[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantastic Opinion and How to Share it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Just marathoned this flick

I actually enjoyed it, was really surprised how good it was

8/10
>>
It was alright. it was held back cause it had to do a lot of setup. Hopefully they go bat shit crazy in the sequel.
>>
>marathoned
wtf
>>
>>80004276
Comfiest film of the year

I like nyut and his fat bf

I hated bowlcut and JUST!depp
>>
File: wat.png (47KB, 192x212px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
47KB, 192x212px
>>80004276
>marathoned
>>
>>80004276
it needs a voldemort 2.0
>>
Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

0/10
>>
A zestless mashup if I ever saw one.
>>
>>80004276

It's not bad, but they really should have spent more time developing the overarching plot, or at least have some shit moving in the background so it doesn't feel like something mentioned in the beginning and randomly appearing in the end.

Like, imagine if at some point Grindenwold pulled a kill-and-replace mid film and attentive viewers could spot it or some shit.

That's my only serious complaint though, I think as a franchise there's potential but this movie was more concerned with building the brand than telling a good, cohesive story.
>>
>>80004518
is that a meme already?
>>
>>80004276
it's an enjoyable movie but it's a movie that's seriously bogged down by its need to set up an overarching plot for future movies (rather than future movies just happening) that was really saved by the strength of its cast.
>>
>>80004736
I actually thought it workd really well as a stand alone.
>>
it was shit

i was hoping they were going beast hunting and traveling all over the place
>>
>>80004477
He's called Grindelwald and sure as fuck better be in one of the next ones

He got a cameo in Deathly Hallows, but he deserves more

He had the Elder Wand before Dumbledore. They had a duel that's remembered as "the most stunning display of sorcery in history" and after Dumbledore won he put Grindelwald in Azkaban and took the wand for himself

Stories like this need to be fleshed out
>>
>>80004944
Jkr revealed that he's also a seer apparently which is why he knew voldemort was coming.

Pretty interesting
>>
File: 1421124822975.png (69KB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
1421124822975.png
69KB, 265x200px
>>80005005
>yfw Grindelwald was trying to secure the Elder wand to protect the world from Voldemort
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.