[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: x_men_origins_wolverine05.jpg (203KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
x_men_origins_wolverine05.jpg
203KB, 1280x1024px
Why everyone hates it?
It wasn't actually that bad.
I even enjoyed it.
>>
>>80188981
nigga u trash
>>
Because they had based-as-fuck Scott Adkins at their disposal and totally squandered him.
>>
I liked it too.
>>
>>80188981
They fucked up Deadpool despite Reynolds doing his best as Wade. Gambit was awful.
>>
>>80188981
The video game was literally superior in every way

That's how bad it was
>>
>>80188981
/co/ autists weren't happy Deadpool wasn't memeing
>>
The workprint is GOAT
>>
>>80189055
But he was memeing, until he wasn't, and then he had laser beam powers and teleportation powers and weird Baraka blades and wasn't Deadpool at all.
>>
>>80189036
>They fucked up Deadpool
How exactly?
Because he wasn't gagging there all the time?
>>
>>80188981
Boy am I glad that shot got retconned at the start of DoFP

This movie just shits on X-men 1 +2
>>
>>80189084
Well there was a comic were deadpool actually had laser eyes and teleportation so its ok
>>
>>80189087
Baraka Has No Mouth But He Must Quip
>>
>>80189087
No, because they called him Deadpool but made him something else with a mish-mash of a bunch of different powers. It wasn't anything like the character. Also because he wasn't quipping all the time, which is what Deadpool is all about
>>80189126
Well I guess that excuses that.
>>
>>80189036
Nothing against Taylor Kitsch, he's not a bad actor, but that was just bad casting.
>>
>>80189126
deadpools teleportation is a device not a power
>>
>>80188981

Because the biggest hook of the story was "HOW LOGAN GOT THE COOL JACKET FROM THE FIRST X-MEN MOVIE YOU GUYZ."
>>
>>80189048
Holy fuck... The falling from the sky with the mega robot. Had to pull out my rockband drum kit and do basic snare rolls to beat it.... And those God damn dog tags.. Fuck that game infuriates me
>>
>>80189181
Reddit please
>>
>>80189152
Why are you retards even concerned about memepool anyway? Is this the only thing why you shit on it?
This movie is called Wolverine origins not deadpool origins.
>>
>>80188981
Literally the best scene in the entire movie was the intro scene with Logan and Victor going through all of the wars
>>
Deadpool in this > meme pool movie
>>
>>80189232
>the name of the movie is an excuse for it to be shit
No. And I seem to recall also saying Gambit was shit, so it wasn't just Gambit.
And I guess I didn't much like the way it had the kids in it. That was dumb.
>>
>>80189275
What's it like being completely wrong
>>
>>80189277
Gambit wasn't all movie just some 5 minutes of it
But kids were in Logan you stupid /b/tard.
You are just nitpicking
>>
>>80189396
>But kids were in Logan you stupid /b/tard.
The X-Men as children who had been kidnapped by Stryker were in Logan? What?
>>
>>80189245
Why there are no Victor in ant other movies?
>>
>>80189423
Isn't the first real action scene in X-Men 1 a fight between him and Logan?
>>
>>80188981
While I think this movie isn't that good overall, it has some really great scenes in it. I feel like Gavin Hood was trying to make a different film but the studio kept forcing him to add tonally jarring things.

Liev Schreiber and Danny Huston were both fantastic. Besides Hugh and Patrick Stewart, I think they're the best performances in the X-Men movies. I really liked the concept that while his brain tissue grows back, his memories wont. I thought it was interesting and based Danny Huston completely sold it to me. Plus, that opening credits sequence is pure kino
>>
>>80188981
JEEEEAAAAAN! origins sucked. It wasn't a wolverine movie it was an x-men movie and that's the problem
>>
>>80189245
Came here to say this it was really good, the bad parts were deadpool is everyone's abilities nao, and fuckin will I am, other than that I have no real problems with it
>>
This is one of the better X men films because 70% of the film is the relationship between Wolverine and Sabertooth and Liev and Jackman killed it in this. The core conflict and story basis of the movie is solid, thus the movie is solid.

