guys have been trying to find something to complain about this whole season
seriously every episode has had faggots trying to henpeck every little thing simply because they hate women and cant get pussy
>>
>>80234115
If you unironically have this opinion you are the definition of a contrarian. Mac and Charlie Write a movie is a well liked episode, you disliking it just because others like it does in fact make you a contrarian. Name one reason it's a bad episode.
>>
>>80233757
How am I supposed to take your opinion seriously with season 3 ranked that low? You're the contrarian here. Season 3 is the universally accepted goat.
>>
>>80234132
It's been this way since I started discussing this show on /tv/.

Back in SEASON 5 people were bitching and complaining every IASIP thread about advertising, or the show being shit now, while season 5 is now considered one of the best, if not THE BEST season of the entire show.

4chan in general is just a bunch of edgelords with shitty opinions trying to out-bait and be edgier than all the other edgelords with their shitty opinions.
>>
>>80227592
> Not having The gang solves the gas crisis

What does it feel like to always have the shittiest opinion in the room?
>>
>>80234160
It's literally right in the middle, it's not ranked low, maybe read what I wrote. No season is bad, they're all very consistent.
>>
>>80234075
Mac and Charlie Write a Movie is not a bad episode, it's just one of the weakest ones from season 5. The opening is the best part of that episode, it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>80234137
Not him but that episode is one of the worst. All the Shyamalan jokes and the dumb Dee trying to be an actress but she's an extra stuff fell flat and the movie idea wasn't that funny. Plus Frank's whole thing is he eats sausage out of his shirt pocket? Terrible.
>>
>I don't know what "jump the shark" means

hey retard

JUMP THE SHARK MEANS THAT THE SHOW REACHED A MOMENT WHERE IT "JUMPED THE SHARK" AND YOU REALIZED IT WOULD NEVER BE AS GOOD AS IT ONCE WAS

DID IT REALLY FUCKING TAKE YOU UNTIL THE LATEST EPISODE TO REALIZE THIS?!?

GOD DAMN IDIOTS THAT JUST CHANGE WHAT SHIT MEANS FOR FUCKING MEMES GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>80234137

>Mac and Charlie Write a movie is a well liked episode

No it isn't. Fuck off.
>>
>>80234115
>>80234246
Ass Kickers United is unironically a bad episode in which all other Sunny episodes can be measured. The other three are miles ahead better than that one singular out of place episode.
>>
File: No Fun Allowed.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
No Fun Allowed.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>80234287
All of that stuff was hilarious. I bet you're one of the people that hates "Who Pooped the Bed?" because it has poop jokes in it.
>>
>>80234408
Keep on proving me right contrarians.
>>
>>80234408
Yes it is. Fuck off.
>>
>>80234184
>4chan in now* is just a bunch of normie redditors* trying to post anonymously* their shitty opinions.
>>
>>80234299
The show has been fine, take off the nostalgia goggles. The current seasons are just as good as the early ones, maybe with a slight decline, but they are still nearly as good. Season 12 was one of the better seasons of the show overall too, only 1-2 weak episodes and the other 8 were strong.
>>
That was a great episode

season overall was mediocre though
>>
>>80234841
It was better than 10 and 11. Had two mediocre episodes (that were still good), the Gang turns black and A Cricket's Tale. The other ones were great.
>>
>>80234648
Mindblowing that someone is truly capable of this level of idiocy and bad taste.
>>
the only season that truly sucked and was mediocre is season 1
>>
>>80235046
What's "mind-blowing" is that faggots like yourself have to hate on every new episode for the most arbitrary reasons. People were hating on Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer, despite it being a fantastic episode. Sorry that some people like yourself just have shit taste.
>>
File: Mac.jpg (79KB, 541x639px) Image search: [Google]
Mac.jpg
79KB, 541x639px
>>80222302
No, it's called progression.

I'm fucking glad Mac came out as gay, I'm glad Charlie banged the waitress and I'm glad Dennis got some character development this season beyond "dude i probably kill women lmao". You can only do the same joke for so many seasons in a row before it gets old. Charlie getting over the waitress and Mac being openly gay mean we might actually get some fresh jokes and ideas in Season 13.

