[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did everyone's power-levels get decreased in the sequels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: matrix.png (350KB, 852x354px) Image search: [Google]
matrix.png
350KB, 852x354px
Why did everyone's power-levels get decreased in the sequels?

>Neo could take on an Agent with one hand and without looking, but in the sequels, he had to put effort into fighting

>Morpheus could leap between skyscrapers in the first Matrix, but he couldn't get down from a moving lorry unassisted?

>Trinity could "fly" through a tiny window in the first Matrix, but she couldn't jump into the building on the other side of the one she jumped out off whilst shooting guns in Reloaded.
>>
>>80158959

>morpheus pretty much takes on the twins by himself and ultimately kills them
>depowered
>>
>>80159027
Did he kill them, though? The car exploded, but it was established they don't feel pain, plus once they go into "ghost form", they regenerate to full health again, so they should've both survived the blast.
>>
>>80159086

did we ever see them again?

No?

Then they're dead.
>>
>>80158959
Morpheus got boosted. In the first one an agent beat him right away and in the second one he beats one. It was actually a pretty ludicrous powerboost tbqh.
>>
>>80158959

building jump was in the training program, nub.
>>
>>80158959

At the beginning of the second one, when he fights two agents at once, he notices they had upgrades.
>>
>>80159137
Being written out because the writers are lazy hacks and the plot didn't require them anymore doesn't mean they were killed.

When all the in-universe rules dictate they should be alive, then it's more reasonable to assume they're were in hiding somewhere.
>>
>>80159169
Morpheus only won by being lucky and taking advantage of the Agent being distracted. He would've lost if the fight was still 1v1.
>>
>>80158959
in the first movie trinity is trying to get away, when she lands in the opposite window she has her guns drawn toward it, ready to shoot the agent

in the sequel she couldnt get away so she's shooting him because hes right on top of her
>>
>>80159198
>Being written out because the writers are lazy hacks and the plot didn't require them anymore doesn't mean they were killed.

Oh yeah that doesn't sound like a personal biased opinion at all.

>When all the in-universe rules dictate they should be alive

you mean the rules that can be bent and broken? Pay attention to the fucking movie you're watching retard.
>>
>>80158959
>lorry
holy shit britbongistanians make the worst threads
>>
>>80159198
there was no in-universe rule about how they were affected by explosions

they can reform holes in their bodies when they become ghosts and become tangible again, but it's not explained if they can fully reform if its all blown up
>>
>>80159233
He had a long-ass fight with it. Compare to the first one where Smith beats him in like twenty seconds. There were no fucking distractions or at least not ones meaningful enough to justify a human that's not Neo beating an agent. It was just a monster power boost. I'm not complaining, I like it, but it doesn't make too much sense.
>>
>>80159246
The rules can be "bent and broken" only by the rebels. If you'd actually pay attention, you'd know that programs are bound to obey the laws of the Matrix. Remember that whole scene where Morpheus explains this to Neo?
>>
>>80159282
I'm pretty sure that any bodily damage can be healed, not just gunshot wounds. It's a pretty logical assumption to make, especially when the Twin were still alive and screaming when they exploded.
>>
>>80159246
>personal biased opinion

Well when you create an invincible enemy but you don't know what to do with them, so you sweep them under the rug and hope everyone forgets about them, then it's just bad writing.
>>
>>80159332
but they screamed in their ghost forms
>>
>>80158959
THE AGNT ADVANCED TRINITY I DONT REMEMBER
>>
>>80159332
>>80159685
>NO, MORPHEUS, PLEASE DONT KILL US- AAAAAAARRRRRHHHH
was a bit brutal desu
>>
>>80159198
or maybe the merovingian deleted them because they failed to get the keymaker back.
>>
>>80159685
Proving they were still alive.

>>80159729
The Agent in the first movie was also chasing Trinity. She didn't know he'd stopped running after her when she flew through the tiny window because she drew her guns immediately after landing, expecting him to follow right behind her.

Same with the Agent in Reloaded. She should've easily jumped into the building on the other side of the street instead of falling to her death.
>>
>>80159086
fire kills them
>>
>>80159832
I don't think he has the power to delete other programs, otherwise he'd have deleted the Oracle a long time ago.
>>
>>80159169
>Morpheus got boosted. In the first one an agent beat him right away
not only that, it was an upgraded agent, when no one before neo has faced a normal agent and lived
>>
>>80159841
She didn't have a running start and bursting through the window prevented her from moving the full distance.

