[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Bloodborne work as a movie? Who would you cast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 21

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Would Bloodborne work as a movie?
Who would you cast?
>>
>>80048927
Jimmy saville as gherman
>>
File: dis guy.jpg (42KB, 761x546px) Image search: [Google]
dis guy.jpg
42KB, 761x546px
>silent protag running around dying over and over while talking to a Doll in a imaginary dreamland
>>
No.
Lovecraftian horror does not and will not work as a movie.
>>
>>80048927
Yes but it would have to be a prequel preferably with a guy/girl waking up to find the moon still up in the sky with everyone acting strange and events unravel from there it would be A 8/10 9 if they go the carpenter route with the gore
>>
File: 1488397009079.jpg (34KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488397009079.jpg
34KB, 620x413px
He already has the wardrobe and half the sets.
>>
>>80048927
video games don't work as movies because their plots are garbage
>>
>>80049014
It could people are just shit at adapting it.
Only good adapting of his work is the black and white indie 'the color out of space'
>>
>>80049014

This. Hollywood would have to cut out important details and concepts (such as there being no happy fucking ending) that are intrinsic to Lovecraftian horror.
>>
No it would not. The entire draw of the soulsborne series is the gameplay and the exploration of a cryptic world
>>
>>80049210
be veeery careful now
>>
>>80049211
True. But Hollywood never actually tries to make a good video game adaptation, they're just cheap cash grabs.
>>
>>80048927
tim burton,
depp.
why did this even need a thread
>>
File: Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg (226KB, 470x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_2_cover.jpg
226KB, 470x640px
Hotline miami adaption by Refn when?
>>
>>80049211
I think this one has a plot that could be worked into a movie. Something like the Purge in a gothic setting

>>80049399
>tim burton,
he can't do real grimdark, he's too cartoonish
>>
>>80049614
What was bloodbornes story? I thought it seemed like a purge thing but the last half was about alien looking gods and going through people's nightmares.

How would any of it work a a film?
>>
>>80049812
I lost whatever the story was about in the last half too. It would have to be an adaptation based on Bloodborne.
>>
>>80049812
Souls games have no story. They're essentially "world goes to shit, silent protagonist is a huge dick and goes around fucking everyone's shit up"
>>
No, >>>/v/
>>
>>80048983
i would watch desu
>>
mads as micolash
>>
File: bloodborne the movie.webm (1MB, 720x384px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne the movie.webm
1MB, 720x384px
No it wouldn't work. Neither would an adaptation of any of Lovecraft's short stories.

Bloodborne is about exploration. The story is told in hints and clues and there are long stretches without dialogue or much conflict. The main character is also really not a character, but an avatar who never speaks.

To turn it into a movie you'd have to condense it a lot, give it a more structured plot, and add more characters so it isn't just one person killing monsters nonstop. When you make a film that's just a person killing monsters nonstop you wind up with the god awful Resident Evil movies.

Bloodborne is engaging because its you who has to kill the monsters and find the way through the city and unlock the secrets. Watching someone else do it would just be boring.
>>
>>80050138

A movie about the Church's conflict with the Vilebloods would be alright.
>>
>>80049812
I think from what I can tell is that aliens (not actually aliens from outer space but from higher dimensions or from a different plane of existence on top of ours) come to our world and are turning human or something. The nightmare area is what the aliens are like in their true form?
>>
>>80050138
Mad Max Fury Road was about a convoy that had to just turn around when they got to nowhere at all. It went on for 2 hours and was great.
>>
Can a movie still be good without a main character who talks? Does a movie really need a speaking protagonist?
>>
>>80050215
I don't see what your point is.

Comparatively Mad Max Fury Road has a tiny story, there's no conspiracy to unravel, no ambiguity in its ending, the characters have no subtlety in their performances, and it doesn't switch genres half way through.