Alas, if Dennis doesn't come back then the last few seasons are going to be pathetically tragic and will probably lose what viewership and reputation they have left. If Glenn doesn't have time to do full seasons anymore then they should just renegotiate to do a few extended special/TV movies (like the 45 minute Christmas special) to finish the show off and call it quits.

Also Sunny has basically jumped the shark 2 or 3 times a season since Danny Devito's introduction so the phrase has practically lost all meaning
>>
File: 1488804304149.png (153KB, 1490x679px) Image search: [Google]
1488804304149.png
153KB, 1490x679px
there was so much throwback humor in this season. it has become a parody of itself.
>>
>>80222451
I've always thought she was hot.
>>
File: 1454580218362.jpg (112KB, 960x647px) Image search: [Google]
1454580218362.jpg
112KB, 960x647px
They should go the route of the Trailer Park Boys and release a special/movie every couple of years or so. Rob gets his sunny goes on forever wish, and the other actors get the free time they want. And fans hopefully get a decently written special.
>>
>>80229827
grow the fuck up and accept change you fucking neckbeard.
>>
thank god they are taking break and i hope they dont call all those fat fucking cunts to write more of shit. this season didn't felt like sunny at all.

JUST END IT.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h44m46s672.png (2MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h44m46s672.png
2MB, 1920x1088px
>>80222302
Yeah I think having this happen is dumb.

Charlie has been chasing the wrong waitress all this time
>>
>>80237154
It isn't good change, it isn't the bold or risk type of change.

Sunny is about as far removed from that as you could possibly imagine, it has turned into one of the most boring and stagnant television shows on air.
>>
the longer an american tv show goes, the less possibilities they have left so they come up with dumb shit like this
>>
I know it's a stupid thing to nitpick, but I hate it when they overplay the dakota/minnesota accent

we really don't sound like that. the fargo tv show was the least bad I've seen
>>
>>80226516
Didn't they already sleep together on the beach?
>>
>>80238236
they didn't have sex though
>>
>>80228259
Those contracts aren't iron clad. It's not unheard of for a show to be renewed and then abruptly cancelled. FX seems like a pretty chill network, I'm sure they can figure something out.
>>
>>80235261
What you call progression is called running out of ideas and doing stupid shit without taking any risk.

It's like South Park, there are still great ideas to make episodes about kids doing stupid shit, but they played the dude modern reference lmao card and the show became shit.

IASIP has become bland af and at this point you can't try something fresh, they need to pull the plug out
>>
>>80229827
Rob is a stupid faggot, and Mac has always been the weakest character on this show after season 4. Hope Glenn makes it outside the show, he's the fucking tits
>>
>>80233966
> You may not realise it, but 4chan has influenced you, and probably for the worst
>tfw you know this is true
>>
>>80237154
>All change is good
This is a fucking terrible attitude to have.
>>
File: 1487599097669.png (210KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487599097669.png
210KB, 500x375px
>continuing the show without Dennis
>>
>>80238883
fuck off back to /pol/ trumpcuck
>>
>>80237154
SEETHING nerd
>>
>>80234073
Well, if he's tired of her, I've got a spare room.
Seriously, you ever think that maybe, just maybe, they love each other and don't care?

Also, Dee should bang the Waitress. Don't tell me you wouldn't watch.
>>
>>80226516
aka why we are in the fucking thread

show's turned to shit
>>
>>80239474
the sad thing is, even though you're joking, some people do actually think like this.
>>
>>80222617
>Literally a 3/10 maybe a 4/10 depending on her personality or whatever

She's Charlie Day's real life wifefu
>>
>>80234073
And those whores would leave him at the drop of a hat if something went wrong. Chances are they're together because they actually care about each other.
>>
>>80230801

Hey now. Minorities can be funny. Not women though.
>>
File: 1452110228371.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452110228371.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
i want to FUCK dee
>>
>>80228541
Suburbs is in the all time top 5. Being Frank and the cruise ship was good, too. Sadly, most of the rest of s11 is their worst stuff.

