[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGI⨂N

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 44

File: C5qMP7KUoAASzxn.jpg (144KB, 1080x1080px)
C5qMP7KUoAASzxn.jpg
144KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>79967162
>teehee watch the next episode to find out if any of what you just watched was real ;^)
fuck this show
>>
Actually prtetty good show desu.
>>
File: Legion.jpg (277KB, 1280x570px)
Legion.jpg
277KB, 1280x570px
>>79967177
Meh, I don't bother speculating too much. I enjoy how everything is being presented and don't mind just letting everything unfold.
>>
>>79967177
everything so far has been pretty straightforward? most of the fan theories about "the hospital isn't real" or bullshit haven't been borne out, it's just the retro style thing. it's pretty obvious they're going from canon here, and we've seen 3 of david's personalities (fiend (i'm assuming), angry boy, and parcs and rec chick which he absorbed like the comics).
>>
>>79967162
speaking of which, is there a fucking working free fx stream? all of them are offline tonight it seems.
>>
>>79968119
>everything so far has been pretty straightforward?
Or HAS it? Stay tuned to find out! ;^)
>>
I'm reasonably enjoying the show but man it's been pretty repetitive.
>>
>>79968168
dude, just because you're still dealing with what LOST did to you doesn't mean all of us are. i'm watching it because it has some cool characters, and the setup is interesting, especially given david haller's history as an anti-hero in the comics. i'm waiting to see how other parts of him come up and fuck everyone over.
>>
>>79968225
>dude, just because you're still dealing with what LOST did to you doesn't mean all of us are.
y-you managed to recover? how? please teach me, cause I can't watch /tv/ since then
>>
>It's a David get called out 300 times episode
>>
>>79968168
I mean, it was pretty confusing up until the point where we realize it's x-men.
>>
>>79968275
i don't watch anything else that jj abrhams is responsible for unless it can't be avoided (e.g. i had to take the kids to see Star Wars: Return of A New Hope 2)

but the big thing is to not be afraid to just drop something when it smells like it's going to jerk you around for 5 years and piss in your face. i should have dropped LOST in season 2 when it became clear it was just endless teasing with no resolution, but i kept at it because i *assumed* that the story would eventually go somewhere and the writers had a plan. ha ha.

if you lived through lost, you can *know* that it's possible that one of the highest profile shows was a writing clsuterfuck with no plan or conclusion or roadmap and just made shit up as it went along. so once you smell that shit in another series, you know just to detach and walk away. had i never suffered through lost, i might have got suckered into watching arrow through s3 and s4, because faith.
>>
anyone else think this season is gonna end with his powers being "explained" but only like partially so that they can rehash this pacing style in the next season
>>
>>79968516
assuming it's relatively close to the comics, he has virtually unlimited numbers/scope/kinds of powers. it's just every personality he creates/absorbs gets it's own powerset that activates when they emerge.

the thing is in the comics, he spends a good amount of time in his 'minscape' running away from the other personalities that are in a constant power struggle for control. i hope they don't do that too much in the show, as ductwork will get tiresome.
>>
>>79968516
>so that they can rehash this pacing style in the next season

Don't know why I was hoping for this to be a miniseries.
>>
>>
>>79968597
>he has virtually unlimited numbers/scope/kinds of powers

Does he not have a main one he was born with? Or can he steal them from other mutants essentially?
The groundwork of his power is so perplexing.
>>
>>79969602
>Does he not have a main one he was born with? Or can he steal them from other mutants essentially?

he doesn't steal the powers, the personalities just manifest with their own set of powers. he's a, well, legion of different mutants crammed into one body. for example, one of his personalities has a power is to turn anything he touches into a pillar of salt, one creates skin, some are just plain telepaths, later on they added some that are werewolves that change his body, etc. obviously the comic writers got bored and also came up with a way to manifest the personalities outside of his body (which the cary/kerry thing hinted at might be possible in the show).

his "main" power is kinda the metapower of creating all these powers, which includes the ability to absorb other people's conciousness into a new personality.
>>
new episode tonight ?
>>
>>79970178
Yes, on right now actually.
>>
Those are some nice boots.
>>
Well, shit.
>>
I'm pretty over a lot of capeshit.
Does this manage to avoid a lot of the tropes going on there?
>>
>>79970961
if it didn't say marvel, you wouldn't even know it's superhero. you would be like oh this is like inception
>>
>>79968168
I really don't think the show is doing that at all. I was worried it'd be one of THOSE shows after the first episode but it's all been fairly straightforward, and that's even when it does play with reality.

It feels like there's an active attempt to not make it so ""artistic"" that it's incomprehensible.
>>
>>79970961
it's unlike most superhero series' and movies.

same creator as the Fargo shows, which means it has that unique editing work, but lacks the finesse of Fargo.
not too say it's bad or anything.

ultimately it holds promise. more mystery, character driven drama and it doesn't feel like, well, capeshit.
>>
I need this show to give me a fucking break already and define the perameters of its reality a little bit.

I don't need another Mr. Robot.

