[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oscars 2018

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: OscarStatuettes-jpg_215853.jpg (47KB, 630x402px) Image search: [Google]
OscarStatuettes-jpg_215853.jpg
47KB, 630x402px
What are your premature guesses for next year's best picture?

inb4 Dunkirk

I remember earlier last year when everyone thought Birth of a Nation and Silence were the frontrunners.
>>
>>79983073
Like every year, the ones close to the event...
>>
Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Thomas Anderson are working together again. It's over.
>>
>>79983073
Depends. What movies being made this year focus on a poor, black, gay choir boy with Straight 'A's living in the ghetto who gets shot by an evil racist, homophobic, white, Republican cop?
>>
>>79983073
The one about the Rheinland Bastard who falls in love with the Nazi is Oscarbait as fuck.
>>
>>79983266
>imdb summary for Untitled PTA project: "Set in the fashion world of 1950s London, a dressmaker is commissioned to design for members of high society and the royal family."

>royal family
>dressmaker
>starring DDL

Yeah its over. Fugg, i was hoping Dunkirk would get at least Best Director or something.
>>
>>79983350
but it portrays one nazi as good so idk
>>
>>79983467
Yeah he's good because he "learns the error of his racist and evil ways." That's a key part of oscarbait.
>>
Kathryn Bigelow the Zero Dark Thirty and Hurt Locker director is doing a movie about this

>A police raid in Detroit in 1967 results in one of the largest citizen uprisings in the United States' history.
>>
>>79983390
>royal family
You yanks fuckin love 'em so it's bound to get some. The Kings Speech was ok but nowhere near Best Picture
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 800x745px
This is Gary Oldman.
>>
>>79983959
I actually liked Kings Speech desu.
It was miles above the more recent Best Picture winners i've seen imho.
>>
Cuaron is making a film set in mexico city. It will probably win best foreign film and get some other nominations for cuaron a lubezki
>>
>>79984191
Might not win tho, esp. if its Foreign Language and considering Cuaron just won 2 Oscars for Gravity a few years back, and Lubezki just won 3 Oscars in a row.

Might net a Picture/Directing/Screenplay/Cinematography noms (not wins) and a Foreign Language Film win though.

But yeah it probably ought to be in the conversation.

Dunkirk, it, that Gary Oldman as Churchill movie, and the PTA film.

Also is the Chazelle/Gosling Neil Armstrong biopic coming out this year or next? B/c the Academy might want to make it up to Chazelle by giving his next film BP and Gosling Best Actor as a make-up.
>>
>>79983390
>Nolan
>best director
>>
>>79984010
It was shot well and acted very well but the story was pretty lack luster as nothing really happened and I find it hard to feel bad for a King. Colin Firth deserved Best Actor for it though. I'd still give it 4 stars like.
>>
Goodbye Christopher Robin
>>
I predict Finn Wolfhard will win an award for his role in IT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.