[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to discuss the greatest TV series of all time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: no6.jpg (54KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
no6.jpg
54KB, 600x453px
It's time to discuss the greatest TV series of all time.
>>
>>79994096
Due South?
>>
looks like a pink floyd cover
>>
Who is number 1?

You are,
Number 6
>>
There is zero chance that more than 4 people on this board have seen The Prisoner
>>
what was up with the ending?
it felt like Evangelion's level of what the fuck
>>
>>79994096
That fucking ball! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>79994508
Really? I thought it would be culturally significant enough.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_in_popular_culture
>>
He was number 1 all along, right?
>>
KAR120C
>>
Portmeirion is cosy as fuck. Orange alert. Orange alert.

>>79994624
You are, number Six.
>>
>>79994585
pfff! Liar! You know perfectly well no one knows about this shit. Back to the ball for you.
>>
File: Danger-Man-Anthony-Sinclair.jpg (91KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
Danger-Man-Anthony-Sinclair.jpg
91KB, 900x546px
Danger Man is pretty comfy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWTdmwwK-ME

Second best tv theme opening after I, Claudius.
>>
File: 1337423722089.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1337423722089.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
My nan went on a date with that guy lol.
>>
>>79994696
3 minutes. It's so long yet you can't help but watch it everytime. Modern shows with 20 seconds long credits, I skip them everytime.
>>
I love my wife
She has hair
>>
Why didn't he just tell why he resigned?
Was it autism?
>>
>>79994520
Seconding this. What the fuck was even going on? Can a patrician explain?
>>
>>79994879
I think the comicbook explained that him accepting he was a number broke his mind and made him crazy, also Number two faked his own death and resurrection to fuck with the guy
>>
>>79994879
mystery spy style set up, culminating in a writer taking too many drugs confusing symbolism silliness.
They lost the plot
>>
The Prisoner proves beyond all reasonable doubt all current TV shows are lacking courage. The shit endings of series like Sopranos and Lost as compared to it prove it. They do have lots of boobs though.
>>
>>79994935
Don't need a comic to know he was just broken, and since the series was always from his perspective (the scenes where he wasn't present were things he was imagining), you got to see what reality looked like to a completely broken man.
>>
>>79994879

As I saw it, it was about self-realization/Breaking free from dogma and becoming yourself. The trial was supposed to symbolize a man's life, Hence the young guy, him and the old guy(The three stages of a man's life). And then he rejects being a master of a old/closed/ordered system and ascending to being a free man.

But then again, it was a few years ago and somebody will probably explain it better. I'd reccommend re-watching it and look for symbolisms and draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>79995056
>(the scenes where he wasn't present were things he was imagining)

wait what but there are multiple episodes where people discuss things he couldn't know
>>
>>79994820
He gave a reason when he resigned, they didn't believe/accept it.
>>
>>79994879
He is still not a free man.
>>
>>79994096

Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I
>>
>>79994696
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOaIVUT7Nk
>>
>>79995125
hes speculating shit.
>>
Rover was fucking spooky. I used to actually hide behind the couch. The effects are creepy as fuck.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.