If you're trying to prove Bloodborne could be adapted to film, you should have picked a film that at least had one thing in common with Bloodborne.
>>
>>80049812
The story is the Hunter goes to Yarnham to kill Megro, and is used unknowingly by a Great One called the Moon Presence to kill off the other Great One's.

The story doesn't really seem fit for cinema, and I don't know how it would be adapted. With that said - story is only one aspect of cinema, the atmosphere, visuals, and emotions provoked could still make for a good experience.
>>
File: Driveline Miami.gif (1MB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
Driveline Miami.gif
1MB, 540x406px
>>80049406
I wonder if the concept would at least interest him. Both games were heavily inspired by Drive and Refn's overall style (he was even given a "Thanks" credit in the credits of HM2).

The devs have gone on record saying that Jacket is basically the Driver from Drive. Refn and Goose are bff's so make it happen.
>>
>>80049211
What's with the video games have garbage plots meme?
You really think games like VTMB or the MegaTen series have shit plots?
>>
>>80050630
>VTMB
Hey Gabe, let's pretend for one second that not everyone has an encyclopedia of games in their brain.
>>
>>80050630
I don't know what those are. But they're probably shit.
Of course their are some great games, but they wouldn't work as a movie because a movie isn't about playing a game
>>
>>80050434
It was the feeling I got watching the movie that I would compare to Bloodborne.
>>
>>80050711
Even I dont know what the fuck that is.

Viewtiful Joe???

What games even start with v....
>>
>>80050711
>Hey Gabe
He's one of the cunts reponsible for the gameplay being a mess.

If you have never heard of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (and don't know how to use Google), your thoughts on stories and plots in games aren't worth hearing.
>>
>>80048927
it could be good but then hollywood would need to cast some known actor to give the ok to the project, such as walberg or damon and it would be shit.
>>
it hardly works as a game let alone a movie
>>
>>80050569
>>80050766
What I was trying to compare Mad Max for. It works as a fireworks show. Bloodborne could just be pretty visuals and cool atmosphere the movie.
>>
>>80050734
Working well as a film adaption is irrelevant to whether something has a good story or not. You wouldn't say the same about a book.
>>
>>80050766
>muh feels
Are you a woman?
>>
>>80050799
>if you haven't heard of this abbreviation nobody uses ever
>>
File: vidocq-460931163-large.jpg (84KB, 535x775px) Image search: [Google]
vidocq-460931163-large.jpg
84KB, 535x775px
>>80050814
also the movie would need to be european like pic related or brotherhood of the wolves.
>>
>>80050844
Im a chad boy
>>
>>80050799
I'm not one of those people that think adults can't play video games or they have no artistic value, but they have to be the stupidest thing to be pretentious about. Chill out man.
>>
>>80050850
>nobody uses ever
>the first page of the google search is entirely related to the game
>>
>>80050884
I'm not being pretentious, I'm saying if you haven't heard of one of the best games around, with some of the best writing in a video game, you clearly aren't informed on the subject.

If I hadn't watched or looked a Lynch film, would I be in a good position to talk about them?
>>
>>80050996
Well yeah in the case for Lynch films. You're talking about video games as a whole, which is pretentious.
>>
>>80050996
You wouldn't be in a good place to talk about surrealism, but you could talk about other movies. Because there are a shit load of other movies and directors, just as there are games.
>>
>>80051071
>>80051078
Alright. If I only watch superhero movies, would I be in a good position to talk about the deep themes and emotions that cinema has to offer? No - I wouldn't have experienced them through superhero films, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on films. My opinion on the depth cinema has to offer is limited.

If I play video games that don't have a focus on good writing, would I be in a good position to talk about what gaming has to offer when it comes to writing? No - I can still have an opinion though.

VTMB is a game that appears on many top games lists. It is also highly regarded on /v/, in the sense that it's part of the 'core'. It is fine to have not heard of it, but not hearing of it would make me think you haven't looked out for a video game with good writing - because it would be first off of many lists.

