[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legion on FX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 35

File: Legion 1.jpg (549KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Legion 1.jpg
549KB, 1400x700px
So when i heard that there would be another superhero show that wasn't done by a network, i got all excited. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc were great, while network tv shows such as The Flash and Arrow are made to 10 year olds and their overall quality is bad.

But now i just finished watching the newest episode (4) and it seems like this show is going to be trash.

4 episodes in and the plot has BARELY moved since the pilot. Every episode so far has been loops of dealing with David's madness while learning nothing and almost nothing new happening.

I'm starting to assume that because Legion is sooo, so powerful, this show will never make him live to his full potential because then there would be no good enough enemy. Therefore, David will always be set back by his lameness, his not understanding his own powers, and his craziness from not controlling them. At climax points he will always deus ex machina something out of a high emotional pressure and then he will go back to being his lame self.
>>
>>80033858
>Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc were great
no
>The Flash and Arrow are made to 10 year olds and their overall quality is bad.
yes

>muh plot
read fiction literature then
>>
It's actually been really faithful to the comics. He's a mentally ill but top tier mutant who has different powers matching different personalities

It's about him not any sort of capeshit plot. It has similar pacing to Fargo, the crew's other show
>>
>netflix garbage
>great

fuckin plebs
>>
>>80033935
I know Fargo is one hundred percent different but is Legion as good? I loved Fargo
>>
>>80033975
It is more style over substance but has good visuals like Hannibal, Fargo, and other top tier shows

There's minimal capeshit in it. Give it a go
>>
>>80033935
>It has similar pacing to Fargo, the crew's other show

Really? Then I'll wait to watch it when it's all over. Fargo is far too slow to watch weekly, and I love Fargo.

>>80033858
Eh, from what I remember of the comics Legion doesn't really have an enemy and he's too insane to deal with most of the time. He's a universe breaking character that was created without really thinking it through and been mishandled by almost every writer that has tackled him. I'm really interested to see how the show is, and distancing him from the regular MCU is a very good idea, to me. But yeah I'll wait until it's all finished.

OP I really think your should watch more shows. Brotherhood and Rectify are probably the slowest shows I've ever seen, but they are two of the most brilliant ones I've ever seen too.
>>
>>80033935

Yes. He has a ton of powers for each personality. But nothing new is happening on this show for fuck's sake. It's mind numbing.

Every episode so far has been merely dealing with his craziness. It is getting annoying already. Maybe it's because i watched them all on a row.
>>
>>80033858
>4 episodes in and the plot has BARELY moved since the pilot. Every episode so far has been loops of dealing with David's madness while learning nothing and almost nothing new happening.

This is the very reason I stopped watching LOST in the 3rd episode. Every thread I've seen of it confirmed to me that was a good idea.
>>
>>80033858

Style over substance.

This show is a prime example of that.
>>
>>80034101
>Really?
Yeah. It's the kind of show where there will be like 10 minutes of a quirky scene to introduce a new character you see for 10 seconds later in the actual plot progression

I love the show, but if that's not your thing then might be best to watch them back to back
>>
Anyone got a clip of the shot where Syd is looking through the glass at David sleeping and she's outlined in his silhouette?

along with the scene where they don't show her feet and the shows whole "whats real" theme, I'm convinced she's not real
>>
>>80033858
Yeah, it's trash. Weird for the sake of weird garbage with no plot and terrible characters.

It seems to have been designed to bait redditors into shilling it all over the Internet while never delivering.
>>
>>80034206

nah, she's real. Episode 4 confirms it for sure.
>>
OP here.

Yeah, these are my main problems with this show. 1. The pacing is too slow and 2. The main character will most likely never live to his full potential because then he would be too powerful.
>>
>>80034271
Episode four made me doubt it more than any other. We get confirmation that everything in the show is filtered somehow (David's memories, intro from Oliver Bird, Syd narrating the first half or so), and Syd constantly brings up that they can't know if they're in Davids dream or not
>>
>>80034344
I don't think any of them are that powerful except David, who is never going to have a solid grasp of his powers because he's insane/the show wouldn't have any conflict anymore
>>
David will never have full control of his power permanently, that's the whole point. It's about the other personalitys using David for their own goals

Also the dog is the shadow king
>>
>>80034396

well, we saw Syd switch places with that dude, so that makes her real, unless absolutely the whole thing was inside David's mind in the first place.
>>
>>80034344
>The main character will most likely never live to his full potential because then he would be too powerful.

This is what the writers realized about 2 issues after creating him.
>>
>>80034425
>>80034526

exactly. Isn't that annoying that such a powerful mutant will never have full or even decent control of his powers? What is even the point of such a character?

4 epidoes and we know he has telepathy, mind control of matter, teleportation, astral projection, and some form of time manipulation.
>>
>>80034577

did they really do so or are you just saying it? Because it's true.

I think that Legion could tackle Infinity Gauntlet Thanos alone.
>>
How long does this take to come
out on Hulu? I just started watching last night and I need episode 4
>>
>>80034699
The pint is too see how an all powerful character will influence the world around them. Which is a bit harder to make interesting but we'll see.
>>
>>80033858
>>
File: [action intensifies].webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
[action intensifies].webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>80034039
love the styling though
>>
File: unannouncedvisitor.png (290KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
unannouncedvisitor.png
290KB, 624x352px
>>80033935
not just top tier

omega tier mutant
>>
>>80034554
that dude is one his personalities as well, dude
>>
>>80033858
>PLOT

Is this faggot serious?
>>
>>80033858
>4 episodes in and the plot has BARELY moved since the pilot.
This isn't a detriment to the show's quality, stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>80034737
I don't know if it was two issues but they quickly realized that he can never be sane or have total control.

