[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Lynch film should I star with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: david-lynch.jpg (345KB, 610x739px) Image search: [Google]
david-lynch.jpg
345KB, 610x739px
I kind of get panicked if a film is too scary or gross, and am wondering if Lynch's films are really scary or gross.
>>
With the first one like you would with any other director
>>
Elephant man isn't scary but I suppose it's kind of "gross".

Mulholland Drive is a good start but it does have a scary scene in it
>>
>>79960356
Terrible advice.

>I want to watch some James Cameron movies... what should I start with T2 or Aliens?

Why, Xenogenesis of course!
>>
>>79960356
Except John Ford, Kurosawa, Bergman, Fellini, Chaplin, Cecil B Demille, Peckipah and all the directors who have more than 20 films
>>
>>79960356
A director's first film is usually shit. Only after watching all of their good films should you bother and then all you would gain is "Oh I see what he was trying to do in the first film, he later accomplished it in this film and that film"
>>
File: lynched.jpg (27KB, 284x423px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.jpg
27KB, 284x423px
start with Blue Velvet. Then watch Mulholland Drive. The spooks are worth tolerating because these movies both have happy endings.

Or, after Blue Velvet, consider following Kyle Maclachlan's career by starting Twin Peaks.
>>
>>79960520
Fuck you, following a list of films from the critics consensus can be a bad idea

You won't be seeing the first film itself but as the premise of his filmography, you will not enjoy it because you will systematically watch it as a draft of his ulterior films leaving out all the intrinsec qualities of his first
>>
>>79960535
>happy endings

lel
>>
>>79960789
That would be a good point if a director's filmography was in fact part of some overarching planned idea which it is not.

And yes a lot of early works by directors are essentially rough drafts. DeMille's commandments remake is what he wanted the first one to be.

Your last bit about the qualities of the first is essentially what I said but you're saying it from another viewpoint
>>
>>79960340
pretty much every lynch film is scary or gross so you might just want to stay away.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.