[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did nobody tell me this was such fucking kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: The Iron Giant (1999) 1.jpg (259KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The Iron Giant (1999) 1.jpg
259KB, 1000x1500px
Why did nobody tell me this was such fucking kino?
>>
>>80174743
Because you are new. Before the /sp/v/eddit invasion of 2012 this movie was posted a lot.
>>
File: image.gif (117KB, 495x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
117KB, 495x285px
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 200x300px
>>80174743
Hold on just a minute...why didn't anyone tell me this movie was actually good?
>>
>>80174743
Because that's the job of your parents while you were growing up. It's not our fault they failed.
>>
>>80174743
I don't know, have you just recently seen it for the first time or something? Everyone knows it's kino.
>>
>>80174743
It makes me so sad that this movie was the start of the end of traditional animation. Fuck everyone that didn't see this when it came out in theaters.
>>
>>80174743
Because you've only been on this board for 6 months.
>>
>>80175298
owned the vhs when it came out, good enough
>>
>>80174743
Because you are 12
>>
>>80174764
How the hell do you pronounce spveddit
It's hurting my brain.
>>
>>80174743
Solid 6.5/10 film nothing to call home about or call kino.

Until the end.

Ending was objective shit, what the giant did spat in the face of the whole message of the film and turned a 6.5 to a 4 at best.
>>
>muh bad ending
>thinks an alien robot could be destroyed by a simple nuke

You're a faggot posing as a faggot auteur
>>
File: smugpresident.jpg (32KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
smugpresident.jpg
32KB, 615x409px
>dude guns are bad lmao
>dude the anti-communist is a lunatic lmao

Yeah, no.
Libshit garbage.
>>
>>80177855
This is the first trump poster to ever make me angry, gj dude
>>
>>80174743
you were told every day of your wasted life, not our fault you didn't listen
>>
>>80177724
>Nothing to call home about
Wat did u mean by this?
>>
the book was mindblowing when i was 5
>>
File: Mansley.jpg (85KB, 997x414px) Image search: [Google]
Mansley.jpg
85KB, 997x414px
LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW
>>
>>80177915
obviously he postured himself obnoxiously, but TIG does push the whole anti-gun thing pretty fucking hard. I think its an alright kids movie, but there are literally lines like "GUNS KILL PEOPLE" "GUNS ARE BAD!" and its pretty fucking on-the-nose. kinda keeps it from being as insightful as it really wants to be
>>
>>80178030
Nan would not enjoy
>>
>>80178062
ARE YOU MAD ANON!?
>>
>>80178062
Where's the giant Mansley?
>>
>>80174743
Saw it in the cinema but don't remember it being so fucking sad

It's has a lot more impact watching as an adult
>>
It's better than any Pixar movie.
>>
Why didn't the giant shoot the nuke with one of his missiles?
>>
>>80177855
>Hunters are shown to be just regular dudes out hunting for food
>The military is portrayed as good people and any wrong doing done by them is attributed to the civilian government commander who is cowardly and feeds them false intel
>>
Was the anti-gun message really that heavy handed?

I never rewatched it as an adult but I remember feeling as thought the movie was about military overzealousness rather specifically being anti-guns.
>>
>>80178989
It's the opposite. The military are portrayed pretty positively who are forced into the shitshow by Mansley and the general is a total bro who wants nothing more than to shove his boot up Mansley's ass. He even gives the kid the only piece of the giant they found.
>>
>>80178989
Rewatched it as an adult and it was the first thing I noticed, super distracting and weird. Not to say it isn't a good movie, but fuck me if isnt jarring.

Like, whatever moral that there should have been gets completely fucking deflated by the whole gun thing. It's completely inconsistent with what the other anon said which is completely accurate >>80179100. You got two army dudes, one of which is the main villain and the other who is not. Both use guns. The distinction between Mansley and the rest of the army gets blurred. It really fucks with the movie
>>
>>80179525
Mansley isn't really part of the army. He's more like part of the FBI that investigates strange shit and somehow has authority over the military
>>
>>80180768
It's 1957 in the movie so isn't he just proto-CIA? They came into being in 54 yeah?
>>
>>80178062
SCREW MY COUNTRY I WANNA LIVE
>>
For the longest time I thought this scene was from some game, similar to Full Throttle maybe.

(And no, the movie isn't actually kino or even particularly good. Pretty overrated IMO.)
>>
>>80174743
BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING
N E W
E
W
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.