[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/s opinions of Peaky Blinders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

What is /tv/s opinions of Peaky Blinders?
>>
only seen season 1 and 2 and it was decent enough without being mindblowing

how is season 3?
>>
>>79980101
Brilliant
>>
File: russia.jpg (43KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
43KB, 590x350px
>>79980101
it was comfy to watch desu, but was it based or semi based on some story? were gypsy gangs real that powerful in britain 100 years ago?

I wonder about season 3 with russians orgies,

were orgies a thing among aristocracy?

they did not have pills or condoms back then
>>
Season 1 and 2 were brilliant

I don't like how they killed off the communist guy, as he was important to showing that the PBs were not true allies of the working class of birmingham.

Season 3 was a bit much really. I don't like how it glorifies the Blinders, particularly Tommy. The guy is not a hero, he's a violent thug that happens to be able to plan shit. I find that I don't really root for the Blinders and wouldn't care if they got killed.
>>
File: 1480276408881.jpg (17KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1480276408881.jpg
17KB, 466x349px
>someone sold it to me as British Boardwalk Empire
>watch episode 1
>multiple instances of singing, musical-style
>>
>>79980859
season 3 takes the series into a nosedive
>>
>>79980880
The annoying Russian girl was a qt I would hatefuck her
>>
>>79980880

pikeys have been a scourge upon the british isles for many years

the """"irish""""" that made up gangs in New York were probably just travellers themselves, honestly
>>
Peaky fookin blinders.
I like their use of radiohead throughout the show
>>
>>79980101
The main gripe I had about Season 3 was no one listening to Tommy when he seemed to almost always have the better plan. Then when his family would cock it up, they would say "muh family, now spend your whole winnings on getting them back". However, the shock of them all getting arrested at the end was pretty great. It definitely took that look of Arthur's smug bitch wife's face. It was like one minute was "women, equality, rights, temperance," then suddenly Tommy shat on that right in front of them.

I like it, but I'm glad the Russian subplot is done.
>>
>PJ Harvey the show
>>
>>79980101
>that part where the creators bought the Arctic Monkeys album and felt like they had to put all of it in the show
>>
>Right listen good, chaps
>mdfohahv mhmm ahmhmmaamamm PEAKY FOOKIN BLINDERS
>>
>>79981071

Wait the Peaky Blinders are of Irish descent?

But in the show one of the main enemies are the Irish gangs

Which I find funny since Cillian Murphy is Irish and half his dialogue in them scenes are slating them
>>
Fantastic show. Season 3 isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it is definitely the weakest season so far. Aunt Pol is best momfu.
>>
>>79981079
tommy is like big guy, always with plan, almost always in control

its pretty hard to belive that some gypsy without education is so smart.
>>
>>79981239
The Irish have a rich history of hating each other.
>>
>>79981239
they are half gypsy, half irish or some irish travellers, I am not native and I have no idea when artur is doing some small talk kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzYrtG7dCg0
>>
>>79980101
DA PEAKY FOKKIN BLOYNDERS

Arthur's actor is fantastic
>>
>>79981079
Except when Tommy fucked it up by scorching the earth of the Italians. That was incredibly stupid. John was always a nasty piece of work but stamping on the italians for no reason at all was ridiculously stupid and over the top with the violence. And then his wife gets shot and it's his fault completly.

Also that time they burnt down a pub because of something a guy in the pub did. What's the fucking point?

Despite Tommy's "we're true working people innit" speech at the end, they really are no better than the establishment. The establishment may be more powerful, but the Blinders would act just like them if they had that power.
>>
NO
FUCKING
FIGHTING
>>
So is Sam Neills accent good?

I thought it was pretty good but talking to some mates they said it was shit
>>
>>79981292
the "gypsies" in the uk don't even have anything to do with the actual romani people. they are just poor irish people or some shit
>>
>>79981474
It was hit and miss, but nonetheless a fun accent.
>>
>>79981474
It sounds like a stereotypical Northern Irish accent, not a natural one. Neill was born in NI but spent most of his life in New Zealand so you can't blame him for not getting it spot on. It's serviceable and funny as fuck when he's doing dry humour though.
>>
File: SHALOM ARTHUR.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
SHALOM ARTHUR.gif
2MB, 500x200px
AFFUUUURRR SHALOOMMMM
>>
Meh
Only seen s1. Found It boring
>>
>>79981039
it's one character singing as bar entertainment
>>
>>79981604
>tfw jewish women are off the fucking menu
>>
Literally the best show about organized crime ever made. And yes, that includes the sopranos and the wire. Only patricians will understand this.
>>
AND FOURFOUSAND FOR DE SECKS
>>
>>79981723
No that would be Breaking Bad anon

Followed closely by Boardwalk Empire

Only the first two seasons though :3
>>
>>79981604
Honestly Tom Hardy as the mob boss leader of the jews was great. He's not at all in the stereotype of jews and is clearly just in it for the power while being a great character
>>
Blonde had nose job before s3?

Her nose were broke in the middle in the s1
>>
File: hes a big goy.png (3MB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
hes a big goy.png
3MB, 1280x690px
>>79981604
YOUR 'EAD IS LIKE SOME SORT OF SMASHED VASE WOT HAS BEEN STUCK BACK TOGETHER BY AN 'ORSE

>>79981773
>He's not at all in the stereotype of jews
He's the perfect stereotype of an East End Jewish gangster
>>
>>79981771
Well that's wrong but regardless, one could make the argument that breaking bad isn't actually a show about organized crime. It's part of the show yes, but the story we're being told is about Walt who is a lone wolf that sometimes works with people when it will benefit him. The closest he gets to being part of a family/gang is when he's working for the chicken guy but even then he's simply being employed by him to cook his meth. It really doesn't matter though as breaking bad is mediocre at best.
>>
File: arthur.jpg (97KB, 786x1000px) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
97KB, 786x1000px
>>
>>79981039
Episode 1 really does have that pilot episode feel. It gets into the swing of things in episode 2-3.
>>
File: annabelle-wallis-jpg-152.jpg (1MB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
annabelle-wallis-jpg-152.jpg
1MB, 3000x1996px
>>79981795
Yeah she had a nose job at some point. Her nose was quite large but I didn't mind it.
>>
>>79982316

>Now in the Mummy remake

Shes finished
>>
>Its a Tommy walks past the furnaces in slow motions while contemporary rock plays
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.