[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what a shitty ass boring movie, 3/10 at best. prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 20

what a shitty ass boring movie, 3/10 at best. prove me wrong
>>
>>80216027
>dosnt make an argument.
I dont like cookies, they are a 1/5. Prove me wrong.
>>
Was there any significance for the clone to be a clone of Logan? Or was it just for the cool factor of having Logan v Logan[/logan]
>>
>>80216027
7/10 until charles dies. The colored kids were horrible and almost ruined the entire movie
>>
i can't prove you wrong, the movie was complete shit and i like how hollywood is pushing it's agenda on a iconic comic book character. We gotta get across the border!!! the evil white men are snatching us up and preventing us from crossing!!!
>>
>>80216302
I think it was just the cool factor like Venom being the evil spiderman

tho plebs here will say its symbolic of Logans animal past or some shit idk
>>
>>80216027
>prove my opinion wrong

I hate nu-/tv/ redditors so much
>>
>>80216412
They're the type of contrian posters who would hate a Clint Eastwood western if it came out today because reasons
>>
>>80216027
Dont get me wrong, I liked Logan alot. But why do critics love this movie when it has the same depressing tone that Batman Vs Superman has (a movie most critics hate)
>>
>2 grenades go off 3 feet away from you
>its ok I jumped away from the explosion
>>
>>80216027
You're absolutely right. His daughter was an annoying bitch, the plot was incoherent drivel, and the only redeeming factor is that HOPEFULLY, there are no more fucking sequels
>>
>>80216358
>>80216302
>literally logan fighting his younger self
>>
>>80216598
What was the last movie you saw in theaters that you actually ENJOYED? You know, if you just go to the cinema WANTING to have a good time, 9/10 you will, and it doesn't make you a tasteless pleb, it makes you not a faggot.
>>
>>80216481
you think logan is as good as clint eastwood in its day? Have you even seen Unforgiven?
>>
>>80216598
sitting in the theatre I kept thinking it was the worst movie i'd seen in a long time. they probably used the identical "knife penetrating skull" sound effect 50 times.
>>
>>80216516
And a grenade wouldn't blow up the van in a fiery explosion either. It's a movie.
>>
>>80216515
Cause its not stupid.
like bvs
this guys video is really nails it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHJI0Zqweo&t=111s&ab_channel=RantandBollox
>>
>its a movie is popular and successful so /tv/ hates it episode
>>
>>80216927
>this
I was literally typing this comment out.
>>80216027
HEY MOMMY LOOK AT ME I AM LE BASED CONTRARIAN LIKE THIS GUY LOOK AT ME (pic related)
>>
I may have cried when the one man that was there in X-men since I was fucking 9 years old, Charles, dies.
>>
File: critic.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
>>80217015
Oops forgot pic
>>
>>80217015
>not liking capeshit makes you contrarian
>le
Back to /co/ you faggot
>>
>>80217015
>I HAVE NO TASTE SO I GET ANGERED AND HAVE AUTISM FITS WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LIKE A LARGE MEGA CORPORATION FILM THAT IS TARGETED TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR

This movie was like Marvel tried to cop the DC style but had no idea what the fuck they were doing and just threw in a bunch of mexican kids and evil white ranchers for filler.
>>
>>80217125
>>80217120
yet, you faggots make no arguments. you are just faggots trying to be edgy. >this movie was good prove me wrong
>>
File: Capture.png (25KB, 700x154px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25KB, 700x154px
>>80217120
>logan
>capeshit
I bet bvs is capekino right? cause LE BASED BLACK CONTRARIAN SAID SO
>>
Meh, it's the first movie I've enjoyed watching in awhile which Iwas surpried by. It reminded me a lot of T2 just for being so much more tightly-written than recent action movies, especially capeshit
>>
>>80216302
Logan worst enemy has always metaphorically been his past. Now his past is given a physical representation. It is no coincidence that he is shown to be unable to best x-24 and x-24 can only be beaten by Laura. It is a little hamfisted on paper but the fact that not many people noticed it shows that it works
>>
>>80217244
I laugh aloud at Based Armond in this review. He just lays it on so thick and they still lap it up. How could anyone think BvS isn't the ultimate fetishistic power fantasy?
>>
>>80217335
>at
That's a wrong word, I meant laughing with, really
>>
File: logan memem.png (27KB, 819x122px) Image search: [Google]
logan memem.png
27KB, 819x122px
>>80217335
See Armond, gave Logan a rotten review.
So it must be bad
>>
>>80217181
your argument is

>this movie spend millions on marketing and shitty newspaper reviewers gave it a high score so it must be good

i actually made an argument that the director had no clue what he was doing and just shoehorned in minority kids and evil white ranchers and scientists because there was no story to tell

it was WE WUZ TIER
>>
>>80216742
I watched Get Out, it was good because it was a fresh new idea. So uh about 2 weeks ago. And you can be a brainless normie looking in awe at the 500th time that wolverine does the same move and knifes a baddie but don't bitch at me for actually paying attention to the gaping plot holes in the movie.

