[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the critics like BvS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster[1].jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster[1].jpg
124KB, 257x380px
Why didn't the critics like BvS?
>>
>>80106135
I think there was such a knee-jerk reaction in general to it. Critics were harsh, Armond White had to gravitate the opposite way and give it love.

I felt like it was very mediocre, but definitely not deserving of how lowly it was received. I remember 10 Cloverfield Lane came out around the same time and got like 80-90% on RT, which I felt was bullshit one way or the other because BvS was far more cohesive as a movie.

I think what it was was that critics were either paid off by Disney/Marvel or more realistically, they were big superhero fanboys and were disillusioned by the whole ridiculous premise in the title instead of trying to enjoy the ride.
>>
Too conservative
>>
Because it was a shit film

Let's all agree to stop talking about it
>>
critics hate serious comic book movies
>>
File: argentina.jpg (51KB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
argentina.jpg
51KB, 540x385px
>>80106135
I love these threads.
Keep up the good word
>>
snyder wanted to pull a nolan and botched it pretty hard by making it dull and uninteresting.
>>
>>80106135
Stop bringing the film up. Literally no one wants to talk about it and then DC fans will say "see they're talking about it, that means muh film is gud"
>>
It tried to break the colour by the numbers format that Disney is shitting out every year, to not much success
>>
>>80106135
Too much going on.
There's a lot of small details flying over the heads of people.
I didn't even notice the jar of piss until my second watch
>>
>>80106135
No quips, no stan Lee, no dance offs. Horrible film.
>>
>>80106135
Dark, gritty capeshit is no longer fashionable, critics currently prefer more cartoony capeshit like Marvel and post-First Class Xmen, BvsS wasn't a masterpiece but it got more hate than it deserved, expect critics to look on it more favourably in a few years once cartoony capeshit goes out of fashion
>>
File: Capture.png (193KB, 754x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
193KB, 754x350px
>>80107067
are you an actual retard
>>
>>80106135
It was a very sharp departure from the safe model set forth by the mcu. Pacing issues and skirting over key plot-points in the theatrical edition didn't help. Add a grim world, a story filled with nuances requiring reflection and an unfamiliar portrayal of iconic characters that the audience thought that they knew and it was an easy target for critics looking to gain some credence by shitting on a superhero film for being part of an oversaturated genre (apparently).

The real question is why was Civil War so heavily praised when it was Marvel's second weakest behind Age of Ultron?
>>
The final battle was a CGI fuckfest. I couldn't tell what was happening. Shit flying. Lasers shooting. Everything exploding. Horrible.
>>
>>80106135
BvS wasn't any worse or better than the recent marvel films at the time (Ultron, Civil War) but the darker tone makes the typical capshit flaws stand out more. The quips and light tone of the MCU distract the audience from the flaws obvious in the movie. While in serious, dark movies the audience spends more time in focus than giggling at references and lame jokes.

Both are awful, but BvS forgot to cover up the capshit
>>
File: 1479732593448.jpg (358KB, 982x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1479732593448.jpg
358KB, 982x1233px
>>80106135
>>
Because they're liberals.
>>
>>80106135
They didn't understand it
>>
>>80106135

>Considered to be too toxic hyper neo masculine for effeminate critics
>Given perks and privileges by Disney to rate this movie poorly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.