Still am enjoying the show, though, just want some answers. I probably only feel this way because I just finished Taboo and that show strung me along for 8 episodes.
>>
>>79971484
the parameters will always change. it's part of the comics too.
>>
>>79971484
david's reality in the comics is absolute chaos. he (the david haller personality) is often times being chased down and hunted by the other personalties through his mind. the show has been pretty straightforward compared to the comic.
>>
just hit tpb 5 minutes ago, if you need to ya know.
>>
>>79967162
fuck off capefag.
>>
I'm hoping the Yellow Eyed Demon ends up being Mojo, that David's life is being screened as entertainment tv in an alternate universe and his ability to sense this invasion is why he's insane.
>>
>>79972076
That sounds like something reddit would come up with when it tries to write "neat" stories that are terrible nudge nudge wink wink shitfests.
>>
>>79972190
If you know so much about reddit, maybe you belong there
>>
File: 1895694-shadowking03.jpg (24KB, 359x640px) Image search: [Google]
1895694-shadowking03.jpg
24KB, 359x640px
>>79967162
>>79972076
>>79972190
>called his dog "king"
>he didn't have a dog after all
HOLY FUCK ITS BEEN CONFIRMED TONIGHT BOYS
>>
Where can I watch this online? I missed the first ep and want to get caught up and what the fuck is going on.

I should have access to FXNOW but my shitter roommate set up the account for our cable network and doesn't remember the fucking password..
>>
>>79972935
I couldn't find a working stream. It's up on tpb now, so torrent away.
>>
>>79972190
Yeah Im not the biggest fan of the theory either, and that guy literally got that theory from the Legion subreddit.

Fuck him, let's just enjoy the show for what it is.

They don't have to force every single comic book thing into these. The qyality reminds me of the first two X-Men films.

What made those so good was that they were not overly comic book-y.
>>
>not up on psarips yet
reeeeeee
>>
best episode yet? I think so
>>
File: Picture8-3[1].jpg~original.jpg (26KB, 841x476px) Image search: [Google]
Picture8-3[1].jpg~original.jpg
26KB, 841x476px
I'm going to a party in an ice cube. It's quite freaky, isn't it David?
>>
I was getting worried, because episode 2 and 3 was getting a tad bit repetitive, but this pulled me back in again. It was great, I love that everything feels like a clusterfuck, when you think about the show afterwards, it almost feels non-linear.
>>
me personally. i hate this show. its getting worse every episode. they shove in stupid, some dancing . Style over Substance fuck u trash show.
>>
>>79968597
>the thing is in the comics, he spends a good amount of time in his 'minscape' running away from the other personalities that are in a constant power struggle for control.

Could that be what Summerland vs The Divisions is? I keep going back to that caged dog bathed in red light they had. And then later Lenny trying to convince him to leave Summerland and fall into Division 3's trap.

Does David have a comic personality like this Eye guy, or is that a separate character in Marvel?
>>
is the guy who plays the ice man the vampire from what we do in the shadows?
>>
>>79974857
yes, Jemaine Clement. hes a amazing actor, main reason ima keep watching this shit show.
>>
>>79967162
>muh cheap Inception ripoff
I-It's the coming of C-Capekino!!!
>>
It would be great if this keeps the 'llets team up and be super heroes' Capeshit to a minimum and just focuses on what it's like to be a mutant. I hate how these faggots always have to join a side or a league or some bullshit.
>>
Halfway through the season.

I wonder if the show will remain the same or amp up in the remaining episodes.
>>
>>79976408
if the next episode is the same I'll fucking drop it
>>
>>79973409
10/10 post
>>
This show is fucking nuts and I love it. Really unique storytelling, and it's one of the only TV shows I've seen that puts such a heavy influence on visuals. It's almost cinematic that way.
>>
>>79969602
He can reintegrate other personalities in order to gain control of their corresponding powers.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 292x172px
>>79976846
>heavy influence on visuals
Agreed. I can't find the full image, but that giant face behind Lenny in ep2 was Benny.
>>
when the fuck is he gonna use his amazing multipersonality powers /tv/?

so far it's just fucking boring
>>
>>79978397
>where are the multiple personalities?

>Doggo
>Lenny
>Yellow Eyed Devil
>The World's Angriest Boy in the World
>probably others
>>
>>79978467
>Syd
>probably Bird, Ptonomy, Kerry/Carry

Its interesting in episode 2 when Ptonomy is telling David about his memory, David starts to see some kind of flickering female apparition and Ptonomy snaps his fingers in David's face as if to get his attention, but he works it seamlessly into the story he's telling.
>>
Fuuuck what a great episode. So much shit revealed.

>>79978397
End it tonight, philistine

>>79978467
I'm pretty sure they're all the same. At least the last few minutes and the last shot proved that an anon last week was right that Lenny was the YED.
>>
in 32 minutes, Syd show her boobs in the bed having sex with someone, it was only for half second
>>
>>79978683
What a liar.
>>
who /betsy tough-love/ here?
>>
>>79972935
It's on hulu.
>>
>>79978683
that was his ex in the bed
>>
>>79976846
The fact that it looks like they raided the costumes from First Class helps. Gives everyone a man out of time feeling.
>>
is Dan Stevens basically Milo Ventimiglia? I liked Peter Petrelli more than David.
>>
>>79967162
dropped it about 17 minutes into episode 4
>DAVID DAVID DAVID
>random flashforwards teasing something might happen
>you just have to sit through 40 minutes of nothing happening and people imagining things first :))))
yeah nah fuck this show
>>
>>79979116
yeah I considered dropping it in the first half, god damn how fucking annoying the david david bs is
>>
>>79978892
can you make a screenshot or slow motion video of that scene?
>>
File: 1473269383003.png (211KB, 550x578px)
1473269383003.png
211KB, 550x578px
>>79967162
aaaaaan we're back to capeshit levels.
>>
The episode had some good reveals but i think it went a bit too far with intentionally confusing us further. At the start i wasn't even sure if I had skipped an episode. Shouldn't the old woman from Summerland still be stuck in his mind?
>>
>>79979508
she got out when the book was shut on her hand?
>>
>>79979541
True, I remember now
>>
>>79968119
Lenny who is Benny who died and wants to escape Davids mind.
>>
>>79979128

