[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

What the FUCK was his problem?
>>
lack of oxygen to his brain
>>
File: blackjack.png (407KB, 1357x883px) Image search: [Google]
blackjack.png
407KB, 1357x883px
>me when im trya play blackjack
>>
HEINEKEN
>>
FUCK THAT SHIT
>>
lynch originally wanted him to huff on helium

i honestly wish he stuck with that idea because it would have been fucking hilarious
>>
>>79938604
nitrous is way more fun than helium
>>
>>79937814
You posted it, drugs.

>>79938537
Why does Kyle only play characters with a shtick? It's always pie, coffee, Heineken, being a creepy old guy with a young wife, retarded mayor, etc.
>>
>>79938634
no kidding, but just imagine dennis hopper huffing helium and then yelling in that high pitched helium voice
>>
File: frank booths best line.gif (2MB, 400x198px) Image search: [Google]
frank booths best line.gif
2MB, 400x198px
too based to live
>>
>>79937814
she fucking looked at him
>>
>>79938673
Oh christ he would have been like Christopher Lloyd in Roger Rabbit

That shit would have been nightmare fuel
>>
File: screamed so loud he spit.png (155KB, 434x375px) Image search: [Google]
screamed so loud he spit.png
155KB, 434x375px
>>79938673
I always wonder if what I laugh at in Lynch stuff is even supposed to be funny.
>>
BABY WANTS TO FUCK
>>
LET'S HIT THE FUCK-ING ROAD
>>
Is Mulholland drive really that spooky? I've put off watching it for years because every time I want to watch it, I'm drunk, alone and susceptible to being scared.
>>
>>79939110
it has one big jumpscare early on with plenty of buildup so you know when it's gonna hit. otherwise it's just mysterious and creepy. watch it.
>>
>>79939173
Is that the goblin thing that peeks around the corner? I've seen too many memes of it and I just don't want to stumble onto it when I'm too drunk and spookable.

It's like the jump scare with the spooky Laura Palmer in Fire Walk With Me. Fuck off with that, Lynch. I thought he was above that.
>>
>>79939110
not spooky at all
>>
>>79937814
POP QUIZ, HOTSHOT!
>>
>>79939173
Probably the most disturbing jump scare on film though.
Lost Highway is spookier
>>
>>79939223
you'll know when it's coming. Lynch is nice for limiting himself to one jump scare per flick (Inland Empire, too).
>>
>>79937814
Oedipus complex
>>
File: hopper.jpg (107KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
hopper.jpg
107KB, 768x512px
>>79937814

Sicilians
>>
>>79937814
suburbia
speed limits
guys fucking his slave
>>
>>79939396
>>79939286
It's honestly worse knowing that I'm expecting it. I put the movie on twice in the past year while alone around 2am and about 3 minutes in remembered that there's a jump scare and switched it off right away. I'm just a pussy I guess.
>>
>>79938835
Isabella said that Lynch was laughing as they were filming the dry hump rape scene.
>>
>>79939587
/ourguy/
>>
>>79937814
Is that King Koopa?
>>
>>79937814
if I pull that off would he die?
>>
>>79939871
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>79937814

I have the first serious answer to the OP ITT:

The Frank Booth character had many problems. He was anti-social, violence-prone. All of this is just a little bit too-perfect of a villain; few people are THIS emblematically badass, evil, criminal etc. But Lynch's filmic space invokes such a Mary Sue Villain, just-because. A kid scratches the surface of a small town, and finds Frank. I myself come from a smaller, "meh" midwestern town. I know violence happens over on the other side of town, but I don't care to be personally involved in it. Thus, for me, the pussy, Frank becomes quite plausible, in principle -as something just next door, that if only I involved myself in local life, I might find it. the protagonist of Blue Velvet cared to involve himself in it. I don't.

What else? Frank seems to be all at once criminal, anti-social, violent, and perhaps raised in a broken, abusive home. YET AT THE SAME TIME, HE HAS MALE SUBMISSIVE SEXUAL FANTASIES. This vaguely, horribly finds its expression in his interation with the Rosalinni character. They're doing BDSM in exactly the wrong way from how it actually "should" be done IRL under normal circumstances, and this because Frank needs an outlet for his sub-side, but he's sharp enough and rough enough to know that that can never come out with his mates, his buddies etc. Frank's sub-stuff is thus "on the down-low", and we with the protagonist-voyeur get to see this fucked up psychology. Frank literally "tops from the bottom", which most BDSM tops tend to dislike in their bottoms, but in this case, Rosalinni doen'st have much choice (so she OBVIOUSLY dislikes it, being coerced into it). Rosalinni has "caught the disease", insisting that the protagonist hit her. "His" disease might then be Frank's predilection for kink, now hers.

It is the juxtaposition of the masculine Villain and the would-be sub that make Frank extra-hateful and disgusting to an average audience. That is Frank's fucking problem.
>>
Don't be a good neighbor fucker
>>
>>79937867

underrated
>>
>>79937814
He can't stand warm beer. Makes him fuckin' puke.
>>
>>79940347
Saved
>>
>>79937814
>What the FUCK was his problem?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a stupid cunt who can prepare a proper pour of bourbon and have it ready when you come over

You know how long it takes to train a whore how to spread her legs while sitting in a chair and not look at you, weeks, months, years, they all want to look at you and start talking, fuck.

Candy Colored Clown

You're fucking lucky to be alive, man

Don't be a good neighbor, fucker
I'll send you a love letter, fucker
Straight from my heart
Do you know what a love letter is?
It's a bullet from a gun, fucker
You receive a love letter from me
You're fucked forever
Do you understand, fuck?
I'll send 'ya straight to hell fucker

In dreams I walk with you
In dreams I talk to you
In dreams your mine
All...of...Forever...In Dreams
>>
>>79940347
Quality post. The first time I saw Blue Velvet, I'm pretty sure the "Baby wants to fuck!!!" scene was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. And I'd add that Frank's own shame/insecurity over this stuff makes it even scarier, he smacks her around just for looking at him the wrong way.
>>
>>79941536
I've rewatched this scene probably more than any other film scene ever, it's really fucking mesmerizing
>>
File: skull and crutches.png (107KB, 635x669px) Image search: [Google]
skull and crutches.png
107KB, 635x669px
I'm feeling especially nostalgic because of this thread. I haven't thought about Jackass in years.
>>
>>79941746
wrong thread :^) don't drink and post, kids.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.