>>80216811
this, 2bh. I kept thinking about the reviews but then remembered that reviewers are pretentious fuckers. DUUUDE TESTING ON KIDS LMAOOO
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 99x94px
>>80217442
>Just saying an argument that the director had no clue
>is an argument
>wew
>>
Just give me X-Men: Onslaught already, I want to see Xavier murder all of them.
>>
>>80216900
Dubs of truth
>>
>>80216515
you're assuming that people didn't like BvS because of its tone, which is not accurate.
>>
>>80217442
>the director had no clue what he was doing
>an argument
>that sudden /pol/ strawnman
Jesus fuck get out.
>>
>muh evil white man
>muh minority kids are the future
>muh illegal immigration is good
>muh sacred black family
Can't believe you guys like this anti white propaganda
>>
Honestly would have been been better if Laura had been the last mutant. Or not the implication that mutants would come back. I liked the whole tone of they came and went better
>>
>hey /tv/ am I edgier than Armond?
>>
>>80217718
I like going on /pol/
but they make literally EVERYTHING ABOUT RACE,
and then they say >le im not racist
Not all /polfags/ are like this tho.
>>
>>80216515

this "people didnt like BvS because of the tone" shit needs to stop. people didnt like it because it was a 3 hour nonsensical movie full of bad CGI, stupid character motivations and characters that don't suit the tone.

batman and superman still dress up in spandex and capes then punch each other in the face. wolverine would not have worked if he put on his costume and did that shit.
>>
>>80217704
that is one of the major criticism by critics of the recent superman movies. All the marvel characters kill people all the time, but that doesnt bother anybody
>>
>>80217745
Explain all those points.
The reason they are from mexico, the things they were doing is legal in mexico.
>muh illegal immigration is good
What they did is not comparable to illegal immigration.
>I am a retard jpeg
>>
File: 0d3.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0d3.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>these people claiming that it's anti white propaganda
Honestly; it's so fucking pathetic it hurts.
The second i heard someone talk in cholo i started looking for propaganda like a maniac, i'm a /pol/ack and honestly, i didn't find anything noteworthy.
This whole thing is pure cringe and anyone claiming this is anti white propaganda didn't watch the movie, just like Get Out.
>>
File: kek.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>80217924
>he thinks get out isn't anti white propaganda,
>claims to be a /pol/ack
look at this retard look at him and laugh
>>
>Xavier comes from posh family
>continues to have money for decades to run school for runaways and weirdo fucks
>kills weirdo fucks with brain seizure
>suddenly has no money whatsoever forced to live inshithole country
Why
>>
>>80217924
They care so fucking much about race . literally ANYTHING. that has someone that's non white they SCREAM LE WHITE GENOCIDE...
And then, they have the audacity to say,
Why do black people care so much about race guys?
>>
>>80216027
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>80218030
I've been noticing that they're starting to get butthurt if a white guy is a villain/gets killed/is not the hero. It's literally the same shit as someone complaining that a minority is the villain, or gets killed, or is not the hero. Having one, or even multiple white or nonwhite characters in a movie act a certain way doesn't mean they represent all whites or nonwhites everywhere.
>>
>>80218127
Yeah, it amazes me how they don't notice their hypocrisy.
>>
>>80216027
It was the best X-Men/Wolverine movie ever made, as someone who read and watched the comics and the 90 cartoons, it's how a imagined the end of the mutants.

It could only end badly.
>>
>>80216769
Logan was the unforgiven of capeshit movies. The perfect eulogy . cape shit started with the first x-men it dies with wolverine.
>>
>>80217247
>It reminds me of T2

I'm really glad I was not the only to come to this realization. Leaving the theater this is the movie that it reminded me of. Never thought I would see a similar movie at the cinemas. Especially t\not from an X-men film.
>>
>>80218012
He's in a shithole nowhere so he doesn't keep killing people with seizures.
>>
>>80218012
So he doesn't fucking give other people seizures like later in the movie
>>
>>80218252
I'm surprised that comparison hasn't been made before. The action is sparse but well-connected and everything feels necessary.

Can you imagine if Orci/Kurtzman wrote this? Pointless subplots like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>80218012
I thought it was due to him being a mutant.

