[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predict the reviews >9%, "overwhelmingly negative"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: Power_rangers_2017_reveal.jpg (18KB, 392x254px) Image search: [Google]
Power_rangers_2017_reveal.jpg
18KB, 392x254px
Predict the reviews

>9%, "overwhelmingly negative"
>>
I'm calling it now both power ranger and Ghost in the shell will be good movies with bad reviews.
>>
>>80179192
Why the fuck do you think that? Power Rangers looks like it's gonna be full of after-school special tier melodrama, Ghost in the Shell looks more like RoboCop than the original Japanese film.
>>
>>80179192
but anon, Suicide Squad and BvS (for example) were bad films with bad reviews.
>>
power rangers looks like a play it safe chronicle rip off with cheap CGI
>>
reminder that the 1995 MMPR movie scored 50%
that's better than it really deserves
>>
>>80179250
Why I think they will be good or why do I think they will get bad reviews? The answer to both is the same fan boys will bitch about them.
>>
>35%: "With high hopes on revitalizing a great franchise, Sabans Power Rangers brings little magic on the silver screen"
>>
>>80179145
it's PR, as long it's campy and fun I don't really mind if it's mostly shit
>>
>>80179250
>Power Rangers looks like it's gonna be full of after-school special tier melodrama,

Did you watch the original?
>>
>>80179511
>if the fan boys hate it then it must be good!
This is retarded logic, anon.
>>
>>80180149
The original was pure camp. The melodrama was never taken seriously.
>>
>>80179511
The fanboys would have bitched if it was good or bad, that's shit logic, you fucking shill.
>>
>>80179145
>100%, "It's lit"
>>
>>80179250
Are you talking about the RoboCop remake?
>>
>>80180291
Yes.
>>
>>80179145
itll get whatever score they pay for it to get lmao
>>
>>80180177
That isn't what I said anon, but your proven me right.
>>
>>80179145
>Power Rangers is becoming a thing again
>toys of the old series is being bought, but not the movie's Power Rangers
>people online talking about the old PW

Sounds like Ghostbusters how everyone bought the old movie merchandise and not from the new one.
And that flopped.
Not looking good for the movie.
>>
>>80179283
>cheap CGI
It's a homage
>>
File: ivana trump.jpg (452KB, 826x516px) Image search: [Google]
ivana trump.jpg
452KB, 826x516px
Power Rangers was always bad, its part of its charm.
>>
>>80180216
These sort of movies will get bad reviews because fanboys will reviews it as a bad movie without even watching it. Look at this board with Ghost in the Shell. Most people here are already convinced that it's bad without even seeing it. Those people will sure as hell review it as a bad movie.
>>
>>80180356
Without mentioning fanboys, tell me why you think Power Rangers and Ghost in the Shell will be good movies.
>>
>>80180414
> Look at this board with Ghost in the Shell. Most people here are already convinced that it's bad without even seeing it
Have you seen the fucking trailer?
>>
>>80180387
Yes but it was bad in a schlocky b-movie kinda way, not in a high school melodrama kinda way.
>>
Based solely on the trailers, I would rather watch Power Rangers than Ghost in the Shell, because Power Rangers looks to be the far better homage to its source material. I mean sure it's a big budget nostalgia cash-in but it was always a highly commercialized product aimed at kids. You can't ruin it by being true to that aspect, it looks fun.