I'm not trying to say not knowing VTMB is as bad as only watching superhero movies - my point is if you're talking about writing in gaming, it's important to at least know about the games that are seen as well written.

And if you don't know what an acronym is, it takes 2 seconds at most to google it.
>>
>>80048927
It's based on Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Watch that. It's not too bad.
>>
>>80051546
> not too bad
it was great though, but I am too scared to rewatch as it might change my decision
>>
>>80048927
too much anime fighting and CGI-dependent creatures for it to work well as a movie
>>
>>80049812
Basically ancient civilizations experimented with being from another dimension (chalice dungeons).
They started to use the blood as a cure I think there were different factions with different ideas about that knowledge and then shit happened.
>>
>>80049812
Bunch of college kids dig down, find Cthulhu, use blood of Cthulhu to cure diseases and become almighty church. Blood of Cthulhu starts turning everyone into werewolves and monsters so Church makes hunters to kill them. Eventually there are too many monsters and everything goes to shit so the church has started trying to turn themselves into gods so they can get away. You're a random foreigner that rocked up to get some of the magic blood and ended up being conscripted into the hunters, so now you run around killing shit until all the churchies, gods and monsters are dead, only to find out that the hunters were actually made by Cthulhu all along. You either become Cthulhu's new servant, or kill him and eat some umbilical cords and become new Cthulhu.
>>
>>80049614
>Something like the Purge
You couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>80048927
No, games typically need to have a plot in order to make good movies. Now can you stop making this fucking thread?
>>
>>80051609
I'd say give it a rewatch. If you change your mind on it, it might not have been good in the first place.

Not saying that it's not good, of course.
>>
>>80053736
That's a pitch for what an adaption could be like, not a description of the game.
>>
>>80048927
it's an action video game, it's all style no substance, there is nothing about it that would translate to film. /v/ you are so embarrassing.
>>
>>80054552
The backstory is actually really interesting. If they made a movie about that, I can see it being really good.
>>
>>80048927
it would truly be the dark souls of cinema
>>
>>80048927
Maybe if they made it like an arthouse horror film with little dialogue. There isn't any substantial character development to speak of in the game so a movie couldn't be faithful in tone and story if it had a traditional plot and characters like most movies.
>>
>>80048927
No, half the story was reading items and people still aren't sure what's going on. I would cast elba though.
>>
>>80049210
I actually want this
>>
>>80049812
To shorten it right down:

> Long ago some scholars found tombs of a dead civilization worshipping odd gods
> Began to investigate this, meanwhile also found blood in the tomb
> After a while one of the scholars decided to administer the blood despite warnings
> it heals all illness and so a church is built on healing all of a town with it
> town becomes incredibly prosperous but the some people start turning into monsters
> head of this church works with others to summon one of the gods, a moon
> after doing so suddenly everyone goes mad and turns to beasts and half the city has to be burned to the ground
> one of the original scholars who didnt use the blood to try and reach the gods by learning instead is granted ascension and uses her power to hold back the moon
> things continue for a while in yharnam well as the town prospers, any beasts are killed and the church experiments
> the moon chooses you are a puppet hunter and eventually directs you to killing the scholar keeping him back
> shit hits the fan again, gods start having kids with humans again, you kill an old god's kid and then satiated, the moon plans to kill you and let you go until the next hunt
> you can either die and wake up, become its puppet, or kill it and become a god yourself.

That's missing a lot, so not good for a movie.
>>
File: 1479266636801.png (2MB, 1762x564px) Image search: [Google]
1479266636801.png
2MB, 1762x564px
>>80049211
Bloodborne is high kino by any standards, my friend.
>>
>>80048960

>...even the doll, should it please you...
>>
>>80057013
>he hasn't played The Old Hunters

Actually it all started when the carcass of Kos washed up in the shore of a fishing hamlet in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>80048927
Game was too hard for me famalam. I put in 10 hours and couldn't get past the first boss. I even watched jewtube videos for the first time, and it still didn't' help.Loved the world though. It's still on my shelf. I'll give it another go someday.
>>
>>80057266
I have but i was cutting out all the detail not central the main story, plus byrgenwerth was already seemingly established before the hamlet, i dont think it was their first introduction to the great ones.
>>
>>80057448
Gascoigne is the hardest boss in the game, once you beat him you'll have learned the tricks and the rest of the game is easier.
>>
>>80057013
>you can either die and wake up,
I will never understand why people act like this is the "bad" ending, when you can take over Gehrman's role.