You realise this show is all about DAVID DAVID right? Would you prefer LEGION LEGION LEGION?
>>
What a clusterfuck episode. That ending though.
>>
>>79981011
The promo to next episode looks HYPE.
>>
>>79981011
>>79981154
>what a clusterfuck episode
>but the ending omg and the promo for next week
>implying it won't be just more of the same shit next week
why do people keep falling for this?
>>
This is the perfect show to marathon in bed. Most introverted show out there. I love the costume design and dreams.
>>
Extra is down

where find torrent now?
>>
>>79981227
Keep falling for what? It's an amazing show. The endings to episodes always make you want to watch the next one and the promos reassure you of that hype.
>>
>>79981298
rarbg
>>
>>79981310
>Keep falling for what?
For the illusion these shows are going somewhere, even though 90% of any episode is a bunch of nothing followed by a "twist" ending and a dishonest promo to keep idiots like you hooked because "shit's totally going down next week".
>>
>>79972935
Yesmovies.to
>>
Is this the show where they had the school shooting thing and people did a Bane mask with their hands?
>>
How did the eye disguise himself as the doctor and fool the three of them? It just doesn't make sense. And also his ex warning them.
I'm more and more starting to believe the theory that Division and Summerland are both parts of his mind fighting for control.
But then what's happening to his sister is real. Fuck this is so confusing, I'm getting schizophrenia.
>>
File: Legion.101.action360.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.101.action360.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>79976768
why, you want a regular capeshit?
>>
>What did the stars say?
So what did they say?
I keep getting that cosmic horror vibe from that question.
When was the last time someone listened to Stars without experiencing existential dread? Never, that's when.
>>
>>79981649
no I dont want the same
>>
Just marathoned episodes 1 - 4.

Someone please tell me Syd isn't some intangible phantom in Davids head like his doggy, fat yellow eye dude, childhood horror book guy, etc. Is she a part of any of the comic book lore?
>>
>>79981700
Who knows.
If everything was just in his mind it would be a big let down, but I would be comfortable with a few things being made up.

Lenny and the dog didn't really interact with anyone but David or with David in the picture so it is easy for them to be illusions.
If Syd was an illusion literally everything else would be too or she would be a physical manifestation of his power what seems unlikely because she seems to be an established person in a group of other individuals way before she and David interact.

Chances of Syd being an illusion seems close to zero if they don't go with the "EVERYTHING is in my head" route what I doubt.
>>
>>79979116
>>79979128
t. 12 year old
>>
>>79981374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTDoJTSnmqg

But there's clearly shit going down. And what do you mean not going anywhere? It's telling a story. You might think its nothing but every five minutes is something new about a character's, primarily David's, life or powers.

Understanding through semi-repetition
>>
>>79981700
>>79981857
Remember the scene where David is asleep at Clockworks and his door opens by itself, then the floor leading from the door is shown with no one entering the room, then suddenly Syd is standing over him?

So, what Syd has a completely unmentioned teleporting power, but needs a door opened before she can teleport into a room and also has unmentioned telekinetic power to open it?

Or did David's subconscious mind open the door with his telekinesis to support his delusion that she came in? Or was Clockworks all a part of his delusion?
>>
>>79984357
It was a memory. He was recalling the events. He heard the door but didn't notice she was there at first. When he did that is when she appears.
>>
>>79981652
>they love him
didn't you watch the episode?
>>
>>79967162
>lel my psychological capeshit
dropped after the second episode
>>
>>79984474
He doesn't notice anything, he's sound asleep until she wakes him. I just hope it's not muh waifu shit that stops people from accepting clear visual cues.
>>
>>79984693
Technically you can still hear shit when you're asleep, otherwise what's the point of an alarm clock?
>>
>>79984723
There's no sound at all when she suddenly appears in the empty room.
>>
>>79984693
I just rewatched the scene. You're right. Meh. Either way, it was a memory of his and it shouldn't be over examined. Syd is definitely real. They clarified that at the end of the first episode when he asked if she was real. That wasn't to mislead the audience. It was clarification.
>>
>>79968494
different anon, but thanks for this post

I've found it's much easier for me to drop shows too, after what happened. Weird.
>>
File: 1488248693733.gif (2MB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488248693733.gif
2MB, 252x200px
>>79981649
For a second I thought it was some satiric gunfight scene from Austin-Powers...
>>
>>79967162
>⨂
how
>>
>>79985037
2deep4u
>>
>>79984884
I mean that's a completely subjective opinion you got there. She could be as real to David as his dog King.
>>
>>79976768
Perhaps you should stick to Micheal Bay movies and regular capeshit.

