[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vaugue/Undefined Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Thehaunting1963.png (270KB, 325x465px) Image search: [Google]
Thehaunting1963.png
270KB, 325x465px
What are some horror/thriller/mystery films where the true culprit behind all the horror is left vague/undefined?

Films I've seen like this:

>The Blair Witch Project
>The Haunting (1963)
>The Shining
>Picnic at Hanging Rock
>Lovely Molly (Probably the creepiest film I've ever seen, and nobody else seemingly has)
>The Borderlands
>The Tunnel
>>
>>80145257
idk
>>
>>80145257

>The Tunnel
It was clearly the monster
>>
>>80145257
Long Weekend (the 70's aussie version)
>>
Hour of the Wolf
>>
I'm going to (on-topic) blogpost about The Haunting and its personal significance to me. Bumping this bread to keep it not stale.
>>
>>80145257

So I'm a young teenager and the parents decide to let me watch The Shining with them, I end up really liking it and it ends up being one of my favorite Kubrick movies, all memes aside.

There's healthy family discussion of the movie, and I ask dad what his favorite scary movie is. He tells me about The Haunting, and over the next several years, he describes it again and again, and how he hasn't seen it in years. Finally TCM screens it, and he videotapes it. Then I see it. I had a vague idea from dad's description that it was a grainy 70s color movie, but it turns out to be b/w.

Anyway it's really good, and now I've seen one of dad's favorite movies.

Something about "The Haunting". there is also "The Haunted House on the Hill" (not to be confused with the haunting of hill house!), "on the hill" being a cheesier thing with Vincent Price. To confuse matters even further, /both of these/ flicks got remade at almost exactly the same time circa 2000, with slightly different titles. Therefore I'm talking about four movies overall. They all have redeeming qualities except for the "The Haunting" remake itself. The original "The Haunting" is the best of this bunch.

The Haunting was directed by Robert Wise, one of the all-time heavies in the Hollywood industry. Just look at his CV and you'll understand what I mean.
>>
>>80145257
La vampire nue?
>>
>>80145257
Alice Sweet Alice
Suicide Club
Mulholland Dr.
>>
YellowBrickRoad
>>
>>80145257
the mist
kairo (pulse)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.