[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is season 2 worth to watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

Is season 2 worth to watch?
>>
>>79981559
unironically no.
>>
i personally never got into it despite watching the entire season

it was just such a let down after the first season (even after the letdown that was the first season finale)
>>
Nope. Fucking awful season.
>>
No. It sets up some intriguing bits and just goes to shit. If you do watch it, forget that it's named "True Detective" because that just insults the memory of the first one.
>>
>>79981584
This. Pizza was one trick pony.
Actors did a good job, but the writing was horrible.
>>
>>79981596
You need to go back.
>>
>>79981559
I was thinking about watching it again but then I remembered that "epic" fight scene between Vince and the Mexican pimp and I couldn't bring myself to.
>>
>>79981559
Watch it yourself and find out.

I liked it so my recommendation is yes.
>>
Even without comparing it to Season 1 its still a pretty bad show.
It tries to be something more than it is and ends up just being a convoluted mess of a story.
>>
>>79981559

Memes aside, no.

I literally watched every episode except the last one. It was that poor that I can't even be bothered to finish it after putting in all that time.

It's not only really bad, it's really frustrating because Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn are great in it, and there's SOME interesting material in there.

It's dismal quality dip pretty much killed the show.

Like, put it this way;

Imagine the first season one shot shootout in the ghetto - Only directed with a million cuts and shot on a really crappy sound stage that doesn't look like the ghetto at all, and it's shot with the same quality as your average NCIS episode.

I mean the IDEA is there - But the execution is horrendous.

Also;

>Cast two former stars in interesting roles

Good job

>Cast two other minor stars in "why are we even watching this" roles

Imagine if in Season 1, in addition to Woody and McGonnagay, they also cast Josh Harnett and Jessica Biel as rookie cops with dramatic arcs similar to Grey's Anatomy or something, and then they took up half the run time.
>>
>>79981691
Wrong.
>>
No, it's boring and up its own ass.
>>
>>79981739
Right.
>>
>>79981559
watch this and decide for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V496LMHj2pQ
>>
>>79981733
>spend a ton of screentime with gaycop and his plot
>he just gets killed and dropped
Like what was even the point?
>>
>>79981559
It is, but only if you can separate it from Season 1 which it is absolutely nothing like
>>
>>79981772
Agreed. They made it way too complex for no reason. When you boil down season 1 it's a very simple story: two detectives hunt for a killer. Season 2 has so many characters and subplots which are barely related. Maybe if they were going to make it a long series that would work but in 8 episodes it ends up just being confusing and pointless.
>>
I really enjoyed it

However, its nothing like S1. Plot strands go no where and it doesnt really kick into gear until after the time jump.

Its a pity though, because Farrells performance is fucking great and the show basically hangs on him

Whole show should have been Ray and one of the other characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHOGs5x90PU
>>
Vince Vaughns best performance of his career.

There are some great moments, brief moments and anecdotes.

But to follow something as flawless as True Detective season 1... they set themselves up for total failure, which it was.
>>
vinceposting
>>
No, Casper knew this
>>
>>79981559
Vince Vaughn was surprisingly good, but the writing and story was such garbage that it didn't even matter.

The season was absolutely horrible.
>>
It's worth watching just to makr fun of. Atleast watch the episide where they crash the party dressing annie as a whore FOR NO REASON since they break in the side door and find the papers in the first droor they open (THERES SIGNATURES ALL OVER!)

Then annie gets ptsd flashbacks, kills a dude, and they tokyo drift into the moon as dubstep starts playing

You think i made any of that up? Watch the episode.
>>
>>79981559
It's still better than most shit nowdays
>>
>>79981559
No, its one of the worse tv show ever made.
>>
>>79981559
No.just let season 1 be what it is and that is it
>>
I really think pizza tanked season 2 on purpose. Hbo made him shoehorn in a woman and a faggot for the reddit sjw crowd so he burned the ship to kill the rats.

They had the GOAT intro song and it was in all the promo stuff, then the real intro turns out to be some spoken word fedoracore bullshit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh44ml8f17g
>>
>>79981559

Lera Lynn is the only reason season 2 is worth watching.
>>
>>79981559
Yes, it's great.
>>
File: 1452926971059.jpg (26KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
1452926971059.jpg
26KB, 400x317px
I loved S1 and preferred S2
>>
File: bravo_pizza.jpg (405KB, 1518x792px) Image search: [Google]
bravo_pizza.jpg
405KB, 1518x792px
>>79981733
>>79982915
>Hbo made him shoehorn in a woman and a faggot for the reddit sjw crowd so he burned the ship to kill the rats.

You know the point was all the main characters were fuck ups and hunted by their personal demons/past they couldn't escape?
>>
File: file.png (1010KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1010KB, 1280x640px
>>79981559
It is if you only pay atention to these 2 characters, why they felt the need to have the other 2 i will never understand
>>
>>79981559
American TV is awful. There are hundreds of better crime dramas than True Detective Season 1. Let alone the abysmal Season 2.
>>
>>79984138
Why?