She's not Neo.
>>
>>80159870
The oracle doesn't work for him, and also he doesn't want to delete her, he just wants her abilities for himself.
She's an important program that's important towards the running of the matrix and he understands that.
>>
>>80159938
Where was it established he wanted her abilities? When he said "Bring me the eyes of the Oracle", he meant gouge out her eyes.
>>
File: Twins.jpg (74KB, 994x420px) Image search: [Google]
Twins.jpg
74KB, 994x420px
God how I hated their smug shit-eating faces. "We can become like ghosts, lol, your bullets don't do nothing to us, lel! Are we awesome yet?!" They are totally OP and I wonder if they just could even kill Agents wither shitty fanfic power!
And when they die, they form into ghosts; denying me of a satisfying death in the last seconds like a huge big FUCK YOU! WE'RE ALBINO TWIN GHOSTS. SMUG SMUG SMUG!

almost ruins the movie for me.
>>
>>80159977
Why would he want her dead?
The red-pills and her prophecy shit have nothing to do with him, the only reason they cross paths is because he has the keymaker, and then later Neo.
>>
>>80160044
They shot at that one agent and he still dodged their bullets
>>
>>80159977
>he meant gouge out her eyes.
the posts here get worse every day
>>
>>80160044
didn't these two host a gardening show?
>>
>>80159183
What was upgraded exactly?
>>
>>80158959
They updated the code and fixed some of the exploits.
>>
>>80160260
their code
>>
>>80159183
Why bother if Neo is supposed to 'win' and restart Zion?
>>
>>80158959
They weren't though, if anything the agents got a major nerf. "Upgrades" my ass.
>>
>>80160600
Watch the first fight in Reloaded then come back you retard monkey piece of shit cunt motherfucker bitch
>>
Agents were upgraded specifically to take Neo out, which is why he struggled against them.
Morpheus because a nigga with a samurai sword is automatically badass.
>>
Reloaded > Animatrix > Matrix Online >> Matrix > Path of Neo > Enter the Matrix >>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the fuck the third film was called
>>
>>80160527
Meaning?
>>
>>80160691
It doesn't actually mean anything.
>>
File: GhostDog1-1600x900-c-default.jpg (300KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GhostDog1-1600x900-c-default.jpg
300KB, 1600x900px
>>80160674
>nigga with a samurai sword
Well said.
>>
>>80160691
they had superior code making them better fighters
>>
>>80160691
You'll die alone.
>>
>>80160718
Is that a warning?
>>
>>80161179
a promise
>>
File: lost-live-togegether.jpg (52KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
lost-live-togegether.jpg
52KB, 760x570px
>>80160718
>>
>>80158959
>tfw suddenly you want to watch The Matrix again

Oh god damnit, /tv/.
>>
>>80161378
why don't you just watch it instead of being a queer?
>>
>>80159248
[...]also called a lorry in the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, and India
>>
>>80161440
>>80159248
BTFO.
>>
File: hobo neo morpheus.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hobo neo morpheus.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Why did Neo and Morpheus become Hobos?
>>
>>80161595
why are you such a worthless faggot?
>>
>>80161687
>Projection: The Post
>>
>>80158959
>Neo could take on an Agent with one hand and without looking, but in the sequels, he had to put effort into fighting
they got upgraded, as he says
>Morpheus could leap between skyscrapers in the first Matrix, but he couldn't get down from a moving lorry unassisted?
that was in their training program he did that, he put easy mode cheats on to impress neo
>Trinity could "fly" through a tiny window in the first Matrix, but she couldn't jump into the building on the other side of the one she jumped out off whilst shooting guns in Reloaded.
that was just over an alley, not an entire downtown street
>>
>>80161720
morpheus and neo hobo huh huh, is that what passes for a fucking joke now? Fuck you cunt
>>
>>80161765
>is that what passes for a fucking joke now?

Nothing can match your life mate, so everything looks shit in comparison.
>>
>>80161810
i've lived a pretty sad life anon, it wouldn't be a joke in anyone's eyes
>>
File: ghost hug woo woo.gif (58KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
ghost hug woo woo.gif
58KB, 438x438px
>>80161832
I'm... I'm sorry anon....
>>
>>80161191
Damn. Why are you so mean to me?
>>
Agents in the first movie basically only went hax mode if their life was in danger, i.e. being shot at.

After Neo "awakens" at the end of the first movie, they basically get upgraded to have superhuman strength and reflexes. Or in other words, abuse the Matrix for offensive purposes rather than self-preservation.
>>
>>80162256
I wasn't mean to you, just clarifying another anon
>>
>>80160044
>where are all the scenes of Smith slowly taking over the Matrix
>aside from that one part before the burly brawl, where were all the Agents that try and stop the infection
>where are the scenes of Exiles and Agents trying to fight Smith and being overtaken
>where is the scene where Smith catches up to the Merovingian and have a brief convo before being taken over
>>
>>80158959
nigga what

>a SINGLE AGENT is enough to make the entire team piss themselves, Morpheus can't even fucking touch the one he fights

meanwhile in the second one
>Morpheus fights two fucking flying ghosts and kicks their ass and does all sorts of crazy shit he couldn't in the first
>Trinity kicks more ass than ever
>Neo fights a hundred Agents at once

If anything my question is what the fuck happened to Morpheus and Trinity to make them so much stronger in the second one?
>>
>>80159137
That's not how fiction works. Nobody is dead unless you see the body, and even then they might be faking it.
>>
>>80163448
They probably spent their down-time training with Neo.
>>
>>80163452
give it up faggot
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.