[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Young Pope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1380.jpg (76KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1380.jpg
76KB, 1280x738px
What did you think of it?
>>
This show immediately hooked me with Lenny's speech in the beginning. Then it turned out it was a dream, and boy was I disappointed. It turns out Lenny is an ultra conservative megalomaniac. Or something. From this episode, I have no idea what this show is trying to do. That speech in the beginning was the show I wanted and I really did not recover from the disappointment that this show is not going to be that.
>>
>>80034910
Did you watch the rest of the season?
>>
>>80034910
You don't deserve kino, I'm glad you hate it.
>>
>>80034865
I ended up loving all major characters
>>
>>80034865

I want to watch a show about Vatican politics without shoehorned sex scenes because HBO.
>>
File: cantdopethepope.jpg (334KB, 1300x807px) Image search: [Google]
cantdopethepope.jpg
334KB, 1300x807px
>>80034865

Haven't decided yet tbqh. Fun to watch though.
>>
Watched like 3/4th of the first episode and then dropped it.

Main problem was just how irrationally dickish the main character was without rhyme or reason, and the plot didn't seem like it was going anywhere.
>>
File: dew-saw-lee-ay.png (800KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dew-saw-lee-ay.png
800KB, 1280x720px
I loved it but I couldn't tell why. I think it's because everything is pretty inexpected, and that's partly because the character's motives are complex. There is literally zero tropes. I also liked the fact that it was ultimately a show about characters. The politics, the reflexions on god & the church made very little sense and were of little interest, at least to me and I think that was deliberate. The show is comfy and it felt good to not be a plotfag anymore. Made me feel smart t b h. Also pic related was literally me.
>>
>>80035990
Why can't Americans into french pronunciation?
>>
>>80035697
>Main problem was just how irrationally dickish the main character was without rhyme or reason

But there is rhyme and there is also reason.
>>
I think it's a show about contradictions and imperfections. Lenny is an extravagant mirror of everyone else in the show. None of them can be pigeon holed.

Glad we're getting season 2.
>>
File: 1487530442053.jpg (240KB, 933x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487530442053.jpg
240KB, 933x1280px
Lenny is the kind of guy I'd like as the pope. Is it weird if this show reintroduced my faith to me? This show is kino regardless.
>>
File: 1483994907092.png (417KB, 436x454px) Image search: [Google]
1483994907092.png
417KB, 436x454px
>>80034910
>>
>>80034865
Pretentious fuckery , borderline capeshit, matta fact erase that border. Jude Law was the only potential this show had and they fucked it hard body.
>>
>>80037739
What are you saying?
>>
>>80034865
literally just Catholic propaganda in disguise. He murders a woman with the power of prayer for fucks sake
>>
>>80035369
that ecuadorian threesome was so hot though
>>
>>80036921
Just remember that he isn't the pope. The real pope is an evil peado apologist who got there with blackmail
>>
>>80038558
nothing wrong with that
and he asks God to do something, he isn't directly killing anyone
>>
>>80038558
>murder

it's not murder if God willed it
>>
Supreme pleb filter. Filters out both normalfags (hurr so boring, bad untolerant pope!!) and edgy poltards who get dissapointed after Lenny rethinks his views.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.