The whole "most dangerous brain in the world has seizures" thing led me to think that if Xavier had simply lived in a place easily found they would have put him in the ground ASAP.
They were hidden on some multinational's land where scrutiny was low; they didn't want attention.

Additionally, i got the vibe from the rancher fags that the trespassing and the "The Castle"-style last stand against big biz were the source of the friction, not the dude being black.
>>
So serious question, I'm going to get my haircut after work tomorrow. How would you describe Donald Pierce's hairstyle in Logan? I want that look but don't want to be the sorry who brings in a picture of a movie villain
>>
>>80218396
>"The Castle"
the what?
>>
>>80216891
yeah, a dumb one
>>
>>80218424
Its a generic haircut that every guy has
>>
>>80218424
Its called "just fuck my shit up"
>>
>>80218396
Obviously.
The black guy was clear that the corporation wanted his land
>>
x-24 was some lame ass shit, why not go with sabertooth? he's more subtle than mr sinister.
>>
>>80218446
>doesn't know auskino

A family makes a stand to keep their home in a battle with a massive business that tries to buy all the homes and land on a street and the area surrounding.

What i remember of mr black man talking to Logan, that is the same sort of situation he was in.
>>
>>80218534
I wish zander rice would have just been mr. sinister instead. and even better than X24 or sabertooth would be Omega Red
>>
>no quips
>no pop music
>>
>expected r-rated visceral gore
>got only stabs
>frozen arm getting smashed
>young children having plot armor
>cgi up the ass
>bland curse words

logan was no different from previous xmen movies, the rating was a joke
>>
File: HercThumbsUp.jpg (40KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
HercThumbsUp.jpg
40KB, 400x390px
>>80218604
was great wasnt it?
>>
>>80218424
Why the fuck do you care what some faggot that cuts your hair thinks about you? Pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>80218632
>>80218604
there was pop music, the one scene with the girls partying in the limo
>>
>>80216302
Aside from Magneto nobody has been able to consistently hang toe to toe and survive a fight with Logan.

Not Sabretooth.
Not Jean Grey.
Not Beast.
Not Mystique.
Not a ten foot fucking adamantium samurai.

He was also the most successful of the Weapon X program. Cloning a blank slate of him and basically mind controlling it makes sense.
>>
>>80218654
that was less than 20 seconds
>>
>>80216345
It's literally a coincidence and you're an autist if you think this was intentional.
>>
>>80216515
Because Logan's tone made sense and fit the character. Snyder went too far (for normies) with iconic superheros.
>>
File: 1456375891788.jpg (40KB, 303x799px) Image search: [Google]
1456375891788.jpg
40KB, 303x799px
>>80216027
ur a faggot
>>
>>80216027
I liked it in the wrong way. Three wolverines' autistic screeching made me laugh my ass off.
>>
>>80216302
metaphorically it was meant to represent Logan fighting his inner demons, hence the clone even having Victor's haircut from origins.

practically, Wolverine is essentially the land version of a Great White Shark, the perfect killing machine, so if you wanted a human weapon, he'd be the logical choice to clone.
>>
>>80216302

The only thing that could kill him was himself
>>
>>80216302
The writers are creatively bankrupt so they couldn't come up with something better.
>>
>>80219479

Why pay another actor when they can just trick an Australian to do twice the work
>>
>>80217028
He already died when you were 15.
>>
>>80216027
>l-look g-guys i can pull facts out of my hairy bum
>>
>>80219392
this

great movie and /tv/ hates it because it was popular
>>
>>80216302
poor writing
the 3rd act of this movie was wolverine origins tier
>>
>>80219866

perhaps, I'd have to say though, after he takes the serum and stumbles into a run after limping for so long was awesome
>>
File: 1472526045595.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1472526045595.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>80220000
>magic serum
>>
File: huhhuh.jpg (64KB, 586x537px) Image search: [Google]
huhhuh.jpg
64KB, 586x537px
>>80219223
I like this image. It's funny.
>>
>>80219601
No he didn't.
>>
One plot point I didn't get
After Caliban blows himself up, he gets taken to Rice's lab
Rice says to keep Caliban's DNA since he's useful
But then that never matters
It obviously makes sense for him to say it, but what's the point of the scene?
Logan's dead. Rice dies, and presumably his research with him
Are they setting up some farfetched X-23 sequel? Do they really need Caliban of all people in it?
>>
>>80220551

I guess it just gives them room if they decide to make something involving either of those characters. It's a corporation, their leading scientist is dead but they can always find some new striker like dude.
>>
>>80216027
>>expected r-rated visceral gore
>>got only stabs
>>frozen arm getting smashed
>>young children having plot armor
>>cgi up the ass
>>bland curse words
>
>logan was no different from previous xmen movies, the rating was a joke