Also I'm sure audiences would love the hunter murdering a pregnant woman and murdering a newborn to devour umbilical cords.
>>
>>80057581
* but im happy to accept otherwise, the chronology in the game is probably the most obscure part of it
>>
>>80057448
You do know that you can summon other players to help you, right?
>>
>>80057608
Good to know. Thanks.
>>80057683
I didn't know that. I don't have any friends though or online subscription atm.
>>
>>80057629
Well it's sort of a cop-out, yeah you live, escape the horror and move on - but you solve nothing and yharnam is stuck as it is.

The game generally establishes that ignorance is bliss, insight drives people mad, makes you more vulnerable to attacks and you see more attacks and enemies. The game is genuinely easier the less insight you collect. But at the far end if you get umbilical cord insight you can end the hunt cycle and ascend beyond this dimension. The worst ending is the becoming gehrman one for sure.
>>
>>80057757
You can't summon for gascoigne. He really is designed to force you to play the game the way it wants to be played.
>>
>>80049210
>The Moon Presence appears, in all its eldritch splendor
>Towers over the protag
>"I have a use for you"
roll credit
>>
>>80057902
*cant summon npcs
>>
>>80057448

brotip: unlike the previous souls games, in this one you're supposed to dodge INTO the enemy as they attack, not away

the game is built around mobility and not tanking hits but dodging and closing the distance fast so you can dish out damage

also most enemies/bosses can be staggered easily

essentially the game rewards aggressive play and punishes you if you try to be cautious
>>
cleric beast is designed to make you learn to use the camera controls
gascoigne is designed to make you learn how2parry
blood born beast is designed to make you learn to use ancillary items like antidotes
>>
File: awooo.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
awooo.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
Who would play him?
>>
>>80057799
When you don't kill Gehrman another hunter will just come in your place - like your hunter did at the start. If you become Gehrman you're the slave of the Moon Presence, you don't escape WHILST 'guiding' the new hunters.

One is definitely worse than the other. But yeah - killing the Moon Presence is obviously the 'good' ending. How much good it does we never find out.
>>
>>80057964
This. It's unintuitive but once you learn to roll towards any attack you just become invincible so long as you time it right. If you try keep a distance most bosses will just whip out move combos to smash you.
>>
File: him.jpg (12KB, 220x279px) Image search: [Google]
him.jpg
12KB, 220x279px
>>80057975
>Hmmm who would play a caged micolash?
You tell me boss
>>
>>80058018
Yeah i agreed, becoming the moon's new puppet is the worst fate. Especially seen as from the supposed time scale of the story and gehrman's sleep talking - you would likely be his puppet for generations. No wonder you use the doll.
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (42KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0576.jpg
42KB, 400x550px
>>80057975
>>
>>80058018

From what I gathered Moon Presence is the great one of hunting and combat and it is in its interest to activate the old blood, create beasts and have hunters go around killing stuff.

Also, it guides the hunters to kill off all the children of the other great ones, basically eliminating the competition.

Just look at what you do on behalf of Moon Presence and Gherman. Kill Mergo/Wet Nurse, Ebrietas, Amygdala, Rom and so on...
>>
>>80058124
>No wonder you use the doll.
I'd use the doll if I was only going to be there for a minute desu senpai
>>
>>80058147
Ebrietas and Amygdala are optional, though.
>>
>>80058147
The great ones aren't gods of anything specific necessarily, sure they have forms like blood and the moon but i dont think they fulfill individual roles. They are just higher dimensional beings.

