[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cared so little about the Academy Awards, I only just found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Best.jpg (39KB, 572x357px) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
39KB, 572x357px
I cared so little about the Academy Awards, I only just found out that Damian Chazelle won Best Director. Cinema is the director's medium - whoever wins Best Director directed the best picture - the seperation is a classical Hollywood relic. Awarding Moonlight Best Picture was just giving the baby its bottle - nobody in the future will be under any illusion about where the real merit lay this year.
>>
Obey, you fucking cunts.
>>
>>80092163
Huh?
>>
>>80091579

looool La La Land is such a piece of Oscar baity bullshit. It'll be forgotten in 6 months. Soulless, unimaginative pap.
>>
File: 47-50.jpg (315KB, 1073x1600px) Image search: [Google]
47-50.jpg
315KB, 1073x1600px
(((La La Land)))
>>
directing awards are all about ambition and not always about the overall quality of the film, gravity and life of pi are recent examples
>>
>>80092217
It bore no resemblance to Oscar bait. No film like that has ever won an Oscar. Of course it won't be forgotten - it may have revived a great genre.
>>
>>80092263
No, the best director is the director of the best film, film is a director's medium, I'm not having a discussion with you, I'm telling you, you fucking wog.
>>
>>80092243
Fuck off Farrakhan, the booga booga movie is not our dish.
>>
>>80092315

You are a hopelessly pathetic pleb. There are still musicals that come out every year (see: Chi-Raq, XXL, etc), it's only this hilariously plebeian piece of nostalgic bullshit that has been seen by plebs like yourself because you just go see the most popular, hyped movie out at any given moment. You have no interest in film, why are you pretending that you do?
>>
>>80092345
you're not just wrong, you're stupid
>>
>>80092377
No there aren't. If you don't find any legitimate backing for a claim, you should delete it, not surround your ignorance with brackets and move on regardless. I know more about film than you ever will - you're watching Spike Lee shit in 2017.
>>
>>80092448
No, I'm correct, film is the director's medium. This is simply fact. Your petulance about fact is inane.
>>
fantastic film tbqhwyfams
>>
>>80091579
Show us what you've directed.
>>
>>80091579
>pander to Hollywood with a dreamy love letter to a shit city
>still get shafted

Enjoy your consolation Oscar, Damian!
>>
Garbage musical that pleb ass retards like OP eat up and think it's some high art.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.