[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I loved Black Mirror. Almost every single episode. Except this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: san-junipero.jpg (113KB, 1600x727px) Image search: [Google]
san-junipero.jpg
113KB, 1600x727px
I loved Black Mirror. Almost every single episode. Except this piece of shit. Was there anything to it besides "lmao lesbian love"?
It didn't fit into the rest of the series at all especially because the ending was all lovey dovey. Fuck this. I noticed that BM is pretty PC but I found that it was actually handling diversity in a good way, in a way that's not in your face about it. But San Junipero was literally only "LOOK. THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT A GAY LOVE STORY, LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE"

Literally ruined the entire series.
>>
>>>/pol/
you have to go back
>>
>>80099867

This has nothing to do with /pol/. The episode was just pretty shit overall and I don't get how it's so praised by critics, because it really has no merits to it.
>>
>>80099920
The entire 3rd season is shit tier and it shows. The dip in quality is laughable.
>>
>>80099867
you have to go back tumblr
>>
>>80099920
any person I know outside of this right wing pokemon forum thought that this episode was beautiful including me but that's not the point. taste may differ. but OP is clearly just a bitter faggot.
>>
>>80099794
no one will ever love you
>>
>ends well as a loyal wife decides to share in her husbands principle
>LOL JK AND SO THE DYKES RODE INTO SUNSET
>>
>>80099794
IMO the entire series was never able to surpass the first episode of season one.

I can't like Black Mirror as a whole because the quality is so inconsistent.
>>
/pol/ hates one of the top 3 episodes in the show. No surprise.
>>
>>80100033

Seriously. In a series that's all about how people lose their humanity to technology, this time choosing technology over humanity is positive because it's the dyke choosing the degenerate lifestyle over the normal lifestyle. Ending should have been middle point of the episode. Ending should have been their souls going mad in eternal boringness in that shitty virtual reality. (Seriously, if you could live in any reality you'd want, why'd you choose a red light circle for the rest of your life)
>>
>>80099794
You forgot the part where the nigger cunt betrayed her "beloved" husband for the naive, mentally broken whore she met in a virtual reality game.

Pretending heaven is real for a sec, he's up there waiting for her and she's never gonna show up because she decided to upload her consciousness into her lesbian pal's wet dream.
>>
good episode
>>
>>80100118

What was so good about it?
White Christmas was good.
Be right back was good.
Hated by the Nation was good.
Fifteen Million Merrits was good.
Entire History of you was good.

But this was just pure shit. Even fucking Waldo was better than this.
>>
>>80100176
It wasn't even really them that got uploaded.

Just a copy, like in White Christmas.
>>
>>80099969
It went to shit in season 2. You just have terrible taste.
>>
>>80100801

Only bad episode of Season 2 was Waldo
>>
I skipped most part of this episode because it was fucking boring.

And fully watched all other episodes
>>
>black girl gave up being in heaven with her husband for this girl she basically just met

No she didn't, fuckwits.

Remember, there's different endings when you play with two people.
>>
>>80100843
>Only bad episode of Season 2 was Waldo
It's the only one that came true tho
>>
instead of heaven with her husband and dead child for eternity, she chose a hedonistic simulation for drug-fueled raves with some dyke she barely knew for however long it takes for the servers to crash

pretty accurate depiction of women to be honest famalam
>>
>>80099920
No one other than /pol/ would be so into offense taking culture on 4chan as to be triggered by some lesbians.
>>
>>80100421
of course it was them.

why would anyone pay to make a copy of themselves inserted into a program filled with other copies if they themselves couldn't tune in?
>>
>>80099794
I think it fits in there. The end result of human sentience being a giant data server in the middle of the desert hosting what is essentially a video game for the recently deceased to relive their youth is ever so slightly disturbing, it just doesn't hit you over the head like Playtest or whatever other overly-dramatic episode.
>>
>>80100952
>Remember, there's different endings when you play with two people.
what does that even mean
>>
>>80101088

The worst part really is their idea about "heaven". Goes to show you what a shit tier generation the Baby Boomers were.
>>
>>80101221
They can't get a refund when they're dead :^)
>>
It had some interesting underlying ideas about humans achieving immortality in some form. Guess you fixated on the gay stuff for some reason.

