[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is kind of overrated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

It's not a bad movie, but the whole circlejerk that seems to break out whenever it gets mentioned seems way out of place.

The whole twist at the end wasn't that damn compelling. Personally, I would've found it just as interesting if they had stayed the course, and played it straight.
>>
>>80004483
Been meaning to re-watch this. comfy af on a gloomy day
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 150x162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 150x162px
I didn't get the film... He's going to wander the island with his doctor and engage in debates about characters with anagram names who may or may not exist? I forget which Noir the director referenced as influencing this film...?

This is a movie about an individual state of mind, but Daniels/Laeddis's situation isn't something that is particular to him, or something that is emblematic of a wider society. It kind of reminds me of DFW's essay on Television however, when he mentions the amnesiac on an episode of St. Elsewhere...
>>
Was Teddy sane?
>>
>>80004483
It's a good movie, but on repeated viewings there's waaaaaay too much fucking yacking throughout the movie. Scorsese should've rewritten the script and removed about 75% of the dialogue in the picture.

I definitely think the movie, or maybe this is from the book, pulls a double cross on you- Teddy was sane the entire time, and he was convinced he was Andrew Laeddis the same way the audience was convinced. The question at the end if he was faking or not was misdirection.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 544x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 544x396px
I could see the film making sense if he was slowly being entrapped in a false narrative. Then it arguably should've been more about the doctors. Imagine if DiCaprio played the doctor and Ruffalo was Daniels.
>>
File: Patrick_Confused.png (231KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick_Confused.png
231KB, 471x354px
>>80006224
Dude wut
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 820x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 820x719px
Suppose DiCaprio was cast as Dr, Sheeran, and it was his job to reorientate Daniels (Ruffalo) into the Laeddis personality. The comparison with Inception is then fairly direct, right? He's planting... an idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>They'll see and they'll know... why, he wouldn't even harm a fly...
>>
>>80004483
Right, The Beach was far better flick
>>
Honestly, I think I would've preferred it more if the movie had played it straight, and there was some fucked-up conspiracy/mystery going on. It wouldn't even need to have a happy ending where he gets away.
>>
One of my favorites. The music and camera work are fucking great.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.