So you didn't see the film then? Peoples heads and limbs get cut off in pretty much every fight.
>>
>>80220721
But Caliban of all people? Does anyone even like him? His powers are lame, he didn't even kill anyone, and he had the lines of a housewife.
It would make more sense if they dug up Xavier, or had the scene be post-credit with Logan.
>>
>Black family are kind, wholesome folk trying to make an honest living
>Evil white Honkies in cowboy hats come and constantly harass them like the evil men they are

>group of innocent gifted Spanish speaking children are making their way to the border to escape their troubles and find a better life
>Group of evil armed white men are trying to stop them from reaching their destination

Hmmmm......
>>
The wolverine was a pretty good movie.
It was like the best of both worlds, anime and X-men.
Not enough fights with mutants though.
>>
Its hilarious seeing these insecure white folk getting ass mad over a Marvel movie.
I guess when you live in a fly over state, racial tension is all you have to entertain yourself with.
>>
>>80221187
It's pretty pathetic desu, they mock black people for caring so much about race. but they can care about race as much as they want.
>>
>>80221286
And yes sometimes, Hollywood really do some "fuck white people moments"
but this is not one of them
>>
>>80221286
Not gonna derail the thread, just gonna say this, they scream other races pull the race card yet they can't face their own racist ways as the movie shows.
>>
>>80221333
They are just some massive fucking retards. if a white guy is bad. It means it's >JEW PROPAGANDA
>>
>>80219392
No you retard, he didn't even kill x-24. Throughout the movie he got his ass handed to him by the clone because he could never overcome his inner struggles with himself. It literally took x-23, the product of his good virtues (being a father, a protector, and an x-man) and the bullet he had always saved to end his suffering to kill his evil self that represented both his animalistic nature and his past.

He was able to not only finally die, but he also died knowing he helped his daughter, someone just like him, get the chance to have the life he never got to have.
>>
File: he-doesnt-like-dafne.jpg (44KB, 586x498px) Image search: [Google]
he-doesnt-like-dafne.jpg
44KB, 586x498px
>what anon? you didn't like my movie?
>>
>>80221050
in this case running from the states rather than jumping the wall
>>
>>80221569
i think a movie about a little girl beating up grown men is silly, hunny
>>
So what was killing him?
>>
File: watch-it-pedo.jpg (32KB, 486x405px) Image search: [Google]
watch-it-pedo.jpg
32KB, 486x405px
>>80221847
Don't make me beat you up too
>>
>>80221876
Adamantium is super poisonous.
Healing factor used to cancel it out, but the corn syrup in food inhibits mutant powers.
No healing powers means the adamantium will slowly kill him.
>>
>>80220882
>His powers are lame
Being able to track mutants isn't lame for an anti-mutant corporation numb nuts
>>
File: 1726-3.jpg (23KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1726-3.jpg
23KB, 400x250px
>Introduce the magic bullet
>It's a 9mm round
>Reintroduce it
>It's a 5.56 blank
>Load it into the gun
>It's another random fucking round

Why not just use the same prop
>>
>>80221975
I didn't say it wasn't useful, just boring. I wouldn't want a capeshit where the main character's power is finding people who can kill him and also dying in the sunlight.
He's a secondary character and a mcguffin at best, and his use is easily replaceable. There's no particular reason to keep him specifically out of all the characters in the movie around.
>>
>>80221965
If the corn syrup inhibits powers why does charles need the meds from killing everyone?
>>
>>80222014
Someone kept losing them, bullets are tiny and easy to misplace.
>>
>>80222097
Because it doesn't cancel them completely, just makes them weaker or harder to control. That's why Logan can still take such a beating while not healing completely. Remember the whole scene in the beginning with his claw and how Caliban points out how he isn't healing?
Charles' seizures and brain disease are partially an effect of the syrup.
The syrup is also why there aren't any more mutants being born.
>>
>old dying white men need to get some beaner girl to Canada, away from the evil white people

???
What a strange plot
>>
File: watch-it-donald-1.jpg (53KB, 542x537px) Image search: [Google]
watch-it-donald-1.jpg
53KB, 542x537px
>>80222422
I'm not a beaner
>>
>>80222470
look like beans to me
why can't she speak american
>>
>>80222481