Still an overrated episode, but it wasn't terrible.
>>
>>80101217
>people hated it because it had lesbians
>reeee /pol/

just stop faggot, it was a shit episode and it would've been a shit episode if it was a hetero romance

I'm beginning to hate the anti-/pol/ posters more than /pol/ posts, just screaming about the board when anyone has criticisms of something is obnoxious
>>
>>80099794

>literally ruined the entire series

No it did not
>>
Hahaha damn /tv/, never change.
>>
>>80101328

This. Imagine if the couple was hetero. Picture how shit and boring the love story and episode would be. That's how people view the episode who don't get a hard on for everything just because it's progressive
>>
>>80099794
>if a story has gay characters in it that means the episode is 10/10 best of the series and if you disagree your a homoephobic cishit and have to go to >>>/pol/

/r/eddit killed this board
>>
>>80100007
This is contrarian troll central. Some trolls are repeated so much some of the more ignant start to think it's a valid, serious criticism.
>>
>>80101328
/tv/ hates everything that has homosexual or feminist tones to it. And no, don't lie, if it was a hetero romance nobody in here would have said shit even if it was boring. By the way, OP's argument is just based on the premise that because it had a lesbian romance, it was ''progressive'', so nah, fuck off.
>>
>>80101449
>If it has lesbians in it, it's automatically progressives trying to brainwash me and I am inclined to dismiss it as pure shit regardless of whether I actually enjoyed the episode or not or saw any value in it whatsoever
>>
>>80101544

No of course nobody would have said shit, because if it was straight people the episode would've been panned by critics too because everyone would realize how shit it was making it pointless to point out how shit it is.
>>
>>80101621
Nah, critics would have said it was a good episode, because it was. It's just that you faggots just see a homosexual romance and get all insecure and unable to see beyond that.
>>
>>80099794
>ending was all lovey dovey
Ending was anything but. Black lady spent half the episode talking about how her daughter had died and her husband refused San Junipero because he couldn't imagine eternity without her, and how the black lady was just enjoying life a bit before she joined them. And how she'd been married for sixty years and the little cunt-mashing fling she had with the autistic white girl was just that- a fling. Incomparable.

Then suddenly at the end- "lol fuck you dead husband and daughter, ima get that white pussy for eternity swiggity swooty!"

The movie had even gone into detail that the longer people were in San Junipero, the more of their humanity they lost. People congregated in depraved sex dungeons just hoping to experience something resembling emotion again. Literally rejected her husband, daughter and heaven to go to hell.
>>
>>80101544
I'd have had the same argument if the white girl was a white guy. That black lady's tearful story about her husband refusing the program so he could be in heaven with their daughter, and her admission that more of her long life had been spent married and in love with him than not? Choosing to spend forever in a simulation that slowly kills your ability to feel to fuck someone new and abandoning your family is absolute shit, especially when the show goes out of its way to paint it like she did the right thing.

Of course, YOUR argument would've been the same. "Oh, it's just because she's a woman who picked a new lover. Go back to /pol/ with your misogyny, omg!"
>>
>oh noes, it's about teh lezbains
stay classy, shi/tv/ille
>>
>>80101954
>>80102078

Yeah I really didn't get the ending. Right upto the last scene the black lady was dead against it, then with no explanation she joins in in the last minute.

I was expecting the final sequence to be the white girl going off on her own, trying to figure out how to live and that geeky guy with the glasses that kept showing up hooking up with her. Or something that showed the world was hollow and unfulfilling because literally nothing that happens there matters.