It's also remarkably similar to first class in every way, from structure to the fact that the two leads carry the movie and that much of the supporting cast is misplaced garbage, yet people love first class and shit all over this.
>>
>>80188981
This deadpool (pre mouth shut) was more accurate than 2016 meme deadpool
>>
>>80188981
Origins was okay and had some cool stuff. Weeb Wolverine was shit as fuck.
>>
I like it but the ending with Deadpool was shit.
Reynolds did a good Wade, but then that Deadpool, holy shit.
>>
>>80189184
Game was fucking annoyed I quit it.
I thought I would like it but it was repetitive and bullshit.
>>
It was bad, but the main reason it was so hated was because the workprint released before the movie came out and wasn't finished, didn't have any of the CGI filled in and overall just looked incredibly goofy and retarded. No one actually bothered watching the finished version after that.
>>
>>80189416
It had the same plot
>>
>>80190556
I don't think you understand the issue, which was that they met Wolverine as kids.
>>
>>80188981
Awkward comedy, bad effects, mediocre action, whole shit fight at the end with deadpool was cringe
>>
>>80188981

Why are their eyes closed and looking down?
>>
>>80190658
The lights were too bright.
>>
>ruin deadpool
>ruin gambit
>ruin blob

okay yeah good job
>>
>normal people
liked it
>autistic comic book readers
hated it
>>
>>80190747
dont gotta be a comic book fan to notice obvious flaws
>>
>>80190747
That's about right.
>>80190765
What flaws? Honest question, no b8.
>>
>>80188981
>Why everyone hates it?
Learn English, you Eastern scum.
>>
>>80189202
Fuck off.
>>
>>80190827
Bad CGI, floaty fight scenes, an odd toss of characters that nobody could really grow attached to, that were then killed off, comedy that just fell flat, story is very jumbled
>>
File: b8.jpg (52KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
52KB, 625x626px
>>80188981
It's the second or third thread this week trying to play Origins' advocate.
Just sod off, it was a shitty movie, like, pure late 00s capeshit (oh you know what I'm talking about).
It could've been good. It could've been better if its CGI looked finished. It could've been better if the plot stuck to the original concept of Logan's story that was conceived back in the Singer days, and if the creators didn't shit all over everything related to Weapon X that was established or hinted at in the first two X-Men movies. It could've been if it were at least like the videogame - violent, gory and rated R.
Also, I have no fucking problem with this movie's Deadpool. I think it's pretty obvious from the after-credits scene what they were going for. It's a pre-actual-Deadpool Deadpool. First he was a merc with a mouth, then they exploited him for Weapon XI, and in the upcoming movies he was going to become the disfigured merc with a mouth that geeks love so much. Except there were no movies to come.
>>
>>80189232
Because they sewed shut the mouth of a character literally called The Merc With A MOUTH. Shit like that deserves to be called out.
>>
>>80190658
mourning the plot
>>
>>80189232
This confused the fuck out of me too. Out of all the X-men to get the hollywood treatment of inaccuracies why is it deadpool fanboys cry out the loudest? So much that hollywood literally bent over backwards for these nerds that deadpool got the greatest on-screen accuracies of any superhero and his own movie. Fuck it, hollywood give me a BETTER JUGGERNAUT NOW WAAAHWAAAWAAAH BITCHBITCHBITCH.
>>
>>80191296
Why did they make Juggernaut a mutant? Because they didn't have the rights to using Cyttorak's name?
>>
>>80189081
This

the workprint should be preserved for future generations for sheer fun and insight in the development process
>>
>>80188981
fucking 1000th capeshit thread. stop it already, child!

>>80189036
Sabretooth actor is crap too
>>
>>80189116
it didn't
not fully, anyway
DoFP retconned everything after First Class
Origins started in 1845
>>
>>80191296
>why is it deadpool fanboys cry out the loudest

because the movie treated everything with deadpool like shit?

well mostly after his introduction, when he's been fucked around with, should have just left him out, that entire last fight scene with him was garbage
>>
>>80191478
Because its the x men universe, not the true mcu. They could have used it, but giving him his own origin story would take up too much time. Besides, nobody really cared. I was more upset that he wasn't recognized as professor x's brother. But like I said, too much screen time.
>>
>>80191631
>But like I said, too much screen time
These are the words and thoughts of a Jew looking to make a quick buck with a character people recognize without actually giving people that character or giving the character its due.
>>
First Half
>kino opening
>about relationship of Victor and Logan
>played by real life bestfriends
>we see Logan always in his limits when fighting Victor
>Victor would always play with him
>VIIIIIIIIIICTOOOOOOOOR!
>we see how Logan is biologically inferior to Sabretooth without adamantum

Second Half
>Logan gets adamantum
>becomes a mary sue
>action scenes played for laughs
>>
>>80191645
>a quick buck with a character people recognize without actually giving people that character or giving the character its due.

>Mr Ratner, how do we write Juggernaut
>watches "I'm the juggernaut bitch!" video
>USES IT
>calls it a day
>>
>>80191671
>a mary sue
>dies after getting his ass handed to him
Hmm.
>>
>>80191686
what?

He literally never lost a fight after getting Adamantum
>>
>>80191714
A Mary Sue would've lived through the whole thing unharmed is what I'm saying.
>>
>>80191724
A true Mary Sue takes a beating that would destroy anyone else but still comes out ultimately fine because he's just that perfect.
>>
Because Goo goo gajoob got screwed.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.