[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1459058718058.jpg (43KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459058718058.jpg
43KB, 337x500px
Why did it fail?
>>
I don't know but I'm sure someone will find a way to blame Disney
>>
>>80195406
i found it boring. was shit really.
>>
>>80195406
I'm watching it right now. It's pretty damn good.
>>
Because he's still obsessed with acting and writing in his own movies and it just doesn't always work, in fact his brother should've been the lead in all his shitflicks

Argo could've been pretty good with any other director. stupid movie
>>
Punishment for his involvement in BvS.
>>
I like Ben but I honestly think he's a better actor than a director/writer.
>>
>>80195406
that poster looks bad
>>
>>80195406
>"Huh... So I guess we finna some kind of Auteur now?"
Shit dialogue like this really didn't help the film at all.
>>
File: period dramas are meh.jpg (151KB, 754x635px) Image search: [Google]
period dramas are meh.jpg
151KB, 754x635px
>>80195488

What was the last Roaring 20s movie to come out anyway?
>>
It's like he really wants to play dress up and pretend to be a 1920's gangster so he produced a movie to do so without being laughed at.
>>
>>80195575
>without being laughed at.
Well that didn't work.
>>
not enough quips
>>
>>80195574
The Accountant would have been so much better if they erased the Strong Independent Up-And-Comin Black Female Cop plotline and had more accounting/fighting/autism
>>
>>80195948

Meh, it was barely a footnote in the movie so I didn't mind, and at least her character wasn't some paragon of virtue but a fuckup trying to stop being a fuckup
>>
Watched Live by Night last night and jesus what a fucking mess of a movie. I know it was said to be pretty bad upon release but I wasn't expecting THAT bad. I don't even know if it's a positive thing but the one thing I was shocked with was just how many times there was clearly a lot of money pumped into scenes full of extras, large scale sets of the 1920's only to wind up being some 4 second shot of Affleck sitting in a chair/walking through a market/driving a boat with no dialogue and never seeing the setting again. Perhaps there were a ton of cut scenes or perhaps he just loved the setting and wasting money.

Structure wise this movie is a complete mess, it starts fast and all over the place but somehow feels boring and it wasn't until 45 minutes in that the basics of what the movie would be trying to do even becomes apparent, and then it failed at that too.
>>
>>80195406
Late release. Would've done better in early December. Felt like an afterthought to awards season and not enough of an event on its own.
>>
>>80196169

I hear there's a scene of Elle getting her fanny spanked, is that worth it?
>>
>>80196016
It was a wasted thirty minutes of pandering
>>
They wrongly assumed the audience would find any of it interesting. Makes Argo seem like a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
>>80196192

>30 minutes

It was less than that, you're being far too whiny.

>pandering

to who? Man shut the hell up.
>>
>>80195948
>>80196016
Would still be better if JK Simmons played cop alone, or if the woman played second-in-command with him instead of taking screentime alone.
>>
>>80196184
That was pretty hot, unless I was blind and stupid it also comes out of no where and is the first time you see her outside of some photographs so I was really confused but instantly recognized her and thought it was pretty hot. You only see her face throughout the spanking. Random but sexy scene, maybe 30 seconds, not worth watching the whole movie for.
>>
File: 1476171368136.png (540KB, 956x396px) Image search: [Google]
1476171368136.png
540KB, 956x396px
>>80196184
Here https://my.mixtape.moe/imqdzj.webm

I just realized he's the gay dad from American Beauty.
>>
>>80195948
They were building her character for a suposed sequel
>>
>>80196348

>no tears
>just that one look of duh on her face

I can't fap to this, i need SUFFERING. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>80195406
Oh shit I forgot this movie existed.

Was it any good?
>>
>>80196895
Her character was shit
>>
i liked it tbqh

comfy movie

solid 7/10 flick
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.