[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the rest of /tv/ feel about Austin Powers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Austin Powers.jpg (47KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
Austin Powers.jpg
47KB, 639x360px
I just think its a fun time, and we really haven't seen anything quite like it since.
>>
Kind of want to see another Ausitn Powers parodying gritty Craig Bonds. What's Myers up to these days anyway?
>>
>that wasn't supposed to be in my bag baby
>>
Top tier comedy
>>
>>80028065
Apparently, rumored for another Austin Powers movie. That might be fun.

>>80028098
Swedish-Made Penis Enlarger Pumps and Me, (Yes, that sort of thing is my bag, Baby)
>>
>>80028065
Living of Shrek money and ruining a live sketch at Monty Python's last show.
>>
pretty sure this was the first lewd thing I watched as a kid
>>
>>80028119
This. Great to kick back with some friends and have a laugh.
>>
>>80028456
Same. Though I admit, I didnt get most of the jokes until I was older.
>>
>>80028018
First was funny, endearing, and out of left-field, kind of low budget.

Second was a deplorable rushed cash-grab and a result of the unexpected popularity of the first, lots of forced gags and call-backs.

Third was hilarious and over the top, so much quotable shit in it it's unbelievable, went out on top.
>>
>>80028065
>What's Myers up to these days anyway?

He's busy being old
>>
File: austin powers tom cruise.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
austin powers tom cruise.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
Yeah baby
>>
Only thing similar has been Anchorman imo
I mean that in a good way
>>
>>80028018
Loved these movies when they came out, rewatches them recently and they were just an embarrassing slog. I wanted to like them but just couldnt
>>
>>80028570
One of my favorite gags from the second one was a callback to Mustafa, shit was too damn funny.

>>80028651
damn, I havent watched that in so long.
>>
>>80028661
I loved them when they came out, but I haven't seen them in years. I'm gonna rewatch and see if I feel the same way.
>>
>>80028886
It just feels so slow and some of the bits are fucking terrible, contrast it with airplane or something and there is stuff to fill in the awkward silent bits that seem to infest powers
>>
I love all three movies
>>
>>80028018
3 was the best
>>
>>80028018
fun back when I saw it. I'd watch it over again.
>>
>>80028018
One of the best comedy.
Btw i didn't know that the anglo couldn't stand the dutch as well.
>>
>>80029061
loved airplane as a kid. but rewatching it recently, is objectively a terrible movie
>>
They're funny movies.
>>
>>80028886
This. I was in middle school when the first one came out and I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. When I try to watch them now it doesn't work for me at all.

feels pretty bad, so many comedies are like this
>>
Austin Powers 4 never
>>
>>80029456
I meant to quote
>>80028661
>>
>>80028886
good luck anon.
>>
File: 600px-AA3_SAW.jpg (52KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
600px-AA3_SAW.jpg
52KB, 600x255px
>>80028645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhrc32kF6E
that whole scene is pure kino
>>
>>80028065

He went through a really bad rough patch after his father died and regressed hard. I heard it on a pod cast might have been YMIW or something.

I mean i get it. I hope he comes back with a new one with modern tech and he is still using the old tech from goldfinger.
>>
>>80030039

does Tom Cruise have some of the best cameos in movies? does anyone else come close?
>>
I think the characters are fantastic, but the movies themselves aren't so great and have little rewatch value
>>
>>80028065
>What's Myers up to these days anyway?

Doing Shrek movies. Love Guru couldn't have been that bad that he stopped doing movies for almost 10 years now can it?
>>
>>80028570

WANG stop looking out the window
>>
>The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
>>
>>80028018
They need to make one more. There's a decade missing and no conclusion.
>>
>>80028018
Pretty much the last of the good satire movies.
>>
reddit loves this one
>>
>>80031512
Well... okay.
>>
>>80029326
>objectively terrible

AKA "In my opinion, it isn't as good as I remember it"

Why is it so bad, anon?
>>
>penis pump is swedish
Ahead of its time
>>
>>80031304
top fucking kek
>>
>>80031304
>He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark
Favourite line out of the series.
>>
The first movie is a classic.

The other two mostly just rehash jokes from the first.
>>
>>80032125
Have you ever listened to The Goon Show?
>>
>>80031304
>In the spring we'd make meat helmets
what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>80032236
They're helmets made of meat.
>>
Nice guys reminded me of Austin powers
>>
How about..no, Scott.
>>
File: gold (2).jpg (20KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
gold (2).jpg
20KB, 300x218px
I like...gold!
>>
Still hilarious.

>villain having a typical surly teenage son
>those 60s transition
>every beautiful woman finding austin irresistible
>yes...we knew all along sadly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WP9xzRRUCA

The tone in the movies is just perfect
>>
>>80032235
Only the odd bits and pieces.
Peter Sellers is one of those people I've found to be amazing in everything I've seen him in but I've never delved into his career.
>>
>>80032489
>Ron Paul
>>>/pol/
>>
>you will never be 11 years old again and quoting Austin/Dr Evil/Fat Bastard with your friends every day for 6 months
>>
>>80032711
>you will never post memes over and over again with anyone.
feels bad
>>
File: dutch2.jpg (33KB, 413x354px) Image search: [Google]
dutch2.jpg
33KB, 413x354px
>>80032489

This movie is pretty funny if you're german
>>
>>80032711
>Fat Bastard
The worst part of rewatching AP2 the other night for me.
Reminded me of science class in primary school learning about plants and seed dispersal. When the teacher said "some seeds are floaters which..." and someone yelled out "Fat Bastard left a floater!"
The height of comedy to our nine or ten year old minds.
>>
>>80028018
Cultural phenomenon, but not particularly great. Still, my first viewing of the intro to the first one was amazingly fun. It's still pretty fun today. And the second one gave me some laughs with my dad when I was a kid. Austin Powers is bad, but I don't regret its existence.
>>
>>80030039
Danny Devito as Mini Me kills me every time.
>>
>>80028279
>Apparently, rumored for another Austin Powers movie. That might be fun.

Comedy sequels made years after the others usually suck, so fat chance
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.