Black mirror has never had a problem with unhappy or ambiguous endings before, this one was too sweet and clear cut.
>>
>>80101954
I guess that's the biggest aspect to it not being a completely happy ending, despite the upbeat music, which was immediately overshadowed by the creep spectacle of the facility this 'heaven' they found exists within. That and she's effectively trapped there for eternity. The concept of accepting a gratifying mock-up of paradise over taking your chances with the uncertainty of mortality is another thing.
>>
Well, if you weren't triggered so far out of your depth and so distracted by the perceived surplus of vaginas in the leading couple, you'd take some seconds to ponder about the actual feasibility of the (two) technologies presented in this episode, only to realize that, while the simulation for living people is plausible, the whole hi-tech immortality it's too far-fetched for the time period (circa mid 21th Century) it's supposed to take place in. Then, questioning the actual possibility of uploading one's consciousness into a synthetic device, as opposed to merely producing a NPC that only mimics a dead person, you start to wonder if the free 5-hours-a-week trial is just a way of conning desperate people into selling euthanasia+digiheaven packages, with the consent of the state because such people are, for the most part, not useful in the real world. Heaven is a place on Earth! As in, nothing but a comforting lie that we tell people to take advantage of their fear of going into eternal oblivion. Same old follies, now, with tech.

Sounds like a Black Mirror episode, now, doesn't it? That's the beauty of San Junipero; it can be seen as the one happy episode - euphoric at that - or it can be seen as one of the most tragic ones, also the most cynical, as the shady implications are hidden below layers of wish fulfillment, pretty visuals and uppbeat 80s music. A soundtrack full of nostalgic greatness, eye-catchy art direction (rival only to Nosedive and White Christmas), a story that messes with the fee-fees, all of this while, even when taken at face value, evoking discussion about the limits of AI technology, faith and existential stuff.

And yet, all some people take from this is REEEEEEE GTFO SJW PANDERING. Besides everything else, San Junipero is a pleb filter like no other episode (as even The Waldo Moment can be misinterpreted as a nod to anti-PC rhetoric).
>>
>>80101445
Of course the story would be different if it was hetero couple. The white girl was paralyzed in a car accident because she rushed out of the house in anger after she came out to her parents and her parents didn't accept it. She's finally able to experience romance during her last moments through technology.
>>
>>80102535
But she says you can leave out whenever you like, deleting yourself form the sever
>>
File: cant.png (43KB, 171x172px) Image search: [Google]
cant.png
43KB, 171x172px
>>80100176
>Pretending heaven is real for a sec

Can't.
>>
>>80102600

Yeah
Except the episode delved into nothing of that. That's just what you made up yourself. Half the episode they didn't even make clear it's a virtual reality. In fact your theory is completely blown out by the fact that Euthanasia is still iillegal and that the red hair girl had to go over hoops to finally kill herself and to her it was nothing but positive. Of course the concept of a virtual reality replacement for heaven is an interesting concept, nobody argues against that. The disappointing thing is that they failed to make an interesting story out of it.
>>
>>80102946
>Half the episode they didn't even make clear it's a virtual reality.
That's part of the slow, fun reveal of a mystery.

For the first half, I thought these were people with special access to some kind of time travel tech, and they were only supposed to go to certain clubs in certain definite periods.

The only thing that really didn't feel smooth was the sudden change of heart of the old woman at the end, but then that's what makes for a happy ending.
>>
>>80102078
>>80102507
Exactly. This episode was shite
All of the season 3
>>
>>80103851
And yet here you are, probably with pants around your ankles surfing several other threads atm.
>>
>>80100033
>>80100152

That didn't even register with me immediately after I watched it. I thought they they just made a simulation of the black chick and the other chick couldn't tell because she was just a computer program or something. From memory is the only episode that has a happy ending
>>
First season is great
Second is good
Third is just American tier shit
>>
>>80102946
>Half the episode they didn't even make clear it's a virtual reality.

Why did you write this like its a bad thing?
>>
File: 1378130522296.jpg (43KB, 496x520px) Image search: [Google]
1378130522296.jpg
43KB, 496x520px
>>80099794
I loved it and so did you. Yet another thread fishing for argumentative replies.

I know why you did it though, this will get more (You)s than just a straight "I enjoyed this" thread.

Such is life on this meme board.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.