/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Gandalf have entered Mordor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Gandalf_(1).jpg (11KB, 252x196px) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf_(1).jpg
11KB, 252x196px
How was Gandalf actually planning to sneak into Mordor? He must have had a basic idea, or at least one thought as to how he would accomplish it.

The Gates, I think can be ruled out. Even Gollum knew they couldn't get through that way. I don't think Gandalf would have tried.

So, what about Cirith Ungol? Did Gandalf have the knowledge to get them through? Did he know about Shelob? Or would he try the Iron Mountains?
>>
>>80205911
Pretty sure when Faramir tells Gandalf that Frodo was headed to Cirith Ungol Gandalf has a very grave reaction. So rule that out maybe

>inb4 eagles
>>
>>80205968
Did he really fear Cirith Ungol?
>>
>>80205911
>The Plan, espoused by the Wise is to not hold too dearly to any one course of action. A loosely formulated plan allows the hand of Providence to play a role in its success. Boromir provides an example of a specific plan, influenced by ideology and carried out by force of will, that goes astray. Boromir's singular goal is to bring the ring to Gondor, unable to deviate from this plan he uses coercion and force to further his plan and ultimately is tempted by the Ring to attack Frodo.

Evil, in the Lord of the Rings is often characterized as unyielding uniformity, a Plan; while Good is aligned with natural and organic processes that deal with change rather than trying to control it. So Gandalf's plan allows events to unfold naturally without the domination of his, or anyone else's will.
>>
What was Gandalf tax policy?
>>
It's not like the fellowship would've had much trouble with Shelob, the giant squid from Moria was much more threatening.
>>
>>80205911
I also read that he would probably take the southern route and then up into Mordor, but not until after sending Legolas to grab the elves, Gimli the dwarves, Aragorn and Boromir the men. Have them draw out the forces and then sneak into Mordor with the hobbits, faramir and the rangers. Maybe whoever the fuck else they run into
>>
>>80206142
I think he feared his friends dying. He might have beaten Sheelob if he was there but Sauron would've noticed the powerful magic
>>
>>80206370
I like this answer. Thanks anon.
>>
>>80206370
Neat
>>
>Fly, you fools
he was saying to take the eagles to mordor. He deded though so he had to tell the plan as quick as possible before falling.
>>
How come Gandalf didn't warn Frodo about the dangers of Cirith Ungol?
>>
Did gandalf rape the hobbits?
>>
>>80207278
It's canon.
>>
>>80206567
It'd make sense, especially since it is likely Gandalf would have gone to Minas Tirith or possibly Rohan after Lorien, since the plan was always that Aragorn would go there. From Minas Tirith they'd take the river South then strike out for a river that runs out of the mountains of shadow.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.