[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I watch X-Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: X-men.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
X-men.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
I am ready to watch the X-men series. I haven't seen any of the movies, and I'm wondering which I should watch, and in what order.

I don't mind skipping the mediocres, read the wiki on them and watching only the "highlights", like the Quicksilver scene from Apocalypse.

srs answers/discussion would be great.
>>
Release order you fucking faggot what the fuck is your problem jesus christ
>>
>>80058906
>>80058906
watch 1,2, the wolverine--not wolverine origins--- then maybe watch the first class trilogy
>>
>>80058906
W:O, FC, DP, 1, FoTP, 3, BRaP, 2, 2, FC, 1, APOC, 2, LOGG, 1, 3
>>
>>80058906
doesn't matter, the consistency is fucked anyways, just read a wiki and start however you want
>>
File: 1469840116436.png (59KB, 1004x805px) Image search: [Google]
1469840116436.png
59KB, 1004x805px
>>80059027
>BRaP
>LOGG

not today satan
>>
>>80058906
>X-Men
>X2
>First Class
>X3 (I have an untested theory that with it being retconned, it won't seem as bad)
>Wolverine
>DoFP
>Logan
>Apocolypse
>>
>>80058951
OP here. Of course release order, but I don't wanna watch cancerous crap like the Wolverine prequel
>>
>>80059115
why logan before apocalypse? Logan has a final ending for the whole X-Men movie universe
>>
>>80059534
>Logan has a final ending for the whole X-Men movie universe
No it doesn't. It's the ending for the original trilogy cast. They're still gonna be making more X-Men movies with the new cast.
>>
>>80059533

It's all part of the journey
>>
>>80059748
what I meant is that to date, it's chronologically the final movie, in which they mention the death and disappearance of all the mutants by 2029
>>
>>80058906
Watch them in release order, but skip Origins: Wolverine.

The Wolverine (2013) and Deadpool don't matter much in terms of continuity, so they can be skipped, or watched whenever.
>>
>>80059027
wtf am I reading?
>>
In this order

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
Wolverine origins (skip this one it's shit)
First class
The wolverine
Days of future past
Apocalypse
Logan
>>
>>80059923
Yeah, that's fair. It depends on how you look at it, then. I like the idea of it being the final moment of the original cast, and then the torch being officially handed off to the new one.
>>
>>80058906

just watch the series in chronological order

>post-credits scene of DofP
>opening scene of Apocalypse
>opening scene, civil war and WW1 sections of Origins opening montage
>opening scene of X1
>first two scenes of First Class
>D-Day section of Origins opening montage
>opening scene of The Wolverine
>all other flashbacks in The Wolverine
>the rest of First Class
>rest of Origins
>first two scenes of Last Stand
>rest of X1
>X2
>rest of X3
>rest of The Wolverine
>all future scenes of Days of Future Past
>all past scenes of Days of Future Past
>rest of Apocalypse
>all flashback scenes in Deadpool
>taxi ride and car chase up until crash sequence of Deadpool
>opening credits of Deadpool
>rest of Deadpool
>Logan
>>
>>80060287
>not watching events that take place in the different timelines at the same time on two different monitors
>>
>>80059875
I don't want the full journey and experience, I want good movies
>>
chronologically by year of release
>>
>>80060355
kek
>>
>>80060050

You don't have to watch Apocalypse either.

That is only if you want to continue the X-men continuity.

It splits after days of future past and that is the one where the wolverine from x-men dies.
>>
>>80060371
>I want good movies
Then you probably shouldn't watch any of them.
>>
>>80060371

literally just watch Logan, which is kino, all others are capeshit
>>
>>80060287

missed Legion between Deadpool and Logan, pleb
>>
>>80059027
>>80060287
the only correct answer
>>
>>80058906

Start with X-Men: Evolution, then The Dark Knight series, next is Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (including the Blade movies), interspersed throughout the Marvel movies you should watch the Spider-Man movies. Then finish with the X-Men animated series from the end of the last century. Oh, I almost forgot, you should also watch Inception. Now that is how you watch the X-Men franchise.
>>
File: bryan-singer.png (201KB, 1160x640px) Image search: [Google]
bryan-singer.png
201KB, 1160x640px
>>80058906
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80063198
>is a pedophile

P I C K E D U P
>>
>>80060287
>no Kate and Leopold

how is he going to understand the time travel without the movie that introduces it when Sabertooth brings past Wolverine to the present?
>>
>>80058906
Why don't you just watch them in order they were released like every other person who saw these movies
>>
I just watched Apocalypse today and my god is it shit. I remember First Class being alright and thought Days of Future Past was great but what happened with this pile of shit?

Don't bother with this at all.
>>
None of it.
Everyone dies so Logan goes back in time and everyone is saved, but then everyone is dead again for Logan.
>>
>>80058906
>>80063558

You just made me remember that most of the X-Men films aren't X-Men films, they are really Wolverine movies with the X-Men as just secondary characters, or in the case of X-Men: DoFP, tertiary characters who get killed off over and over again by the sentinels.
>>
File: 1488056840475.jpg (18KB, 216x188px) Image search: [Google]
1488056840475.jpg
18KB, 216x188px
>>80060287

Just when I think there's no reason to come here anymore, I see shit like this.
>>
>>80059027

What does this even mean? These aren't XMen movies.
>>
>>80058906

But dude, seriously, check out X-Men: Evolution. In that animated series, they have episodes where X-Men characters who aren't Wolverine are just as capable of doing heroic stuff and even get character development. When I men heroic stuff, like neutralizing the U.S. military without killing anyone, stopping criminals without killing them, stopping disasters from happening like defeating the Juggernaut before he destroys a dam or using their powers to stop two trains from colliding and crashing or at least using their powers to mitigate the damage from the explosions of the collision, etc.
>>
>>80063836
>Deadpool is not an X-Men movie
>Wolverine is not an X-Men movie
technically, but they are part of the same franchise
>>
>>80058906
>>80064067

Of course, if you've already watched the X-Men cartoon series and just want to watch movies almost always focuses on Wolverine, then go for it and watch the movies in the order they were released.
>>
X-Men
X2
Logan
Done.
>>
>>80059748

Did you even see days of future past? They can bring back anybody they want to.

But probably won't as they're too expensive
>>
>>80064130
And DOFP
>>
>>80058906
>>80064111

No, you know what, just save your money for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Wonder Woman, and the rest of the Marvel Studios movies.
>>
>>80064254
>money
speaking of, suppose I'm a buyfag and actually pay for this shit

1 bluray is $20

X-Men franchise: 10 movies = $200
MCU: 15 movies = $300
DCEU: 3 movies = $60

go for DC
>>
>>80064093

What's BRaP, and why are there just random numbers being thrown around.? Do you watch X2 twice or not at all?
>>
>>80058906
Watch them in release order

Half way through Days of Future Past, Mystique has a choice.

Choice A creates the existing timeline, leading to the Xmen movies, Wolverine movies and the start of Days.

Choice B (cause by Days) leads to Apocalypse, Deadpool & Logan.
>>
>chatting shit about origins
schrieber and jackman are on par with mcconaughey and harrelson
>>
Is Logan in the original (Villain Mystique) timeline, or the new (Hero Mystique) timeline?
>>
>>80064715
>implying X-movies have any sort of coherent continuity are not just all soft reboots
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.