[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this movie that bad? Don't really remember,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 16787185_1300x1733.jpg (927KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
16787185_1300x1733.jpg
927KB, 1300x1733px
Was this movie that bad?
Don't really remember,
>>
not only was it bad, by your own admission, it was also not very memorable.
>>
IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH
>>
>>80211102
I dunno, saw it when I was like 10-12 years old.
So I am not gonna judge, just watched x-1 and 2,
just wondering if this one is worth watching
>>
>>80211058
I rewatched the first trilogy the other night, and it's definitely the weakest of the three (and the first one was worse than I remember) it's not as atrocious as people make it out to be. I cried at the end, which is embarrassing
>>
>>80211229
Yeah the first xmen movie is kind of weak. The pacing is off, but I can forgive that. X-2 was amazing
>>
>>80211058
i like storm's hair in this movie and ellen paige is in it so it gets a pass from me
>>
>>80211058
Complete and total abortion.
>>
File: kelsey-grammer-x-men.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kelsey-grammer-x-men.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>80211174
this line and kelsey grammer as beast were the only good parts..
>>
>>80211058
It was infuriating. Made in an era when movies finished in threes. So it killed off crucial characters or took their powers away
>>
>>80211058
Is this the one where Mystique and Wolverine almost bump uglies? I liked that part.
>>
>>80211229
>>80211269
You two are nuts. The first one was kino, and I don't use that word ever. For it's budget it was very impressive. Also it was the first of its kind.
>>
>>80212297
I guess, it did not hold up so good,
>>
I was cool to see Storm's powers unleashed in all their glory instead of just floating around with white contact lenses.
>>
>>80212297
It was one of my absolute favourite films when I was younger, but rewatching it, it's kinda badly written even beyond the toad/storm interaction
>>
>>80212297

pull off the nostalgia goggles and watch it again, it's not that good
>>
Would rate it over most marvel movies desu. Not that I think it's all that great.
>>
>>80211058
I don't remember much either. I remember finding it mediocre (i.e., it worked well enough to not be bad, but it's noticeably worse than the earlier ones, which were mediocre too).
>>
>>80212297

the first modern-era comic book movie was Blade you pleb, not X-Men
>>
>>80212297
>Also it was the first of its kind.
That was the appeal, but it hasn't aged well.

It forgivable though considering the first movies of every franchise are just introductions for the characters basically.

Rogue is cute.
>>
File: HDwhoops.jpg (159KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
HDwhoops.jpg
159KB, 1368x768px
Eh I would say it was average. Unfortunatley the only movies to compare it against were either insanely great (Spiderman 2, X2, Batman Begins) for the time or downright fucking stupid (Fantastic Four) and it fell closer to the latter.

I think on it's own it was decent. Nice self contained story, decent fights, CGI that still looks pretty good, good music, etc. Just compared to X2 it was a step down.
>>
>>80212681
also the action in the first one. is pretty bad its marvel tier cuts
>>
>>80211058
just watched it yesterday to prepare for Logan. Honestly wasn't horrible, just not nearly as good as X2. Still some great character moments with Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine, the action was pretty cool and it was nice seeing Storm and Bobby get some spotlight.
>>
>>80212727
Yeah, I think you managed to pin it down perfectly.
>>
>>80212246
>Made in an era when movies finished in three
When did that finished?
>>
File: wolvie.gif (499KB, 301x193px) Image search: [Google]
wolvie.gif
499KB, 301x193px
It was terrible
>>
>>80212297

>kino

Kys
>>
File: normal_mystique.jpg (32KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
normal_mystique.jpg
32KB, 512x288px
I hated it, it was the worst of both worlds. Not good enough to be enjoyable but not campy enough to be enjoyable either. Plot threads are stopped and started, the action is awful, the lines are some of the worst in the series, they kill Xavier for no reason only to have him alive at the end for no reason, Wolverine is at his most boring, Scott gets killed off in his second scene (though apparently they originally had written him out of the movie altogether), Jean Gray is boring, the new villains are forgettable, the whole bridge thing is laughable, the list goes on and on. People meme stuff like Spider Man 3 as the worst but to me this was just nothing.
Except for one bright point
>>
i remember seeing it but i dont remember the movie and i remember being vaguely entertained

like most marvel movies
>>
>>80211058
I woke up in the middle of the night after seeing Logan and realized how fucking retarded X3 was

Magneto busts out of jail and kills everyone containing him by sucking the iron out of a dude's blood in X2
He kills a whole squad of Russians with his wedding ring in Apocalypse
He carries a fucking stadium onto the White House lawn in the time travel episode

And yet, in spite of being able to lift the Golden Gate Bridge off its foundations and fly it over to Alcatraz, he decides to get his retarded minions to fight the plastic shooting soldiers one on one and have their powers taken away. He could have just dropped the bridge on the island and killed everyone without a fight, or he could hate taken the bridge's girders and turned them into projectiles like he did in Apocalypse.

tl;dr the final fight was forced and gay
>>
Why even include Angel in this movie if he never even fucking interacts with any of the x-men he says like one question to storm that's it.
>>
>>80214206
Don't forget all the minions just run at the X-Men without using any powers so that they can conveniently be punched. There's hundreds of them, they should be kicking the shit out of the X-Men
>>
>>80212618
Team shit I mean. Ensemble superpowered teams.
>>
>>80212840
Exactly. By the time they decided on getting their act together to make more money off the franchise they'd already closed off the saga with this Last Stand third movie bullshit. Hence First Class and their retconning of certain parts of the canon. Spider-Man was an example of the era of trilogies, before all the profitable shared universe franchise tent-poling of the current era.
>>
>>80212433
I never understood why everyone had a problem with the Toad/Storm scene. I thought it was pretty cool t b h
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.