[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cinema.jpg (982KB, 856x3544px) Image search: [Google]
cinema.jpg
982KB, 856x3544px
>>
Why is the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort the only good fight using magic in movies?
>>
Fantastic beasts is the onky tolerable since it actually has magic and no annoying, terrible child actors
>>
Wait for it...
>>
Why is this kid such a pleb? Has he even ever seen a french newwave film or is it just harry potter and other pop-nerd trash with him?
>>
>>79935552
Because it was like that in the books too seeing as they are the most powerful. I think films 5-8 were great adaptations of books 5-7 considering the turn the books took as well in tone change. I wish we had an extended cut of OOTP though with the brain room scene that was cut.
>>
>>79935576
It was the worst one you boipussy loving faggot
>>
>>79935552
it was literally dragon ball z with wands aka bad
>>
>>79935504
Good: 1, 2, 3
Decent: 5, 7, 8
SHIT: 4, 6

Yes 6 was terrible, fight me, "muh cinematography" fags.
>>
>Normie meme
>Normie flick

/tv/ was a mistake
>>
>>79935690
Why 4 is bad?
>>
>>79935716
HARRYDIDYOUPUTYOURNAMEINTHEGOBLETOFFIYA
>>
D
>>
>>79935760
Just that?
>>
U
>>
>>79935672
this
>>
>>79935782
No but that line is easier to remember than
>bad pacing, unlikable characters, lots of weird cringey moments, overall mediocrity

If you're gonna start asking for specific times and references don't, I honestly haven't watched 4 recently. Maybe I'm wrong and it's actually a masterpiece, but I've watched it enough times to get an impression of it, and it was never a good one.
>>
>>79935690
If you dislike 6 you suck it isn't great because of just the cinematography. You are a contrarian with rating 1 2 that high.

Elder god tier
3 6 7 8

Good tier
1 2 5

Ok
>>
>>79935672
>>79935800
No it wasn't, also took me forever to realize they do spells that represent earth wind fire and water
>>
File: ranky.png (72KB, 2244x2436px) Image search: [Google]
ranky.png
72KB, 2244x2436px
>>79935594
I applaud your timely efforts to accuse Rowling of lazily using offensive stereotypes, but can even that irony prevent it from being one the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>79936023
>You are a contrarian with rating 1 2 that high.

u wot, 1 and 2 are widely looked back on fondly, they are THE Harry Potter movies, if anything shitting on them is contrarian.

The reason I shit on 6 is because it's wasted potential. A large chunk of the book is dedicated to Voldemort's backstory, but most of it was disregarded in favor of dumb teen romance. Obviously film adaptations have to make changes, not just for runtime but also narrative cohesion, but in this case they were bad changes. The battle at the end was also removed. What should be the penultimate buildup to Deathly Hallows ends up being a pointless exercise in tedium.

>b-but muh digital color filters and violins! so deep
>>
>>79936285
Stopped reading you sound lile a bookfag. The best considered films are Azkaban, Half Blood Prince, Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows. Nobody irl says the first two are the best and that doesn't mean they are bad. Film is a different medium fuck the books. 3 and 6 are better for their differences. Top atmsophere which captured the book. You are a plotfag. The first two are great but they get better
>>
>>79936362
>Stopped reading

Then why even reply? Fuck off m8. Change is necessary when adapting works, nobody disputes this, but that doesn't justify bad changes. It was nice speaking with you.
>>
>>79936362
needs more full stops
>>
>>79936479
It was a meme. The film nailed the good times are ending vibe and has a nice dreary dreamlike atmosphere. It is almost their most nornal year but slowly goes to shit. I thought it was paced very well and I loved the climax. Believe me I love the book and read it in a day but I see what the film was doing. I couls say a lot about it, the cinematography doesnt just have to do with the colors I don't appreciate your memeing. It works with the direction. Like it or not Yates directed the fuck out of the scripts its why Fantastic Beasts was actually fine
>>
>>79935672
no, that's every duel in all the post-ootp movies ever

voldemort v harry in dh2 is literally gohan vs cell

the ootp dumbledore vs voldemort fight is the best fight in the whole franchise and one of the most creative sequences, they're both doing crazy shit we'd never seen before and haven't seen since, and on top of that, they're constantly countering and twisting their opponent's spells into counterattacks. it really gave the impression that powerful, well-learned, vastly experiences wizards could truly do some amazing shit that the average hogwarts graduate would never dream of being able to accomplish

it was like the exact opposite of yoda's duels in the star wars prequels
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.