>why can't she speak american

I could ask that of most americans
>>
>>80222152
I thought Logan was dying because of the adamantium. I thought the stuff was beginning to decay and give him radiation like sickness that weakened him and his powers? One of his dialogues is "They put this poison in me". I'm probably wrong though cause when I saw it I didn't pick up on the corn syrup virus thing.
>>
File: qtp2t.jpg (27KB, 397x504px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2t.jpg
27KB, 397x504px
>>80222481
She does speak english. She has a british accent. She had an interview on dailymail but it got taken down.
>>
>>80222503
That anon is just making shit up to explain the shitty plot holes. They never stated any of the things he's saying.
>>
>>80222504
shes a 3 foot tall gringo killler
>>
>>80222503

it's a combination of a lot of things, the adamantium has always been giving him metal poisoning, he's 200 years old and food and water supply were altered by Transigen to fuck up mutants on a whole, couple that with injuries that are not healing properly and yeah he was in bad shape.
>>
>>80222145
But why a blank for when they showed it off the most? It just seemed lazy to me.
>>
>>80216027
>Hey mutant kids just sit there in normal fucking restraints and watch Logan get fucked up
>And when you get free take your sweet ass time doing something
>Oh and instead of helping Logan once you're free, take all eight of you to get your revenge on Robohand
>Shit Logan's about to die, you better run instead of using your mutant powers
>It's not like X-24 is gonna fucking rape you all afterwards, good luck outrunning him
I don't care that Logan died, I care how he died. Shit was stupid.

>Hey remember that movie where Wolverine got shot in the head before he had adamantium and only lost his memories?
>Well now it kills a younger and much stronger version of him
Makes sense.
>>
>>80222550
What do you think the point of the black family was? The cornfield? The scene with the giant harvesting machines? The white property owners? The radio in the beginning of the film? Rice's and Pierce's comments? Were you not paying attention?
>>
>>80216302
Why do plebs like this even post on /tv/? How did fail to figure out that Logan's worst fear his own rage and bloodlust? You had 8 fucking movies, you retard.
>>
>>80222653
He had adamantium at the time, and the bullet was also made from it. It just lodged itself in his head instead of blowing his brains out.

Regardless, I think Origins is the last place you should be looking to for either continuity or relevance.
>>
>>80222741
Why would a bullet from a revolver blow his brains out yet a gigantic tank-truck thing didn't even damage him at all? It's not like the bullet being made of Adamantium would mean it would blow apart his skull - theoretically, it would just go through it. Besides, is there any reason he couldn't heal that injury to his head? I thought the inconsistencies with that thing were a little bad.
>>
>>80222791
X-24 could have certainly regenerated from that. Wolverine has survived a fucking nuclear blast because the tiniest part of him wasn't destroyed. And, to be fair, X-24 is never shown to be dead. Perhaps he's just out for a really long time. Alternatively, his regen may not be as good as Logan's used to be.
>>
>>80222791
Because Adamantium is one of the strongest metals in the universe in the Marvel universe. As long as the material crushing him isn't strong enough to break adamantium, all of his vital organs are safe. His muscles and tissue will get fucked, but those heal.

As for the bullet, I guess because it too is made out of adamantium it can penetrate his skull much easier.
>>
>>80222791
>>80222881
When he got impaled on the farm, he couldn't pull himself out and needed a serum to even recover.
>>
>>80222917
True but he wasn't dead, he was just stuck.
>>
>>80216027
Okay so is Laura gonna be stuck as a little girl for the rest of her life and/or grow all deformed? I would imagine her bones can't grow correctly with adamantium all up in that bitch. Also, about how long would her lifespan be considering she'll have to live adamantium poisoning? 50ish years?
>>
File: build_laura_lookDev_v230_0001.jpg (221KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
build_laura_lookDev_v230_0001.jpg
221KB, 1200x675px
>>80223004
Only her claws are adamantium.
>>
>>80222895
That's my point. It didn't just penetrate the skull - it blew an entire chunk of it off. See, when a Deagle shoots someone in the head, the head doesn't blow apart because of the bullet. It blows apart because of the impact and the force involved. It would have made sense for the bullet to pierce the adamantium skull (though maybe not even this, because in the movies it is said that adamantium is completely impervious to any damage after it sets) and go into his brain... instead, it blew a chunk of adamantium off. Obviously the gun couldn't deliver that much force, and we've seen adamantium survive explosions so clearly if the bullet exploded, it wouldn't have taken a chunk of his skull out. So why did it look like a regular person getting their skull blown off when he was shot with the revolver? If the forces from the gun did it, then the pressure from being crushed by that truck could have done it too. Obviously it was for the satisfaction of the audience, yeah, but it doesn't make sense in-story.. I honestly thought once she shot him, they would have just showed it penetrating his head, going into his brain, and then him falling over and seizing. t would have been perfect: the skull would heal with the bullet still in his brain and then that'd be that.