Not all capeshit has to be action and flashy explosions.
>>
>>79968494
It's not actually JJ who fucks that shit up. It's David Lindelof. JJ just gets the ball rolling, and David fucks the shit up.
>>
>>79985402
Unless they are going to go level 10 on the conspiracy theory train then they need to have some sort of base to reality for the show. I guess it is always possible that anything in the show could be made up by David's mind. I just don't think they would quite go that far at this point in the show
>>
>>79968144
Pirate that shit nigger. Fuck.
>>
>>79985559
Given that the source material for the show has stuff like that it's certainly possible, it would be nice to see a show that doesn't pander to what people expect. True reality could come in later or next season, if it gets another.
>>
File: Legion.S01E02.benny.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.S01E02.benny.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>79978271
Why did they change from Lenny to Benny anyway? Lenny is a man name.
>>
>>79986302
Nice. Maybe because the Devil is male.
>>
>>79985470
not every episode has to start with muhh david mind games bullshit
>>
>>79987158
...but that's what the show is about
>>
>>79986616
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER
>>
File: Legion101friend.webm (2MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
Legion101friend.webm
2MB, 710x400px
Lenny is pretty kinky , again. And wacky and evil. The wackyness would describe Mojo, but the others?
>>
>>79987158
It does because it's about him, the crazy guy with multiple personalities.
>>
>>79987495
Mojo can hypnotize people, but he doesn't have telekinetic or astral projection abilities.

The Shadow King does though.
>>
>>79987713
but then again, the Shadow King isn't wacky and kinky, as i know
>>
>>79987889
No. But some David's personalities are. And they want control of him too.
>>
Sydney is THICC
post her thighs plz
>>
A perfect show for a perfect audience.
>>
>>79987495
I would have taken an opportunity to jack off in the astral plane. Just sayin'.
>>
File: fargo.webm (878KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fargo.webm
878KB, 1280x720px
>>79988430
>>
>>79988846
Is she, dare I say, the most perfect woman on tv?
>>
>>79986302
I kept thinking that was Rodney Dangerfield kek
>>
>>79988892
yep
>>
File: hnng.png (647KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
hnng.png
647KB, 500x727px
>>79989097
>>
>>79988892
Yes, yes she is. I'd let the 99% of the population die just to be able to wake up to something like that scene.
>>
File: Legion.104.GetYourHandsOffMe.webm (205KB, 1244x700px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.104.GetYourHandsOffMe.webm
205KB, 1244x700px
>>79988892
yeah
>>
File: Legion.104.STFU.webm (524KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.104.STFU.webm
524KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>79988892

yes
>>
File: Legion.104.Syd.webm (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.104.Syd.webm
285KB, 1280x720px
>>
oh yeah legion totally forgot about legion after those terrible special FX during end of the break out scene, so bad
>>
The female Kerry is a terrible, terrible actress. Like sore thumb bad.
>>
>>79990411
Yeah it's clear they don't have the budget for effects. They have to focus on story, and they're doing a bang up job in that department.
>>
File: Syd Barrett.jpg (304KB, 1240x768px) Image search: [Google]
Syd Barrett.jpg
304KB, 1240x768px
I NEED A WEEBUM OF THE DANCE SCENE

preferably with audio
>>
File: 1488069949269.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488069949269.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>79990623
>>
the alt right can't keep getting away with this
>>
File: smoking frog.jpg (49KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
smoking frog.jpg
49KB, 476x476px
>>79991757
>>
Why is this show trying to push the transgender agenda?

The transagenda?

First episode has a body swap between a man and a woman.
Lenny the woman is actually Benny the man.
Kerry and Cary are male and female halves of the same person.
Another male/female bodyswap in this episode.
>>
>>79992368
no fuck off
>>
>>79989676
BLEACHED
>>
>>79992391
It's copypasta from earlier.
>>
>>79991107
>>79990383
>>79990312
>>79989676
>>79989174
>>79988846
Another qt to fawn over
>>
>>79989174
pls jack me off with those gloves hnnggg
>>
>>79991107
>we want the indian audience
>>
File: Legion.S01E04DYE.webm (170KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.S01E04DYE.webm
170KB, 800x450px
>>
>>79994499
Is that really her "look menacing" face. Looks like she let one rip.
>>
>>79981521
>But then what's happening to his sister is real.
Let me tell you a secret: he doesn't have sister in the comics.
>>
>>79994904
Yeah but his dad is also Charles Xavier and his mom is Moira McTaggart, and they're not going that route as they stated there will be no connection to the X-Men universe / characters at all.
>>
>>79994977
>they stated there will be no connection to the X-Men universe / characters at all.
they never said that.
they said it's not connected to the movies, that's all
>>
>>79995717
Which is the same thing. They will not bring any X-Men in it as that will just be too confusing. "Wait so this is a mutant show, and that's Xavier, but did they recast Xavier or is it a different Xavier". They'll just skip that shit all together and not have any X-Men in it.
>>
should i read the comics, or am i fine just taking in the show for now?

hear it is standalone-ish, so might just stick with the show
>>
>>79995936
Fuck David
Marry Syd
Kill Lenny
>>
>>79996091
It doesn't even have anything to do with the movies it's supposed to share a universe with. Of course it has nothing to do with the comics.

However you should read some comics because they're good. Everyone should read some New Mutants.
>>
>>79996091
just go with the show
>>
>>79994781
She's too cute to be able to pull off menacing.
>>
>>79968119
>(fiend (i'm assuming),
Jermaine Clement confirmed he's a psychic energy parasite, not actually part of David.
>>
>>79996482
cute... the girl is the worst part of the show.
>>
What happened to plazas face
>>
>>79981649
Who/Where even is that dude, also I loved how you can see Yellow-Eyes in the background on the beach
>>
>>79994499
"I'm going in dry"
>>
>>79997421
Nothing, she's always been ugly.
>>
>>79981857
>Lenny and the dog didn't really interact with anyone but David

Lenny talked to Syd "lady stuff", when in reality it was about a candy bar.
I think Syd even mentions putting Lenny in the wall in this episode.

