[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /tv/'s opinions on George Lucas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg (21KB, 250x330px) Image search: [Google]
250px-George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg
21KB, 250x330px
What are /tv/'s opinions on George Lucas?
>>
>>79950609
Misunderstood genius.
>>
A true filmmaker. Had the balls to actually tell his story the way he wanted instead of pandering to fanboys.
>>
>>79950609
Talented creative slightly delusional and out of touch filmmaker that has great ideas, but a not so well execution.

Great world builder, not so great director.
>>
>>79950609
hack
>>
>>79950609
Currently reading a biography on him: just got to the failure of THX, amazing how a guy who made such interesting formalistic experiments could end up making such mainstream stuff.

he should have fucking sucked it up and learned to deal with actors though, he should have taken some acting classes himself. Maybe he's just a sperglord and can't into proper human interaction tho'?

Apparently all he and his first wife ever talked about was movies and the craft of editing...
>>
>>79950823
Well, since you mentioned his wife, it's clear what made Lucas succesful was being surrounded by talented people who could say no to his ideas, or in general discuss it with him and change it. His first wife was supposedly one of those people
>>
>>79950609
A hack, but still less of a hack than JJ Abrams.
>>
>>79950609
Hack who was exposed when he became successful enough to call the shots.
>>
>>79950646
He's not that good at making movies but he ain't no sellout
>I mean he technically is but he made 4 billion dollars
>>
>>79950698
Absolutely.. His strength at world building has been noticeably absent since TFA.. George knew how to expand the universe.
>>
>>79950950
didn't he give that to the red cross or something
>>
>>79950982
Probably some of it
>>
>>79950609
Incredible story teller, character creator, and world builder. A bad writer and director, Star Wars was at its best with him in charge of the storytelling process but someone else actually writing and directing.

Hated by Star Wars fanboys because he had the balls to tell them to fuck off and told the story HE wanted in the prequels.
>>
>>79950823 Hey, mike!
>>
>>79950622
/thread.
>>
>>79950609
I miss him
he might make trash, but at least it's star wars trash
im i'm going to the cinema and paying 15$ to get in, 4$ for some 3d glasses, 7$ for a large popcorn and 3$ for a diet coke, I want to see what I came for, not to watch some empowered womyn who cant act lust over some black/paki's dick for two and a half hours
>>
>>79950609
Best hair of anyone ever
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.