[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Hollywood make a Navidson Record movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
When will Hollywood make a Navidson Record movie?
>>
Not while Danielewski is either alive or still has money of any kind.

It's certainly not unfilmable but it would be a tough sell. Keeping the focus on darkness and the unknowable instead of swapping in an actual monster and more defined architecture is a must and would take someone with some integrity and skill. You also need to keep the meta and story within a story within a story aspect about it, So they could add a mockumentary angle to frame it all and then have one of the producers of the mockumentary go on a Truant esque binge.
>>
Book sucked
>>
post some more info

what is this
>>
>>79988072
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Leaves#The_Navidson_Record
>>
Navidson Record is great, the rest of the book was utter shit and pointless
>>
>>79988218
I don't want spoilers in case I want to read it

can you tell me something about it?

I'm geniunly interested
>>
>>79988699
It's almost impossible to describe. Suffice it to say that it involves a house that is bigger on the inside than on the outside.
>>
>>79988699
It's about a young man who finds a book that a blind old man wrote about a documentary that never existed about a house.
>>
the guy is working on his 27 volume series now. 27.

the first five volumes seem to be ~850 pages
>>
>>79988699
Not him, but the book is called House of Leaves and is comprised of a bunch of stuff, but the majority is taken up by an account called 'The Navidson Record', a trouble couple and their kids move into a new house. Eventually, 'spatial anomalies' begin to appear, that get more and more bizarre over time. It's a really good read, good weird fiction.

Johnny's story and the other accompanying narratives and footnotes and shit are honestly pointless and detract from the genuinely creepy atmosphere of the Navidson Record.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.