>>79994977
His mother is Gabrielle Haller.
>>
>>79981857
>>Lenny and the dog didn't really interact with anyone but David

when lenny died it just fucked up mind up so his memories of benny have been spliced with his memory of lenny. she was real, but now she is not, although with david possibly manifesting the carry/kerry power, davids head-friends might start physically manifesting.
>>
>>79967162
>>
>>79997421
seems just the hairstyle to me
>>
>>79997652
Let's say it was a personality representing older David in full control of his telekinesis
>>
>>79984484
That wasn't his real psychologist though.
>>
>>79967177
I started treating it like I was watching this scene with this music and try to enjoy the ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEQ8SI7IjlY

Trust me, it makes everything better.
>>
Can they made up their mind over Syd's powers?
>touch someone
>it's shown as mind swap
>wears off
>body swap out of fucking nowhere
fuck this show
>>
>>80003191
What?
Literally shown as a body and mind swap in the first episode
>>
>>80003191
Did you see the sign the truck hit in that scene? I think that makes it clear what is going on.
>>
>>80003226
He means in the most recent one where the man turns into a women when they "swap" back. As in his body morphs into hers.
>>
>>80003259
I'm confused. Isn't that again, exactly what happened in the first episode.

David and Syd switch, Davids body morphs back into Syd in the car, Syd's body morphs back into David at the outdoor cafe.
>>
>>80003462
It is, they're morons.
>>
>>79969949
>copying split
>>
>>80003462
nigga they didn't swap places at first, only AFTER it wears off
>>
>>80003638
Then it wore off or perhaps she turned it off. Like are you dumb? Have you suffered brain damage recently?
>>
>>80003638
Are you a literal retard?
>>
File: slow down!.png (630KB, 786x404px) Image search: [Google]
slow down!.png
630KB, 786x404px
>>80003227
Aww.. I read the whole thread getting excited because I thought I was the only one who noticed
>>
>>79971484
But mr robot is way more up front
>>
File: C53vLwtWMAAlXFc.jpg large.jpg (792KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C53vLwtWMAAlXFc.jpg large.jpg
792KB, 2048x1536px
>>80003638
Yes, that's what happens in the first episode.

Syd swaps minds with David.
Her body later goes to a cafe where it magically changes back to David's body.

The Eye swaps minds with Syd. David holds down The Eye's body so Syd's body can run away.
All of a sudden, the bodies morph back and David is over Syd and The Eye escapes.
>>
>>
>>80004150
>>80004385
That's great.
>>
>>79997742
Kek
>>
Hey /lbg/ here,
You're a bunch of fags.
>>
>>79967162
>>
>>80006608
>/lbg/
You tried.
>>
>>79994904
That solves it then. The "It's a battle within his mind" theory makes sense now.
>>
>>79988539
desu I'm pretty sure David is gay now
>>
File: legion syd.jpg (97KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
legion syd.jpg
97KB, 1280x718px
>>79986302

Lenny was a real person, and a good friend, in the mental institution who died when she got merged into the wall. Benny was also real. Shadow King fucked with Davids memories overwriting Benny with Lenny to corrupt David and is now using the amalgam as a persona. Screencap this post.
>>
>>79994781
desu she looks like she's jacking off
>>
>>80009059
That creepy guy and angriest boy in the world are actually manifestations of David's dark side.
>>
>>80009059
What about the way Lenny/Benny influenced David to break into his doctor's office and eat the tapes of their therapy sessions? Whether that was Lenny or Benny it suggests that person was the Devil with Yellow Eyes, and that supposedly happened before he was put in Clockworks.

Another question, did he really assault his doctor, doctor Poole? Or was that just The Eye's illusion? Clockworks did seem like a pretty high security hospital, he can't have a cupcake from his sister on his birthday?
>>
why didn't Ptewhatever mindraped The Eye's brain?
>>
>>79971257
I hate this fucking frame of mind. Just because you're too goddamn stupid to try to understand the shit doesn't mean it's incomprehensible art.

This show uses pretty basic filmmaking methods and symbolism to get it's ideas across. It's not the shows fault you need everything explained to you like a dumb child.
>>
>>79968144
install kodi and exodus, nigger.
>>
>>80009109
The devil with the yellow eyes isn't a manifestation of his dark side, it's a manifestation of his fear, likewise the world's angriest boy appears to be a manifestation of his anger.

Syd is a manifestation of his love
>>
>>79967162
you faggots actually still watch this shit after the first episode?
>>
>>80011425
it's okay if it's too complicated to you, there are still shows out there for you, like family guy
>>
>>80011425
fucking /tv/ wouldn't know capekino even if it was spitting in it's face
>>
>>80011269
I feel like you're going to be misinterpreted as attacking the post you're replying to, but this 1000%.

One of the characters saying something like "The Devil with Yellow Eyes seems to grow stronger the weaker David's state of mind is." vs visually showing it larger or smaller based on the context of his state of mind.

I hate this idea that "The show has to be indisputably clear about what is real and what isn't, it HAS to!"
>>
nativeQT Kerry survives r-right?
>>
>>80011642
It was clearly a shoulder wound, one of the most dramatic and least fatal gunshot wound locations.
>>
>>80011550
Yeah, I shouldn't have really said "you" in that context. But thankfully at least someone interpreted it right.