I think that'd have made much, much more sense.

>>80222917
So? He probably wasn't physically strong enough to move the car or take himself off. Imagine you get impaled with a rebar - you probably won't be strong enough to pull it out of you AND it would hurt like fuck.

We also don't know if he NEEDED the serum; we just know that the serum sped up the healing process.
>>
>>80223025
So then how the fuck was she not cut in half fighting X-24?
>>
File: build_laura_lookDev_v226_0001.jpg (186KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
build_laura_lookDev_v226_0001.jpg
186KB, 1200x675px
>>80223090
He never tries to cut her in half.
>>
>>80218360

That doesn't explain where his money went and why Logan has to work as a limo driver to scrape $70k together to buy a boat.
>>
>>80223025
How do you know that?

>>80223004
Logan lived from the late 1800s to 2029 and was fine, so she would probably live at least as long as that. That adamantium "poisoning" also isn't really a big deal. His healing factor was still strong enough for him to recover from bullet wounds, blood loss, etc immediately. The "adamantium" poisoning doesn't really kill him... it just slows his healing down because it is constantly working against the metal.

They never outright state what is killing him, which is sad, although wiki states he has a bullet made of adamantium in his brain.
>>
>>80223090
Well obviously he didn't hit her enough to cut her in half
>>
>>80223116
His seizure exploded his money too I guess
>>
>>80223117
They only operate on her arms and legs. There's no water tank and drills like James Howlett had.
>>
>>80223117
So as long as she didn't eat up that corn syrup shit she'd be immortal too?
>>
>>80223074
I would've preferred that too tbqh. I know the physics behind it are shit, but I think what they're going for is that only the metal that's a part of him can kill him both literally and metaphorically, even though as you stated it doesn't make sense, and it certainly wouldn't have chipped half his head off.

If we do take Origins into account, carrying around an adamantium bullet (I'm assuming he got it from stryker) wouldn't kill him, it'd just do what it did last time, lodge itself in his head.
>>
>>80223172
Possibly yeah
>>
I didn't like the le evil corn syrup shit. Stop making fun of FAT AMERICA!
>>
>writer says part of "Logan" was inspired by "Little Miss Sunshine"
>both films feature a little girl, and an old, white bald man travelling cross country
>in Little Miss Sunshine, old man dies and movie goes downhill quickly
>in Logan, old man dies and movie goes downhill quickly

Sometimes there's so much pottery that I just can't take it.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>80216515

Because Logan is a drunk, depressing person to be with. And he has no goal in life. His immortality is the source of his depression.

Superman inspires hope. And Batman protects Gotham. Logan is the antithesis of that. That's why he's always reluctant to help X-Men.

It's not that hard to figure out, bro.
>>
>>80216027
I may have missed it but were any of the other children made using other X-Men dna?
>>
>>80223195
Yeah exactly. It was more to show us that the fight was over.
>>
>>80223301
>His immortality is the source of his depression.
I thought it was being experimented on against his will and being treated like an animal by the Weapon X program. According to the comics anyway, his healing factor actually heals things like depression and bad memories.
>>
>>80223473

>his healing factor actually heals things like depression and bad memories.

That shit has been retconned hundreds of times to the point where his entire life is sadness.
>>
>>80223473
>his healing factor actually heals things like depression and bad memories.

No it fucking doesn't.
>>
The 'corn syrup' isn't killing mutants. It's preventing the gene from growing that creates mutants.
Logan was dying from adementium poisoning.

"You have something inside you that's poisoning you."
"I already know what it is."

"You have something in you making you sick."
"You can't help me and if you want to help yourself.. blah blah blah"

"You put this poison in me."
>>
>>80223501
>>80223497
Wolverine vol 2 Issues 175
>>
>>80223532
Eh, not convinced. Why would the adamantium be killing him, but then his healing factor was still strong enough to survive being sprayed with dozens of bullets and being cut up X-24? Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>80223588
It isn't killing him. He's killing himself though drinking, getting in fights, and being well... Wolverine.
Adementium has only ever had the power to stop his regenerative abilities.

And that's what it's doing.
>>
>>80223632
Eh, it's not like his healing factor runs out. It heals him from anything. Once it gets rid of the alcohol and heals his wounds, he's fine again and he has just as much healing power as before. This is how it's always been.

The metal never had the power to stop his abilities because he survived 100 years with it and still healed with it nearly as good as without it.

