[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Screenwriting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: screen_mac.png (189KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screen_mac.png
189KB, 1280x800px
Where the fuck can I get a torrent for Fade In Professional for Windows? Anyone willing to help an aspiring screenwriter?

Also, Screenwriting thread
>>
Hard to come by. Screenwriting is niche. I doubt anyone cracked it. I still use Final Draft 8.
>>
>>80100300
>not using amazon storywriter
>>
>>80100344
It's bizarre, because I stumbled upon it about a year ago.

>>80100360
Redpill me on it
>>
>>80100520
storywriter.amazon.com
(it's online only)
>>
>>80100300

Dreadful, rewrite it, reads like fan fiction for Men in Black or something
>>
>>80100632
Wow, that makes it actually quite convenient. Thanks, will try out.

>>80100752
It's a randomly snatched image from google, senpai.
>>
Are you me OP? I desperately want the full version and cracks are hard to come by
>>
>>80101144
Cracks are fucking non-existing, and I swear to God there was a nifty torrent about a year ago on tpb available, but it's gone.
>>
How do you guys write characters?
>>
>>80100300
Hears a tip for screenwriting: you're not writing a book
If you want to write a book, write a book

If you're writing a script, the majority of that crap can be cut

Eg
>EXT DAWN
>Outside the BULLWORTH-BEACH BUILDING
>A NIGHT JANITOR enters and sits on a bench, sighing in the process. He places a cigarette in his mouth and stumbles with the lighter. During this process, the cigarette falls onto the ground.
>NIGHT JANITOR mutters under his breath as he reaches down to grab the cigarette. As he does this, a speck appears high on the building behind him. It slowly gets closer. It's falling towards him

Everything is unneeded and will hinder your chances of anyone reading your script, nevermind producng it

(I've just seen that you didn't write it. Nonetheless, still applies in case you thought that seemed like a good example and I've already typed this out)
>>
>>80100300
Use Final Draft, anon.
>>
>>80101540
Write dialogue
Write them in random scenes unrelated to your story for reference sake
Make a list of their motivations; whatever works for you really

Me? I just write them, I have a relatively clear conception of them in my head
>>
>>80101558
I think the best description of this is that style shouldn't show in a script, outside of dialogue. Any director should be able to adapt it as their own.
>>
>>80100300
Pay for it, anon. Invest in yourself. Paying for it will also give you a little extra motivation to make it worth it. Buy the program, anon.
>>
>>80101761
Okay Kent
>>
>>80101745
Basically
Some style is okay, but only really thematically and in dialogue
But allowing the director to adapt it is key

Unless you are the director of course in which case it doesn't matter since you don't need to sell it to anyone except your actors
>>
>>80102015
Imho that's where keeping script notes comes in handy. Helps remember your stylistic ideas when translating to life but keeps the script simple for actors
>>
Anyone actually make shit?
>>
>>80102689
I make screenwriting programs and I'm very upset that others are trying to steal them
>>
Just use vim my man.
>>
>>80100300
OFCOURSE it's a mac.
>>
>>80103204
make something less stupid
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.