[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT sequels better than the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6693.jpg (57KB, 350x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6693.jpg
57KB, 350x517px
ITT sequels better than the original
>>
Matrix 2
>>
>inb4 Aliens and T2
They are both anus compared to the originals I'm sorry just had to clear it up because they would have been posted 100% chance.
T2 is fuckking annoying baby movie with a literal baby as the lead, I never want to hear that little cunts voice crack ever again. Don't even need to explain Aliens >let's turn horror sci-fi thriller into dumb action movie rack up those xeno body counts! Strong female btfos the entire hive and Queen! >Dude everybody died in Alien 3 anyway
>>
>>80102488

T1 was a camp, low-budget typical 1980s film with gratuitous vilolence, like Cobra with Stallone. It only became popular because of future robots. The film was shit.

T2 expanded on what made T1 interesting.
>>
>>80102488
I'll agree on Alien being as good as Aliens, however, T1 is just a bad movie
>>
>>80102582
The less stuff is explained the more interesting it is. Just show me some bad ass Arnie terminator fucking shit up not a gay terminator babysitter and a reboot cartoon.
>>
>>80102582
>T2 expanded on what made T1 interesting.

No, it didn't. It was basically a remake of T1 with better SFX. It didn't "expand" much, if anything.
>>
File: AVWNC.jpg (60KB, 292x450px) Image search: [Google]
AVWNC.jpg
60KB, 292x450px
>>
>>80102703
>remake
You watch the movies or you just shitposter?
>>
>nobody responds to the bait
good job, kids.
>>
>>80102228
Not better than the original but criminally underrated.
>Max is best russian
>>
Obligatory empire strikes back
>>
File: empireposter.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
empireposter.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>80103746
beat me to it
>>
>>80102372
b8/8 but I'm still angry
>>
Lord of the Rings: the two towers
>>
>>
>>80102228

It has a number of cool scenes, and so far as I am aware, is the only film sequel ever made to one of Kubrick's films. But it is not better than 2001.

STILL, I re-watched it recently. I never knew exactly how many astronauts were on the ship, so I took notes this time around. Basically there's eight soviets, and the three Americans (Scheider, Lithgow, Balaban), for a total crew of 11. Of these, just one (Max) is presumably killed when he gets spun off by the big monolith, but I suppose it's possible that Max goes into a stargate of his own: we don't see exactly what happens to Maxs' probe. I've recognized the Max actor from other things where they need a "go-to-Russian-sorta guy".

The interiors are EXTREMELY derivative of Alien.

The four Soviet speaking roles are Helen Mirren as Kirbuk (her name is said just once during the movie, when I checked), Max, "Dr. Orlov", the black-haired astro-science dude, and the (medical) Doctor Rudenko (shorter, bald), who freezes and un-freezes people, and pays attention to medical issues generally.

TECHNICALLY the other female chickie has an English speaking role "no English", a big deal in a Hollywood movie, but that's about it. She doesn't contribute other meaningful English dialogue to the film. The other three guys are background fodder and have no English lines; they tend to be up on the bridge helping Helen Mirren's character actually fly the ship. Actually, I take it back: one of these three does have a brief speaking line of his own, just after they lose the Europa probe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.