It does not make sense that he could be "dying" while his healing factor is still working well enough to immediately heal him from being riddled with bullets.
>>
>>80223682
His healing factor is constantly at war with the adamantite. On its own they won't kill him. But when he further strains his system by old age, excessive drinking, constant fights it makes it harder for his healing to keep up.
>>
>>80223762
Except not, since he was healing from bullet wounds immediately right up until he died when it magically just went off completely.
K.
>>
It was violent just to be violent. Logan didn't have an arc and only changed when he was dying. The immigration metaphor was heavy handed and patronizing. 4/10
>>
>>80217858
The main characters in Marvel movies don't have established personal rules against killing that go back decades. Superman and Batman can kill all the people that Snyder likes, but they really ought to have established this rule before breaking it in order to give the characters and their actions some weight. This wasn't a criticism that came from the critics however, since most critics didn't know about it.

The tone of BvS and MoS would have been perfectly acceptable if the following aspects of the film had not been insulting garbage that only a moron could possibly pretend to enjoy; dialogue, plot, fight choreography, set design, costume design, acting, music, pacing, and editing
>>
>>80223847
He wasn't healing immediately. When he fights the cholos at the beginning it takes time for him to push out the bullets.
>>
>>80223847
The healing was really slow and strained.
Hell there was a scene with the doctor where you can visibly see wounds that happened many many hours before.

And at the end he was being kept up by the magic plot medicine.
But that is probably the worst part of the movie.
>>
>>80218388
I feel like the final act was a little bit flabby but this is absolutely true for the most part. My favourite part was when they stopped to help the family with the horses, Logan ended up in a dispute about a leaky water pipe for some reason, and then the whole plot came crashing down around them again. It was amazing.
>>
>>80223878
I like that Logan didn't change till the very end. That was actually very believable.
Normal people don't change. He made a snap decision to be the hero again.

And isn't that the essence of what we all do?
>>
>>80223921
The worst part of the movie is the amateur script.
>>
>>80222054
Listen you madman, that wasn't a huge plot point or them setting up a sequel, it was just supposed to be sad. Caliban made the ultimate sacrifice and went out like a hero, but there he is, his charred remains subject to the whims of the villain. It also shows how cold and unsympathetic Richard E Grants character is. It does not mean that there is going to be a big-budget superhero flick next year about Caliban, starring Steve Merchant, and even if this movie gets released, you don't have to see it so quit worrying
>>
Everything up until the third act was great. The farmhouse scenes were probably the best capeshits ever been.

And then the third act. Plot holes. Children. Stupid character interaction. It brought down the movie significantly.
>>
>people are sitting here trying to convince people that a fucking comic book movie is somehow deep or profound

This board is beyond saving, we've reached reddit levels or retardation.
>>
>>80224397
And look, here comes the meta asshole trying to be superior and drag everyone down.
We ARE in full Reddit meme mode bois.
>>
>>80216302
Everyone I speak to about it agrees this was the worst aspect of the movie. OP is being deliberately obtuse, but what I will agree with is that it's certainly a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, this was the single best X-Men movie, but I think that's because the genre has set the bar exceptionally low. I walked out of thinking this movie was fucking amazing, and I still think it was very good, but as I think about it more and more, I'm realizing that the reason I liked it was because it felt more like a movie than it did a superhero movie. And the parts that did feel overtly comic book-y were (clone Wolverine, that god awful seizure effect, everything to do with the kids that weren't Laura) was the stuff that lost me. It's not that this movie is particularly groundbreaking in any way, it just feels like a real movie. We have gotten to a very fucking sad place in terms of pop culture.
>>
>>80224742
The clone made sense in the movie (which is why I don't begrudge it as much as some).
The begrudgement comes from knowing there were so many better options they could have went with.

Sabertooth
>>
>>80224824
Yeah, I don't begrudge them for it either, I understand why they did it and it's a minor qualm at best, it just stood out pretty starkly against how grounded and character driven everything else was. But now that you mention it, I kind of surprised they didn't bring him back for this. It would have been a decent opportunity to wrap everything up in a neat little bow at the end. I guess they want people to forget that Origins happened.
>>
Chekov's gun that is never fired aka shit writing.

Just Donald guy's mechanical arm.
>>
>>80225138
Most of the bad guys had a mechanical arm
>>
>>80220337
jean killed him
>>
>>80224163
>it was just supposed to be sad. Caliban made the ultimate sacrifice and went out like a hero, but there he is, his charred remains subject to the whims of the villain. It also shows how cold and unsympathetic Richard E Grants character is.
No, his interactions with Caliban in the truck show how cold he is. Having Charles and an innocent family killed for no reason while going back on his word to Caliban shows how cold he is. Having him literally say "don't make me unload a firing squad on these children" shows how cold he is.

