[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
Why is this so good.
>>
>>79972636
planning to rewatch S1 and S2 + FWWM to prepare for S3

maximum comfy
>>
>>79972664
Watching FWWM now, its really fucking good, but why replace Donna?

Really feel for Laura in this though.
>>
Smoked cheese pig
>>
>>79972831
Someone will post the pic, she looks like shit and was awful to work with
>>
>>79973119
Original Donna was?

Shame, she was pretty good in the show.
>>
>>79972831
moira kelly is the donna we were supposed to get but got fucked on thanks to politic

enjoy her, she's a limited resource
>>
File: Northern_Exposure-Intertitle.jpg (20KB, 304x233px) Image search: [Google]
Northern_Exposure-Intertitle.jpg
20KB, 304x233px
>>79972664
Been watching pic related while I'm waiting for Twin Peaks S3. Highly recommend it to fans of Twin Peaks.
>>
>>79972636
It's not. Slow as hell.

X-Files is far better as it has the stamina to cover as many interesting phenomena as possible.
>>
>>79973175
She was dating kyle maclachlan irl and wasn't comfortable with a coop/Audrey romance so it never happened
>>
File: 1468089989031.jpg (213KB, 1395x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1468089989031.jpg
213KB, 1395x1492px
>>79972636
Season 1 & 2 are on netflix but FWWM isn't. This is the first time I'm watching the series and I feel fucked
>>
Twin Peaks is a top 3 show for me no doubt. Rewatched the whole thing last month.

Will rewatch some of my favourites plus FWWM again before Season 3 so I can re-experience maximum comfiness again.
>>
It's been 2 months and I just cannot get through the season 2. The melodrama is just too bad and dumb
>>
>>79973559
You're not missing much honestly.
>>
watched for the spoopy

stayed for the waifus
>>
>>79973559
You're missing David Bowie doing the least convincing southern accent in history.
>>
File: 1487225058730.jpg (57KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487225058730.jpg
57KB, 720x720px
>accidentally skipped an episode in very early season 1
>assume I was retarded for not understanding what was going on and stuck with it
>realized it afterwards
>>
>>79974080
Kek, which episode?
>>
>>79974300
Second one I think.
I'm gonna wait a bit to try and forget as much as I can before picking it up again.
>>
>>79974027
>wur nat goner tawk aba joodee
fwwm > s1 > s2
>>
Just saw FWWM in the theater over the weekend. Do any of Lynch's other movies top it? I thought it was absolutely amazing, better than the show even.
>>
>>79974509
Blue Velvet is on a par with it
>>
Because it is maximum comfy. Lynch said he's always had a fascination with small-town american life, and this was his exploration of that life. It's almost hyper-real how the actors are portrayed... I guess because they seem like caricatures of common personalities we may find in our small towns when we first meet them... but lynch continues to build on them so that they become real. Like a bunch of pinnochios, basically. The mood of the show shifts moods constantly and still manages to be comfy.

A better question: why was the last half of season 2 so shit?
>>
>>79973785
Shit tier opinion. FWWM is a the yin to the show's yan; just as good, but in a different way, and absolutely essential.
>>
>>79973559
Go get it on YIFY
>>
>>79974509
>Do any of Lynch's other movies top it?
just watch all of them.
>>
>>79974509
No. A few of them come close and almost all of them are great, so watch them anyways.
>>
>>79973369
There would be no x-files without Twin Peaks.
If something is "too slow", learn to have patience you child.
>>
>>79974667
>>79974627
I will, I'm really just deciding on the order.
>>
>>79974509
Mulholland Dr. is also on par, its just different.
>>
>>79974616
I literally just got done watching fire walk with me on showtime, that was pretty awful. 90% of it is about some weird slut that we all know gets murdered. who cares?
>>
>>79974719
I thought it was very good at putting the viewer in Laura's shoes and examining the hell that was her life. It complements the general quirkiness and optimism of the show.
>>
>>79974719
>some weird slut that we all know gets murdered
Try developing some empathy and watching it again.
>>
>>79974719

>film is 134 minutes long
>first 30-40 minutes follow that plot then move onto exclusively Laura Palmer stuff.