They have the same problem with Franklin Richards (Reed Richard's son who also has unlimited power), but they just made him a pleb instead. The kid is more powerful than Legion but would rather play playstation all day.
>>
>>80034926
omega is top
>>
>>80035078
eh, its sorta over the top

as in seeveral orders of magnitude greater than the top
>>
>That le awkward quirky girl from Parks and Rec
>Thinking she'd be in anything good

Lmao cmon bro.
>>
>>80035139
What girl?
>>
>>80035078
There is beyond omega.
>>
>>80035139
They kill her in the first episode and then delete her character who is actually a man
>>
>>80033858
>>80033902
>Arrow was made for 10 year olds
Dumbest shit i've read in a while.
>>
This show is gonna win an oscar.
>>
File: DAAAVIIIIIIIIIID.jpg (26KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
DAAAVIIIIIIIIIID.jpg
26KB, 600x300px
>>80033858
So you're saying you're worried there won't be any enemy that measures up to David's power because you want to see him in epic X-Men fight scenes? How did you make it through four episodes?
>>
POST SYDS AND RARE SYDS
>>
>dude wouldn't it be cool for david to fight the shadow king in his brain
>dude it's totally mojo and there is going to be some galactic alien menace
>dude its totally fiend and they are going to relate it back to charles xavier and hes going to join the x-men or something
not every show based on capeshit needs to be anchored by shit that happened in the comics
>>
>>80035718
Obviously not, considering nothing in the show thus far, save his name and the X-motif, is from the comics.

But the Shadow King thing is very, very compelling considering what we know thus far. Anyone who thinks it's Mojo is a goddamn retard, although I admit the idea that it's a TV show is some trippy, meta hilarity
>>
>>80034554
>unless absolutely the whole thing was inside David's mind in the first place.
I know a lot of people foam at the mouth over this concept, but that looks to be the case.

I like the idea that Melanie Bird is Professor X in disguise and is entering David's mind to help him get a grip, and then use him to help the fight against either Magneto or the government and their Sentinels (the war she mentioned they need David for.) That scene in Ep2 where the scene cuts to her visibly uncomfortable at the very second David says "my dad" is interesting.
>>
>>80035665
what's the point of being almost all powerful and never using one's power? Yeah, i'd like to see him have a good grasp over his powers. Doesn't even need to be perfect, just good would be nice.

>How did you ma

I just got annoyed at how repetitive the episodes so far have been.
>>
>>80035047
lol at the fact there is a mutant more powerful than Legion.
>>
>>80035979
Also the scene where she telepathically calls out his name and helps him focus on her voice to tune out all the other voices screaming at him. And look at the parts of Summerland that we've seen, does it really look like a real place? That X window behind David. Then in 4 Melanie Bird sending out Syd Kerry and Ptonomy on a mission like Professor X sending out the X-Men.
David has read minds a few times too, the first time he does it to his psychiatrist in Ep 1 is easy to miss.
>>
>>80036220

i don't read that much into a superhero show but i hope you're right
>>
>>80036131
I don't agree that being all powerful is pointless unless you flex your power, especially when you can't understand it yourself.

I mean imagine you become aware that you have the power to do almost ANYTHING just by thinking about it hard enough. Destroy your entire house, or town, or country. Destroy your own internal organs by accident. Kill someone you love because they made you angry. Imagine how afraid you would be of your own mind.

The Devil with Yellow Eyes has so far seemed to represent how scared of his power David is.
>>
so Syd being in the Mental Hospital, can someone explain this?

If Lenny was really at the mental hospital, shadow king/mojojojo overwrote Benny as Lenny for what reason?
>>
>>80036449
or is mojojojo and Lenny the same person?
>>
>>80036449
>so Syd being in the Mental Hospital, can someone explain this?
When his sister visits, David mentions he's been in Clockworks hospital for 246 days, and as he leaves he says "something new needs to happen soon."
His mind created her to help him cope with his situation. In that entire episode and episode 2 every time Syd faces the camera there is a bright yellow light somewhere behind her. I mean it, every single shot, especially the therapy session where her face is obscured by the light the whole time. I stopped looking for that light behind her in the 3rd and 4th episodes though.
>>
>>80036639
i did notice the angelic lighting on Syd in ep 2, but if Syd is a figment of David's mind how does that explain her interaction with Melanie, Ptonomy Kerry etc. Are all the characters in the show made up by David?
>>
>>80036639
>>80036795

also how does Syd switch bodies with The Eye if she is made up
>>
>>80036795
>>80036846
In that case, the only thing that makes any sense is EVERYTHING not being real. Which I would honestly hate. I actually enjoy their relationship, and to just dump all these characters, all this development, and all the high stakes as "just a Dream lol" would be terrible. It might work if David was making leaps and bounds as a character, but he's not
>>
Eyeball man and his fucked up 70's perm, mafkr is no joke.
>>
>>80036795
I think Syd, Ptonomy, Kerry/Carry, that telekinetic guy who helped him escape Division 3, and maybe Melanie are all split personalities of David's, yeah.