>Chardee MacDennis 2
>Frank Falls Out The Window
>McPoyle vs Ponderosa
>Charlie Catches A Leprechaun

All terrible, terrible episodes.

Season 12 wasn't much different, but it's ratio wasn't quite as bad. The Gang Tends Bar is easily the worst episode ever, though.
>>
>>80237607
weird that you say that because whenever I think how charlie will end up in the series finale I always think hes going to be with Dee idk why.
they did have that episode where the fucked
>>
>>80222302
>Mac's openly gay
>Charlie fucks the waitress
>Dennis leaving
Show's obviously ending, the cast hardly seems to want to do it anyway
>>
>>80222468
Take it back
>>
>>80237129
Trailer Park Boys has like three new full seasons
>>
Saw a movie a couple years ago where the actress who plays the waitress goes around braless with some severe pokies prancing around.

Anyone knows the movie? I can't remember the name.
>>
>>80232231
It felt forced then too. At least they had an actual joke in Gob missing out even though he was the original. Sunny was just being self-indulgent, although it was a nice moment overall.
>>
File: 1418860109679.jpg (40KB, 796x458px) Image search: [Google]
1418860109679.jpg
40KB, 796x458px
I thought the water park episode was okay.
>>
File: Ellis-Quiet-s-03[1].jpg (72KB, 1000x549px) Image search: [Google]
Ellis-Quiet-s-03[1].jpg
72KB, 1000x549px
>>80242169
nvm found it
>>
>>80231405
>Sorry if that triggered your sperg rage

Disagreeing with you isn't showing rage, niggerfaggot.
>>
>>80242577
You're clearly quite angry, or you wouldn't have resorted to name-calling.
>>
>>80231831
The show jumped the shark with The Nightman Cometh. It's just been degrees of flanderization since that.
>>
How they reconcile the fact that they're all upper-class/upper-middle-class prep school kids making fun of the poor?
>>
>>80243421
>upper-class/upper-middle-class prep school kids making fun of the poor?
Are you talking about the Gang or the writers?
>>
>>80224041
the egg stuff got me
>>
this show is so fucking reddit
>>
>>80234112
lol @ franks brother right there
>>
File: url.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>80234287
>Here's the twist, and there is a twist. We show it. All of it.

that was hilarious and you're wrong
>>
>>80234648
>only 1-2 weak episodes and the other 8 were strong
Name the 1-2 episodes you think are weaker than the rest

>>80235261
The entire joke of the show is that there is no progression because they're too stupid and self-centered to ever learn from their mistakes and so they just stay trapped in the permanent purgatory that is the bar
They even outright say it in the Worst Bar In America episode come tf on
>>
>>80240569
watch "The Mick"
>>
>>80240655
>The Gang Tends Bar is easily the worst episode ever, though
A Cricket's Tale is by far the worst
>>
I feel like the cast members of the show really settled for the bottom of the barrel when it came to marrying.

The actor who played Mac married Dee's actor for some reason.

Charlie Day, who is quite attractive when shaven, though short, settled for the waitress actor who is also really ugly
>>
>>80226938
>>Popular opinion is that It's a 9-10
>>Therefore, I must argue that It's a 2-3 to balance it out
>>Therefore, we must argue that It's a 9-10 to balance it out

lol dumb people
>>
>>80226938
>Everyone thinks this way, you think this way, you're just not aware of it
get the fuck out of here with this projecting garbage

you think like a moron—not everyone does
>>
>>80231577
>More so than any other show I can think of in existence, Sunny IS the group dynamic.
Seinfeld is the same way, actor wise.

Imagine a season without George.
>>
>>80245031
I could imagine a season without Jerry
>>
>>80244334
>>
>>80233834
>The unwritten rule of plot advancement for shitty* sitcoms.
Seinfeld and Arrested Development changed characters situations all the time.

George was unemployed for seasons, worked at Play Now!, worked at the Yankees, worked at Krueger industries, Elaine worked with Mr. Pitt, Peterman, etc. Arrested Development had all sorts of plot developments.