Pay attention next time.
>>
>>79974816
I liked the first part better
>>
>>79974509
Lost Highway Tbh
>>
fwwm is a gr8 way to spot and filter out
the first 35 minutes (the fbi lads) is a gr8 turbo pleb filter even among twin peaks fans
>>
>>79974509
thats one of his weaker movies. wild at heart and the elephant man our my favorites
>>
>>79974940
Really? I thought more people liked that but disliked the prequel stuff since there was no new information.
>>
>>79975100
This. I loved everything at the start, but the Laura stuff was completely unnecessary.
>>
>>79975261
>but the Laura stuff was completely unnecessary.
Nope, that's the true pleb filter. It doesn't matter that we knew what was going to happen, it was masterclass kino directed perfectly. Do you only watch an amazing movie once because after that you know what happens?
>>
>>79975332
I dont find Laura to be an interesting character
>>
>>79975100
>>79975261

>not being moved when Laura finally receives her angel and is given absolution after years of abuse as Cooper lays a comforting hand on her shoulder while Sheryl Lee gives an incredible performance

What is wrong with you monsters ;_;
>>
>>79975382
I loved every second of the movie, I was just correcting the guy about plebs' wrong opinions.
>>
File: venus_de_milo.jpg (18KB, 254x638px) Image search: [Google]
venus_de_milo.jpg
18KB, 254x638px
>>79972636
>>79974923
The FBI procedural stuff was cool but I think I enjoyed it less when Coop wasn't the main focus. The part of the movie that focused on Laura was more enjoyable imo, I thought it was a nice contrast to the whimsical and fun nature of the show. It was cool hearing all the shit about Laura and seeing her over and over again and then finally getting to learn more all while knowing her fate. The show definitely never made me feel half as emotional as I did while I was watching the second half of FWWM.
>>
Anyone know what was up with Josie or what Ben Horne turned around to see in his office in season 2?
>>
>>79975498
Wood can absorb souls in Twin Peaks. See: the Log Lady's log.
>>
>>79975382
David? Is that you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ZRHjC5wGI
Will this be referenced in season 3?
>>
>>79975524
Yeah I guess it is kinda implied her husband is in there or something. Weird that some spirits get trapped in the wood and some get to pass on, like Laura.
>>
>>79975648
I want coffee now
>>
File: how to eat a sandwich.gif (1MB, 200x132px) Image search: [Google]
how to eat a sandwich.gif
1MB, 200x132px
>>79973053
watching it for the millionth time now and this is the only time I've noticed how fucking obsessed Jerry and Ben are with food
I have no idea how I've never noticed that before
it happened when I seen Ben eat the sandwich on its side and I just found it hilarious how he ate it like that
pic related
>>
File: showgirls.jpg (118KB, 1600x689px) Image search: [Google]
showgirls.jpg
118KB, 1600x689px
the 90's were strange
>>
File: download.jpg (43KB, 614x467px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
43KB, 614x467px
>>79975590

WHAT'S THAT SON YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.
>>
>>79974590
The problem I have with the movie is that it doesn't really add anything to show's mythos. Sure, it shows us there is this deep dark underbelly of Twin Peaks, but we already knew it was there.

I think the movie would have been a better yin to the show's yang if we spent more time with Keifer Sutherland and Chris Isaak in the bizarro Twin Peaks with surly waitresses, a sheriff's department full of assholes and trailer park trash.
>>
>>79973316

fucking my nigga this show was the the shit back in its hay day i dont know why people never talk about it.
>>
>>79973316
>>79975866
Is this actually good? My dad has like every season on DVD and used to watch it all the time. I always thought it was a little weird how much he watched it because it seemed pretty boring from what I remember as a kid.
>>
>>79974576
>A better question: why was the last half of season 2 so shit

Last 5 eps or so were good. But the real answer is that Lynch had no intention of solving the Laura murder. But after network pressure, he did and pretty much bolted to other projects after that.
>>
>>79975726

everyone in twin peaks is obsessed with food. It has to do with the dark and light forces surrounding the town

why have you not noticed this yet?
>>
>>79976357

Garmonbozia
>>
Just dug out my "Definitive Gold Box Edition". I'm getting real comfy rewatching in time for the third season.
>>
>>79976357
I knew all of that
I just meant
I didn't realise how many conversations Jerry and Ben specifically have about the strangest and nicest sounding foods
when they talk about that shit, it's like they're closest in those moments
Ben really stops and leans in to listen to Jerry the manlet
>>
>>79976737
Oh, they're hedonists and distant from the rest of the family. Both brothers really enjoy time with each other (even if they're a bit self-interested) because they share things that are extremely exciting since they were kids and their nanny put up a strip show for them.
>>
>>79977313
yeah, all of that insight into their past, later on made me really like them
especially on this rewatching, noticing all of the shit about them
I can't believe I even used to hate Jerry at all
>>
I liked that one part when that guy with they long hair told that football player to go long then he cocked his shotgun so he would start running
>>
Poorman's Blue Velvet. Lynch struck the gold with BV and has been ripping it off ever since. WIH, TP, LH, MD, IE are all Blue Velvet ripoffs, only the scales are different.

>muh dark underbelly of ________ (insert location)
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.