This show isn't nearly as incomprehensible art as even a kubrick film. Everything is pretty straight forward. I'm a dumdum and I more or less get the gist of what's going on after a second viewing.

It's mongos that don't even try to understand what's going on, that demand to be handfed information instead of exercising their brains in the slightest.
>>
>>80011718
why was it bleeding so much then? I sorta hope she dies because she was pretty shit at fighting - the thing she professed to love the most and the only thing she really when she was on the outside. She also seemed like a really bad actor.

Maybe they're going to blow my mind with some reveal, but at face value she seemed shit all around.
>>
>>80011718
>>80011827
main vein runs there, no? i think it could be deadly
>>
File: subclavian-artery-on-diagram[1].jpg (51KB, 1000x344px) Image search: [Google]
subclavian-artery-on-diagram[1].jpg
51KB, 1000x344px
>>80012290
>>
>>80012290
Did I really need to add one of the most dramatic and least fatal gunshot wound locations IN FICTION? It's only a slight step above a gut shot that is actually slightly to one side, and please don't demonstrate which organs that kind of wound could damage.

She'll be fine. She's a figment of David's imagination anyway.
>>
>>79981649

Was curious about the show, but this killed it for me, thanks. I've seen better effects out of teenager's youtube channels
>>
>>79967162

I'm really enjoying this show and I unironically look forward to it every week.

I can't even bring myself to shitpost and troll in these threads which is second nature to me, that's how much I'm enjoying it. It's by far the best tv show the MCU has done.
>>
>>80011731
It's something that a show that asks you to pay attention to it's visuals and draw your own conclusions even exists today, I hope it lasts at least two seasons.
>>
>>80012672
the show is nothing like that though, that couple of minutes is like that , the other 4hours are artistic mindfuck. also notice the long shot. it isn't that bad.
>>
>>80011528
>hur dur it 2 smort 4 u derp family goy
>>80011529
>hur dur "capekino" ferp derp

your original comments feel right at home on reddit

these are the type of imbeciles who like this pretentious trite.... it makes you feel like youre watching something good while being smort but you guys have shit taste and are le dumb

ps. legion is for faggots and is gay and stupid
>>
File: 1470960158987.jpg (309KB, 970x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1470960158987.jpg
309KB, 970x1437px
>>79968168
this.

Its had some pretty cool visuals but whos mind am I in today is getting pretty boring. I just dont want to watch 10-12 episodes to have this XD he was in the hospital the whole time just like Mr. Normie
>>
>>80012819
lmao

hit a nerve dumdum?
>>
>>80012584
>She's a figment of David's imagination anyway.
yeah probably.

>Division 1: David persona
>Division 2: Summerland gang
>Division 3: evil persona (?)
>>
>>80012885
>hes trying to pretend hes not upset

legion is so complex
like who is the yellow guy
wow such mystery

hah you faggots are so easily amused
>>
Division 3 evil persona includes:
>DYE clown: Fear
>Lenny: Lust
>Angriest boy: Anger
>The Eye: murder/revenge

?
>>
>>80012958
It's not just about complexity. It's about the craft on display.

>>80012976
>Lenny: Lust

I would say cynicism instead. Lenny does act aggressive, and because it's Aubrey Plaza, it seems sexual, but she's specifically not in lust with David. She doesn't necessarily want to screw him, instead she wants him to rebel, and to isolate him.
>>
>>80012958
Why would I be upset that a dumdum like you is so confused by a fairly simple show that he has to shitpost about it.

We get it. You like explosions. You like it when peter falls down and makes a funny face.

Go back to your dumdum shows
>>
>>80013037
if youre talking about from a technical standpoint then its derivative

>>80013066
kek you seriously cannot for one second say this is a smart cerebral show... you arent being serious are you? pfffffahahahaha
>>
>>80013284
Wow, you're even so retarded that you lack basic reading comprehension. No wonder you lash out when your favorite cartoons are attacked :^)
>>
what is this a
bout
>>
>>80013335
>youre so dumb you cant even fathom *tips fedora*

holy shit come up with a new insult you dumbass

you want to know how i know youre dumb and this show sucks?
a smart person wouldve ignored me because this show would be able to stand on its own
it wouldnt really need to be defended
and if you were so intelligent you wouldve ignored me and continued youre faggot discussion KEK

stay butthurt faggot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>80013395
what is this
show
about
>>
>>80013416
gay niggers from outter space
>>
Aubrey is the yellow-eyed demon
>>
>>79994499
She's supposed to be egging him on, but it really looks like she's humping him. Hard.
>>
>>80013434
this show literally amounts to
>whos the fat guy?!?!?!
>whos real?!?!?!

what garbage hahaha
>>
>>80013410
cya dumdum :^)
>>
>>80013456
God damn it you're right....
>>
>>79992368
Because it's based on a comic, so the more accurate thing to write would be that the comic promotes the trans agenda.
>>
hope it dont turns out to be a WestWorld 2.0

*captcha: choose the lighttowers*
>>
File: 1485798140146.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485798140146.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>79981521
>How did the eye disguise himself as the doctor and fool the three of them? It just doesn't make sense
He is the third bogdanoff brother, that is why
>>
>>80012817
I said it before but nobody likes that scene because it's a one-shot. And one shots with powers like telekinesis don't work. They only work on actually physical fights.

