[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Breaking Bad.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Bad.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
Is this the pinnacle of tv?Also how did Bryan Cranston played such a role?This is the top-tier acting.
>>
>>80110808
it's a comfy show.
>>
>>80110808
It was good but it's not the pinnacle. TD season 1 is the pinnacle of tv.
>>
File: thread.png (450KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
thread.png
450KB, 960x640px
>>80110922
>>
>Is this the pinnacle of tv?
No
>>
you're memeing but I really do love this show
>>
>pinnacle of TV?
It stopped being good when it lost its dark comedy aspect
>>
>>80110808
can you fuck off faggot?
>>
>>80110808
if they ended it at the end of season 4 (and didn't put in the dumb laptop subplot that's literally just a season hook) it would be a 10/10
>>
>>80110922
Total Drama Island was pretty good, but Total Drama action was so much better imo
>>
>>80110808
>pinnacle of tv
Literally stopped being talked about a month after it finished.
The Sopranos is better in all ways, and still has active discussion.
>>
File: walt cheese1.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
walt cheese1.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
yes, i cant you seriously if you dont know Breaking Bad is the best (non-comedy) TV show ever made
>>
>>80110808
early BB seasons had a lot of weird and slow tension that I enjoyed

mid BB was comfy and had a lot of progression

later BB especially at the end got too fast for me

what I liked about BB was those episodes were he was still a human being scratching and clawing his empire out of insurmountable odds

I still liked BB to the end but it was less interesting when his problems were like "oh no I have barrels of cash also my brother in law in onto me"

his BIL was always onto him but he couldn't just murder everybody and solve his problems for an episode
>>
>>80110808
It's alright but every time Walt tries to do anything Jesse fucks it up and most of the show is just Jesse trying to "get clean" then breaking down.

The Wire is def the pinnacle of TV
>>
>>80111011
No. Watch more shows and stop being a pleb
>>
>>80111042
let me guess, you think sopranos, mad man, and walking dead is better
>>
>>80110808
The pinnacle of basic access TV
>>
>>80111076
The walking dead is complete and utter trash, but yeah mad men and the sopranos are both better than breaking bad. I'm guessing you haven't watched either.
>>
>>80111002
funny guy right here
>>
>>80111025
I disagree with that breakdown

First two seasons are a really novel and fun mix of dark comedy, character study, and crime/domestic drama (Sopranos-lite). It balanced episodic plots with overarching narrative really well to fill the gaps in the writing, particularly it's very weak supporting cast and obvious endgame

The second Gus was introduced though it lost me. No more contained stories (save the amazing Fly), much less comedy, and the drive of the show becomes too much about working for Gus, being scared by Gus, stopping Gus, etc for 2 entire seasons. They completely lost the plot of a science teacher being corrupted by his ego and poisoning the people he loves for a straightforward crime story with horrible pacing

>what I liked about BB was those episodes were he was still a human being scratching and clawing his empire out of insurmountable odds

What I liked was it was a show that almost seemed to mock the beta-male power fantasy that Walt has for himself, until it fell in love with that fantasy too
>>
>>80111286
But it never fell in love with it.You almost never see Walt in power other than couple scenes like ''say my name'' and Walt killing neo-nazis is fine by me since we needed this to satisfy but I only wish it was some other way.Walt does shit tons of plans and his end game is a machine gun attached to back of the truck.What would happen if they just check?
>>
>>80110808
It was a good show but had some problems with the biggest one being the weak bad guys at the end. Characters like Gus and Mike were fantastic, the shallow neo nazi's were shit in comparison and they ended up being the final bad guys.

Also I understand complaints that things went too well for Walt in the end but I'm ok with his plan working out as well as it did. The "I did it for me" scene showed a true change in his character finally so it didn't bug me when things went off without a hitch for him after that, felt like he deserved it. Also he did fucking die and ruin many people's lives I mean it's not like he got away with it all or anything.
>>
>>80111286
>beta-male power fantasy

I do think this was one of the most interesting parts of the show. "What does it mean to be a man in modern society?" was clearly a big theme and I did enjoy that aspect of it. I don't entirely agree with your assessment but it was great watching a show exploring this theme especially since you don't see it explored that often imo.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.