[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched The Third Man. How was this bitch not in jail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: screenshot-lrg-131[1].png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-lrg-131[1].png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just watched The Third Man.

How was this bitch not in jail?
>>
there wasnt much point since harry was dead
>>
>>80014576
Yeah but she impeded the investigation. That's definitely punishable by being thrown in the gulag. Not to mention her forged documents.
>>
>>80012961
damn I just finished it too

>that scene where the kid started shouting in german
so good
>>
>>80014612
the Orson Welles reveal was way better.
>dat look
>>
>>80014640
smug bastard
>>
File: 1449774911624.webm (676KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449774911624.webm
676KB, 640x480px
>mfw the first time I saw the ending

Still rewatch it on youtube from time to time.
>>
name a better ending shot than this film's
>>
>>80014798
The Immigrant (2013)
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007)

Maybe not better but those are my personal favorites.
>>
>>80014650
Literally the only time i have ever jumped up from my seat
>>
any suggestions for other 40's noir?
>>
>>80015368
The Maltese Falcon
The Big Sleep
The Big Clock
Detour
Dead Reckoning
Lady From Shanghai
White Heat
Sunset Boulevard
Sweet Smell of Success
DOA
In A Lonely Place
Ace In The Hole
The Killers
Out Of The Past
The Lost Weekend
Double Indemnity

not everyone in the 40's but all of them are good
>>
Holly bought her freedom. Also this
>>80014576
>>
>>80014612
Watched the film when I was 20 or so. The cuckoo's clock speech has influenced my political views quite a bit. It's cynical but there is some truth in it even though the cuckoo's clock is not from Switzerland but from black forest in Germany.
>>
>>80012961
>How was this bitch not in jail?- 13 posts and 1 image reply shown.
Because I never knew the old Vienna before the war
>>
>>80015368
The best is Out of the Past. It wasn't the first in the noir style; but it's the film that created all of the tropes found in noir such as the femme fatale.

The ending is just incredible.
>>
>>80017882
That speech was not in Greene's script. Orson forced it into the film. Orson was an avid reader of Nietzsche and this is almost directly from NIietzsche's view on the Borgia and on cultural production.
>>
Any of you listed to the prequel radio series?

It was pretty good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Harry_Lime
>>
>>80014650
time to light a cigarette when happy ending is denied.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.