The game makes it clear oedon is the blood's power and he himself is the root of beasthood but that the moon plays on this and makes it explode and utilizes hunters by suspending them in the dream.

I imagine it just feeds on the blood and great ones are far greater prey for it. It could also just be worsening the scourge as a way of getting at the gods indirectly via their worshippers but we just dont know.
>>
>>80058205

They are, but still.
You have a mandate to go around and kill everything in sight, from babies to great ones.
>>
Tom Hardy just did this, it was breddy gud
>>
>>80049406
I actually think Refn could make an interesting Bloodborne movie. Sure, not necessarily a faithful one or even a good one but if it's like Valhalla Rising then it could be pretty sweet.
>>
So the mensis ritual seemed to be to summon the moon, seen as notes state that laurence wants to, that madmen are trying to, that when the moon comes the line is blurred and we can see that in advent plaza. Also all the mensis members are facing the blood moon.

But given that they did, and it smashed all their brains and left them either braindead in the nightmare or crazy - why are snatchers still bringing people to yahargul? Are they still trying to do anything in the nightmare?
>>
>>80058514

The Blood Moon was already there, hidden by Rom.

The Mensis crew wanted to ascend by having Micolash consume the umbilical cord and serve as a conduit for everyone else, which moved them all into Mergo's part of the nightmare realm. There they all kind of ascended into the brain of Mensis and essentially got fucked.

Not sure what the One Reborn fight was all about. Looks like something that got shat out of the cosmos as a fluke because of all the shit Mensis sacrificed.
>>
vidya game story line can be:
>elaborately branched and dependent on player agency to unlock the story
>a vehicle for game play
>absolute shit
>all of the above
They all hinge on player agency though. Unless you're talking about "cinematic games" in which case I can only assume you've been laughed out of /v/ because even those trap loving diaper wetting faggots know better than that.
All the things that make a game "good" are only possible through the medium. I don't give a fuck about the story of assassins creed, or even the gameplay necessarily, I just want to wander around, enjoy scenery, and push people off rooftops and bridges.
Also, stop being the kind of stupid douchebag that enables dipshit focus tested bullshit from studios. If you ever feel yourself saying "I wish they would make this into a movie" kill yourself. Encourage new IP's, and at least an attempt at originality instead of trying market your fucking manchild franchise.
>>
File: bloodborne rolling.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne rolling.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Just make a movie about Hardy trying to fight his way out of the maze.
>>
File: 1484576796119.png (97KB, 542x520px) Image search: [Google]
1484576796119.png
97KB, 542x520px
The Hunter: Cillian Murphy
Plain Doll: Elizabeth Debicki
Gehrman: David Bradley
Eileen: Gwendoline Christie
Master Willem: Bill Nighy
Alfred: Sam Claflin
Micolash: Rufus Sewell
Father Gascoigne: Liam Neeson
Djura: Kenneth Branagh

BONUS ROUND: OLD HUNTERS
Ludwig the Holy Blade (voice): John Hurt
Lady Maria: Elizabeth Debicki
Simon the Harrowed: Dan Stevens
Brador: Tom Hardy
Orphan of Kos: Doug Jones
>>
>>80058721
>Ludwig the Holy Blade (voice): John Hurt
I wonder if this is a pasta...
>>
File: 1485387060283.jpg (98KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1485387060283.jpg
98KB, 635x457px
>>80058794
>confused at what you meant
>just looked up John Hurt
>mfw
what the fuck
>>
File: 51+kCPC3FxL._SY300_.jpg (18KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
51+kCPC3FxL._SY300_.jpg
18KB, 212x300px
>>
>>80058627
But the moon was only hidden by Rom after they called it, the notes state he hides rituals away. The moon was certainly called as part of the ritual.