I can't tell about other characters like his sister, his doctor in the past, his psychiatrist in Clockworks and all of Division 3 yet. But in the comics source material David is sometimes in a dreamworld inside his mind where his different personalities struggle for control of him, so it's possible none of the characters are real. I don't see why that rubs some people the wrong way in a Marvel television show.
>>
>>80034396
She keeps seeing David's nightmares and wanted to know if she's safe
>>
>>80037008
It serves a purpose in the comics, though. It limits his power, creates conflict, and makes him dangerous to the other powerful characters despite his good intentions. Not only that, many personalities were actual people whom he absorbed via telepathy upon their death, due to his sheer, uncontrolled power

In this show, it would serve as nothing but a gotcha twist.

Now, if the characters represented different aspects of his personality/psyche, or demonstrated powers that he has, that'd make sense. But it doesn't develop David as a person, it doesn't unlock new potential, it doesn't serve to explain any questions besides little ones like "why didn't we see Syd's feet"
>>
>>80036449
Overwritten as a familiar face I guess. He did feel guilty about killing Lenny.
>>
>>80037265
Also serves to manipulate as a familiar face. Although, David did see her(?) as the Yellow during the drug trip, before they were committed in the first place.

I could see a theory where David was manipulated into an emotional reaction when Syd left, specifically so someone unfamiliar with his power/defenses was left in his unguarded body. It might even explain when we didn't see Syd's feet when she joined him in bed prior to leaving. It was just a projection created to illicit an emotional response. Of course, the huge hole in that theory is that Syd really WAS leaving and she knew that David knew. Couldn't be the Yellow doing all the work there.
>>
>>80036846
So far I take The Eye as another personality in David's head, just not one on David's side.

In this theory it would work like this; multiple personalities are vying for control of David and his power. The Summerland personalities want to help him (and Melanie Bird wants to use him for war, X-Men shit?) And the Division 3 personalities want to use him in some negative way or just have control.

The Devil With Yellow Eyes would be either a third party to this struggle, or maybe associated with the Divisions since Lenny tried to convince David to leave Summerland and fall into their trap, and there was that weird caged dog bathed in red light like the Devil.

That scene where his childhood dog King was revealed to be a delusion was really ominous, that long close up of the dog's face with the ominous music playing made me feel like King was a disguise the Devil used to stay close to David as a child, like Lenny/Benny as he got older.
>>
File: John.png (973KB, 927x907px) Image search: [Google]
John.png
973KB, 927x907px
>The crazy girls name is Syd Barrett
Are there any other names I didn't notice?
>>
>>80037427
Yeah, what the fuck was up with that dog? The Eye even put a dog figurine in front of him. Looking back at each episode, there are so many unexplained quirks and things that I would generally see as hints just going unexplained and unaddressed.

I guess that could be explained by hinting towards the revelation that his childhood dog isn't real in the most roundabout way possible, but still.
>>
File: 1488505028784.jpg (8KB, 275x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488505028784.jpg
8KB, 275x326px
>>80037427
Summerland crew == ego
"Division 3" == superego
lenny/benny/yellow eyes == id
>>
>>80037172
>In this show, it would serve as nothing but a gotcha twist.
That doesn't seem too unlikely for a tv show, and people familiar with the comics can draw more than that from it.

>Now, if the characters represented different aspects of his personality/psyche, or demonstrated powers that he has, that'd make sense.
We can assume both of those things about the Summerland and Division 3 people if we want to.
>>
>>80037427
>>80036639
I forgot to mention that golden light is present behind The Eye and just in the background in general during all the interrogation scenes.

>>80037554
I got the impression that The Eye was somehow holding David in check during the interrogation. Right as David flips his shit and throws everyone in the room around with his power, we see a closeup of The Eye's eyes and it kind of looks like his special weird eye popped a blood vessel, like David broke through his control.

Maybe the caged dog in red light represents The Eye's power to keep David's power under control, like he has it locked up. Since so far it seems like the Devil is the gateway to his power.
>>
>>80037640
>We can assume both of those things about the Summerland and Division 3 people if we want to.

If you're really reaching, yeah. The same way people assign mental illnesses to Winnie-the-Pooh characters. You're finding a specific box to shove the character in to fit your vision.

If the characters did, in fact, represent different aspects of his psyche or the human mind, it should be hinted at or noticeable upon analysis. Direct reflections of super-ego, ego, or id. Or someone to clearly represent Fear or Happiness or Depression. But that doesn't clearly exist
>>
The show is better than the other ones you've listed because it doesn't deal with the usual capeshit formula of big dumb villains, lame quips, world ending plots, etc. It's about the character and focuses on themes of memories. The show isn't perfect, I feel it can be bloated, being filled with numerous threads and ideas it can't always handle. But the visuals, story presentation, and concepts are vastly better to the Netflix MCU shows, which feel generic and overdone. This show feels like it was done by an auteur, while the Netflix series have a designed by committee checklist feeling.
>>
Ayo, hol up

Who's the pyrokinetic? During the first episode, I was watching to see who created the fire that saved David from the pool, since pyrokinesis is one of Legion's more notable powers in the comics. But black guy, shortstack, and Syd don't have those powers. So who did it?

