[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT >Movies that changed the course of history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.jpg (90KB, 1042x910px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
90KB, 1042x910px
ITT
>Movies that changed the course of history
>>
>it changes everything

But almost nobody saw it.
>>
>it changes everything
Until the next black kid is shot and the next trans woman is raped in jail
>>
>>79993074
Optimists would see it as the academy being open to more art house films but really this is just them trying to appease people but not wanting to give an award to Hidden Figures which was basically a bigger budget lifetime movie
>>
Changed what exactly?
>>
>>79993074
Sorry but what the fuck is the q for in lgbtq?
>>
File: basedjews.jpg (37KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
basedjews.jpg
37KB, 460x300px
>“The Oscars are not that important.”
>>
>best picture winner made on $1.5m

i don't care who you are or what shenanigans you think they pulled, that's pretty rad desu
>>
>>79993319
It's just celebrity worship shit and people on Twitter love that, makes a lotsense they would care about it. The whole thing where they brought in a bunch of poor people was prime example of what the producers probably think the average viewer is like.
>>
>>79993311
Queer

>tee hee you can't categorize me!
>>
It lierally changes nothing.
>>
>>79993311
questioning
>>
>>79993403
Fuck I thought I was up with all this shit from being on here, since when is queer not gay? And why did they drop the I? It's like someone just spilled some alphabet spaghetti, they picked the first few letters and then made up a narrative that fit them.
>>
I love the Oscars, it's the perfect list of which movies aren't worth a shit.
>>
>>79993409
I wonder if people will even look at this movie in the same vain as classics like Citizen Kane or Casablanca in the future. Or will it fade into obscurity as some kind of novelty picture.
>>
>>79993108
When was the last time a best picture winner was a huge popular blockbuster? And why dont they just release these movies online first and then in theaters?
>>
>>79993074
literally nobody cares

virtue signalling patronizing nonsense
>>
>>79993481
It means genderqueer, where people don't know what gender they are. A means either asexual or agender (where people think they don't have a gender). P means pansexual (they'll fuck anything but you). F means genderfluid, where they think they're a boy one day, and a girl the next. Don't worry, we'll have O for otherkin and furries, and C for child lover soon enough
>>
>>79993074
it was alright. i liked it well enough and even more than la la land but its hardly best picture.
>>
>>79993577
LOTOR, then there's Gladiator and Titanic before that
>>
File: 2990379.jpg (209KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
2990379.jpg
209KB, 500x750px
>>79993074
>Oscars viewership: 32.9M

>Trump's address to congress: 47.7M

hollywood is dead, they are so out of touch with the general populace

>"it changes everything"
wow! literally who gives a shit, all the headlines are now clickbaits and nothing has value anymore
>>
>>79993481
It means genderqueer, but the confusing part is that those people refer to themselves as transgender, so it's just a stupid redundancy. Like listing bisexuality and "pansexuality" as separate concepts
>>
>>79993560
Citizen Kane didn't win the oscar. The AA were always trash.
>>
File: 1448819049610.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1448819049610.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>>79993214
>hollywood will never notice smaller art house films
>>
File: Rashomon_1950_6357.jpg (37KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
Rashomon_1950_6357.jpg
37KB, 350x466px
>>79993074
so criterion general?
my favorite is Rashomon and how it broke the idea of linear storytelling and subsequently spawned the oscar foreign film genre
>>
>>79993939
meant category not genre
>>
>>79993817
>they are so out of touch with the general populace

are you implying they should have given the award to civil war or that furious movie?

what does the box office of a film have to do with an award?
>>
Pulp Fiction changed the way movies were being made forever

In a bad way
>>
>>79994009
no, im saying that the engagement/ general quality of movies have dropped so much, nobody cares to even tune in anymore

the whole event is just rich celebs clapping for other rich celebs while giving out awards to movies that only appeals to hollywood

you could have swapped the all the winners of the oscars, and 9 out of 10 people on the street would not care
>>
>>79993627
The world is truly going to hell
>>
Moonlight has only grossed 22mil worldwide and it's been out for months. The only people who care a film buffs.
>>
File: 1479602231362.jpg (65KB, 961x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479602231362.jpg
65KB, 961x720px
>>79993074
>/pol/yps so buttmad, they're making 10 threads daily about it
Worth every shekel
>>
>>79994398
>film buffs
""""""""""film buffs""""""""""
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.