Although it was used more of a story telling device to tell you that that part was real just like the interrogator leaving the room.
>>
Why the fuckis this show so adored by /tv/ or is this just the /co/invnasion?
>>
>>79972514
>>79987713
>>80009059
yellow eyed demon isn't shadow king or mojo, it's most likely gestalt, weaver or legion
the one who's scrambling his memories in an attempt to protect him is Moira Kinross
astral projection is the power of tyrannix the abomination
teleportation is the power of Protozoan Porter
>>
File: 1488082711379.jpg (55KB, 653x629px) Image search: [Google]
1488082711379.jpg
55KB, 653x629px
>>80015576
i honestly can't tell if you're making this shit up
>>
>>79981649
This was legit the best use of telekinesis in any tv/film ive seen ever.
They way he just uses it to throw shit around is so much more realistic than they way they usually have the tele character floating in the air dramatically while doing over the top shit like jean grey in the xmen movies, which just seems so over the top and pointless to me
>>
>>80015576
I'm still thinking it's the Shadow King. Astral Projection is in his power set.
>>
>>80015802
yellow eyed demon is most likely just gestalt who is a personality that has merged with many other personalities and, in the comics, has the abilities of tyrannix (telepathy and astral projection), mycolojester (toxic spores), delusionaut (create illusions that are capable of fooling skilled telepaths), protozoan porter (teleportation) and the origamist (reality manipulation and folding space time)
>>
>>80016018
it is very unlikely that he's shadow king, even if he looks like him. shadow king can only astral project himself and when he possesses someone it is a 100% control he can manipulate others through telepathy but then he has to be on the astral plane and not possessing someone
>>
>>80016018
then how come he managed to teleport the MRI, teleportation isn't one of shadow kings powers
>>
>>79967162
Did you get how the preface related back to the two main characters?

Syd's powers = empathy

David's powers = fear (they come out when he feels his most helpless)
>>
>>80016262
No, but it is one of Davids.

The Shadow King doesn't have full control, he's trying to wrestle control of David, but I think it's the fact that David's got multiple personalities that stops the Shadow King from gaining control.
>>
File: capeshit brains.jpg (284KB, 852x1530px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit brains.jpg
284KB, 852x1530px
>>
>>80017266
it isn't david's power it's Gestalt's, his powers are divided among all his personalities, the david haller personality doesn't have any powers
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (118KB, 1198x687px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
118KB, 1198x687px
>in 5 acts about the fuzzy little rabbit with empathy
>we got 5 episodes left
>>
>>80018147
It's not Gestalt, they're not going to bring in the phoenix saga meld this early.
>>
>>80018064
BvS and MoS belong at the last panel desu
>>
>>80018551
or they can just make some shit up, they don't have to rely on the phoenix forcre
>>
>>80018572
No they don't they were shit.
>>
>>80018583
false.
>>
>>80018575
I don't think they'll go the Gestalt or Legion route this early. It's something they'll build into, I think instead of Phoenix leading to Gestalt, it's going to be the Shadow King that fucks his mind into Gestalt.

Like the last episode will show the merger of some of his personalities.
>>
>>80018500
Pretty clear we will get a dark David for the last five episodes.
>>
>>80018064
Watchmen is DCEU.
>>
>>80018572
fuck this meme

it was purposefully put next to eachother
>DCU flicks with the false self awareness it is a symbolist masterpiece
>MCU flicks which doesn't want to be better than that but still manage to e enjoyable flicks
>>
>>80018736
>m-muh symbolism

kys

thye have much more than those memes
>>
File: Fatty is assuming direct control.png (755KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fatty is assuming direct control.png
755KB, 1280x800px
What to do when the fat man comes for you?
>>
File: Legion.103.Syd2.webm (272KB, 1320x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.103.Syd2.webm
272KB, 1320x1080px
>>
>It's a Syd looking gorgeous every episode episode
>>
>>80020666
You cannot tempt me, satan!
>>
File: Legion.S01E03.Syd.Fap.webm (2MB, 1530x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.S01E03.Syd.Fap.webm
2MB, 1530x1080px
>>80020666
>>
DAVID
>>
>>80015135
>but nobody likes that scene because it's a one-shot.

I LOVED it. CGI was subpar, but otherwise, great.

>And one shots with powers like telekinesis don't work.

Thanks for making the rules. I've also said it before, kys.
>>
This show is being shilled HARD
>>
>>80015576
>>80016018
the shadow king is the fucking imaginary dog you dumbasses, he even calls it King
>>
>>80023520
it's capeshit with a basic cable """auteur""" showrunner
perfect /tv/ pleb bait
i still like it
>>
>>79978271
its actually one of the 3 stooges
>>
>>80020944
I kinda like thicc Fargo version better
>>
>>80018147
david haller's power is to absorb the personalities of others+their powers
>>
>>79990383
is this from a joi vid??
>>
>>80023520
dude a thread takes like 4 days to reach cap. if its being shilled its definitely not working very well
>>
>>79990383
>>80023604
>joi vid
what's the fetish?
>>
>>79987495
id

the spooky creepy division 3 (ha 3 division) are superego

syd and the gang are ego

boom fruedian
>>
>>80009109
Angriest boy might actually be a good guy --- his anger at being diverted, and made less whole by whatever is psychically trying to keep him down
>>
>>80023618
>dude a thread takes like 4 days to reach cap. if its being shilled its definitely not working very well
found the shill.
Slow threads on /tv/?
signs of an autist.
>>
>>79968391
I actually persuaded a few of my buddies to play the drinking game. They are dead now.
>>
So is Legion part of the X-Men universe, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The CBS universe, or the Netflix universe?