Unless Shortstack shows it off during episode 4 or something, since that wasn't up on Hulu yet
>>
>>80037960
someone we've yet to meet
>>
>>80038014
But they were the only three in the room, right? And they were seemingly unaffected by the fire that killed the Division agents.
>>
>>80033858
Nice to look at but it is missing something. I'll just wait until it is completely out then binge it.
>>
>>80033858
OP i 100% agree with you. i know people love this show and thats fine not everyones gonna like the same show. But in my opinion it is highly trash, the pacing reminds me of walking dead. the whole seasons mostly filler and just fucking around with nothing happening accept for 2 eps.
>>
>>80037860
I don't know, it's only reaching if you have no knowledge of the comics. If you do it's easy to theorize that David escaped Division 3 alone while imagining there were other people around him, or else that he warped reality and brought those people out of his mind into the world.

It seems even easier to assign the characters to aspects of his psyche, but I'm no psychologist.
>>
>>80037960
David says "I think you're about to find out" in reference to Syd right before the room bursts into flame, suggesting it's Syd's power. But does it really matter which personality has that power at this point? The point would be David cooked those guys himself without even being aware of it.
>>
>>80038096
>no knowledge of the comics
Legion's powers in the comics are completely different. Hell, many of his personalities are a result of people dying near him and his mind just kind of sucking them up. Not only that, each personality grants a different power and he must either control them in his mental plane or allow them control of his body. In his most notable comics, there are TONS of personalities in there with a few being dominant. But they are very aware of what's happening, where they are, and that there is a body to be controlled. The dynamic is not even comparable to what exists in the show.

It sounds to me like you read a Wikipedia page
>>
>>80035192
Also she is actually a demonic parasite from the astral plane that wants to control David's mind.
>>
>>80038226
I'm going off the assumption that the show was created with at least basic knowledge of the comic character but is trying to do its own thing separate from exactly how his power works in the comics.

It feels like the show is aware that he's supposed to have a lot of personalities inside of him wanting either to be heard or to have control, but that it's trying to present this so that people who have no clue who Legion is will pick up on that over time.
>>
Damn here's another problem, episode 4 showed The Eye can create convincing illusions, and David had contact with him in episode 1. So how much of the show has been an illusion of The Eye?
>>
>>80037887
Of the shows i mentioned only The Flash has world ending plots, and that was in the comics at least so far... anyway. At least the Netflix shows have a good and well paced story progression, while the Legion episodes so far have been almost repetitions of the same thing. You watch the 4 episodes and feel like the show is going nowhere.
>>
"Fiend/Charles Xavier" is a persona that emerges due to the mental shock of Professor X's death. Having the power of precognition, as well as other absorbed from killing other personalities in Legion's mind, it has been shown to be immune to telepathy, as it was unaffected by Blindfold when she rendered all the sub-personalities to fall asleep, and attacked her, causing Blindfold a psychic-trauma. He has the form of a yellow little goblin-like creature with unknown power. This personality also contained a part of Professor X who calls David his "son."

Beside the shadow king, is this another possible theory?
>>
>>80037524
Honestly this is the biggest reason I assume she's not real.
>>
>>80039182
Maybe, the show could be doing it's own thing with Fiend but the Devil with Yellow Eyes is shown next to David when he's a toddler in the opening of episode 1, long before Xavier's death relative to how old David is.
>>
Why was Syd confused about Lenny/Benny? Wasn't she the one who killed him/her? She should know if the friend was a guy or a girl.
>>
>>80039445
Lenny and Benny both existed.
>>
File: legion-devil-yellow-eyes.jpg (25KB, 904x511px) Image search: [Google]
legion-devil-yellow-eyes.jpg
25KB, 904x511px
>>80039445
>>80039518
The idea that Benny/Lenny was ever a real person is challenged by the way Lenny clearly manipulates David to break into his doctor's office to destroy the recorded evidence of their sessions, which seems to be a goal of the Devil with Yellow Eyes. It wasn't just a coincidence that this shot of David eating the therapy session tape was the first time "The Devil with Yellow Eyes" was mentioned.
>>
>>80036131
You're an idiot. Watching a story about someone who has unlimited powers yet lacks the ability to control them or even perceive reality is far more interesting and compelling than "lol look how strong he is11!!!1".
>>
>>80039791

>You're an idiot for not appreciating a story of a mad man inside his head fighting his madness all the time

you're an idiot for having such an idiotic argument

>"lol look how strong he is!!!"

You're an idiot for framing powers that way
>>
>>80039707
The ex-girlfriend refers to Benny as a real person. I think Lenny was possibly a real person as well but the only other character of importance who has seen Lenny was Syd who might be affected by the Shadow King/Lenny. I think the Shadow King used the memeory of Benny and turns him into Lenny to manipulate David into doing what he wants
>>
File: Interrogator.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Interrogator.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
The visuals are so fun to dissect. It took me two viewings of the first episode to notice the part during the opening montage where David is a teenager in the back of a cop car and he blows out all the windows of the car at once. How the fuck could the cops explain how he did that while locked up in the back seat?