There's no reason for Caliban's corpse to be in the lab. There's no reason for Rice to order his DNA be preserved. It obviously all makes sense for the character to do and say all that, but in terms of a scene in a movie, it's superfluous and pointless. There are already other scenes that set Rice's tone and role both before and after it.

It's no different than having a scene where Rice fills out paperwork or duly briefs his little PMC or mixes together some of his gatorade serum in a lab. Unless, of course, they wanted to leave room for him to return in a sequel, except it's fucking Caliban of all characters. He's not important or impressive or popular.
>>
>>80225754
I agree that there are other scenes where Rice's character comes through, but there's really no reason not to show this brief moment. It's sad anon. Why are you so hung up on this? Are you the same guy who started that thread complaining about "the boob scene" because of a brief flash of tits during the establishing montage at the start of the movie?

I really hope there's a Caliban movie now, where he shuffles about a dark room chopping bell peppers and complaining
>>
>>80216515

Because it had:

>decent pacing
>an intelligible plot
>well acted characters

Unfortunately, despite the memery, BvS failed on these key elements. Not a horrible movie, but a messy one (and this is coming from a Snyder fan)
>>
>they mention that the magic meme juice has worn off no fewer than three times

HMM I WONDER IF HES GONNA DIE
>>
>>80216027
>tldr: a guy went into a movie not titled X-men on purpose, expecting an X-men movie

I bet you complained how bad some of the action was in Shin Godzilla
>>
>>80219045
>Opening scenes has white frat guys chanting 'USA' at border detainees
>Major villain named Donald
>Wolverines "daughter" is Mexican border jumper

It's just a (((coincidence)))
>>
>>80221286
>>80221323
>>80221333
>>80221439
They should just be good goys and go watch get out
>>
>>80220551
It hints at the fact that all the kids probably have DNA from the x-men

>tfw fat black kid is made from Storm DNA
>>
>>80222613
Wasn't it a hollow point at the closest display of it?
>>
>>80222791
Looked like it was a hollow point which do more damage.

>all bullets do the same things all the time
>>
>>80226588
DC btfo
>>
>>80223117
>thinking Logan had the adamantium in him his whole life
Jesus Christ do people even pay attention to backstories? Is your brain at 100% capacity just keeping your retarded ass alive?
>>
The fat black kid running in the woods had people laughing in the cinema when I went to see it
>>
>>80229059
>Opening scenes has white frat guys chanting 'USA' at border detainees
I'll be honest they looked latino to me
>>
>>80229922
Yeah, because that makes sense
>>
>>80230151
I thought by chanting USA they tried to trick the borderguards into not checking the car.
>>
>>80230151
Immigrants hate other immigrants
>>
>>80230184
Costanza.png
>>
The adamantium bullet makes no sense.

X24 had half his head blown off earlier in the film.
>>
You never saw Caliban getting killed by the grenades. So you saw his corpse to remove any doubts.
>>
>>80222504
Makes sense, her father is a British actor and she grew up between Spain and England
>>
>>80222014

From the start it looked like a revolver round.
>>
>>80231222
She has a mom too. That's where her far apart eyes came from. That feature has the potential to make her really cute or really ugly depending on how her growth spurt goes.
>>
>>80216027
>3/10
i bet you thought Civil War was a 10/10, right?
>>
Is the action in Logan any good, or is it the typical shakycam bullshit in all the superhero films?
>>
>>80216341
You mean niggers?
>>
>>80231603

Brutal satisfaction of finally seeing limbs getting cut off and heads impaled by claws.
>>
>>80216515
because disney gives you a bonus if you write a positive review
>>
>>80231653
not what I asked tho, I want to know if it's shot well. I don't really care about omgbr00tal kills that are probably CGI anyway.
>>
>>80231693
>Disney
Anon, Disney didn't make this movie
>>
>>80231744
marvel is owned by disney
>>
>>80231722
Its shaky cam with like follow through. It just felt very satisfying. I hated the combat in the last 2 captain America movies btw
>>
>>80231102
Except he didn't, it was only the flesh that was blown off and even then he had trouble regenerating it.
>>
>>80231783
Marvel Studios is owned by Disney, not the whole company. This movie was made by Fox
>>
>>80231783
Marvel is like crazy trying to get back Xmen and mutant's rights back, they want the movie to flop not to be a success because that means the aren't going to get the rights soon
>>
>>80232060
Marvel Comics is owned by Marvel Entertainment, which is a subsidiary of Disney. So Disney does own all of Marvel. The Fox has the licensing to make x men movies
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.