It also states that the brain was a true great one, not the result of mensis. You see the remnants of mensis as the dumb attendants or micolash and his assistant.

I just wander if after the ritual failed, micolash is still somehow gathering bodies to try and birth mergo from the nightmare and the one reborn might have been an attempt.
>>
>>80057921
fucking kek
>>
>>80057975
Steve Buscemi
>>
>>80058721
Not bad pasta. Ditch Murphy and Hardy though.
>>
No, it (the story) barely even works as a game.
>>
>>80059017

The entire timeline is very funky.
Apparently the initial trigger for the whole thing is the fishing village and finding the chalices in the tombs which was quite some time ago but Master Willem, Micolash, Gehrman, Laurence and Maria were all in their prime then, which couldn't be that long ago.
Yet in the meantime not only Old Yharnam got burnt, but the new one got constructed from scratch and there were "countless" good hunters including Djura and Eileen.
Not to mention that Logarius sealed off Annalise, which was after the rise of the church and he looks ancient as fuck.

It's like a hundred years got compressed into maybe 10.

So the whole "when" the Mensis group conducted the ritual is suspect. If they did it recently (you visit Yahargul before and after the procedure) then what was Rom doing all that time. She obviously got transformed a long time ago and Willem has been literally turning into a vegetable for a while.
>>
>>80058925
>it inspired some of the designs so it's the bloodborne movie
It must be the weekend already.
>>
>>80049014
In the mouth of madness worked okay
>>
>>80049014
It's really not lovecraftian if they show it. His schtick was "holy fuck, it was so scary that i went crazy for real." BB showed it, so even if it's inspired by his work, it's completely different.
>>
>>80059017
Personally, I think the Mensis ritual was focused on resurrecting the Orphan of Kos and that The One Reborn was a failed attempt at bringing him out of the Hunter's Nightmare and into the waking world.
>>
>>80060953
In BB there is the concept of insight. The more insight you have, the more "reality" you see. You can see extra monsters with it and the game changes somewhat. In that way BB actually manages to follow Lovecraft really well by establishing the conceit that you don't ever see all of "reality"- NPCs who achieved far higher insight levels either went insane or instantly died. It's a nice having of cake and eating it too with showing Lovecraft monsters.
>>
>>80061319
Ok.
>>
>>80048927
BB's plot is too convoluted and sprawling to be a good movie. Plus Hollywood would just treat it like schlock action fodder anyway.
>>
>>80061452

>a young man seeking a cure to his illness, comes to the fabled city of Yharnam, where the doctors perform blood ministrations

>things go south fast as the protagonist is caught up in Yharnam's night of the hunt, where hunters hunt horrid beasts

>the protagonist must unveil the secrets of Yharnam and survive the night of the hunt

Wow, so convoluted bro, I have no idea how they would do it.
>>
>>80058147
This is thinking of Great Ones like classical mythology gods, not like Lovecraftian "gods". Lovecraft creatures are not as tied to being the "god of hunting" or what have you. They always have motivations and those motivations are sometimes interpreted by humans as them being the patron of something or other.

BB Great Ones seem also to deconstruct Lovecraft by some of them actually being willing to talk to us, and it's clear that they are not at the absurd levels of power and thought as high end Lovecraft monsters.
>>
>>80061826
But that would be just bad and forgetable.
>>
>>80061826
>must unveil the secrets

Yeah, the secrets and how they get unveiled in the game is pretty convoluted. Nice job simulating a hack schlock movie writer though; your description is how shit like the Resident Evil movies get traction.
>>
>>80061929
That's the setup, you can still unveil the masterful cosmic horror underneath. But the setup can be done in classic movie fashion.
>>
>>80061947
>'So THIS is how Yharnam looks like when you get 40 insight? DAMN.'
>>
>>80061947
You're projecting schlock on what is a bare bones description of the introduction to the story you fool. Learn to explain stories on different levels.
>>
>play bloodborne
>models looks like shit
>aliasing everywhere awful motion blur to hide it
>framerate drops
>world is small as fuck
>barely any voice acting