You have to change up the status quo or else you become the simpsons. Could be funny to see Charlie have the tables turned on him—now that he has to deal with a clingy woman obsessed with him who he wants nothing to do with. Could be pretty funny: obsess over a woman for 12 years who never gives you the time of day and when you finally get her—she's horrible and will never leave you alone. Now he has to give her the slip all the time.
>>
File: 1488359272727.png (241KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488359272727.png
241KB, 700x700px
>>80228145
>tfw I looked up the imdb of the pharmacist that was D.E.N.N.I.S'd and found out Glenn married her irl
>>
>>80245241
That kid has brad pitt eyes
>>
there's nothing wrong with this season, it's just the 4chan way to whine about how shows have died. This isn't even comparable to the Simpsons, I've laughed many many times this season. Even at its worst it's still one of the only funny things on TV, fuck off.
>>
>>80227126
Is this a meme? I hated that episode in particular tbqh
>>
>>80245083
I could also imagine a season without Mac.

Seinfeld is more disposable than George, you are correct. I only said George because he is most analogous to dennis out of the the four seinfeld characters.
>>
File: gang warfare.png (109KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
gang warfare.png
109KB, 225x225px
>>80245532
lets settle this

Dennis - George
Dee - Ellaine
Mac - Jerry
Charlie - Kramer
Frank - Newman

Is this correct?
>>
>>80245364
Why did you have that feel?
>>
>>80222548
Despite all the homosexuals in this thread, I thought she looked good in the early seasons.
>>
This show has been coasting for a few seasons, I really enjoyed this episode, it actually moved the plot, would make a great series finale
>>
>>80245689
10/10

>mfw I wish It's Always Sunny used Frank in a manner more similar to how Seinfeld used Newman.
He's funny but works best as a vile "other" who enables the crazy, lovable character. Best used sparingly.
>>
>>80245890
yeah, frank gets over used a bit, I like the relationship between him and Charlie which is similar to the Kramer/newman relationship where it doesn't need to be constantly played
>>
This show should have died after the Christmas special.
>>
Wait so is Dennis actually leaving the show?
>>
>>80229827

Rob is a shit actor, he would've been homeless without Sunny, of course he's going to do Sunny forever. He won't get hired anywhere after Sunny is over.
>>
>>80232553
I just took a look at his Twitter, is he actually a faggot?
>>
>>80246407
Rob is mainly a writer though, he'll have no trouble finding job after sunny.
>>
This last episode was fantastic. It really nailed the comedy down.
>>
>>80233757

this literally the worst thing that has been posted on /tv/ this week
>>
>>80237607
This will be the catalyst. He will realize he hates the waitress like he did in the episode where he thought he was a genius and they will fuck. If Dennis doesn't come back Mac will probably kill himself because he can't live without his waifu. Frank will admit he's Charlies dad and then die.
>>
>>80234299
GODDAMN SAVAGES, IDIOTS, IDIOTS!!
>>
File: 08sId9U.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
08sId9U.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
If you watched Santa Clarita Diet you already knew this
>>
File: rpwKtDE.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
rpwKtDE.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>80247953
Shit wrong pic
>>
>>80242730
Exactly my man. Why do you think those episodes are bad? Because I'm autistic and poop jokes are bad? Poop jokes rule, and the episode was good for more than that. All of the gang arguing and the dildo bike was pretty funny to me.
>>
>people think the waitress is hot
>hot
>not cute
>not down to earth
>hot
>>
>>80228107
>The High School Reunion 1&2

shit taste
>>
>>80247981
I don't get it. Is waitress pregnant in that show too or something?
>>
>>80227957
this is true
>>
>>80242443
Nice.
>>
>>80248221
rob, charlie and glenn wrote this episode
>>
>>80228604

Charlie's gained a little bit of weight, he seems almost impervious to actually aging.

Dennis is strange, he's objectively "handsome" but there's something off about him that's very unsettling. He's like the male version of an aging beauty queen trying WAY too hard to appear younger than they are.

Charlie just doesn't give a fuck and looks better being naturally himself.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.