Also this guy's "DAVID" was the most compelling so far, I hope he was absorbed or was always a persona.
>>
>>80040055
The ex-girlfriend is very much involved in the Division v Summerland plot.
She warns the three of them "they're watching".
>>
File: Lenny&Benny.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lenny&Benny.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>80040055

>>80040146
I couldn't make much sense of her "they're watching" warning, but it is important to note that the entire conversation with the ex-girlfriend may have been an illusion of The Eye's, including Benny. Though we did see Benny behind Lenny in pic related in episode 2.
>>
>>80040281
>important to note that the entire conversation with the ex-girlfriend may have been an illusion of The Eye's
I agree. Ptonomy was reading her memories to find the doctor's house which led them to the Eye.
>>
>>80040281
looks like one of the 3 stoooges

what is the signifigance of the gender swap (confusion/uncertainty?)
>>
>>80040011
Then how do you suggesting off-setting what is basically an all powerful being? What are the stakes? What flaw does he have? There are only so many ways to contrast his power, and it's one of the main reason comics tend to jump the shark.
>>
What's the deal with the Angriest Boy In The World?
>>
>>80040281

That's Larry from the Three Stooges.

World's Angriest Boy in the World is Moe.
Lenny is Larry.
Yellow Eye Devil is Curly.
>>
File: snap2.jpg (320KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snap2.jpg
320KB, 1280x720px
>>80040281
>Though we did see Benny behind Lenny in pic related in episode 2.

Huh?
>>
David is not mentally ill as shown in EP 4 he has the fat blob in him that tries to create false memories thats why hes seeing shit, fat blob know hes too powerful thats why hes is an excellent host
>>
File: Devil_With_Yellow_Eyes.png (105KB, 400x217px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_With_Yellow_Eyes.png
105KB, 400x217px
>>80040486
I think people have suggested that it's a personality from the comics, based on the show alone I gather that David accidentally killed his mother with his telekinetic power when he got angry as a child.

It's interesting to work the Devil with Yellow Eyes into this theory since he would naturally be terrified of his power after killing his mom and it can also explain why his power is now locked behind the Devil, it could represent how he sees himself subconsciously as a disgusting monster and how he might have decided to never use his power again.
>>
>>80039224
Shes not, like weve seen on EP 4 its all under Shadow King's Parasitic manipulation
>>
>>80041088
Makes sense, the devil gets bigger as David gets older. Also the Boy turns into the Devil when chasing Syd
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (54KB, 923x525px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
54KB, 923x525px
This guy can contain Shadow King in Astral Real. I wish he didnt let david go.
>>
>>80041183
bong Brad Pitt?
>>
>>80041183
I hate that David never talks to anyone in length. This guy seemed like he had answers, real answers, and David just walks away.

Fortunately the guy said, "come back any time", so let's hope he returns in future episodes.
>>
>>80040962
Damn, the best look I got at Benny's face was in the repeat of the vapor frog scene with David's ex-girlfriend. I guess that face on the wall represents the Devil with Yellow Eyes then?
>>
>>80041183
That's Jemaine from Flight of the Concords, mate.
>>
Why is this copypasta now?
>>
>>80041341
>>80041298
>>80041322

He literally showed david how the shadow king treats him yet he left. what a fucking idiot.
>>
I mean the main actor is pretty bad-- too many quirky, gif oriented faces and the most retarded costume design I've seen since Community/Big Bang Theory. The plot moves slow as shit and its really hard to give a fuck about a lot of what they're trying. You can constantly feel how experimental it is, which can be both refreshing and a tad cringe

I'm only watching it for Aubrey Plaza at this point, she's pretty much carrying the whole Legion character with her megalomaniac charisma. I honestly think this is her best performance, would love to see her play this type of character again
>>
File: legionpromos.jpg (38KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
legionpromos.jpg
38KB, 640x379px
>Syd is real!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l0JbndoRwg
>>
File: Stare.gif (2MB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
Stare.gif
2MB, 300x235px
>>80041952

She's usually great in a supporting role.
>>
>>80041341
>That's Jemaine from Flight of the Concords, mate.

Had no idea who he was. I just happened to watch Moana yesterday.
Turns out he's in that too.
>>
>>80033858
I hope the show will pick up the pace soon. Fucking boring me to death
>>
File: writing.jpg (381KB, 948x885px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
381KB, 948x885px
>>80042023

He should be in more things.
>>
>>80041183
>>80041322
From David's point of view he's a frozen avante-jazz sicko who may very well just be a figment of his imagination.
>>
that's benicio del toro you goofs
>>
>>80042244
But hes real just trapped in that place.

Perhaps David could help him, if he helped him take that fat blobl out.
>>
>>80042244
David barely talks to Syd and Melanie Bird either.

He doesn't tell them about The Devil with Yellow Eyes after seeing it in the memory work, but told Dr. Kissinger?
I mean come on -- the story unfolds in such a contrived way.
>>
>>80033975
It has that strange 60's look that people barely use anymore. Excellent horror scenes too, I loved that classic wall cracking and smoke and red light coming out from outside.

Also who is the guy chasing him and why did they get Tom Waits to play him?
>>
File: tamatoa_by_sodano-daq120f.jpg (332KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tamatoa_by_sodano-daq120f.jpg
332KB, 800x800px
>>80042044
>He should be in more things.