Like i can understand why redditors and idiots hate the ending of season 1. The magical spaghetti monster just might be real. The light is winning. I loved it but i can understand why others feel cheated.

But i cannot fathom why anyone would prefer season 2 over season 1. The gun fight was best action of the 2 seasons but other than that season 2 was worse on all accounts.
>>
>>79981559
NO
>>
>>79984321
Not the person you're replying to, but I think your first mistake is performing any kind of comparative exercise in regards to the two seasons.
>>
Post memes, please. I love those threads.
>>
>>79981559
Absolutely not, it's garbage.
>>
File: 1479991097602.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479991097602.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>79984317
>>
File: tenoutoften.gif (2MB, 576x238px)
tenoutoften.gif
2MB, 576x238px
download the yifi rip for extra scenes
>>
File: 1487569491693.gif (1MB, 266x268px)
1487569491693.gif
1MB, 266x268px
Does anyone remember the period between season 1 and 2 wheres supposedly people were recieving packages that included drawings, statues and amulets that somehow would hint to the plot of season 2?

Where those fake or what? because from what i remember there was nothing of that on the show and can't even seem to find info about the packages online.

If those were actually real they might add to the theory that Pizzaman was forced into changing the show.
>>
Can someone remind me what actually Caspere knew?
>>
It's like a Pynchon novel gone grim and fucked up. Far superior to Season 1.
>>
>>79984522
Theres tons of proof out there. And i used to drink beer with pizza in a little bar on 27th street in galveston.

I am absolutely c onvinced pizza tanked it on purpose. The song thing isnjust thebglaring example. They had rights to all of lara lynns songs. Onlu thing worth fighting for is the perfect song. And they go with the fedoracore spoken word. Someone made that descision.

But there are millions of little descisions that you should pick up on. How about how gaycop was useless then dies. He added almost nothing to the plot. How about how annie is the archetype of female power lust?

Jesus kiddos. Open your eyes. Pizza didn't even try to hide it.
>>
>>79985425
The pot head detective died in the massage parlor the rest is a death dream.

Supposed adults really beleive that everyone just got their dreams at the end. ...
>>
>>79985456
Do you remember the packages too? do you have any pictures of them i really want to see them again but can't find shit about them.
>>
>>79985456
>And i used to drink beer

Judging by your spelling, you should stop.
>>
>>79981559
just watch spotlight and state of play for your mcadams fix and overall more intriguing plot. and it takes less time too
>>
>>79982085
Very true.

It's worth watching for the Vinceposting alone. Pretty bad tho, even without comparing it to season 1, which it really can't hold a candle to.
Shame, as some anons have said, Vaughn and Farrell are good in it. Writing ain't.
>>
>>79985425
This, it's chic nihilism, pure californitis. The first season is sophomoric and dull, quite possibly the single most middlebrow television product ever created this side of Mad Men.
>>
>>79986798
>>79985425
>t. plebs
>>
>>79981559
First or second episode for the best line ever
> "And what? What? Shit in 'em?!"
>>
>>79986798
I liked the first season, but yes, it's way safer and more conventional than the second one, that might be one of the strangest products of modern television. It reeks of futility and human decay under a system where only money still means something. Pretty sure it will become a cult piece in the years to come.
>>
season 2 could win just for the opening of the third episode
fuck all these kids that felate s1 like it's some mindblowing masterpiece, s2 had more impact
>>
File: FrankSemyon.png (150KB, 628x612px) Image search: [Google]
FrankSemyon.png
150KB, 628x612px
>>79981559

Absolutely fucking not, Ray.
>>
>>79981596
this.

the ending of season one ruined it.
>>
>>79987807
>>79981596
>the ending ruined it
>why wasn't it typical nihilistic garbage REEEEEEEE

stay fedora
>>
>>79987839
>cliched he saw the light ending

It was abrupt and felt forced. He should've died or languished permanently in a coma.

Also
>we get tantalized by the big guys at the top of the plot and end up with only a fat guard dog instead
>>
>>79985425
>Pynchon

It's basically a Elmore Leonard ripoff
>>
>>79981559
Only decent scene is when Vaughn is walking through the desert and hallucinates the people that made him suffer through out his life.
>>
>>79987932
>lmao hope is cliche
>>
>>79981596
>>79987807

It worked better as a weekly experience than a marathon. The discussion here in between the episodes was half of the experience. I was also disappointed with the ending but since the ride had been so wild it didn't take away as much as it otherwise would have done.
>>
>>79988095
you're right, it is.
>>
>>79988095
Even if it weren't the series felt as if it was building up to something else, i see why he would feel let down.
>>
No, it's completely different TV show. There is absolutely no reason to start watching the second season because you liked season 1 since where as S1 was all around great, S2 has couple decent moments and the rest is poor written and acted CSI tier garbage.
>>
>>79987969
The names of the characters, the convolute plot, the futile investigation and the surreal bits here and there reminded me more of TCOL49 or Inherent Vice than anything by Leonard. It was quite Pynchonesque.
>>
File: rarepeterson.png (1MB, 1080x1076px) Image search: [Google]
rarepeterson.png
1MB, 1080x1076px
>>79981559
Definitely. Only plebs who watched it for the plot complained about it. Kids here should seek the story instead.
>>
>>79988256
dad?
>>
>>79981559
Watch Hannibal instead
>>
>>79988142
Doesn't mean it's bad, as it is definitely not done in quality work like this. Usually this type of thing ends with nihilistic garbage as that anon suggests, which is itself a cliche at this point.