By comparison GitS is just a giant shit on everything that made it appealing in the first place.
>>
>>80180414
>you need to a movie to make sure it's bad
Fuck off shill. The trailers for both movies have fucking sucked and ignore the spirit of what made the original franchises work.
>>
>>80180414
I've never seen ghost in the shell, but dubstep "remix" that they hyped up that was posted here was garbage. A bad score usually indicates a bad movie, if you can't even get a score decent (a lot of bad movies even have good scores) there's no hope
>>
>>80179192
>"I didn't watch either of these trailers"

Fixd it for you anon.
>>
>>80179145
Whoever the costume designer was for power rangers needs to be shot. That shit looks bad. The old ass costumes from the show look better.
>>
>>80180566
It looks like a gay American Kamen Rider honestly, embarassing
>>
>>80180384
Heh, that CGI looked bad even back then but hey since it was on the big screen they had to go with CGI I guess.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>80180127
>"its not supposed to be a good movie I know its gonna suck"

And that's why movies like grown ups do so well. People are retarded.
>>
>>80180414
Just from the two trailers we already know they have substantially altered the Major's character and fashioned a plot that has no place in a Ghost in the Shell movie.
>>
File: battle fever j.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
battle fever j.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>80180566
Battle Fever J movie when?
>>
>>80180650
but it's a movie about power rangers, the king of cheesy 90s production to this very day. How could you even make a ''good movie'' with this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxTbjNjf_Y
>>
>>80180414
Did you not see the trailer for ghost in the shell?? It looks bad. Never even seen the anime and I think it looks bad. It just looks like a dumb movie.
>>
>>80180514
I watched the trailers. I also realize that trailers aren't great incarnations that movies will be good or bad. Look at the trailer for worlds greatest dad. It claim this movie is a wacky film about a father and son who just can't get along. It is not that at all.

>>80180419
I mean you guys think John Wick 2 is a great movie because it a simple story with a lot of action. Ghost in the Shell will probably be similar only with better effects. I think PR will be good because it know not to take it's self seriously.
>>
>>80180566
Bro, what do you want them in spandex? If its not covered in useless greeble, how will i know what's badass; more details are better nerd just look at transformers and how great they were.
>>
>>80180770
>trailers don't present any idea of whether the movie looks good or not

I can't take you seriously anymore just stop.
>>
>>80180738
I thought the trailer for John Wick looked bad and stupid but it was a great movie.
>>
>>80180127
>as long it's campy and fun
Looks like Power Rangers has swallowed the "dark and mature" pill so I wouldn't get your hopes up
>>
File: obama.jpg (30KB, 321x395px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
30KB, 321x395px
Did anyone even want this movie to be made?

A gritty remake of a show that is known for being campy and shitty?
>>
>>80180841
Man you are really stretching what I'm saying. Why are you trying to convince me that it's a bad movie before I see it?
>>
>>80180737
>How could you even make a ''good movie'' with this?
You don't, that's how.
>>
>>80179250
>Ghost in the Shell looks more like RoboCop than the original Japanese film
That doesn't mean GitS has to be a bad movie. It can be good without being a faithful adaption.
>>
>>80181031
This would be true if they hadn't decided to call it GitS, I honestly don't know why they did
>>
>>80179145
Even if it isn't half bad, I still think Saban is going to shut it down after the first movie because they were expecting a bajillion dollars but the movie is going to sequel bait out the ass.
>>
>>80181057
Gits is perfect for that though. No version is faithful to the one before it.
>>
>>80179145
Looks worse than Ninja Turtles desu
>>
>>80181139
TMNT2 at least had Bebop and Rocksteady.
>>
>>80180770
If you think either GITS and PR will have the same level choreography as John Wick 2, you have another thing coming. John Wick may not be high art, but its very well set action film, with ONE good plot thread to keep the excitement streamlined and enjoyable. The problem and misconception of most blockbusters nowadays that its not that they are just formulaic, but convolute themselves with stupid plots, acting, pacing character development. In short, shit that are meant as a franchise starter try too hard to be ambitious, while at the same time not expounding on it.
>>
>>80180723
nightmare fuel
>>
>>80180723
>the black one was the African
fucking racis nips yo
>>
>>80179145
23%
>>
File: daggy13.png (65KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
daggy13.png
65KB, 576x472px
>its another /tv/'s fantasy gets BTFO by reality episode
>>
>>80182430
kek, I remember /tv/ just before Deadpool release
>>
>>80180387
Underage b&
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.