Holy shit, I'm impressed. Not only is he the voice role, but he also sings the part.
>https://youtu.be/93lrosBEW-Q
>>
>>80042333
No man that's Dan Stevens from The Guest
>>
File: 1481155659603.jpg (34KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1481155659603.jpg
34KB, 395x387px
>first episode is well paced, establishes the characters and sets an interesting premise
>next 3 episodes are filler

this shit is going nowhere fast and there are no brakes on this train
>>
Why does this show keep trying to push the transgenda agender?
>>
>>80043732
does it now ?
>>
File: 1488399431908.jpg (33KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488399431908.jpg
33KB, 620x413px
>mfw the 4th episode
I feel like the show turned to full retardation at this point.
>>
>>80043732
mmm be very careful now
>>
>>80043801
>it'll probably be renewed because it's hipster bait and also has lolsorandumb appeal
>meanwhile Constantine is still dead
>>
>>80043757

>First episode David bodyswaps with Syd and feels her up and has lingering nostalgia for being a woman
>Benny, a man, has been transformed into Lenny, an Aubrey Plaza
>Cary/Kerry are male and female aspects of the same person
>Another bodyswap last episode between male/female
>>
>>80043856
I think CBS procedurals are more your brain speed buddy
>>
File: 1488210931465.jpg (5KB, 211x120px) Image search: [Google]
1488210931465.jpg
5KB, 211x120px
>>80033858
>Jessica Jones
>great

CALLED THE COPS PREPARE TO GET SWATTED
>>
>>80033858
glad im not the only one who sees this show for what it really is: TRASH

did anyone else feel like this shit was garbage after the first episode?
>>
>>80036846
Basically you have to take Into consideration that anyone that interacts with her is another personality of David.
>>
>>80043895
by trying to belittle me you come off exactly as the kind of people I was pointing out in my post, Legion has neither style nor substance, it just tricks children and idiots into believing it does and so they are enlightened by their own euphoria
>>
>>80035718
None of those are right anyway. The massive hint was Melanie's husband putting emphasis on the word parasite
http://xmenrebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Mummudrai
>>
style is substance.
great show, almost perfect pace.
>>
>>80043948
People hate what they don't understand
>>
File: 1111.png (51KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
51KB, 240x232px
>>80044013
>no style
>no substance
>no pacing
>great show

At least the third season of Hannibal was a delight to look at, Legion is barely above The Young and the Restless.
>>
>>80041952
The t-shirts mean something. Also you should pay attention to anything brightly colored throughout the show, you might notice them showing up in other scenes that seem unrelated.
>>
>>80044066
I don't hate it, it's just a perfect example of mediocrity hiding behind pseudo-intellectualism, exactly like Dr. Strange and all the autists here saying it's a beautiful movie doing things never seen before
>>
>>80033858

kys
>>
File: 1474589142329.png (656KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
1474589142329.png
656KB, 640x467px
>>80033858
Whats real?
Who am I?
Who are they?
Do I need the medicine?
I want to leave.
How do I get out of my own head?

its Mr. Robot all over again
>>
>>80044219
At least the first season of Mr. Robot was good up until the "twist" that David Duchovny is Terrence Malick's father.
>>
>>80044171
If you're putting Legion and Dr. Strange on the same level it's clear you aren't paying attention.
>>
>>80035191
>>80035078
omega is matter manipulation, nothing is above that
>>
Reminder that you all need to grow up
>>
>>80044298
Reminder that you're here with us
>>
File: 1465638310922.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1465638310922.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>>80041979
>not available in your country
why do they always do this
>>
>>80044329
mirror mirror whatever you say comes back to you
>>
>>80044348
you you whatever you say to you gives you a you
>>
>>80033858
>David will always be set back by his lameness, his not understanding his own powers, and his craziness from not controlling them. At climax points he will always deus ex machina something out of a high emotional pressure and then he will go back to being his lame self.

Golly, it's almost like he can't even control his powers in the comics without an almost Ben10 style watch, but every show with powers in the history of ever has them use it as a deus ex.

I'll never understand brainlets and honestly I don't think I want to. How many brain cells have you killed to actually believe the plot hasn't moved anywhere or even that it needs to go at some made up pace you think it should?
>>
>>80041183
fucking love his voice
>>
>>80033858
>make a capeshit show that's actually good
>capeshitters are too dumb for it
FX fucked up.
>>
>>80044381
that was literally established in the first episode though, it's like if they made a TV show about Cable and Caliban, the first episode is Cable shooting up a school or something then the next 4 episodes are Cable and Caliban jerking it together on a sofa about Cable's retrovirus and what he should maybe potentially do to slow it down while Cable has flashbacks about days of future past.
>>
>>80044408
it's marvel, what'd you expect
>>
>style over substance
>in a visual medium
Guaranteed way to spot a pleb.
>>
>>80044408
they found their target audience in 95 IQ hipsters like you who like to feel superior even when they don't understand shit, I bet you'd feel right at home at a Jeff Koons exhibit.
>>
>>80044072
>le reddit frog
>no style
Is this bait?
>>
File: 1486107081155.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1486107081155.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>80041088
>>80041148

I am legitimately spooked and terrified by the devil with the yellow eyes

It's so cool and unsettling and just oozed evil and malignance. You just know he's pure evil. His shape somehow reminds me of a tick. The way he stood up behind the old woman in episode 4... so fucking spooky.