>>79988143
I guess I can understand this, since there were clearly many more people involved with the cult. I'm glad they didn't focus on the fat killer more though, I think the nuance of the show and intelligence in it come from the character interactions, and their insights on family life and such things desu. The murder mystery acted as a vehicle for that, which is why I'm glad they actually had a coherent narrative with a "happy" ending so to speak, as it gave closure to the characters, and an arc overall.
>>
>>79988166
Have you ever read any pynchon? I doubt you ever read inherent vice. Its a death dream dumbass. You ever read the 9/11 one? That shitfest was a chore.

Pynchon is a meme writer that will never be close to what pizza did. Galveston is a great book. It is based off a true unsolved murder investigation. The i45 murders. Season 1 was well written and did it justice.
>>
>>79988294
>tfw they made Francis an oil driller and ruined his entire plot line

It became nothing but fanwank really. The basis of the entire series is supposed to be centered around Dolarhyde and Graham. Hannibal is tiny fraction of the source material and Graham considers him to be like a deformed baby and all Dolarhyde wants is to show himself to Lecter then immediately kill him

>tfw Red Dragon got like 6 episodes
>tfw the best portrayal of Dolarhyde is 2002 with Ralph Fiennes
>tfw we will NEVER get a proper version of Dolarhyde
>tfw ripped, blonde Dolarhyde with yellow colored eyes will NEVER happen

JUST LIGHT ME ON FIRE AND ROLL ME DOWN A PARKING GARAGE
>>
>>79988407
>Pynchon is a meme writer that will never be close to what pizza did
Thanks for making clear that I should not listen anything of what you just said, friend.
>>
Aw son, they kill you. They kill in the final episode. In some trees, Ray. They do it in some trees.

I'm not joking Ray, I have the script right here.
>>
>>79988466
I have read all 3 of pynchons books. And i find it hilarious that 95% of morons literally can't understand inherent vice.

Yep. The bad guys died and the good guys got all their dreams...
>>
File: Frank.jpg (28KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
Frank.jpg
28KB, 960x638px
>>79988556
What did Caspere mean by this?
>>
>>79988623
>all 3 of pynchons book
>>
>>79988650
He only write 3 that matter. And i am being generous to that 1200 page shitfest abaout 9/11 and tech.
>>
>>79988650
Also, if t. pynchons writing style doesn't infuriate you thenbyou are a pleb.

I can drunkenly miss Capitalize words in a 254 word post and you get over it. Pynchon just throws the dictionary, thesaurus, and writing manual to the curb.
>>
surprising lack of contrarians in this thread, well done, /tv/
>>
>>79981751
But that scene isn't indicative of the quality of the season at all, it's one of two Lynch ripoffs that the show never touches on again by episode 4 on where it becomes NCIS.
>>
In retrospect, I can see parts of it that were truly weirder and more interesting than Season 1 but half of that comes from the execution coming off half-cocked and I'm not sure how many levels of deep the show is operating on. The direction was terrible in comparison to the first season and the writing was more hackneyed. It is an objectively inferior product. I would suggest watching it and then resolving to rewatch it years down the road. I really believe it's a more authentic product of Pizzaroni, for better or worse (mostly worse) and it may have value if you can try to understand what they really wanted with this. My biggest fear is that Season 3 will be overly-sanitized in order to try to recapture what worked about Season 1.
>>
Vince Vaughn ruins it.
>>
>>79985456
>fedoracore spoken word
I Was Not Cucked is introkino
>>
They tried to do too much and failed at everything. I only liked Farrell's character and his performance.
>>
>>79981559
dont listen to the memers anon
it was good stuff, not season 1 good
but it was okay
>>
>>79981665
You're telling a /tv/ autist to form his own opinion on something.
Truly a fruitless endeavor
>>
>>79982915
Dude.
Please tell me you weren't just pleb enough to shit talk Leonard Cohen.
>>
yeah I liked it

Colin Farrell's performance alone is worth watching for.
>>
>>79981559
season 2 is patrician tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKogArhMC0
>>
Yes but plebs hate it
>>
>>79992132
If leanird (((cohan))) was the rediculous spoken word artsr then yea i am calling him shit. But i am calling out whatever producer said "nah fucknit. We paid for lera lyn andbher best $song succinctly tells the story in 4 lines. But lets not use that, lets use some spoken word garbage that has nothing to do with the show"

Season2 was so bad it had to be bad on purpose. They literally had a lera lyn song that perfectly described the mood, used it in 3 different promos, then wentbwith. THE WAR WAS LOST

what fucking war? They are solving a murder case that may or may not involve pedos.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.