[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charlie Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Charlie Work.jpg (57KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie Work.jpg
57KB, 960x540px
Season 10, Episode 4 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Thoughts on this episode?

I think it is the best work of the show, absolutely fantastic. The "Birdman" type cinematography (it was actually filmed and released before Birdman) was amazing.
No other episode enraptures Charlie Days talent as well as this episode.
>>
I h8 gimmick episodes

even though it was well done
>>
>>79977109
this and baugs challenge episode are my favorite episodes of the show. Not only because of the long cuts but because of the dialouge that needs to be created to go with the flow of the style of filming
>>
>>79977144
one thing that sort of got to me a bit was the "alright, alright, alright" thing from dazed and confused. that gimmick didn't sit well with me.

>>79977148
the baugs challenge episode had some genuinely hilarious moments in it, more so than this episode.
>Dee thinking it was the dukes of hazards guy's record
>>
It made Charlie way too competent for his character, suddenly he had complete control of the gang and was smart enough to unravel their scheme and hatch his own plan all in one move. I think they could have respected his character a little more by having him in on the scheme from the beginning and still hustle them through the Charlie Work, rather than suddenly be intelligent enough to understand everything that's happening all at once.
>>
>>79977109
>The best work of the show

Maybe of the season, but seasons 3-5 are the pinnacle of the show and I doubt they'll come close to topping them ever again.
>>
I still don't understand why they had to pretend that was a restaurant.
>>
reddit.
>>
>>79977829
Literally every character varies from idiot to smart depending on the episode, or even individual conversations within an episode. I just handwave it away as depending on how drunk they are on a given day. Honestly one of the shows bigger flaws imo.
>>
>>79979638
because charlie is like a genius bro
>>
>>79979638
So the delivery guy wouldn't get suspicious and report to his boss that there's some kind of scam going on. Or worse, make a scene in front of the health inspector.
>>
people who think this episode was good because muh shooting style are idiots -it's not a funny ep
>>
>>79979638
Because the delivery driver saw the sign above the bar and, by delivering all those steaks, he assumed they were a restaurant.
>>
>>79979663
Charlie has bouts of common sense and 'straight man' behavior but this episode took the funny twist ending to Charlie and Dee Find Love and used it for a whole episode. I hate this new excuse of 'Charlie is actually smart, he just drinks paint lol'. The only reason they give him that hyper-intelligence is because somewhere along the line they confused his squalor for retardation.
>>
>>79979716
He's had a lot of episodes where he's shown to be smart, or at least talented at the things he does. Did you forget about The Nightman Cometh?
>>
Charlie is the best character on the show next to Dennis
>>
>>79979793
That's the Charlie I like, the one who can write a musical proposal to the waitress but needs someone else to decipher his nightmarish dreams into a script. I don't like when he switches from smart to stupid at the drop of a hat, like in Charlie Work where he is basically flawless as opposed to the Family Fight episode where he is outright insane.
>>
>>79979676
>Or worse, make a scene in front of the health inspector.

correct. your first reason was wrong though
>>
>>79977829
Considering how many times they've all schemed together, it makes sense that they could all piece it together pretty quick.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.