He's the only reason I'm still watching
>>
>>80044544
But I do understand it. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone doesn't.
>>
This show is great, it's the epitome of "show, don't tell." All of the visuals are meant to show you how David is thinking and feeling, rather than dumping exposition on you.
>>
>omg would it be great if nothing in this show was actually happening and everyone was David's imagination?
Fuck no, that would be shit.
>>
>>80044700
it would be so predictable that it would be genius in its own right that someone would actually make something so cliché that's literally a repeat of Mr. Robot but with segregation magic.
>>
>>80044436
Except the show is about David. You know the omega level mutant with multiple personalities and reality warping capability. His entire thing is that his powers are unpredictable and hard to control pre-watch.

Episode 2 showed more of David's powers. The entire preface is of episode 3 which is pretty spelt out for you is "Understanding through repetition and curiosity can bite you in the ass" while episode 4 is about learning(at least partially) what/where the yellow eyed fuck comes from and what it does.

Good news for the brainlets though, next episode Lenny's potentially in charge (personality-wise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTDoJTSnmqg
>>
>>80044777
But then when he finally wakes up in the real world we'll have to put up with him being a confused spastic who doesnt know what's real all over again.
>>
>>80044794
the thing is they could literally have fit episodes 2-4 into a single one because they really clash with the pacing and structure of the first one.
>>
>>80044822
and he gets a job at a mind reading company while hacking people's mind as a hobby and the only thing keeping him safe, until his friend personality who's actually his sister brings him in onto a plot devised by his father personality to take down yellow eyes devil corp with Sam and Dean Winchester
>>
>>80044289
The Celestials classified Franklin as something beyond omega tier mutant, but they still took him out immediately by giving him bad feels.

I'm only making this post because mutants are fags. Moments after that, Doom took on the Celestials alone for 26 minute.
>>
>It's a "plebs can't into basic visual storytelling" episode
>>
>>80033858
IT IS SHIT!
IS
SHIT
!
>>
>>80044289
Didnt Franklin create an entire universe? That's somewhat above 'matter manipulation'
>>
>>80045398
that's reality manipulation, i'd say it's on the same level as matter manipulation
>>
>>80045439
Creating a universe under the covers of your in bed is just "matter manipulation?"

No, Franklin is virtually classes in power within his universe. His human creativity is his only limit in power.
>>
>>80045517
i said it was on the same level not the same power
>>
>>80045517
*galaxy

still, he did actually recreate the whole multiverse after the beyonders all of it

>>80045533
.But that's silly, Franklin can manipulate matter, and all the laws of physics, so clearly he's on another level.
>>
>>80045563
omega level refers to mutants with endless potential and power
>>
File: ff600-604-beyond-omega.jpg (90KB, 547x254px) Image search: [Google]
ff600-604-beyond-omega.jpg
90KB, 547x254px
>>80045581
What more do you want than this, man? The Celestials are saying that Franklin is beyond even their scope of what power means. That's why they freak out. Even they can't make entire universes, and they seeded the evolution that eventually led to Franklin.
>>
File: guest.png (317KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
guest.png
317KB, 640x407px
>>80033858
IS THAT THE FUCKING GUEST?
>>
>>80045656
yes and he apparently went full dyel for the part
>>
>>80033935
>>80034039
>>80034101
>>80045767
fuck im in
>>
>>80036131
>>80040011
>what is misfits
>>
>>80045581
Omega level is a stupid turn, it compares franklin richards with fucking iceman. FUCKING ICEMAN!
>>
>>80045977
Can't Iceman fuck your shit up tho? Like create ice inside of you?
>>
>>80045977
I guess the ability to fully manipulate something is what omega level means.
>>
>>80042044
>>80041322
>>80042511
>>80042023
>>80041183
he was amazing in What we do in the shadows
>>
>>80042044

That was the worst film I've ever seen and he was still good in it.
>>
>>80045977
Omega level just means they could wipe out all life on earth on there own
>>
>>80045977
doesnt it mean they have the potential to survive the universe
>>
>>80046425
no, it means they have endless potential
>>
>>80045977
Iceman's closeted gayness subconteusly nearly triggered a ice age, think what he could do if he was trying (yes, that actually happend in the comics)
>>
>>80036846
At some point in the comics a few of Legion's personas had their own bodies.
>>
>>80037008
Melanie is Xavier.
>>
>my psychological capeshit with no budget
>>
>>80033858
>>80036131
this show is clearly not for you, and you should just go back watching the capeshit movies or comics, there is MUH ACTIONS
>>
>>80037427
>>80037629
since it's called "Dividion 3" i assume he is split for 3 parts.

>Summerland
>Division 3 (looks evil, unknonwn if it is with the DYE or Angryboy)
and the not named one is either David or a yet to known persona
>>
where is fucking wolverine or cyclope?
>>
>>80043820
is this a black sails forced meme?
>>
>>80044072
why do you guys always try to compare this to Hannibal (that edgy disgusting faggotry) ?
>>
>>80044794
Scared Syd a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>80045220
based fucking Doom
>>
File: 01-legion.w710.h473[1].jpg (59KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
01-legion.w710.h473[1].jpg
59KB, 710x473px
>>80044102
>The t-shirts mean something.
probably.
before the up-right arrow,
>goes to astral plane
now the twister
>he is confused in the astral plane
>>
>>80044247
intentional spoiler? reported
>>
>>80047658
Basically means Davids a force of nature coming.
>>
>>80047621
I'm curious about that blue lit scene. I think they're naked.
>>
It's annoying that we won't ever see how powerful he is, I just don't see the budget for it.
>>
>>80044102
>>80047658
>t-shirts mean something
good catch
>>
>>80047768
>got bugdet for several sets and clothes to look 70s-80s
>no budget for blowing up shit and some CG
we have half the series yet to come
>>
>>80048085
tv shows rarely have good cg anyway
>>
File: Legion.104.Syd1080.webm (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.104.Syd1080.webm
564KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: kkk.jpg (8KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
8KB, 400x343px
>>80033858
Aubrey Plaza is so annoying I'm considering dropping this show.

