[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else collect physical Kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6034.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6034.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Anyone else collect physical Kino?
>>
>he bought a meme swtich

kys

>>>/v/
>>
>>80173182
What an odd pairing
>>
Jackie should have won many awards
>>
>>80173182
>meme blue and meme orange

P O T T E R Y
>>
>>80173182
I buy blu ray's / criterions of Films I really like.
>>
>>80173199
even /v/ hates that handheld console shit
>>
File: dog suit.jpg (93KB, 495x619px) Image search: [Google]
dog suit.jpg
93KB, 495x619px
>>80173182
>Does anyone else like to throw money down the drain buying useless, sub-par technology and media?

No.
>>
I don't trust torrenters trying to pirate my digital collection, so I went physical.
>>
>>80173270
/v/ hates fucking everything
>>80173230
Good taste.
>>
That's outdated, all about UHD now.
>>
>>80173307
UHD is a meme. Most movies aren't even released in it.
>>
I buy a few Blu Rays here and there, but only when they're cheap. I got caught up buying DVDs in the late 90s/early 00s (first DVD player was $600) and will never go that nuts again. What a fucking waste of money. I was young and had "disposable" income. I sold them all for about $2/each since they were outdated and taking up space, and I'll never do that again.
>>
>>80173403
Yeah, I agree with you there. I typically buy one or two movies a month at the most. I understand that they have literally no resale value so I don't go insane like a lot of people do.
>>
>>80173280
What's superior?
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (3MB, 2398x2473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
3MB, 2398x2473px
I picked up 6 new Blu-Rays during their recent flash sale:
Woman in The Dunes
Cries and Whispers
L'Eclisse
The Asphalt Jungle
Heaven's Gate
In The Mood For Love
>>
>>80173503
6 new <Criterion> Blu-Rays during...
>>
>>80173503
>namefag
Good taste though.
>>
>>80173503
what a pathetic waste of money.
>>
>>80173452
I don't even do a few a month. I kept the $600 DVD player for fucking ever, and it was built like a tank so it lasted. After that I was nervous to buy a BD player, but finally did when Jaws was released. That disc sold me on it. I know it's a meme, but it's one of my favorite movies and it really did look like it was filmed today. After that I bought some of my favorites and will now and then buy some stuff. Mostly now I just VPN and download 18GB DTS-HD copies of shit I'm lukewarm on.
>>
>>80173572
>what a pathetic waste of money
I don't want to be an asshole since I did it too, but this is correct. Please stop unless you're picking these up used for a few dollars each. If you're anything like me you picked them up after liking them in the theater and never actually watched them again when you bought them.
>>
>>80173182
they tried to give hershlag another oscar? top kek. bitch can't act her way out of a haystack.
>>
>>80173638
Not that anon, but I actually try to watch every movie in my collection at least once a year - some I watch multiple times
>>
>>80173638
Two reasons I buy physical media. 1) Perminant access 2) I want to support the artists whose art I enjoy. Ideally this will lead them to create/release more art I enjoy.

Most of the discs I buy are used, except Criterion which I buy new unless it's OOP.
>>
>>80173752
>I want to support the artists whose art I enjoy
>Most of the discs I buy are used
pick one
>>
>>80173865
Most, not all. Also, supporting the secondary (used) market indirectly supports the primary (new) market.
>>
>tfw not tricked by digital jew

So many normies just stream on Netflix, etc.

They always act surprised when their movies disappear on there
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.