[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>didn't even get any nominations WHAT. THE. FUCK.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: silencecover[1].jpg (230KB, 2132x1328px) Image search: [Google]
silencecover[1].jpg
230KB, 2132x1328px
>didn't even get any nominations

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
>>
(((They))) don't like Christianity
>>
>>80041605
Hacksaw Ridge was nominated for best director, best actor, and best picture.
>>
>>80041635
and won none of those.
>>
File: 4032.png (675KB, 1141x647px) Image search: [Google]
4032.png
675KB, 1141x647px
>>80041605
did you even watch the film you fucking retard? there was not a trace of pro-christian dogma to be found.

as to OP, the film was beautifully shot and had some good performances, but had some serious problems with pacing and storywise was no oscar material. maybe it deserved a best cinematography nom, but not much else.
>>
>>80041708
did you watch the film you fucking retard?

The whole movie was about suffering in silence for the sake of Christ. It was super Christian.

Let me guess, you're not Catholic, you're a protestant, so if a movie doesn't have in your face hamfisted messages like "God's not dead", you can't tell its a Christian film.
>>
>>80041708
>cinematography
For sure this
Not sure why it didn't get any noms really
Epic movie
And I have no real religious beliefs
>>
It should be nominated for sound editing. Remember the scene when garfield talks and his lips don't move?
>>
>>80041708
>there was not a trace of pro-christian dogma to be found.
wut
>>
>>80041772
If christians like to suffer in silence than not getting nominated should be just fine.
>>
>>80041850
it did get a nomination for cinematography

it was the only one it got
>>
>>80041850
It was nominated for that and that alone
>>
>>80042010
>>80042013
Oh
Heh
My bad
Some of the fitting was pretty bad actually now that I think about it but I think I am gonna pick up the book and give it a read now
>>
>>80042063
>fitting
Editing*
>>
>>80041772
you're the autistic kid in history class that has to relate every battle to an anime fight in naruto
>>
To be fair, it basically had no release.

I was pretty hyped to see it, but not even the weirdo theater near me was showing this during the times when I lookeed.

Like, now that I'm looking on BoxOfficeMojo, it had 7 days where it might have been watchable, yet I (as a hikiNEET who watched tons of TV) saw ZERO commercials for it during that period or the time before.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 700x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 700x850px
>>
>spotlight wins best picture
>Silence gets nothing

It was a scorses film that didn't paint all catholics as pedophiles.

So of course the kikes in hollywood didn't nominate it or recognize how stunningly beautiful the film was.
>>
File: plebiean reaction.png (386KB, 715x401px) Image search: [Google]
plebiean reaction.png
386KB, 715x401px
>>80042101
>actually makes a point about history
>hurr u must like anime or sumfin
>>
File: SilenceInoue.jpg (59KB, 932x621px) Image search: [Google]
SilenceInoue.jpg
59KB, 932x621px
Why he wasn't nominated?

It was the best performance of the movie.
>>
>>80041543
They snub Scorsese almost every year
>>
>>80045032

nominated for Best Director 8 times, which ties him with Billy Wilder for the 2nd most all-time.
>>
>>80041543
Poor box office is poison for Oscars.
>>
>>80041772
Not him, but was it really PRO-Christian?
Andrew Garfield's character came off as an arrogant idiot towards the end.
>>
>>80042001
BURN
>>
>>80042001
oh snap!
>>
File: bravo gibson.webm (928KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
bravo gibson.webm
928KB, 720x304px
>>80041708
Havent even seen silence yet but I can confidently say there is no way Hack Sawridge is better.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.