>come on, maaaaaaaaaaaaan
>yeaaahaaa, maaaaan
>let's do some blue stuff, maaaaaan
>they can't help you, maaaan

REEEEEE
>>
>try to watch it
>so boring pause and do something else
>forget about it and remember
>doesn't bother to watch the rest, close and delete
>>
what is the genre for this shit?
sit-fi? like shit why
>>
>>80051540
Nice attention span, retard.
>>
>>80051540
You should've played with your phone while letting it run.
>>
A Supermarket in California by Allen Ginsberg

What thoughts I have of you tonight, Walt Whitman, for I walked down the streets under the trees with a headache self-conscious looking at the full moon.
In my hungry fatigue, and shopping for images, I went into the neon fruit supermarket, dreaming of your enumerations!
What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes! — and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?
I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys.
I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel?
I wandered in and out of the brilliant stacks of cans following you, and followed in my imagination by the store detective.
We strode down the open corridors together in our solitary fancy tasting artichokes, possessing every frozen delicacy, and never passing the cashier.
Where are we going, Walt Whitman? The doors close in an hour. Which way does your beard point tonight?
(I touch your book and dream of our odyssey in the supermarket and feel absurd.)
Will we walk all night through solitary streets? The trees add shade to shade, lights out in the houses, we'll both be lonely.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent cottage?
Ah, dear father, graybeard, lonely old courage-teacher, what America did you have when Charon quit poling his ferry and you got out on a smoking bank and stood watching the boat disappear on the black waters of Lethe?
>>
>>80051632
>>80051644
I think, attention span is not the problem as I was reading a paper instead. It was really boring what a waste of bandwidth
>>
File: me.jpg (82KB, 1210x650px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
82KB, 1210x650px
>>
File: I am the Toilet Flush.png (74KB, 337x400px) Image search: [Google]
I am the Toilet Flush.png
74KB, 337x400px
>>
>>80051540
just play it on 2x speed

the patrician way
>>
>>80041952
>shit talking Dan Stevens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQzdFDR524
>>
>>80045817
Anon, he does such a good job of acting that my brain refused to connect the two characters.
>>
>>80053056
Hi Patricia
>>
>>80053192
He looks a malnourished skeleton compared to his role in The Guest. I had no idea it was him until the credits rolled.
>>
So essentially nothing is real in this show and its all in Davids mind at this point. Fuck, man. I hope Syd is at least the first projection David has created in reality. Their relationship is one of the strengths of the show.

So if it is Mojo, rewriting his memories and controlling David's mind, how does he do it? Have their been any hints at who and what Mojo is in the show?

I don't read the comics.
>>
>>80045977
isn't iceman virtually unkillable
>>
>>80047658
>>80047732
>not calm before the storm
>>
>>80053719
It being Mojo would be even more stupid than it all being a dream. Like, in terms of stupid twists the order from worst to still shitty goes

>It was aliens/outside force not fully explained
>It was all a Dream
>time travel bullshit

That said, I agree about his and Syd's relationship. It would be really sad if it were all fake. Then again, he did call their relationship a "romance of the mind". A hint, maybe?
>>
File: Legion.S01E03_snapshot_14.29.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.S01E03_snapshot_14.29.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
what screens were this then?
Mojo's? or someone in his mind watched the events as a movie (Oliver? DYE?)?
>>
>>80055485
did you even watch the second episode? it's div3
>>
>>80053719
It's not mojo. It's Shadow King or this http://xmenrebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Mummudrai
>>
>>80054893
That romance of the mind line was excellent. I love that idea as a theme.

I dont know. Maybe it is all in his head but i believe his personalities are all technically real people. They can escape his mind and shit in the comics right?
>>
>>80044171

You are a terrible pleb with a dictionary my friend.
>>
File: 1488511141930.png (514KB, 899x677px) Image search: [Google]
1488511141930.png
514KB, 899x677px
>>80034101

>Rectify

Only show that's made me cry since LOST
>>
for the last fucking time it isn't Mojo, he doesn't have the power of astral projection and can't fucking possess people
>>
>>80037008
makes sense, the eye reminds me of Hypnobloke which is one of david's personalities
>>
>>80033935
>fargo
which season? 1 or 2? I didn't really like the first season but the socond one was fucking sweet. And it would make sense why Legion is fucking terrible if they made season 1.
>>
>>80053192
Happened to me as well. He looks so much more diminutive in legion not just weigbt wise but height as well. I wonder if her wore lifts for the guest.
>>
>>80035504
It absolutely was
>>
>>80059795
>Unlike many of his other powers, Hypnobloke's abilities seem closer to real hypnosis, relying on eye contact and repetitive suggestion in order to overcome his target,
>That repeating "Shall we begin?"

Really makes you Hmmmm
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.