[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people slate it so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: brilliant-movie-posters-04.jpg (68KB, 1000x748px) Image search: [Google]
brilliant-movie-posters-04.jpg
68KB, 1000x748px
Why do people slate it so much?
>>
>>79939518
>slate

Huh?
>>
>>79939544
Criticise.
>>
>>79939518
Incoherent nonsense? it's a movie constructed out of non sequiturs
>>
>>79939518

Ridley Scott is a hack
>>
Reminder that facebender is the best part of the movie and that everything else is trash.
>>
They're exceedingly dumb groupthinkers, all of whose opinions are established by bandwagons in echo chambers like this one, regardless of how factually wrong they are.
>>
>>79939944
Jews?
>>
>>79939518
>slate
is that like shade?
>>
>>79939986
It's a British term for >>79939596

I'm guessing it's not used in the US
>>
File: 0*DVELFKo04Fv5q2oO.jpg (34KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
0*DVELFKo04Fv5q2oO.jpg
34KB, 640x321px
I can't remember the last time I was physically angry at a film before watching this

I'm not even an Alien fan, but god damn
>>
>>79940008
its shit get rid of it
>>
>>79940031
Get rid of your life, Jamal
>>
They took certain flaws and grossly exaggerated them while ignoring any of the good things to make it seem like the worst movie ever made.
>>
>>79940102
Like?
>>
>>79939518
Because its clearly shit and stupid and people who like it are shit and stupid and gay
>>
>>79940026
That scene isn't dumb at all, the filmmakers understand how humans might respond to a situation like that, you don't. You're probably too dumb to even imagine the situation from the perspective of a character.
>>
>>79940026
>>79940137
not to mention, that thing is fucking wide.
>>
>>79939518
First act dragged on too long. Didn't need that much of a set up. Took them like 50 minutes to get to the planet.

other than that it was OK
>>
Because it wasn't lit or on fleek.

If you're British and can't understand what I'm saying, consult your American-British dictionary.
>>
My main criticism is that its so obvious that this was a reboot to Alien but they didn't want it to be obvious so they changed the name of the planet from LV-426 to LV-226 or something like that making us live in the reality where two similar looking planets in the same system both happen to have crashed Engineer ships on their surface
>>
>>79940183
Well yeah, that's part of it. It's sort of like running away from a skyscraper. The people who dislike this movie are too dumb to even entertain the notion of running away from a skyscraper. I'm guessing they're mainly alt right. Only people I'm aware of who are that stupid.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0
>>
I didn't slate it but i did groof it pretty hard, you got to admit it deserves it
>>
File: IMG_0561.jpg (129KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.jpg
129KB, 491x750px
>>79939518
Because most people wanted a lowest common denominator jumpscare slasher flick with a Xenomorph in it. That's why. People were pissed because Ridley Scott made an actual fucking science fiction movie that doesn't spoonfeed the viewer.

It's honestly pathetic how badly this movie is misunderstood. It's a fucking summer blockbuster, guys.
>>
>>79940612
I can agree to that in everything regarding the Engineer. Even everything David does makes sense. The rest though, its just bad. I like the movie, for me its pretty okay, but I cant deny that the making of the movie was SO fucked up that its clearly visible in the final result, anyone can tell that the final movie was not what was supposed to be.
>>
>>79940612
>i-it was supposed to be boring!
>>
>>79940118
Everybody loves to sperg out about the guy who takes his helmet off, even though that was an okay thing to do because the planet was inhabitable for Engineers, and the first guy to take his helmet off was characterized to be an adventurous risk-taker anyway.

That seems to be the most common """"""criticism"""" with the film
>>
>>79940977
I bet you thought the first Alien was boring too. Rewatch Prometheus after you graduate high school.
>>
>>79940612
Continue
>>
>>79941036
Alien was suspenseful, and amazing. Prometheus is boring garbage.
>>
File: damon_lindelof-2.jpg (54KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
damon_lindelof-2.jpg
54KB, 407x600px
>>79939518
Because this cunt can't write.
>>
people couldn't pick up on the allegory since it wasn't forcefully spoon-fed to them
>>
File: Prometheus-Snake.jpg (18KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-Snake.jpg
18KB, 570x300px
>>79939518
>>
>>79941805
I remember reading an interview where he said that they had a great script and that they didn't need him but they wanted him to tinker with it. So it's still his fault but was erroneously enabled by the studio.
>>
File: 1466187257339.jpg (114KB, 970x880px) Image search: [Google]
1466187257339.jpg
114KB, 970x880px
The soundtrack was good
>>
>>79939518
It wasn't Alien, and nothing happens for the fist half hour. Even the moment where they're talking to the engineer was lack luster. It was just really downplayed overall.
>>
>>79942401
absolutely this. imo the score was Oscar worthy
>>
Because it's shit.
>>
>>79939518
Because they are braindead. How do you watch a movie and fail to grasp even the basics of its story?
>>
File: Slate0204.jpg (19KB, 200x282px) Image search: [Google]
Slate0204.jpg
19KB, 200x282px
>>79939518
TIN MAN

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN
>>
>>79939518
Anything that's not as cut and dry as a Marvel movie is guaranteed to piss people off.

Funny how everyone wants Hollywood studios to make "smart" and "challenging" movies yet most people can't even handle something as simple as fucking Prometheus.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0
>>
>>79941336
More exciting things happen in Prometheus than Alien so you sound fucking dumb, and are making it painfully obvious that you hate the movie because you didn't understand it
>>
Because it lacked characters I cared for, stupid plothole devices, 'dumb' science and generally felt cold and lifeless like it was merely an afterthought for some philosophical nonsense.
>>
>>79942865
holy shit has RLM really been doing this for 5 years now? fuck
>>
Prometheus > Alien III > Alien >>>> Aliens
>>
>>79944165
hehe reddit
>>
>>79944348
Projecting much?
>>
>>79939518
Idk i thought it was decent

biggest problem is not a single person seems upset that mankind is some science project. nobody thought for one second 'oh jeez wonder how all those religious folks across the earth will react to this'.

>evolution

evolution doesn't explain where life on earth came from and only really repudiates literal creationism. Being able to potentially drag enough evidence back to earth could cause serious global unrest as milder religious people struggle with what they want to be vs what is.
>>
>>79944422
hehe reddit
>>
>>79944506
Aliens is reddit's favorite in the series
>>
>>79944558
hehe reddit
>>
>>79939518
I like a lot of the ideas that went into it, but teen slasher shit like trained scientists smoking joints in the monster-making goop ruins the mood, just like when the comedy relief Black man came back in Event Horizon.
>>
>>79942280
>women gives birth to alien squid-baby on christmas day
>not spoonfeeding
>>
>>79943174
>More exciting things happen in Prometheus than Alien
True, but Alien builds and maintains tension instead of giving us disjointed, isolated episodes of suspense.
>>
>>79944918
Jesus was an alien? what?
>>
>>79944975
I didn't intend this when I wrote that, but Ridley did give an interview where the reason the engineers were coming to wipe us out is because Jesus was an engineer and we killed him.
>>
>>79944989
I'm legit confused as to how anyone got a divine conception thing from Prometheus, unless in a really 2EDGY kind of way.

i don't think Ridley is r/atheism enough to actually make the comparison between an alien parasite and the virgin birth.
>>
faggots
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.