[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Logan-Movie-Review-1.jpg (73KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Logan-Movie-Review-1.jpg
73KB, 1000x600px
Logan is the watershed moment of superhero movies we've been waiting for since The Dark Knight

I'm not being facetious when I say that "Logan" is in fact the best superhero movie since "The Dark Knight". It's in effect the perfect antidote to the overabundance of comic book movies that have flooded the market in the decade since. It's one of those movies that you tell people you know who don't like comic book movies, "this is the comic book movie for people who don't like comic book movies" because it's tonally miles more mature, grounded, & far more sincerely meaningful than most if not all of the superhero movies we've seen.

Gone is the bombastic cinematography & editing of superhero movies, the operatic soundtrack that often acts as compensation for the uninteresting or cliched things happening on screen, the playful action sequences where the stakes don't really matter, the fatigued dialogue, & cliched exposition. Instead, "Logan" focuses on being a very grounded, well acted, & well written character piece first & a comic book movie second. We've been with Professor X & Wolverine for so long that we know them very closely and seeing them in their aged decrepit states is quite moving since they are years past their prime. It's this concept that the film uses to great effect since these are superheros that at no longer at the peak of their performance. They are old now and that's frankly a bit of a shocking dramatic element that is done better & more believable than the beaten and battered Bruce Wayne we got in The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>80025268

Interestingly enough this movie has the foresight to have a minimal amount of action in it & that's actually a very good thing. It may sound like something you have heard before, but truly the plot & character development is what progresses the movie forward instead of the action but when the action happens it's gleefully cathartic R rated violence. Ever since Logan made his movie debut back in the 1st X-Men movies we've always pined to see him use, & have movies portray Wolverines iconic claws, in all their bloody glory, to witness him chop off someones limb, or to rip a giant gash into somebodys torso, & this movie finally delivers it all in such a believable way that never feels cartoonish or over done. The little girl in this movie is also very good. Quite the opposite of the cutesy precocious child actor type. She's genuinely creepy and you'll never forget the moment when you see her first unleash hell on her enemies. It's great stuff. Basically if they took the movie Hanna about a young girl who has been genetically altered to be a gifted violent killer being chased by the corporation who made her & the plot of T2: Judgement Day you get "Logan" and it's all for the best.

I've seen every MCU movie that has come out & DC films. Some are flawed, some are fun, but many of them are truly forgettable. However "Logan" is crafted with far more tact & dramatic heft that it's genuinely a cut above the rest. It really is the rare superhero movie that actually succeeds in simply being a good film rather than being merely "entertaining". It takes a once powerful & unstoppable superhero & shows him in a debased form which effectively humanizes him. "Thor" & "Antman" are fun films, but in 30 years no one will remember or care about them, but I guarantee you that years from now "Logan" will be a film we will still be talking about. It's a watershed moment for the genre. Grade A
>>
Sounds like sappy, superficial character drama with lots of closeups of sad faces. An adaptation embarrassed by its source material, typical pretentious cowardice.
>>
>>80025354
>sad faces

Lmao it's Wolverine, he's a stubborn asshole. Do you really think he cries the whole time?
>>
>>80025409
Okay, anguished/intense staring then. Either way it's cheap trickery and a substitute for compelling imagery.
>>
>>80025268

and you can thank deadpool for it
>>
>>80025354
this
>>
>>80025268
I really wanna see this film and it's good to see something I was psyched for but unsure about getting decent reviews. I'm not 100% this "let's make superhero films grim and realistic" thing as it sets the precedent of manchildren everywhere thinking stuff that is supposed to be kids is adult material. But this looks nice. Kind of like The Last of Us meets Stranger Things.
>>
I see shills are in full force today
>>
>>80025469
>Kind of like The Last of Us meets Stranger Things.
Both of those are dull crap for mainstream audiences.
>>
>>80025548
spoken like a true fa/tv/irgin. Both were great AND critically well received.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBZIO13JXA
>>
>>80025628
Fucking delete your post, it's garbage because I said so. Let me be a contrarian in peace
>>
>>80025628

NUH UH
>>
>>80025469
non-shill opinion: saw it last night and it's a very good movie, not just a good comic book movie. Would recommend.
>>
>>80025711
cheers, bro. rare to get a comment like this on here
>>
>>80025268
Saw it with my Father. Interestingly, the parts where we got choked
Up we're totally different. I was fighting back tears at the end when Logan was dying, however my Dad was completely dry eyed. My Dad actually, physically cried when Logan carries Xavier up the stairs in the farm house and into his bed. I was shocked to see this, as it did not hit me nearly as hard.

My Grandfather suffered with Alzheimer's though, so it totally makes sense. In short: Logan is really an adult movie beyond the blood and cuss words. It really pushes those adult, real life themes like a son caring for his elderly father who's in many ways a shell of himself. 100% Capekino, "There aren't any more guns in the valley." Bravo Hugh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.