[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /tv/ think of this flick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
What did /tv/ think of this flick?
>>
What's it about?
>>
>>80060345
James McAvoy is great. Probably because he is Scottish, and not cuckold english.
>>
>>80060345
bretty good desu
>>
It was just ok
>>
>>80060373

and yet he's dropped his scotch accent for an english one to get work.

your status = blown the fuck out.
>>
James McAvoy is great as always, but I thought the movie was pretty stupid.
>>
>>80060345
above average
pretty depressing overall
>>
>>80060373
Scotland is full of cucks. You're the Sweden of the UK
>>
every normie I know hated this film for some reason.

I personally enjoy a good anti-hero protagonist tho
>>
>>80060345
ending was disappointing, was good until then.
>>
>>80061036
What aspect of it? The tranny stuff? The suicide?
>>
>>80060456
>>80060520
>pissweak triggered fancy boys
>>
>>80060345
The mid-film tone change is masterful
>>
>>80061326
Not the same guy you're replying to, but I thought the tranny stuff was exceptionally stupid. The way they tried to misdirect the audience with those fantasy sequences, then play it like some big plot twist when you find out McAvoy was crossdressing all along, and then it barely even matters to the plot of the film. It was just very poorly handled by the filmmakers
>>
v good film

I love me some underage blowjobs
and I love me some McAvoy
>>
>>80061326
yeah it was over the top, not a good twist, didn't feel related at all.
>>
>>80061456
>>80061564

Idk senpai, I'd say learning that he's so unhinged he crossdresses and fucks fat old men is fairly integral. It's meant to be ITT and uncomfortable as fuck cos that's what the whole movie is. It accomplishes a completely unlikeable and disgusting protagonist when usually they just become anti-heroes.
>>
>>80060345
one of mcavoy's best performances, and overall a good movie. i saw it after seeing it was listed as a comedy on imdb and it turned out to be very depressing, so wasn't sure what to feel about that.

what's interesting is how recognizable irvine welsh's adaptations are. half an hour in and i figured it was one of his novels.
>>
the best movie i ever saw , unironically my favorite movie
>>
>>80061644
I haven't seen the movie in a while, but by the point the "twist" came, they had already done so much to establish him as a pathetic, unlikeable protagonist that I just didn't really care that he was ALSO a crossdressing gay hooker. It was just one more piece of shit on a massive pile of shit.

It would've been fine if the director hadn't tried to play it like a "Fight Club"-style mind-blowing reveal. I think the whole style of the film is what I disliked about it - for some reason the director couldn't stop trying to make everything seem "cool" and flashy, when the source material is just pure grime, sleaze and misery. The tone of the film was all over the place
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.