Why the nips are shit at videogames?
>>
>>80062127
kys yourself
>>
>>80061968
Yeah, maybe. Bare in mind i haven't play Bloodborn, but i played Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I think there should be a really big incensitive on the feeling being cursed, like in Alien, wherever Ripley goes, no matter hard she's fighting against it, she's doomed to fight against the alien/the Company.
>>
>>80048927
Del Torro would get tapped to direct this :/
>>
>>80048927
It would have o be condensed, and given to somebody who properly understand tone and scale of an effects heavy film. I know it's popular to hate on him, but I think JJ Abrams would be perfect to kick off the Bloodborne cinematic franchise.

Cast Hugh Jackman as German. Kind of a call back to his Van Helsing Role. Maybe put in Cumberbatch as the main protagonist.

Par the plot down to stopping the main villain Great One monster which is attempting to spread a mutation disease across the world. Final battle would be the main character fighting the Great One and attempting to shut off its blue beam beacon into the sky which would have used moon magic to spread the disease.
>>
>>80062217
>bare in mind i haven't play Bloodborne
dude, find a way to play it, asap
Also, it's a bit different in spirit than DS as far as the curse/loneliness thing goes, Bloodborne is the anti-myth unlike the Souls series.
>>
>>80062312
>JJ Abrams
>would be perfect
>kick off the Bloodborne cinematic franchise.

No, cinematic universes are the death of directors and artistic value in movies
>>
>>80058147
Amygdala is a pushover and there are literally dozens of them. It's a 'not that Great One'.
I don't think Rom is a fully realized Great One, just a tool. Same goes for One Reborn.
Mergo is a big deal - Odeon seems like a big deal. We only fight against his minions but still he's all over the game. Moon Presence seems like his rival.
>>
>>80062547
what about BriBri?
>>
File: 960[1].jpg (79KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
79KB, 960x540px
>>80058925
>From the director of Silent Hill
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151126235410.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151126235410.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Who would play Ludwig?
Who could realize this scene of pure kino?
>>
Cast her
>>
File: airplane-sweat.jpg (29KB, 324x320px) Image search: [Google]
airplane-sweat.jpg
29KB, 324x320px
>>80062725
>mfw the music kicks in
so good
>>
>>80062598
Ebrietas, Moon Presence, Odeon and the brain in Mensis seem like the top tier of the Great Ones.
>>
>>80062730
Hayley Atwell. Nobody else is perfect enough to be a princess of the fucking sun.
>>
>>80062858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe_QHOSuml0
>>
File: benedict-cumberbatch-as-smaug[1].png (720KB, 1262x711px) Image search: [Google]
benedict-cumberbatch-as-smaug[1].png
720KB, 1262x711px
>>80062725
Benedict Cumberbatch
>>
>>80062889
>metal cover
Who cares?
>>
>>80062894
shit, actually not a bad choice
>>
>>80062894
>Benedict Cumberbatch
I think he would be better suited to play the hunter.
>>
File: Image-bloodborne-doll-03.jpg (487KB, 760x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-doll-03.jpg
487KB, 760x1080px
>would look great as an actual porcelain doll with a bit of cgi
>hollywood would cast scarlet johansson instead
>>
>>80060953

>itt retards that never read lovecraft

Cthulu was defeated by a boat. He was such a shit writer that had good ideas.
>>
Dark Souls 1 would make a better move imho
>>
>>80050138
what is this from?
>>
>>80064076
I'd guess it's Bram Stoker's Dracula
>>
>>80063449
Chutulhu wasn't "defeated" by any means, the guy tried to ram him with a steamer, Cthulhu reacted by becoming mist and then rematerializing, and returned to his bed because it wasn't still time to wakeup and those humans weren't worth the bother.
>>
>>80062127
This is b8 right?
>>
>>80062889
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.