Or is it it's own universe?

Are the TV shows still part of the movies? Do the CBS shows cross over with the Netflix shows?
>>
>>80024692
Is this some post ironic shitposting or what
>>
>>80024692
>Or is it it's own universe?

this.

if they ever decide to connect it to something, it will be either X-Men movies, either the new X-Men show that's starting next fall. never going to be part of Netflix/MCU.
>>
File: 1476158309798.jpg (28KB, 386x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476158309798.jpg
28KB, 386x338px
>>80024692
>the Marvel Cinematic Universe
>the CBS universe
>the Netflix universe
Jesus Christ kid, please let this be bait
>>
>>80024750
I read that the Marvel movies exist in the TV shows, but the TV shows don't exist in the movies.
>>
File: 1488193793502.gif (2MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1488193793502.gif
2MB, 300x332px
>capeshit is one of the best show currently airing
>>
>>79993714
They used some french song
>>
>>80024692
>the CBS universe
u wat?
>>
>>80024984
>but the TV shows don't exist in the movies.
They are not been confirmed at all, the closest "hint" we had was in AoU when the Helicarrier shows up in Sokovia, and Fury says he asks some friends for help, and in Agent of SHIELD, they refer as borrowing the Helicarrier to a friend.
>>
>>80024992
>one of the best show currently airing

mmm....be very careful now.
>>
File: damn.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>80024992
>Legion is one of the TV shows now
>Logan is the best movie this year so far (And the best capeshit movie since TDK)
I wish Fox could do their job right everytime. We could have a nice X-Men/FF universe.
>>
File: 1488397009079.jpg (34KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488397009079.jpg
34KB, 620x413px
>>80025598
Taboo ended my m8
>>
>>80025724
>Taboo
fucks taboo?
>>
File: 1481853407486.jpg (29KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1481853407486.jpg
29KB, 560x315px
>>80024984
>>80025589
The Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, Agents of Shield, and the Netflix shows are the same universe

The X-Men movies and Legion are a completely separate from all of these. Its not that hard guys. Legion being a part of the X-Men movie universe is debatable
>>
File: 1488570136121.jpg (48KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488570136121.jpg
48KB, 620x413px
>>80025724
What's this meme called?
>>
>>80025909
mmhmmposting
>>
>>80025849
Taboo is one of David's personalities. It wants to fuck his sister.
>>
>>80003139
High quality: https://a.safe.moe/ECMA3.mp4
>>
>>80026006
each season he devours more and more shows, until there's only legion left
>>
>>80026017
someone should do this with a infected mushroom song
>>
>>79967162
See this guy >>80026746? He got the right idea?
>>
im just glad dan stevens gets the recognition he deserves

he was awesome as fuck in the guest, no homo, bought that bluray as soon as it came out
>>
>>80023590
No that's not it. His main power is that he can create mutant abilities. It's how a lot of his personalities have different mutant abilities.
>>
>>80025851
>Legion being a part of the X-Men movie universe is debatable

It's not debatable. The creator of the show has outright said it has zero ties to the X-Men movie universe.
>>
>>80025598
fuck off silver, you're an fictive person too

n-no, don't make that look to hands!
>>
>>79967162
Good show but the plot is too far out there for the average viewer and they will stop watching if they haven't already. (haven't seen the ratings but I'm guessing they aren't impressive)
>>
File: zooqle-most-seeded-march2017.png (33KB, 307x584px) Image search: [Google]
zooqle-most-seeded-march2017.png
33KB, 307x584px
>>80027901
>>
>>79990411

Pretty sure it's a visual choice. It was supposed to feel trippy.
>>
>>80027865
>The creator of the show has outright said it has zero ties to the X-Men movie universe.

>Speaking to Variety, the man also behind FX critical darling Fargo [Noah Hawley] went into further detail about his feelings with regards to the show crossing over with other X-Men characters.

>“I think it’s important for us to establish this as a fully realized world with fully realized characters. It does connect and it can connect, but I’m not relying on that. I have to prove myself. I have to prove that the show is good enough to incorporate those elements from the movie world, if that were ever possible”.

>“It’s sort of a non-starter to say James McAvoy’s going to be in my show. I’m not saying never, but certainly not in the first year of it."
>>
>>80027901
Yeah it's certainly going to be cancelled. Its down to 750 thousand viewers. It's FX so they don't get massive viewers, but being below 1 million means it will be cancelled.
>>
>>80028014
Old news, more recent...

>“We’re making it separate. We’re our own world,” said Donner of Legion, confirming that if Professor X got involved it would not be the James McAvoy/Patrick Stewart iteration.
>>
>>80027999
The show is pretty good, but that scene is downright bad.

CGI was terrible in that scene, but unlike most I don't really care.
It's going to have bad CGI for a TV budget.

>>80028107
Yours is from Jan 16, 2017 and the Variety one is from Jan 24, 2017

Look, I definitely prefer it not to be connected so FX has nothing holding them back.
No loose ends like MCU's "Why aren't the Avenger's here?" nonsense.

As for Legion...
Unconnected as far as I'm concerned, but that could change as it's not set in stone.
>>
>>80011529
Only Snyder's films can be considered kino of the cape variety.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.