[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which is the most Wes Anderson-ish Wes Anderson movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Wes-Anderson.jpg (167KB, 1848x962px) Image search: [Google]
Wes-Anderson.jpg
167KB, 1848x962px
which is the most Wes Anderson-ish Wes Anderson movie?
>>
>>
Grand Baptiste Hotel
>>
The Royal Tenenbaums is a borderline parody of his own work if you think about it
>>
Fantastic mr fox
>>
>>80210673
explain your thoughts
>>
>>80210747
The broken family trope which has been present in all his work but in this particular film it's much more exhausting, the characters, the colors, they are intense to the point of retrospectively looking like parodies
>>
>>80210673
This. Everything about this is a full-blown caricature of what he's known for. The casting, the colors, the family dynamic, the humor, just pretty much everything.

Although to be fair, I think you can make a pretty solid argument for any of his work. You only have to see one Wes Anderson film to be able to recognize the rest instantly. For good or for bad, he's about as distinguishable as it gets.
>>
Impossible to tell.
>>
>>80210673
I thought that was Moonrise Kingdom.
>>
>>80210603
He's a pedo
>>
I don't know but as much as I generally like him, he has has to reinvent himself at one point if he wants to stay relevant. Nothing is worse than when a director starts to mimic his old films. Grand Budapest Hotel felt just like Moonrise Kingdom but in a different setting. I like him but his way of storytelling can get old very fast.

>>80210673
True that
>>
>>80210603
He's made more than one movie?
>>
>>80211781
>Grand Budapest Hotel felt just like Moonrise Kingdom but in a different setting.

How is a small coming of age romance like an alternate historicy-caper film? GBH is so much darker than any other of his movies. I get that all Wes movies are the same to a degree, but your statement is hyperbolic
>>
Grand Budapest Hotel is Wes Andersons most entertaining film. I also say its got the best setting.
>>
>>80212103
What I've meant is that they felt the same stylistically. Not genre- or storywise. (Even though they do share certain thematic elements.)
>>
File: tiredpepe.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
tiredpepe.png
267KB, 420x420px
>write sinful characters without morals
>make their families broken and horrible
dude feel sorry for these characters lmao
>>
Better question, what's the least wes anderson wes anderson film?
>>
>>80212483
Rushmore
>>
>>80212483
Life Aquatic?
>>
>>80212483
bottle rocket
>>
>>80210646
That's the least Wes Anderson-ish of his movies. You actually care about what happens to the characters and they succeed or fail because of their own efforts. It's his most entertaining movie, which means it's the one where he sells out.
>>
>>80212673
>It's his most entertaining movie, which means it's the one where he sells out.
please don't ever say shit like this again.
>>
>>80212483
is fantastic mr. fox very wes adersony? i haven't seen it.
besides that, i'd just say bottle rocket, 'cause it was before he really got into bisection, moving diorama kind of stuff. also the delivery of the lines seemed different. there was lots of people talking over other people with small, funny shit that you had to listen closely for. later he started doing more closeups with a reaction phrase.
>>
I can only watch one wes anderson movie every few years. I have to be in a certain mood to put p with his shit. The last one I watched was The Grand Budapest Hotel and it was pretty good but only because I was in a good mood when I watched it and it was a nice afternoon. I still haven't seen moonrise kingdom, it seems way too annoying.
>>
>>80212742
>i still haven't seen moonrise kingdom, it seems way too annoying
It's maximum comfycore tbqhwy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.